Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
American Football is probably the closest to the system that will get the best out of Traore.
He has the physique of a running back. NFL players all have a high level of intelligence required to know the playbook in order to switch things up on the fly...

I believe coaches would marvel at Adama's strength and speed but be left scratching their heads at his inability to learn plays and find space away from the defensive backfield.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I absolutely don't have a problem with it, and think it's a good thing. However the counterpoint to that is, our squad needs investment far more than Grasshoppers! Now if we sign 4/5 new players in the positions we need, great! But if we fail in that but sign players that strengthen Guo's wives team in Switzerland questions will quite rightly be asked!

F530F9DC-5D97-4DD0-8EE2-1301ABF847B6.jpeg
Joke btw

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the stumbling block is he is on his hols and can't be ***** to pick up his phone till he's back..
Any agent would surely advise him to see if a better offer comes in before making any decision - a CL club offering similar numbers would trump us all day. Just the way it is unless we are willing to pay silly money in wages and singing on fees.

It's good to be linked with these top their players but difficult so get them across the line without European football.

Last edited:

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I absolutely don't have a problem with it, and think it's a good thing. However the counterpoint to that is, our squad needs investment far more than Grasshoppers! Now if we sign 4/5 new players in the positions we need, great! But if we fail in that but sign players that strengthen Guo's wives team in Switzerland questions will quite rightly be asked!
Well I’d say such questions are misdguided.
Strengthening Grasshoppers is just a by-product. Not the primary objective.

Now if wolves fail in the transfer window it’s hardly because they prioritised identifying low-cost young talent to supply a feeder club.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
He has the physique of a running back. NFL players all have a high level of intelligence required to know the playbook in order to switch things up on the fly...

I believe coaches would marvel at Adama's strength and speed but be left scratching their heads at his inability to learn plays and find space away from the defensive backfield.
Haha I don’t think the OP was seriously suggesting Adama actually gives it a go. Merely stating he has the physical attributes to be a success.

But yes, it’s definitely not a game you can just jump in an expect to have a Scooby about how to play. A couple of high profile league players from down under gave it a crack. Jared Hayne actually did appear for the 49’s in the NFL for few of games. And then there has been a handful of punters with AFL backgrounds who have had decent careers in the NFL.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but what is happening regarding Trincao? We already have enough wasters in the forward line so don't need him IMHO.
Which other wasters do you think we have? I wouldn't put Raul, Pod, or even (the poorly timed rip-off) Silva in that category. To be honest, despite his limitations (he's definitely not a wide player), I wouldn't say Hwang is that either.

Hopefully Trincao has already bottled his last challenge for us.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which other wasters do you think we have? I wouldn't put Raul, Pod, or even (the poorly timed rip-off) Silva in that category. To be honest, despite his limitations (he's definitely not a wide player), I wouldn't say Hwang is that either.

Hoever, Hwang, Silva (£35 million!), Pod is ok but not top class PL, good for the bench maybe, Coady (thanks Coads, been a good servant but not good enough now), Raul (he'd still be good enough if that Arsenal thug Luiz hadn't ruined him as a top class footballer). Need a back-up for Moutinho too although stil a good player for an hour or so. Just a case of getting good players in for me, unfortunately I have little hope that Fosun will do that.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Kenny might mean wasters in the sense that they waste goal scoring opportunities.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever, Hwang, Silva (£35 million!), Pod is ok but not top class PL, good for the bench maybe, Coady (thanks Coads, been a good servant but not good enough now), Raul (he'd still be good enough if that Arsenal thug Luiz hadn't ruined him as a top class footballer). Need a back-up for Moutinho too although stil a good player for an hour or so. Just a case of getting good players in for me, unfortunately I have little hope that Fosun will do that.
I think Kenny might mean wasters in the sense that they waste goal scoring opportunities.
You said striker Kenny? And OW they said wasters, which has a different meaning for someone as ****ing street as me ;)

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Up until recent windows I always had faith that Fosun would pull off a major signing or two out of nowhere but I am now losing complete faith and starting to believe that without Mendes they have no idea whatsoever. My only faint hope on this current window is that the players we are in for have been on Nations League duty and are currently on hols hence one announcements yet …..I am clinging on to this but getting more and more frustrated as the days pass!!!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowt happening?
Nada, just media sources recycling the same stories and likely the players we are in for are away anyway… but hopefully talks ongoing with their representatives and there’s some movement soonish

I’d say in Palhinha’s case it’s good there’s no news as that means he’s not in a massive rush to sign for Fulham… yet

Would be Wolveslike for someone to come out of nowhere we’re not taking about though

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither would like to admit it, but Stoke and Wolverhampton are not actually that dissimilar.
Whilst I appreciate I'm not a permanent lens on the goings on in Wolverhampton City Centre, on the two occasions I've been to Stoke I witnessed two women trading right hooks and a random bloke injecting heroin slumped in the road. It may be a coincidence, but from people I've spoken to, it sounds more like I got lucky

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As a City, Stoke is grim, but like Wolverhampton it has some nice areas. Trentham Garden centre and the adjacent shopping village are excellent. Also I find the people in general hard working and good company.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cutrone - 1 goal every 10 appearances since leaving Milan
Dadashov - 2 goals in 33 on loan to Pacos, Grasshoppers and Tondela
Jeong Sang-bin - 0 goals in 6 for Grasshoppers
Bonatini - yep, he still plays for us. Decent return of18 across two seasons in the Swiss second/premier league after 3 goals in 2 years prior

We have a few forwards on our books who don't score a lot of goals

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone - 1 goal every 10 appearances since leaving Milan
Dadashov - 2 goals in 33 on loan to Pacos, Grasshoppers and Tondela
Jeong Sang-bin - 0 goals in 6 for Grasshoppers
Bonatini - yep, he still plays for us. Decent return of18 across two seasons in the Swiss second/premier league after 3 goals in 2 years prior

We have a few forwards on our books who don't score a lot of goals

Appears to be a speciality apart from Raul.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I appreciate I'm not a permanent lens on the goings on in Wolverhampton City Centre, on the two occasions I've been to Stoke I witnessed two women trading right hooks and a random bloke injecting heroin slumped in the road. It may be a coincidence, but from people I've spoken to, it sounds more like I got lucky
There's a nice bit of Stoke going out towards Newcastle Under Lyme, good pubs and you'd live there...... But in the whole of the Potteries there aren't many nice streets. Wolverhampton is sort of a town of 2 halves, west of Whitmore Reans, town centre and Blakenhall it's mostly a nice town and surprises a lot of people how leafy it is.

Back to transfers, every summer I'm mostly just happy if we replenish and add some quality to the spine, 3 players. But seeing how many outgoings I think we need another midfielder on top of CB, attacking CM, and forward. Our young side given a change of mentality (and added goalscorers) could really become a good side.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awoniyi looks an even better deal if you compare to , say, Timo Werner or Fabio Silva. After all, their Premier League goals have cost more than Hwangs. Though I suppose that doesn't fit the biased scapegoating of Hwang being the biggest waste of money in footballing history.

Of course there are worse deals our there than Hwang, and its quite telling that one of your examples was another masterpiece by our transferteam.
For a "sell to buy" club throwing £50 million down the drain like we did on those 2 is quite disastrous. And add to that Hoever. £10 million...and he'd played zero league games for them...

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you might have your Berlin clubs confused. Union in 5th had their highest ever finish. Quite the opposite of a struggling team.

However, Hertha... Now coached by Felix Magath, managed to stave off relegation by the skin of their sack. Winning the return leg of the relegation playoff after falling to Hamburg in the first match.

I did:)...
My bad!
Bur he did do quite well.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno said he’d give Traore a big hug when he saw him next and it looked like they got on well before he left. Maybe things have changed in recent weeks though , who knows.
I wasn't remotely implying that there's any ill-feeling or animosity there, just questioning whether as a player (as opposed to as a bloke) Bruno sees Adama as unsuited to what he's hoping to instigate as a way of playing next season at Molineux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom