Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as these signings are made in conjunction with strengthening the first team, lm all for it.

Exactly...
Don't think anyone is opposed to buying young players and loaning them to Grasshoppers. Its actually a good idea an we already saw the fruit of it with Toti.
But when our first team continues to be neglected these sort of buy to loan out deals are bound to create a negative reaction.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure on reliability of report, journalist behind it worked for Mirror, Times etc. but also says within story that Palhinha to join us. But just putting it out there.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there are worse deals our there than Hwang, and its quite telling that one of your examples was another masterpiece by our transferteam.
For a "sell to buy" club throwing £50 million down the drain like we did on those 2 is quite disastrous. And add to that Hoever. £10 million...and he'd played zero league games for them...
For me, Hoever is pound for pound the worst signing in our entire history. A nonsensical signing on every single level.

There’s a danger of every thread turning non stop doom and gloom, but if you look at the last 2-3 years in terms of our approach in the transfer market and our outputs, it’s really hard to feel anything other than apprehensive about the weeks ahead.

As a club, we are absolutely desperate for just a crumb of hope and optimism. I really don’t think the powers at be get the seriousness of our predicament.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, Hoever is pound for pound the worst signing in our entire history. A nonsensical signing on every single level.

There’s a danger of every thread turning non stop doom and gloom, but if you look at the last 2-3 years in terms of our approach in the transfer market and our outputs, it’s really hard to feel anything other than apprehensive about the weeks ahead.

As a club, we are absolutely desperate for just a crumb of hope and optimism. I really don’t think the powers at be get the seriousness of our predicament.
There's a stench of death around Molineux. Can kinda feel it, least amongst friends, its all just meh.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly...
Don't think anyone is opposed to buying young players and loaning them to Grasshoppers. Its actually a good idea an we already saw the fruit of it with Toti.
But when our first team continues to be neglected these sort of buy to loan out deals are bound to create a negative reaction.
Yeah and the thing is we won’t see the fruit of this for some time and even then the hit rate is not going to be much better than those academy graduates in and around the first team.

As a strategy it’s excellent, but football seasons are more tactical and rely on what can be done in the short term.

Both are vital to the team, but you can’t make a purse from a pig’s ear etc etc

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a stench of death around Molineux. Can kinda feel it, least amongst friends, its all just meh.
Stagnation rather than death but you are not far wrong. If we get things badly wrong in the transfer window (...again....) I think we could end up near the bottom 6.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry don't believe this article at all first of all every other report is saying Palhinha is off to Fulham but this guy is saying he is coming to Wolves?

Then the odd part about willing to accept45m but already having received and accepted two bids for 60m that doesn't make any sense and yet again against any other reports...

Calling BS on this one...

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I’d say such questions are misdguided.
Strengthening Grasshoppers is just a by-product. Not the primary objective.

Now if wolves fail in the transfer window it’s hardly because they prioritised identifying low-cost young talent to supply a feeder club.
If its the only thing that's produced, it's not a by-product. Even if it's not the primary objective, it's still not a by product at that point. Alchemists wanted to turn lead in to gold, that was their primary objective. They didn't get that, and whatever they produced was the primary product. Its not what they aimed for, but its what they got!

If we fail in this transfer window, yet strengthen a team that has no meaning to us whatsoever, questions will rightly be asked as to how much time and money was invested in that endeavour and then why wasn't that directed at the players we wanted to strengthen us instead, no matter how little it was.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I can see this window being like the others and just waiting for gob****e sellers coming out saying the right player for the right price weren't available and other targets didn't want to come. I think if we had players lined up we'd have signed and announced them by now.
I don't believe we have a strategy and that Bruno will have his players by 1st day of preseason.
Club is becoming a bit of a joke tbf and we all hope for something especially with the ITKs on here which I for one look forward to hearing what news they have.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry don't believe this article at all first of all every other report is saying Palhinha is off to Fulham but this guy is saying he is coming to Wolves?

Then the odd part about willing to accept45m but already having received and accepted two bids for 60m that doesn't make any sense and yet again against any other reports...

Calling BS on this one...
The only logical explanation is that offers totalling 60m have been lodged with loads of bonuses and clauses. Whereas Sporting CP may want 45m in straight up money.

Otherwise, yep, it doesn't make sense what he tweeted.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see this window being like the others and just waiting for gob****e sellers coming out saying the right player for the right price weren't available and other targets didn't want to come. I think if we had players lined up we'd have signed and announced them by now.
I don't believe we have a strategy and that Bruno will have his players by 1st day of preseason.
Club is becoming a bit of a joke tbf and we all hope for something especially with the ITKs on here which I for one look forward to hearing what news they have.
To be fair, not many clubs have recruited so far. I presume things will pick up pace next week as pre-season training resumes.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A source close to João Palhinha has denied he has taken a restraining order out against Scott Sellars, but is said to have called his behaviour 'a bit weird'.

An unnamed buddy of the midfield enforcer revealed "Almost as soon as the lockdown restrictions were eased, João and I were out enjoying some Pasteis de Nata at Nicolas in Praça Dom Pedro IV, when we saw an odd looking man in an overcoat and white chinos, who had been following us around for a while, look up from his newspaper (The Guardian), then quickly put it back up to cover his face again. We were sure it was Mick Hucknall, the singer from Simply Red, but then as we looked closer we realised it couldn't be, as Mick has probably earned enough money that he can afford a jacket that fits him."

It wasn't long before Sellars had been rumbled. Pahlinha's pal added "We had been to Wolverhampton before, to spend time with Rúben (Vinagre) to convince him to come back to Sporting. It got a bit messy and we ended up having a lock-in in a pub called the Gifford. I fell asleep in the toilets with a Harp beermat stuck on the side of my face and a packet of Lambert and Butlers in my mouth, so when I approached him thinking it might be Mick, I instantly recognised that smell on his curly grey mop and knew he must be from Wolverhampton"

"We asked him if he needed any help. I'm not sure what he said or whether he said it to us, because he didn't look us in the eyes. I think he said something about eSports, but then we were still unsure whether it was Mick or not as he walked off muttering 'Money's too tight to mention"

Another strange episode manifested when Pahlinha nipped to Pingo Doce for some eggs. After picking up a box, who was there on the other side of the aisle? You guessed it, Sellars; "He started mumbling something about making money to use money. João told him 'Make an offer for me instead of following me around tracking me all the time' and he uttered 'That's not how you run a football club'."

The last straw was when Pahlinha recently reluctantly opened talks with Fulham via a popular videoconferencing app whilst he was on holiday. "We were all in Ibiza - Fabio (Silva) was there, Podence had just gone home. Marco Silva is outlining his plans for João, saying he wants to build the side around him and detailing his plans for Fulham next season. Suddenly a box appeared on the screen saying 'Scott Sellars is waiting in the lobby'. We didn't know that it meant there is a virtual lobby, so we went to the lobby in the hotel. And that's where it gets really weird. There he was, sat there looking down at the floor while his sleeves draped over the keys on his laptop. He was in the lobby both virtually and physically."

Apparently Pahlinha is still hoping Wolves will make an offer and doesn't believe Sellars' voyeurism is anything to be concerned by. "He is a bit strange, needs a tailor and a shower for sure, but I know if I join Wolves at least I won't bump into him again. He'll be too busy 'tracking' someone else by then." With a glint in his eye, Pahlinha's pal grinned, noting "I hear Talisca and Wallace are looking for clubs"

Last edited:

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whatever happens it will be because Shi authorised it or refused to approve it. I don’t believe Sellars has any strategic financial authority so it’s difficult to hold him 100% accountable for some of the failures. Also in relation to some of the most recent comments of doom and fundamental disinterest by the club to move things forward…I get the impression Bruno can be pretty feisty in terms of what he wants and expects as an opportunity to progress the team. Do we really think he’d be happy to be the fall guy for Fosun’s lack of ambition ?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A source close to João Palhinha has denied he has taken a restraining order out against Scott Sellars, but is said to have called his behaviour 'a bit weird'.

An unnamed buddy of the midfield enforcer revealed "Almost as soon as the lockdown restrictions were eased, João and I were out enjoying some Pasteis de Nata at Nicolas in Praça Dom Pedro IV, when we saw an odd looking man in an overcoat and white chinos, who had been following us around for a while, look up from his newspaper (The Guardian), then quickly put it back up to cover his face again. We were sure it was Mick Hucknall, the singer from Simply Red, but then as we looked closer we realised it couldn't be, as Mick has probably earned enough money that he can afford a jacket that fits him."

It wasn't long before Sellars had been rumbled. Pahlinha's pal added "We had been to Wolverhampton before, to spend time with Rúben (Vinagre) to convince him to come back to Sporting. It got a bit messy and we ended up having a lock-in in a pub called the Gifford. I fell asleep in the toilets with a Harp beermat stuck on the side of my face and a packet of Lambert and Butlers in my mouth, so when I approached him thinking it might be Mick, I instantly recognised that smell on his curly grey mop and knew he must be from Wolverhampton"

"We asked him if he needed any help. I'm not sure what he said or whether he said it to us, because he didn't look us in the eyes. I think he said something about eSports, but then we were still unsure whether it was Mick or not as he walked off muttering 'Money's too tight to mention"

Another strange episode manifested when Pahlinha nipped to Pingo Doce for some eggs. After picking up a box, who was there on the other side of the aisle? You guessed it, Sellars; "He started mumbling something about making money to use money. João told him 'Make an offer for me instead of following me around tracking me all the time' and he uttered 'That's not how you run a football club'."

The last straw was when Pahlinha recently reluctantly opened talks with Fulham via a popular videoconferencing app whilst he was on holiday. "We were all in Ibiza - Fabio (Silva) was there, Podence had just gone home. Marco Silva is outlining his plans for João, saying he wants to build the side around him and detailing his plans for Fulham next season. Suddenly a box appeared on the screen saying 'Scott Sellars is waiting in the lobby'. We didn't know that it meant there is a virtual lobby, so we went to the lobby in the hotel. And that's where it gets really weird. There he was, sat there looking down at the floor while his sleeves draped over the keys on his laptop. He was in the lobby both virtually and physically."

Apparently Pahlinha is still hoping Wolves will make an offer and doesn't believe Sellars' voyeurism is anything to be concerned by. "He is a bit strange, needs a tailor and a shower for sure, but I know if I join Wolves at least I won't bump into him again. He'll be too busy 'tracking' someone else by then." With a glint in his eye, Pahlinha's pal grinned, noting "I hear Talisca and Wallace are looking for clubs"
There are so many carefully crafted observations and descriptions here that it must be true.

Proper journalism. Tim Spiers eat you heart out.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does it say palhinha to us

I agree. The article I think being referred to, says we were after him but that he’s off to Fulham now. Let’s be honest, he is off to Fulham, and there is a good chance Neves will still leave, but too late for us to do anything smart with the money except make Jeff’s club accounts look healthy.

Go on Jeff prove me wrong….

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am not clear on why Adama would leave this year if it's all about money. He is on £46k and it's reasonable to assume we offered to double his money, whilst he wanted almost treble.

So, he has probably missed out on almost £4.6 mill by not signing 2 years ago and missed out on £9 mill in his own mind. If he goes this year and gets around £90k or even £120k a week he still lost out on all that money.

Therefore, in order to make it worth it monetarily for him, he now needs a hefty signing on fee eg around £10mill which I think he commands next year but not if the buying club has to shell out 8 figures to buy him this year.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Whatever happens it will be because Shi authorised it or refused to approve it. I don’t believe Sellars has any strategic financial authority so it’s difficult to hold him 100% accountable for some of the failures. Also in relation to some of the most recent comments of doom and fundamental disinterest by the club to move things forward…I get the impression Bruno can be pretty feisty in terms of what he wants and expects as an opportunity to progress the team. Do we really think he’d be happy to be the fall guy for Fosun’s lack of ambition ?
Regardless what happens to Bruno (I like that he seems demanding) but in future what manager with anything about them would touch us knowing the lack of control/backing Bruno and also Nuno got the last 12 months.
Hopefully it changes.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Javier Gil Navarro

@javigilnavarro
·
2m

ALERTA #RIVER!! Mañana llega al país Mathew Hobbs, jefe de scouting del #Wolverhampton. Viene con la idea de llevarse a #EnzoFernández ejecutando la cláusula de rescisión (que es de 20 millones de euros limpios).

Javier Gil Navarro

@javigilnavarro
·
3m

Replying to
@javigilnavarro
Ahora bien, en este caso los ingleses quieren al futbolista ya, y sabido es que el mediocampista pretende quedarse a finalizar la #Libertadores con el club del cual, además de jugador, es hincha. En horas iniciarán charlas con dirigentes del #Millo y la gente que maneja a EnzoF.

ALERT #RIVER !! Tomorrow Mathew Hobbs, head of scouting for #Wolverhampton arrives in the country. It comes with the idea of taking #EnzoFernández executing the termination clause (which is 20 million euros clean).

Now, in this case the English want the footballer now, and it is known that the midfielder intends to stay to finish the #Libertadores with the club of which, in addition to being a player, he is a fan. In hours they will start talks with leaders of #Millo and the people who manage EnzoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom