Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Worth noting that Fulham have also managed to get a major new stand, with huge planning, engineering and financial challenges, accomplished.

The Premier league is particularly unforgiving of lack of ambition and momentuum.
Is there anyone you can think of who has renovated a stand in the premier league recently? I genuinely can’t.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know we won’t spend it.
Please stop it!!!!!!
Please!!!!

I’ll leave you to it,
Enjoy the summer!!
Can you actually make a prediction, that's all I ask. Then leave me to it.

Just please tell us what you think will happen this summer. It's only a prediction, I know they can be wrong but I just want something to compare back to you.

Instead of just telling me I can't say things, you say something.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve said you expect a deal will be done within a couple of weeks , and slated a poster for believing a deal is done

And you’ve suggested he’s contradicting himself?

Take a day off
I honestly don’t get your point….
I also read you and watw2 as the same poster, dunno if it’s just me

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you actually make a prediction, that's all I ask. Then leave me to it.

Just please tell us what you think will happen this summer. It's only a prediction, I know they can be wrong but I just want something to compare back to you.

Instead of just telling me I can't say things, you say something.
Prediction?
On what exactly? Happily.

You can say whatever you want but don’t pass stuff off as fact, and don’t try and speak for everyone! It’s all I ask!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your Orwellian, dystopian view of the club never changes!
Part time fan. Still maintained a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away.
Your utter crap never cuts it. How’s that Milijas love In going?
Fake news....give praise when justifed, criticism likewise. Its called a balanced, objective view, something which your curious doglike loyalty could never grasp.

Fosun are now under the microscope rightly, having royally screwed up our most promising position in decades this winter.

Real fans care about things like that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fake news....give praise when justifed, criticism likewise. Its called a balanced, objective view, something which your curious doglike loyalty could never grasp.

Fosun are now under the microscope rightly, having royally screwed up our most promising position in decades this winter.

Real fans care about things like that.
Doglike loyalty. Haha!!
I’m just a normal bloke who doesn’t throw his toys out the oram when he doesn’t get his haribo

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't we already have one. It's too early for that but even one signing would be enough to signal some sort of direction. We haven't even confirmed Mouts' one-year deal yet.

It’s coming to a boiling point though Twitter meltdowns mix meltdowns, feel sorry for the socials team who have to collate info and just see seethings teeth gnashing

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prediction?
On what exactly? Happily.

You can say whatever you want but don’t pass stuff off as fact, and don’t try and speak for everyone! It’s all I ask!
On what I asked, how the summer will play out.

Tell us if you think we'll spend money on players that results in a positive net spend? Keep Neves? Palhinha? Spend £30m on a player? Your thoughts on how the window will play out?

I've no doubt you'll hedge your bets with the answers but worth a try.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually think he would add something different to the midfield

Agreed im just wanting anyone to come in. If thats almeida, great.

Matches the young squad, lage wants

Going to be a hard pill to swallow guys, but i think we need to be prepared for 3 or 4 young signings and the average age of squad dropping by a couple of years.

MGW NETO and new players to lead the way alongside, talents coming through. (fabio silva, cundle, mosquera, gomes etc)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed im just wanting anyone to come in. If thats almeida, great.

Matches the young squad, lage wants

Going to be a hard pill to swallow guys, but i think we need to be prepared for 3 or 4 young signings and the average age of squad dropping by a couple of years.

MGW NETO and new players to lead the way alongside, talents coming through. (fabio silva, cundle, mosquera, gomes etc)

That’s what we expect, and it is a MASSIVE risk

You need experienced heads to balance it out

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t help but think that if we’re letting him go to Fulham, we’ve something bigger and better up our sleeves.
What on gods green earth gives you that confidence?

I would trust a raging alcoholic with the keys to a brewery before Jeff and sellers to a semi competent job in the transfer markets….

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owners just pumping it in, i guess in hope they take wages off the bill and manage to squeak through FFP

Although they lost 112m in 2021 and 130m in 2020, following player trades.

Thats 230m, quite terrifying

If you look into how they sneaked through FFP already, it's absurd.

Apparently they lost £88m due to Covid suppressing the transfer market. The next highest club was Villa at £13m.

So the impact of the suppression of the transfer market was nearly 7 times the club with the next highest impact?

Criminal behaviour. No wonder Burnley and Leeds have started proceedings against them.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On what I asked, how the summer will play out.

Tell us if you think we'll spend money on players that results in a positive net spend? Keep Neves? Palhinha? Your thoughts on how the window will play out?

I've no doubt you'll hedge your bets with the answers but worth a try.
I think we will have a small positive net spend of approximately £10m. It’s no secret we need to be self sufficient.

I think Neves will go, but he’s part of a much bigger carousel, including De Jong, which may delay that sale.

I am a little worried there isn’t much money around for him, eg Barca. I was hoping United would come in for him, but seems he isn’t top of the list.

If Neves doesn’t go immediately, I think we will still buy who we want to within reason, be it Palhinha or someone else of that ilk for the £20m or so.

The bigger spending will only come when Neves goes, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see players as part of that deal from wherever he ends up.

I think Traore’s gone, he doesn’t want to be here. So £15m or so for him hopefully.
Clear some of the fringe, like Hoever, Sanderson etc and recoup some more money there.

I’d love Guedes, and think we could get him. I’d like a commanding pacey CB too

Prediction of 10th again next season. Not convinced by Lage.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do you get this confidence from to mock others?

Just because people predicted we would go down before doesn't mean we will never go down.
Just because Fulham wasted money before doesn't mean they will waste it all the time.

I would not be surprised one bit if Fulham finished above us - I'd personally have us both in the mix of teams that will finish 14th and below.
And I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we were in a relegation battle. The league is stronger this season and we were totally reliant on a great keeper who (realistically) may not be able to sustain a level that put him as the best keeper in the league by a mile.
An evidential basis.

Fulham doing bits: Both times that Fulham have come up, I've lost count of the amount of times that I've read here how they've had better windows than us. Down x 2

Villa/Everton/Saints light years ahead. All finished below a stuttering Wolves.

'Relegation battle' - Nope....not yet. Will it happen at some point? Almost certainly. But, again, evidence dictates that it's ripe for lambasting at this stage.

It's not mockery. It's light hearted ribbing, as the vast majority of my comments are on here. I mean no offence. I just enjoy a bit of ribaldry.

The mix has always been a doom and gloom house (as have most forums in fairness).

I just read the same people making the same predictions time and time again. So far, they have been almost uniformly wrong. Will they be right eventually? Absolutely.

In the same way I took joy when we did the double over Villa. Will they get revenge and do the double over us this season? Possibly. At some point in the next 10 years? Probably.

In short, I take confidence in the fact that predictions of our doom have been entirely incorrect. They probably will be again. When our boom period inevitably ends and we enter another Wolves recession, I want to look back on this golden period with fond memories. I don't want to be one of those folk who spent the whole time saying 'This is a shambles/disgrace'. Personal preference.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've already got €10m for Ruben Vinagre ffs. Not even like we haven't got any money in.
Plus the funds that were available to sign Sanches and Botman PLUS the added Season ticket profits from increases.

WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no money to buy anyone unless we sell but if we don’t sell we are 3 players down already plus the Shortfall of on last years numbers.

This is down to sitting on their hands for 3 years and now we have a massive task to rebuild with no money.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no money to buy anyone unless we sell but if we don’t sell we are 3 players down already plus the Shortfall of on last years numbers.

This is down to sitting on their hands for 3 years and now we have a massive task to rebuild with no money.
I think this is the major issue, we could have renewed contracts for Saiss, (doubtful on Marcal)

But we have let them go.

We are suppoingly open to hoover going.

We must be extremely confident in Marques, Gomes, Bolla, MGW that there is no need for signings to compete in the premier league.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Understand a lot of frustration from supporters as i am to with how things are going. But we also need to realise there is a load of BS reported this time of year. Last week we had apparently signed both Nunes & Palhinha, today the same journos are reporting it differently

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martim Neto hasn’t signed a new contract with Benfica…..

I remember sombody on here saying he signed a new one and is staying. No idea if he has and they just haven't updated it.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will have a small positive net spend of approximately £10m. It’s no secret we need to be self sufficient.

I think Neves will go, but he’s part of a much bigger carousel, including De Jong, which may delay that sale.

I am a little worried there isn’t much money around for him, eg Barca. I was hoping United would come in for him, but seems he isn’t top of the list.

If Neves doesn’t go immediately, I think we will still buy who we want to within reason, be it Palhinha or someone else of that ilk for the £20m or so.

The bigger spending will only come when Neves goes, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see players as part of that deal from wherever he ends up.

I think Traore’s gone, he doesn’t want to be here. So £15m or so for him hopefully.
Clear some of the fringe, like Hoever, Sanderson etc and recoup some more money there.

I’d love Guedes, and think we could get him. I’d like a commanding pacey CB too

Prediction of 10th again next season. Not convinced by Lage.
Right, so just check I have this right.

You go at me for not 'speaking for all' and for being negative.

I say: We won't have a positive net spend.
You say: We will spend around £10m.
So, not much between us at all.

I say: Neves will leave.
You say: Neves will leave.

If Neves isn't sold immediately, you think we will still be willing to pay £20m for a player but I don't.

The majority of the money will be spent when Neves leaves. I agree.

So I don't really understand why you've taken such an attitude towards me this morning. Our views are broadly similar. So if you think of me as negative, what does that make you?

Unfortunately you seem to want to tip-toe around the points in order to refuse to debate them, instead turning on individual posters.

Again, the reality is that, like me and other 'negative' fans, you don't expect us to spend much (£10m is nothing in the modern game) and you are worried that Neves' likely sale is holding up what we can do. That's the main issue for most on here, just most of us are saying it straight.

Glad we're on the same page anyway ;)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Palhinha actually that good?

When I've seen him, a bit like Dendonker, but not so terrified when in possession. More able to get the team moving forward (though it could hardly be worse than Donk, could it?) . Still think a pairing of Palhinha and Moutinho would be rather negative and have us still playing 5 defensive players + 2 wing backs mostly in defence, then a large gap to 3 isolated forwards with little idea where they should be.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing official that’s he’s signed a new one, deal ends 30.06.22

Weren’t we linked with Andre Franco aswell his contract running down

We was linked with him, apparently outplayed Chiq comfortably.

Didn't Tim Spiers say we where interested in João Palinha but other deals a much closer?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing official that’s he’s signed a new one, deal ends 30.06.22

Weren’t we linked with Andre Franco aswell his contract running down
So for example say Neto could be in the bag id take Almedia with him… freshen things up Moutinho along side them??

Anyone heard of this guy??

We could sign on a pre contract and flog RAN to chelsea for a pretty penny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom