Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha deal seemingly being dragged out for no reason, moutinho signing an extension. I think it's obvious what's happening!

Lage saying he wants to sign someone, we all know what happens when Lage speaks during transfer windows - absolutely nothing!
You have a point. It does feel like Lage is trying to influence the people that make the decisions around here. He seems like he knows what he needs but its out of his hands.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a point. It does feel like Lage is trying to influence the people that make the decisions around here. He seems like he knows what he needs but its out of his hands.
Lage will soon be out the door if he starts to ask why we're buying players he doesn't want and not buying the ones we do.

Reaction score
A lot of disrespect about Moutinho on this forum. Apart from one bad spell the guy has been a class act for us since he joined, he may not play as much next season but he is a great player and influence to younger players, we need him to stay.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Portuguese report claims Nunes is 'likely' to join because we're going to lose Moutinho, which we now know isn't going to happen.

Can't see it happening at all.
Or maybe dendonker is off and we need another senior ready player to kick the squad on to replace him?

Seems to be many options of what could happen in terms of player movements to raise funds.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really isnt like a house move...
We're already a midfielder short. We should have some cash to spare. There really is no reason to wait until Neves departs,
It really is. Let’s say we sign Palhinha and he’s on Mouts / Neves wages… then they both stay? We then have 3 players on too much money and we have 3 CDMs. Not a good plan.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

With Moutinho looking likely to sign a new deal I cant see both Palhinha and Nunes signing.
I love 5ft 7 and has been a pleasure to watch but if we are looking to progress he just cant be a regular starter just on his age alone, his experience could be needed but it has to be on reduced terms and not hinder our need for new blood in the midfield or elsewhere that needs strenghthening.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Portuguese report claims Nunes is 'likely' to join because we're going to lose Moutinho, which we now know isn't going to happen.

Can't see it happening at all.
Me neither - but if it does I'd be more than happy.
Lots of typical use of the media via the football agents which is to be expected now - and lots more to come.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it an outlay of 60 million on Paulinha and Nunes would be a great investment, both of 4-5 year contracts would mean around 12 mil for the P&L amortisation this year and wages that won’t break the bank.
I understand we sold Jota that summer to fund our business, but if we were able to splash the equivalent of €70m between Fabio & Semedo, I see no reason why we shouldn’t go all in on Palhinha & Nunes, if possible, for what would be €10m cheaper total.

(And for the record, I like both Fabio and Semedo, before any slander comes my way!)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it an outlay of 60 million on Paulinha and Nunes would be a great investment, both of 4-5 year contracts would mean around 12 mil for the P&L amortisation this year and wages that won’t break the bank.

Shift Donk on and we can have those 2 and potentially Neves (as interest seems to have cooled this summer) and Mouts as well giving us 4 quality options meaning we can play a 2 or a 3 and also gives us cover for when Neves does eventually go, succession planning is important, that’s why we spent the bucks on Silva as a future replacement for Raul.

Of course the above won’t happen though, just wishful thinking on my part.
you make a good point but it depends on whether theyhave the cash needed to pay the fees. that will (at least in part) hit this year

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really don't have a clue.

It's got its downsides absolutely e.g. cost, hecticness, but on the flip side you can get food from anywhere in the world, there are amazing pubs everywhere, excellent public transport links, gigs, museums, galleries, cultural landmarks, history etc. I've lived here for about 12 years and I still really like London

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see why Moutinho signing for next year would affect buying Nunes. I'd guess that's speculation. Now we surely have to sell Neves to bring in Nunes though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not his job. Win the ball, hold the ball, pass the ball forward to another Wolves player. Do that reliably for 90+ mins a game, every game, and stay fit.
Sorry but in front of a back 5 you need a damn sight more than that. And in front of a back 4 I'd want someone quicker.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly random but transfer related, if we are selling to raise funds would you rather

A - Sell Neves

B - Keep Neves and sell RAN & MGW for probably roughly the same amount

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is. Let’s say we sign Palhinha and he’s on Mouts / Neves wages… then they both stay? We then have 3 players on too much money and we have 3 CDMs. Not a good plan.

Finances is one thing, but I presume Ruddy, Marcal and Saiss leaving frees up some money...

Having 3 CDMs is hardly the biggest problem I the world either.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly random but transfer related, if we are selling to raise funds would you rather

A - Sell Neves

Good question. TBH, even though I love Neves, I think it's perhaps time for him to take that step up and be back in the Champions League. If you could bring in Palhinia and Nunes for the fee, whilst keeping RAN and MGW it wouldn't be all that bad

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A - Sell Neves

GREAT QUESTION!

A lot depends on who we're bringing in.
My gut feeling is that due to the lack of bodies AND their potential future values it would have to be Neves leaving.

I feel dirty for saying that, but it's the pragmatic brain rather than the romantic heart that's made that call.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Moutinho looking likely to sign a new deal I cant see both Palhinha and Nunes signing.
I love 5ft 7 and has been a pleasure to watch but if we are looking to progress he just cant be a regular starter just on his age alone, his experience could be needed but it has to be on reduced terms and not hinder our need for new blood in the midfield or elsewhere that needs strenghthening.

Unless MGW is going?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question. TBH, even though I love Neves, I think it's perhaps time for him to take that step up and be back in the Champions League. If you could bring in Palhinia and Nunes for the fee, whilst keeping RAN and MGW it wouldn't be all that bad

To be honest I know it's my question but i'm really torn. Part of me thinks selling Neves sends a bad message that we are simply a stepping stone, but on the other hand the other two have so much potential i'd hate to see it realised elsewhere.

In a way it maybe depends what happens with Traore, if he agrees to sign a new deal and stay i'd accept losing the two young ones, if he doesn't it feels like we need those two for excitement purposes

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this summer now
Why?……it hasn’t really started yet, what with the internationals winding down.
The only thing to do is chill.

My only concern is that Wolves get their first targets rather than their seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom