Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok , so Palhina was on a plane earlier.
Anyone due to visit Asda before closing?
Checking deckchairs around Tettenhall pool?
At the Mount tonight?
Highley swimming pool?

Last edited:

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would certainly be happy to see him move into a more important role for the club, was just trying to keep as many of the current players in the squad there than the need for a further signing but I do have the feeling Podence might be sold to give Morgan more game time as like Donk I can't see Podence being happy being 4th choice
If fit, Podence should be first choice and not fourth unless we sign some amazing quality up front.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it frees up anything like Joao, Ruben & Palhinia’s wages. Plus why would you risk ending up with such an expensive player who might not play? It would be full pitchforks on here.

It only needs to free up wages for Palhinha. It's pretty likely that the combined wages of those 3 are around £90-100.000 which I guess wouldn't be far off Palhinhas expected wages

And of course he'd play. He's better than Dendoncker, and Moutinho will be 36 soon.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It only needs to free up wages for Palhinha. It's pretty likely that the combined wages of those 3 are around £90-100.000 which I guess wouldn't be far off Palhinhas expected wages

And of course he'd play. He's better than Dendoncker, and Moutinho will be 36 soon.
So you’d do what with Dendoncker & Moutinho then? Just have them sit on the bench burning the astronomical wages? And what about Saiss, Marcel etc replacements? Are they free? Don’t they earn wages? Or just just have 3 less players?

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, I think you are clutching at straws. A lot of work can be done away from Compton and there are medical facilities around the UK that we could us.
I just don't think anything is advanced or imminent.
I did think that about medicals, but then quite often the player publicity photo shoots and interviews are generally done either at Compton or Molineux.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
LA I didn't totally love, but I did San Fran, Santa Cruz, Carmel, Monterrey, San Luis Obispo and San Diego and really liked all of them. Was an awesome road trip.
LA is a ****hole. People who equate California with LA don't know what they're talking about. The state has everything: beautiful beaches, redwood forests, mountains with some of the best skiing, deserts...you name, the state has it.

I grew up and still live in the suburbs of San Diego one mile from the beach. Other than the cost of living for housing, it's fantastic. Funny, after returning from the UK a couple of weeks ago, I commented when we flew over LA how people must think it's so brown and ugly. So, my advice, fly in and get out. The Central Coast between Santa Barbara and San Francisco (San Luis Obispo, wineries in Paso Robles, Big Sur, Carmel) is rugged, uncrowded, and beautiful. San Francisco is the most "European" city, with a good transit system - the food there is fantastic. Yosemite National Park is truly one of the seven wonders of the world - it will take your breath away.

Enough travel guide commentary.

(P.S. loved London, but liked Edinburgh more. Isle of Skye was spectacular as was driving through the highlands--your roundabouts were a pain in the ass though. Had a great trip!)

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you’d do what with Dendoncker & Moutinho then? Just have them sit on the bench burning the astronomical wages? And what about Saiss, Marcel etc replacements? Are they free? Don’t they earn wages? Or just just have 3 less players?

We have needed competition in midfield for ages, its not like they won't ever play.

Most likely we already have the replacements for those players, Toti for Saiss, Bueno/Giles for Marcal or they may not bother with a direct replacement, we have RAN and Jonny to play on the left

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have needed competition in midfield for ages, its not like they won't ever play.

Most likely we already have the replacements for those players, Toti for Saiss, Bueno/Giles for Marcal or they may not bother with a direct replacement, we have RAN and Jonny to play on the left
I’m not arguing we don’t need more MF comp. I’m saying we won’t ever have excess highly paid ‘spare’ players on the books. It’s one ‘senior’ per position plus youth. That’s how Fosun work. We’ll never have a Moutinho + Neves + Donk + Palhinha situation and I don’t see us risking getting into that by mistakenly signing Palhinha before knowing for sure Neves or Moutinho are def going.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
LA is a ****hole. People who equate California with LA don't know what they're talking about. The state has everything: beautiful beaches, redwood forests, mountains with some of the best skiing, deserts...you name, the state has it.

I grew up and still live in the suburbs of San Diego one mile from the beach. Other than the cost of living for housing, it's fantastic. Funny, after returning from the UK a couple of weeks ago, I commented when we flew over LA how people must think it's so brown and ugly. So, my advice, fly in and get out. The Central Coast between Santa Barbara and San Francisco (San Luis Obispo, wineries in Paso Robles, Big Sur, Carmel) is rugged, uncrowded, and beautiful. San Francisco is the most "European" city, with a good transit system - the food there is fantastic. Yosemite National Park is truly one of the seven wonders of the world - it will take your breath away.

(P.S. loved London, but liked Edinburgh more. Isle of Skye was spectacular as was driving through the highlands--your roundabouts were a pain in the ass though. Had a great trip!)
WarmheartedGrimyHairstreak-max-1mb.gif
Did you try navigating this bad boy?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out - Neves (£50m), Ait-Nouri (£30m, £10m to Angers), Gibbs-White (£20m), Traore (£10m), Vinagre (£10m) = £110m

In - Nunes (£30m), Palhinha (£20m), Guedes (£30m), Seferovic (£5m), Inacio (£30m) = £115m

£5m net spend. How many of you would take that? I’d like to see MGW stay, but if he’s making an issue out of wanting to be a guaranteed starter, then it might be worth cashing in while his stock is high. If we moved to a back four would RAN start over Jonny? Not for me, I see the potential but Jonny is too solid to be on the bench, and Semedo is 100% starting at right back.

Jimenez
Guedes Podence Neto
Palhinha Nunes
Jonny Inacio Kilman Semedo
Sa
Bench: Sarkic, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Chiquinho, Hwang, Silva, Seferovic

Might leave us a little short on full back cover, but could introduce Bolla and Giles to the first team squad as cover.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From the little we’ve seen of it, California has a bit of everything. You can have the brash in and around LA, the beautiful and varied coastal areas, the national parks like Yosemite, lakes, mountains, deserts, and wine regions. Having lived in Virgina and Texas and traveled a decent amount from there, it’s by far my favourite state.

Last edited:

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Out - Neves (£50m), Ait-Nouri (£30m, £10m to Angers), Gibbs-White (£20m), Traore (£10m), Vinagre (£10m) = £110m

In - Nunes (£30m), Palhinha (£20m), Guedes (£30m), Seferovic (£5m), Inacio (£30m) = £115m

£5m net spend. How many of you would take that? I’d like to see MGW stay, but if he’s making an issue out of wanting to be a guaranteed starter, then it might be worth cashing in while his stock is high. If we moved to a back four would RAN start over Jonny? Not for me, I see the potential but Jonny is too solid to be on the bench, and Semedo is 100% starting at right back.

Jimenez
Guedes Podence Neto
Palhinha Nunes
Sa
Bench: Sarkic, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Chiquinho, Hwang, Silva, Seferovic

Might leave us a little short on full back cover, but could introduce Bolla and Giles to the first team squad as cover.
I'd add Hoever £10m to that.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jimenez
Guedes Podence Neto
Palhinha Nunes
Sa

I’d keep Gibbs-White and sell Podence personally.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Link?? How can we sort deal with him but not Palhinha ridiculous……….. Although talk about midfield upgrades
Terms not agreed with the club, we are still 10 million apart according to sources on twitter and Facebook but personal terms are no issue.
Don't shoot the messenger

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jimenez
Guedes Podence Neto
Palhinha Nunes
Sa

Id be over the moon with that,but would like to keep RAN if im honest

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes I'd have Dendoncker and Moutinho on the bench if we had Neves and Palhinha. And if Neves leaves, I'd have Dendoncker on the bench.

I presume Ruddy are replaced by Sarkic, Marcel by Jonny/Ait-Nouri (Semedo and Hoever/Chiquinho competition on the right ).

And Saiss? In a back 5, Gomes can easily replace him. Go to a back 4, we'd need different type of players sure. But not necessarily more defenders. I imagine selling Coady could generate adequate income for a good but different type of defender.

I'm not advocating that we don't strengthen the defence by the way. But midfield is the most crucial area right now.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the little we’ve seen of it, California has a bit of everything. You can have the brash in and around LA, the beautiful and varied coastal areas, the national parks like Yosemite, lakes, mountains, desserts, and wine regions. Having lived in Virgina and Texas and traveled a decent amount from there, it’s by far my favourite state.
I don’t mind desserts but am more of a savoury fan!

Monswolf

Reaction score

Agree 100%. Some advice when I’m San Fransico go out to treasure island at night you will have the most beautiful view of the city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom