Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70m on a defensive midfielder is too much for that position IMO, how much was Rodri? We're not getting that amount. And we can't afford to keep him either, especially now he's got his heart set on Champions League..... (Well at least he's not going to United then!).

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Poor response pal. I know you clearly are very supportive of Fosun and fair enough. That is your opinion but no need for digs.

The fact is other clubs are signing players now to strengthen their squads and as it stands we have signed absolutely no one. Of course I will get the same tired pant wetter etc responses from those on here who hate anything critical being said about the club but we are a few weeks from pre season training and still no new deal for Moutinho, Neves future very much up in the air, Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal gone and neither Saiss or Marcal as yet replaced.

We will see what happens but I have to be honest I am not that impressed with the total lack of anything yet.

Lets hope the coming weeks bring us all some better news with some decent and much needed additions to the squad but I never understand the need for digs.
Walsall are doing bits too! I can't believe we haven't signed anyone. There's been 3 days of the transfer window gone already!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds getting players in early. Third signing. Well I never! This would be a really impressive signing for them. Their other two signings look decent as well.
I think its too early to tell if these are going to be bargains or flops, and Leeds, like us, have had their fair share of both over the years...

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a carry on. I feel for Neves , he is clearly a good family man and he , his wife and children could end up anywhere at this rate .
Well at least we know he's going as apparently we haven't a penny to spend otherwise as we're broke.
It's simple no Neves departure - no incomings we've been told. As has already been said on here for a Premiership club to be unable to buy anybody because we will only spend once we've sold is an absolute **** take.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Walsall are doing bits too! I can't believe we haven't signed anyone. There's been 3 days of the transfer window gone already!
I remember this sort of comment last window when we were crying out for more squad depth.
I remember when we couldn't strike a deal with Cardiff for Kieffer Moore 10 mins before deadline.
Forgive those who are a little skeptical given our recent moves in the transfer window. Let's see where we are at come deadline day.
Ideally you need players through the door, getting fit, getting familiar with the system.
Not last minute because Jeff fancies a lucky dip on a bargain.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leeds getting players in early. Third signing. Well I never! This would be a really impressive signing for them. Their other two signings look decent as well.
Out of interest, what is it about Marc Rocca that would make him a really impressive signing? I like to think I know a bit about European footballers but he’s never really crossed my radar.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds = doing a Villa, knowing their crown jewel is off?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Taking what back? Look at the books. Look at other PL clubs, and the level of debt they rack up as they continue to spend more than they get in. Everton, Brighton, all the relegated clubs… If you can’t be bothered, then don’t make comments about things you don’t know.
Well others are saying we are broke even now. Im not saying spash 80 + million , but we should be able to spend 25 million that should be a given every season before selling our stars. Then reinvest the neves cash in players to turn a profit.
Ffs last seasons gate receipts would buy seferovic and half a palhinha.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, what is it about Marc Rocca that would make him a really impressive signing? I like to think I know a bit about European footballers but he’s never really crossed my radar.
Never heard of him either .

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I remember this sort of comment last window when we were crying out for more squad depth.
I remember when we couldn't strike a deal with Cardiff for Kieffer Moore 10 mins before deadline.
Forgive those who are a little skeptical given our recent moves in the transfer window. Let's see where we are at come deadline day.
Ideally you need players through the door, getting fit, getting familiar with the system.
Not last minute because Jeff fancies a lucky dip on a bargain.
It's been 3 days since the transfer window opened. I think it's a little early to start moaning about our transfer business. But you go for it if you want to, same with the others of your persuasion.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the comments on that Benfica fans would be gutted if he left... After spending so much on Silva I just can't see us spending even more on a player that will then restrict his playing time...
Ramos actually forms a nice partnership with Silva for Portugal. I really want to believe this hs true. However, I doubt he is worth £40m and I can't see us buying him and Seferovic.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least we know he's going as apparently we haven't a penny to spend otherwise as we're broke.
It's simple no Neves departure - no incomings we've been told. As has already been said on here for a Premiership club to be unable to buy anybody because we will only spend once we've sold is an absolute **** take.
Even if Neves stays, Wolves will still bring in players.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One hopes that the club have gauged accurately how much they can get for Neves. Working with Mendes I hope they worked out what they would get and from who before ‘putting him up for sale’.

At the moment it feels very much like one of those house owners that has determined the price of their house based on what they want rather than what the market rate is, then are surprised when they have lots of viewings but no takers at their asking price. Meanwhile the dream home gets picked up by someone else.

I’m all in favour of a refresh and was quite excited by some of the rumours floating around. At the moment we’re going to be left with players we wanted to sell and without the players we wanted to buy.

If we start next season with basically the same starting 11 as we did last season minus Saiss with no additions we are absolute certainties for relegation. Everyone knows how to play against us and our existing midfield is just not dynamic enough to beat the press.

I just hope Cornwall’s comments about deals coming to a close is not solely dependent on selling Neves. Personally, I would see if we could offload Dendonker and get Palhinha, the prices must be similar.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been 3 days since the transfer window opened. I think it's a little early to start moaning about our transfer business. But you go for it if you want to, same with the others of your persuasion.
You have a point but you only have to look at the last few transfer windows. People like you were all saying the same as you are now that we had to trust Fosun and the rest is history. They have a recent track record of talking the talk but failing badly.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well others are saying we are broke even now. Im not saying spash 80 + million , but we should be able to spend 25 million that should be a given every season before selling our stars. Then reinvest the neves cash in players to turn a profit.
Receipts or profit?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

we’re not broke and we probably will spend, the point people have made is if we want to make major changes to the squad then we’ll need to raise funds.

They’ve already cleared some wages off the books, will likely want to rid themselves of more via some of the returning loans leaving too.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being 3 days into the window has little relevance to how I feel about the way in which club/fan communication has been handled the past 18 months. It's been a PR car crash with contradictary statements, mixed messages and clear disregard for the staff working under Jeff and Guo.
I'm hoping there is a master plan about to unfold, judging by the state of our most senior and important players contracts it would seem like we are winging it.
I wasn't moaning, I am a bit now.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we’re not broke and we probably will spend, the point people have made is if we want to make major changes to the squad then we’ll need to raise funds.

They’ve already cleared some wages off the books, will likely want to rid themselves of more via some of the returning loans leaving too.

Yep. Wolves have money to spend and deals lined up regardless of Neves situation. But for the large-scale rebuild we need, they need to sell.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any other internationals for portugal to play? Is palhinha free to fly over?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

You have a point but you only have to look at the last few transfer windows. People like you were all saying the same as you are now that we had to trust Fosun and the rest is history. They have a recent track record of talking the talk but failing badly.
It doesn't matter whether you trust Fosun or not on their potential transfer spend. It's been 3 days of a transfer window that shuts on September the 1st. I can't really see how anyone can judge anything based on a window that has barely opened, yet some people are already.
I personally couldn't care less who else has done bits as i'm only interested in what we do. But like i said anyone is welcome to moan as much as they want. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We are not broke and nobody said we are. That’s your invention. Why should we be able to spend x amount before we sell our stars if you haven’t taken the time to even look at our accounts? You’re just throwing numbers out without thinking about what they mean, or where they come from. Gate receipts are peanuts compared to the club’s other income, and more importantly, it’s costs.

If you want to start to understand how much surplus cash we have to spend on transfer fees and wages, then start here.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether you trust Fosun or not on their potential transfer spend. It's been 3 days of a transfer window that shuts on September the 1st. I can't really see how anyone can judge anything based on a window that has barely opened, yet some people are already.
I personally couldn't care less who else has done bits as i'm only interested in what we do. But like i said anyone is welcome to moan as much as they want. I'm just pointing out the obvious.
You are either optimistic or pessimistic, it doesn't matter which of those any of us are.
The point I'm making is that the club hasn't done anything to instill confidence in its fan base about any aspect of our future as a club other than e sports, music and fashion.
That's great from a business perspective but not so great when our fans are being priced out of the substandard facilities and seats they chose 10 years ago.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are perfectly entitled to trust Fosun and I'm entitled not to.

Nige

Reaction score
Wow we are now 178 pages into a thread... Have we signed anyone yet :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member drgr12429

You are either optimistic or pessimistic, it doesn't matter which of those any of us are.
The point I'm making is that the club hasn't done anything to instill confidence in its fan base about any aspect of our future as a club other than e sports, music and fashion.
That's great from a business perspective but not so great when our fans are being priced out of the substandard facilities and seats they chose 10 years ago.
Like chappie said below your post. You can either trust or not.
But for sure people are entitled to question the validity of moaning about Wolves transfer business 3 days in. It goes both ways.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are not broke and nobody said we are. That’s your invention. Why should we be able to spend x amount before we sell our stars if you haven’t taken the time to even look at our accounts? You’re just throwing numbers out without thinking about what they mean, or where they come from. Gate receipts are peanuts compared to the club’s other income, and more importantly, it’s costs.

If you want to start to understand how much surplus cash we have to spend on transfer fees and wages, then start here.

My invention?
Where have i said we are broke ?
Those peanuts that you speak of would buy seferovic and half palhinha. Nice peanuts to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom