Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wouldn't surprise me if there's a stampede for RAN. thought he was outstanding in the game there, just waltzed past some of their players

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be really surprised if Liverpool don’t make a move for RAN at some point.

In the home match last season he had Salah in his pocket the whole time he was on the pitch. He did so well that at the halftime whistle Salah went up and shook his hand and did the same when RAN went off injured later in the game. I would imagine Salah will have recommended him to Klopp.

T

TheConcourse

RAN is one of the players that will go for big money, but I’d hold off for one more season.

Also wouldn’t be against selling him if the club can find a quality youngster to sit behind Jonny.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are classed as a sell to buy club but we dont have to sell the whole team lol
Exactly.

We sell one big asset each year and we are laughing.

After Neves we have the likes of

RAN
Kilman
Neto
Fabio (in 3-4 years)

All of these would find a seasons transfer activity.

Obviously we want all out top players to stay but it’s just not realistic. As long as we don’t asset strip and continue to unearth and develop talent I have no major issue with this.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly.

RAN
Kilman
Neto
Fabio (in 3-4 years)

Obviously we want all out top players to stay but it’s just not realistic. As long as we don’t asset strip and continue to unearth and develop talent I have no major issue with this.

Don't go and tell me there's a proactive plan after all :astonished:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

RAN
Kilman
Neto
Fabio (in 3-4 years)

Not, of course, to mention who we might sign....

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The athletic did a piece on Valencia today, included the below…

“Guedes’ most likely destination is Roma, where another Mendes’ client, Jose Mourinho, is the coach, for around €40 million.”
And some on here thought we could get him on the cheap lol

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's when Barca are involved and they're supposedly skint. I'd say his market price is around the 50m to 60m price, obviously if players are swapped as part of the deal (Nico, Wan Bissaka) then it would be less.
I don't rate wan basaka at all.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell RAN if it means keeping neves on a new contract and funding the rest of the rebuild. 40m would seem realistic. 10m to angers to buyout their sell on clause, 30m to us. Sell a few more fringe players and we should have a pot of 60m to play with plus the 10m from vinagre. Would make the 'links' to bassey more sense as he can play lb and left side of defence thus covering jonny for the left side if needed.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t Angers have 50% sell on clause so we could get the price down?

As much as I like RAN if we can get 40/50m for him then we could easily buy someone else

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t Angers have 50% sell on clause so we could get the price down?

As much as I like RAN if we can get 40/50m for him then we could easily buy someone else

We can buy it for £10m I believe.

Doubt Chelsea or City buy him this window

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN would be getting some very bad advice from his agent if he went now. He has a very high ceiling but right now he isn’t starting for any of the big teams at all. There is loads of good points to his game but some negatives as well which will get ironed out in time, but to do that he needs to play weekly not sit on someone’s bench

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably a good strategic plan is to buy 19 year olds from leagues where there are 1 or 2 very wealthy clubs..... Like a PSG or Madrid. Get them in for 10m, prove themselves already in that league, then the Prem, then we sell them on after 2 seasons for 40m to one of the giant spenders!

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably a good strategic plan is to buy 19 year olds from leagues where there are 1 or 2 very wealthy clubs..... Like a PSG or Madrid. Get them in for 10m, prove themselves already in that league, then the Prem, then we sell them on after 2 seasons for 40m to one of the giant spenders!

You know this is not champo but real life? ;)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN would be getting some very bad advice from his agent if he went now. He has a very high ceiling but right now he isn’t starting for any of the big teams at all. There is loads of good points to his game but some negatives as well which will get ironed out in time, but to do that he needs to play weekly not sit on someone’s bench

Yes, it would be of real benefit to both him and us to stay for another season. Hopefully his agent can see that and is singing off the same hymn sheet!

His agent is Mendes, so I assume that will be the case.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree
Being able to play for 90 mins instead of 65 would be a good start

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know this is not champo but real life? ;)
Yes, and that's pretty much how Leicester work, selling McGuire to moneybags United, funding their whole rebuild. Tielemans will go for double what they paid. We need a more expansive way of playing to show off our forwards who like full backs seem to go for top £££.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get the RAN love in.hes OK going forward but too lightweight and as far as defending goes absolutely useless.if Chelsea offer good money I'd rip there arm off
Sorry you watching the same player?! Ait-Nouri is far from "useless" defensively if anything I think that part of his game is extremely underrated...

dnf14

Reaction score
Yes, and that's pretty much how Leicester work, selling McGuire to moneybags United, funding their whole rebuild. Tielemans will go for double what they paid. We need a more expansive way of playing to show off our forwards who like full backs seem to go for top £££.
They paid £40m for him and he's going to leave for ~£25m since he's in the final year of his contract.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Don't get the RAN love in.hes OK going forward but too lightweight and as far as defending goes absolutely useless.if Chelsea offer good money I'd rip there arm off
You should maybe watch a game before judging a player. He is statistically one of the best defensive left backs around.
He looked anything but useless against Salah at Molineux for example

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should maybe watch a game before judging a player. He is statistically one of the best defensive left backs around.
He looked anything but useless against Salah at Molineux for example
Think he started off a bit average in his defensive game, but got up to speed fast. Loves a stepover, would imagine in a better team so many more of his runs and crosses would lead to goals. Always annoyed me when he was sat on the bench, when we had no attacking threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom