Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
You are correct .. stopped posting what I have been told as not worth the flack on here .. passing my info on to a respected member of the mix who if they wish advise if what I here is correct if it happens
I'm not in the know put get messaged from agents and coaches I am friends with
I am friends with a number of Wolves players but they never give any info out
All i will say there a quite a few negotiations going on some nearing conclusion if I what they tell me is correct
Not refering to Palhinha as like most believe done deal
Nunes I understand wont happen .. but he would be top of my list to sign will be immense player
I concur with the general consensus. It is a shame you have to feel like that, and your updates (and similar) are the most interesting posts on this thread. From what i recall you indicated you weren't expecting anything to be announced imminently, so not sure what gripes people would have.

Unfortunately just the nature of the beast, and a minority spoiling it for the majority.

If you do feel comfortable to post then i am sure most will be glad to hear, and will understand if you don't.

Hopefully the good feeling from others can counteract any stupidity you have encountered.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Nigeria playing in an AFCON qualifier later today… be interesting to see if he’s in the squad!

Summer fun

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love us to sign Bassey, absolutely exactly sort we need as a left centre-back.

Would a footballer even use their own Instagram account? Could it be the agent is meeting and has sent it from Bassey's account as opposed to his own?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agent trying to squeeze a bit more dough from the Villa I reckon.

Coops

Reaction score
Would rate him as a signing, probably only reason Rangers didnt get spanked in the Europa League final.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agent trying to squeeze a bit more dough from the Villa I reckon.

I think its pretty unprofessional to bring another club into it so publicly if that's the case. Very bizarre thing to do.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we continue with a back three (think we will) Calvin Bassey would be perfect for the left side of the three for sure has all the right attributes for that role..

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decision making maybe better than Adama, and could play maybe 50% more games than Podence...... But it's so hard to know.
Ideally we can keep MGW and get Guedes, Palhinha, Nunes and Inacio.....and look like a midtable Portuguese team ;)
Wouldn't that be EPL relegation fodder ?

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Asked a few Scottish work mates about Bassey, and they all say he is unreal, and going to the top.

One of them mentioned he’s off to Villa, but that could be to wind me up…..

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FVIZv8WXwAA8Laj

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour that Calvin Bassey posted on Instagram he was at our training ground and has now deleted it. Rangers fans dismissing this as he should be on International duty with Nigeria.

I have only seen him play once but he looked a very good prospect at left back. He is pacy and strong, but unless we are selling RAN or Jonny I would be surprised that would buy him for centre back. He is 6'1" and wins his ariel duels so it's possible he may be earmarked for centre back but I would have expected a taller right footer - I certainly can't see them paying £25m.

Having said that, being accidentally tagged at Wolves training ground is exactly how this surprises filter out so you have to at least entertain the idea there may be something in it.

Even if he is in the Nigeria squad today I don't know when the tag took place, there is nothing to say it wasn't weeks ago?

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I have only seen him play once but he looked a very good prospect at left back. He is pacy and strong, but unless we are selling RAN or Jonny I would be surprised that would buy him for centre back. He is 6'1" and wins his ariel duels so it's possible he may be earmarked for centre back but I would have expected a taller right footer - I certainly can't see them paying £25m.

Having said that, being accidentally tagged at Wolves training ground is exactly how this surprises filter out so you have to at least entertain the idea there may be something in it.
If you look at the photo he posted which is on the Daily Record link, in the top left corner there’s an advert on a green object….the phone number has a dialling code of 01902 it looks like….Wolvo dialing code…..

Andi130

Reaction score
Maybe he's been in over the weekend, then flew back out to the national Team. That luxury chauffeur firm appear London based by the looks of things. Wouldn't completely rule out a ferry up from Gatwick/Heathrow....Guess work though

molinew

Reaction score
Given lots of players' agents or management teams post on their social media for them, there's a chance a representative of Bassey posted this on behalf of themself or another player, having been logged into the wrong account. Interested if he shares a stable with anyone else we might be looking at. Alternatively, perhaps it's the agent who's there to meet with the club on his behalf.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you ever know a club faff about so much selling players let alone buying them
Liverpool announce a target one day and buy the next
Get on with it ffs
Which target is that? Nunez? If so they’ve been linked with him the last two windows! Don’t let the truth get in the way of your latest moan though

modenawolf

Reaction score

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Presume the tweet came from the agents who manage his account.

That's a list of players they have if anyone wants to speculate lol
More than likely one of the England's posting about training at Wolves today just put on the wrong account....

Oooops!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given lots of players' agents or management teams post on their social media for them, there's a chance a representative of Bassey posted this on behalf of themself or another player, having been logged into the wrong account. Interested if he shares a stable with anyone else we might be looking at. Alternatively, perhaps it's the agent who's there to meet with the club on his behalf.

There are a couple of England players who have the same representation (Reece James & Marc Guehi), so whilst unusual (assume the team coach would have taken them from a meeting point), it could just be them arriving for England duty as they are training at Compton I think and posted on the wrong account

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, as quoted, its only a £17 million fee for Palhinha this would be very worrying. I'm a bit sceptical though tbh. We wouldn't need to pay out all the cash upfront and surely if by some chance Neves were to stay he'd be fantastic partnering him in CM next season? If we need to sell Neves (and/or others before we can bring anyone in) that certainly wouldn't be making life easy for ourselves and would perhaps mean us potentially missing out on targets. I don't think we're that daft?

We ay daft,but car say that about Shi and Sellars.What I want to hear is...We have bin after Palhinha for almost 2 years.We really want him and he wants to come here.So the deal will be done as soon and the international games are finished.NOT we ay sold Ruben yet so we ay got any money bul****.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Presume the tweet came from the agents who manage his account.

That's a list of players they have if anyone wants to speculate lol
They have quite a few of our youngsters on the books like Sarkic, Giles, Moulden, Birtwistle etc.

Could’ve just been the agent posting they were there for them and put it on Bassey’s account by mistake

MontyR

Reaction score
Could have also said he’d post it on insta for marketing purposes and used an older pic, but forgot that he shouldn’t have tagged the location. Who knows

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I fear he is someone who looks a lot better in a dominant team like Liverpool but will disappear in a lesser team that doesn’t have the same level of support around him.

So basically any and every forward we could be linked to

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't say they have bid £70m says they have made a bid for a £70m rated player. Says that we want around £70m for him but it doesn't say how much they have actually bid
No I know, but it's intimating they might which is contradictory to some posters who believe we won't get much more than £40m.

Thing is, we never disclose how much we're buying or selling for, so we'll never know either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom