Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

W

WasStefan

I'm sure they would like more police colleagues so they can manage services better. If they've all had leave cancelled anyway, it suggests they are operating on a shoestring workforce and have not been able to make arrangements to borrow officers from other forces, probably due to budget constraints. Assumedly Wolves would pay for policing but the police just cannot cover it all.
Not gonna get much sympathy for WMP on here or the police as a whole for that matter

Well, not from me anyway

irishwolf1995

Reaction score
Think we will play away the first weekend and Home the second weekend seeing as WBA will be at home weekend of the 6th.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not gonna get much sympathy for WMP on here or the police as a whole for that matter

Well, not from me anyway
I wasn't giving them sympathy, just saying that if they've had numbers slashed they can no longer do the job, and if they can't do the job then we can't host the matches.
In days gone by we used to borrow those Welsh police with batons to supplement WMP who acted like some sort of private militia.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wasn't giving them sympathy, just saying that if they've had numbers slashed they can no longer do the job, and if they can't do the job then we can't host the matches.
In days gone by we used to borrow those Welsh police with batons to supplement WMP who acted like some sort of private militia.
Cant remember seeing a copper when we played celta vigo.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well, not from me anyway
As I get older I find myself having more sympathy. It's a pretty thankless job and a tough one. They do have some nobheads in their ranks though: I remember at Vale away for a friendly a few years back one of the local coppers flicking the Vs at us on the bus, then when someone reacted they got pushed into their seat by another copper. And away at Blues when they formed a line halfway down the road before evaporating then were surprised it kicked off all over the place.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I get older I find myself having more sympathy. It's a pretty thankless job and a tough one. They do have some nobheads in their ranks though: I remember at Vale away for a friendly a few years back one of the local coppers flicking the Vs at us on the bus, then when someone reacted they got pushed into their seat by another copper. And away at Blues when they formed a line halfway down the road before evaporating then were surprised it kicked off all over the place.
You're right about some nobheads in their ranks.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
G Div disbanded in the 80`s were the worst!

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
Sporting Lisbon away would be great...the away end isn't very big....I've been in it....
We played Sporting (1-5) in a friendly exactly 20 years ago at their training ground off Lisbon, accessed by a ferry. About 30 of us and 7 Portuguese plus a dog for them, far from a big draw in those days

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played Sporting (1-5) in a friendly exactly 20 years ago at their training ground off Lisbon, accessed by a ferry. About 30 of us and 7 Portuguese plus a dog for them, far from a big draw in those days
Didn't Ronaldo play....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren’t villareal and Valencia meant

Valencia and villareal were meant to be in the Ohio cup with us in America and are both within a 2 hour drive of Alicante
Yes I nw....just meant they might be stuck like us....we might not play them at there ground ....maybe in Alicante......if we are based in Alicante we may use Hercules ground (possible)........

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great memories of that trip

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I'm sure they would like more police colleagues so they can manage services better. If they've all had leave cancelled anyway, it suggests they are operating on a shoestring workforce and have not been able to make arrangements to borrow officers from other forces, probably due to budget constraints. Assumedly Wolves would pay for policing but the police just cannot cover it all.
Mutual aid will be requested for the games.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully find out soon when and where the games are, I'm interested in a few days in the sun.
Yeah and the price diference between early july and mid to late july is quite a bit due to school holidays kicking in.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bugger pre season, the fixtures are out Thursday, let’s just crack on with it

Back
Top Bottom