Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And others chase "likes" and spend most of their day posting on here, posters calling other fans "pathetic" need to take a hard look at themselves.

YES!

This, this and this...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think Palhinha and Nunes would be an upgrade on Moutinho and Neves - providing much more defintion, bite and forward drive to our midfield.

I think Morgan would be an upgrade on both Podence and Dendoncker in the current formation (on the right of the front three breaking from midfield) and could be pivotal if we switched formation and moved him to a ten.

I think Guedes would offer the goal threat that Trincao and Traore sorely lacked.

If the club pulls off those deals, they are big improvements in my eyes. But plenty of people have already rubbished them. I genuinely don't know who people think we should be targeting if they think those we are targeting are rubbish.

Literally the top of the Mendes stable are Rafael Leao and Darwin Nunez who would probably both be €100m!
Who has rubbished Palhinha? He's a decent player but isn't as good as Neves.
As for Nunes, he's likely out of our league and will have UCL suitors.
Guedes would be a decent signing though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone send it that useless **** Sellars
Anyone can write a report...the difference is Scott Sellars sees the budget.....and there isn't one...

Scott is like us , hoping the magician Jorge can pull a few rabbits out the hat...Scott call will be , which u23s can go out on loan next season...

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I nw he did in the championship...guedes or Gibbs for me isn't even an argument...I see podence as better than Gibbs.....

If someone has offered 20/25m fir Gibbs 12 months ago we would have snapped there hands off.....we have gapping holes in the first team and Gibbs doesn't fill one for me.....if we had endless money then yes keep him....if we don't sell neves we will need to sell Gibbs. .
Well its all about opinions and, for me Podence isnt as good as some make out; ok but not as good as some make out, and is injury prone.
On top of that ideally we need two quality people for each position for COMPETITION and cover. Therefore, assuming we are going to play 3 up front, we need MGW and Podence fighting for the inside right position with Neto and one other (Preferably not Hwang) fighting for the inside left position.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way this forum is becoming a parody of everything Sellars said- to genuinely guarantee making big steps would take ludicrous money for a couple of places in the table

Try to sign Palhinha and Nunes and they might be a step up from Neves and Moutinho or they might be a step down- there are arguments on both sides.

Morgan vs Podence again arguments on both sides.

Trincao vs Adama vs Guedes again arguments for each one depending on which side of the bed you woke up on.

We would need to spend £150 mill on three players for some fans to be happy and even then a few poor games and they will become the next Fabio Silva trotted out at every opportunity to beat the club up with.
Really?
I dont think thats the case - no one here is mentioning or expecting 3x50m players as far as i have seen. Indeed when we are linked to 30m players noone believes it.

In my view people are simply recognising established players have gone or are going and we need to replace them, but there has been little first team investment in the last four windows And thats the worry.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has rubbished Palhinha? He's a decent player but isn't as good as Neves.
As for Nunes, he's likely out of our league and will have UCL suitors.
Guedes would be a decent signing though.
I don't think Guedes is much more of a goal threat than what we've got if I'm honest. Good figures last year, but mainly playing more centrally. Nunes, yeah he's highly rated.

They would all be decent signings.
But to me it represents accepting the Mendes Third tier as the best we can get. Bottom half next year if so.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked how many people have MGW walking straight into their ideal team after a good championship season. Needs to prove himself at the top level, could find himself in and out of the team for a while if he doesn’t find his feet quickly
I must admit l thought that MGW has definitely earned a shot but in no way had jumped ahead of experienced PL players.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Ruben like everybody else, I don't care where he goes. If it's man yoo get as much cash as we can. Wolves legend.

I agree.

Also I don't really watch foreign football so it would be easier for me to follow his progress/stagnation/regression if he was UK based.

I always watch the likes of Diogo (to a lesser extent Cav and Costa) with a kind of romantic nostalgia whenever they're on TV.

If Man Utd are paying £10m extra and all upfront and it has no bearing on any other Barca players that we're actively pursuing (rather that the ones Barca are offloading) then so be it.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well its all about opinions and, for me Podence isnt as good as some make out; ok but not as good as some make out, and is injury prone.
On top of that ideally we need two quality people for each position for COMPETITION and cover. Therefore, assuming we are going to play 3 up front, we need MGW and Podence fighting for the inside right position with Neto and one other (Preferably not Hwang) fighting for the inside left position.
It's is about options yes ...but at this minute , Gibbs hasn't done nowt in a wolves shirt, granted he hasn't had the opportunity.....but good or bad podence has done it at a level above, created the most chances in our team last season....I never said , I didn't want Gibbs, just said we have some hard choices in front of us to improve our starting 11......

Said I would sacrifice Gibbs for Guedes , but I would also probably sacrifice podence for Guedes....we haven't got the funds for 2 good players in each position..... somewhere along the line if we don't get big money for Neves then we will have to get funds from somewhere.. nobody can argue that overall podence wasn't our best attacker last season....

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we really saying that unless Neves is sold then no one else will be purchased ? Really ?
It does seem that we are waiting for the first domino to fall. I’m now thinking that Donk , MGW and Traore will be sold and that’s the funds we have to use
Lots of names being thrown around I know but in reality , who’s going to come here ?
Lots of faffing as usual so no change there

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's is about options yes ...but at this minute , Gibbs hasn't done nowt in a wolves shirt, granted he hasn't had the opportunity.....but good or bad podence has done it at a level above, created the most chances in our team last season....I never said , I didn't want Gibbs, just said we have some hard choices in front of us to improve our starting 11......

Said I would sacrifice Gibbs for Guedes , but I would also probably sacrifice podence for Guedes....we haven't got the funds for 2 good players in each position..... somewhere along the line if we don't get big money for Neves then we will have to get funds from somewhere.. nobody can argue that overall podence wasn't our best attacker last season....
I completely disagree with most of that - pod probably was our best attacker last season, but that’s the lowest of low bars. He had 2 goals and 3 assists, which is similar to the season before with 3 goals and 2 assists. He’s never had an outstanding return at any club.

Conversely, Gibbs White scored 12 and got 10 assists in the league below, which at the very worst should translate to the same numbers as pod, and at best could significantly improve on them. Add in that MGW is four years younger, we’d be crazy to sell him ahead of pod.

Personally, I’d let Pod leave (and Hwang) and give opportunities to players who at least have signs they can help get us goals and assists - Neto, MGW, Chiquinho, maybe Guedes, rather than those with a consistently poor output.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we really saying that unless Neves is sold then no one else will be purchased ? Really ?
It does seem that we are waiting for the first domino to fall. I’m now thinking that Donk , MGW and Traore will be sold and that’s the funds we have to use
Lots of names being thrown around I know but in reality , who’s going to come here ?
Lots of faffing as usual so no change there
I dont think anyone has said that we wont buy players unless Neves goes
Its probably more likely we we will buy, but at a lower level, unless we bring cash in for Traore,Donk, Neves
No great surprise really,we know we are a sell to buy club,but not exclusively

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem that we are waiting for the first domino to fall.
We are. There are 35 clubs in the major European Leagues (6 FR, 7 ENG, ITA, ESP, 8 DEU) which can offer European football in one form or another. The top quality, established players will want that exposure. Once they've decided where they are going we join the scramble for 'the best of the rest'.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely disagree with most of that - pod probably was our best attacker last season, but that’s the lowest of low bars. He had 2 goals and 3 assists, which is similar to the season before with 3 goals and 2 assists. He’s never had an outstanding return at any club.

Conversely, Gibbs White scored 12 and got 10 assists in the league below, which at the very worst should translate to the same numbers as pod, and at best could significantly improve on them. Add in that MGW is four years younger, we’d be crazy to sell him ahead of pod.

Personally, I’d let Pod leave (and Hwang) and give opportunities to players who at least have signs they can help get us goals and assists - Neto, MGW, Chiquinho, maybe Guedes, rather than those with a consistently poor output.
I'm happy to give MGW a chance but there are shedloads of players who ripped the Chump a new one and flopped in the PL: SEB and Mitrovic for two.

I see very little chance of Hwang being sold. My main issues with Pod, and they are all related l'm sure, are his being knocked around (i.e. lack of physical presence) and injury-proneness. Despite that he seems to be our main source of inspiration.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo is not part of the Wolves Board and not a decision maker regarding signings. The Fosun Board will approve the Fosun Sports Groups total budget and strategy but not individual player purchases.
I think its more than just a budget that Guo and Mendes are involved in. That gives far to much autonomy to the Wolves Board .IMO
I believe the big decisions, Patricio, Neves, Moutinho along with others when the project started, would all have been discussed and agreed in principle by Guo and Mendes, with Shi being involved but as a junior partner role.
And significant purchase decisions are as a direct conversations between Guo and Mendes. So the relative quiet windows will have been as a result of a decision to have a quiet window by these two men.
If that changes and we splurge the cash with Palhinha and Nunes coming , that again will be instigated by Guo and Mendes . Not just the budget but the type of players named .
Whereas players like Kilman Neto Hwang Podence Alt- Nouri , Mosquera ,Hoever (not so significant) would all have been passed across their desks for rubber stamping or veto.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not really fussed on stats from the championship....Gibbs was 5th on chances created in the championship, Ryan Giles was 4th.....Harry Wilson got loads more than Gibbs....would I want to sign him No.......just saying we need first 11 players badly, that's all..

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do they retain so many twitter followers?

Because they post loads of stories that already exist, that fans want to happen. He then gets loads of likes and retweets, then followers.

He's just a troll, knows nothing at all.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm happy to give MGW a chance but there are shedloads of players who ripped the Chump a new one and flopped in the PL: SEB and Mitrovic for two.

I see very little chance of Hwang being sold. My main issues with Pod, and they are all related l'm sure, are his being knocked around (i.e. lack of physical presence) and injury-proneness. Despite that he seems to be our main source of inspiration.

I feel the need to defend SEB here. He played well and scored sone crackers in the prem (that Newcastle goal was magic) he just didn’t get enough opportunity because we had Doyle and Fletch and SEB worked best in a 2.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its more than just a budget that Guo and Mendes are involved in. That gives far to much autonomy to the Wolves Board .IMO
I believe the big decisions, Patricio, Neves, Moutinho along with others when the project started, would all have been discussed and agreed in principle by Guo and Mendes, with Shi being involved but as a junior partner role.
And significant purchase decisions are as a direct conversations between Guo and Mendes. So the relative quiet windows will have been as a result of a decision to have a quiet window by these two men.
If that changes and we splurge the cash with Palhinha and Nunes coming , that again will be instigated by Guo and Mendes . Not just the budget but the type of players named .
Whereas players like Kilman Neto Hwang Podence Alt- Nouri , Mosquera ,Hoever (not so significant) would all have been passed across their desks for rubber stamping or veto.
Since this would not be normal commercial / corporate practice what evidence do you have for such an assertion? In the absence of any actual inside knowledge I would have thought we must assume Fosun has a hierarchy of decision making the same as other companies of the same size?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel the need to defend SEB here. He played well and scored sone crackers in the prem (that Newcastle goal was magic) he just didn’t get enough opportunity because we had Doyle and Fletch and SEB worked best in a 2.
Fair comment.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not bothered where he goes, he owes us nothing. If he can go to United for a decent fee for reinvestment into the squad then that's an added bonus.
He's never hidden his love for our club, city and fans and has been an absolute pleasure to watch.
I feel honoured and proud to have witnessed his growth in old gold and if he goes it has been well earned.
One of the few players that I'll clap for whenever at the molineux regardless of the shirt he's wearing.
I'll be clapping the man, not the player.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I'm not bothered where he goes, he owes us nothing. If he can go to United for a decent fee for reinvestment into the squad then that's an added bonus.
He's never hidden his love for our club, city and fans and has been an absolute pleasure to watch.
I feel honoured and proud to have witnessed his growth in old gold and if he goes it has been well earned.
One of the few players that I'll clap for whenever at the molineux regardless of the shirt he's wearing.
I'll be clapping the man, not the player.
This is the exact reason I don’t think it will be a surprise if he is here at the close of the window.

What price tag have we publicly slapped on him? 70mil is it? If it’s not met then I don’t think he will be sold.

We could negotiate a new contract with a higher salary and a fair buy-out clause and I think he signs because he honestly does love the club and fans. He wouldn’t want to leave Wolves in the lurch i.e run down his contract to leave for nothing.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While i think Podence is a good player, i think we could very easily do without him. He gets injured a fair bit, and i personally cannot stand his diving and his theatrics.
I think he's OK but looks better than the rest of our impotent attackers. So people think he's better than he is

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For another team, in another league with another manager. He hasn’t proven anything for wolves yet. He has the ability but it’s not a given.
i agree. he flattered to deceive with us. like bambi on ice. but, he may have finally matured into a decent player. but doing it in the championship is one thing, the prem is harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom