Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just when the season ticket holders have renewed this **** is leaked. Typical these penny pinchers need to go !!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the talk is the club want to bring in a third striker alongside Raul and Silva.
So what do they consider Hwang to be ?Sensible answers only please :)

A backup utility forward?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think, and it wa a mentioned by someone here, that we have about £30m net spend so £20m (€25m) on Palhinha is a big chunk if we don’t sell anyone else.

As a net spend figure it’s ok and on a par or better than many bet the last couple of years. The problem appears to be that we can’t sell players to boost the figure. Whether that’s down to the fact we play a system that many don’t and therefore puts doubt in the mind of the buyer I don’t know.
Im sure we could sell neves, just cant see use getting 70m euros. We could sell him tomorrow for 30 to 40m - not that we want that.

There is load of money in the market, look at madrid 100m for the french midfielder from Monaco.

Neves, Phillips, Rice players which could all command big fees.

But unless the big 6 want him (united have him has option b) hard to see where the big fee comes from

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports no deals till Ruben is sold

Fosun are a a disgrace

Keeping the tv money and the jota, rui, mir money and having to sell more now to buy something
You do realise that the club doesnt run on fresh air dont you?
We all know we are a sell to buy club,no big secret there
Reports are just that, reports not statements,ie guess work
The transfer window isnt even open ,no one has bought anyone yet,just getting things in place
If there are deals to be done im sure we will do them if it suits all parties
Lets wait till the window is shut before we call them a disgrace eh

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise that the club doesnt run on fresh air dont you?
We all know we are a sell to buy club,no big secret there
Reports are just that, reports not statements,ie guess work
The transfer window isnt even open yet,no one has bought anyone yet,just getting things in place
If there are deals to be done im sure we will do them if it suits all parties
Lets wait till the window is shut before we call them a disgrace eh
Sure we never had it as good ……. Yawn!!! If you accept mediocre at best past 4 years then I suggest you renew your season ticket down the hawthorns. We make 200 mil on tv rights yet fosun take most of it. Take off your 4 seasons ago glasses !!!

We have to replace 4 players already ruddy etc in an already depleted squad outside of the upgrade the team that should of happened years ago

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kessie going to Barca will take up a huge chunk of the wages they’re allowed to spend, won’t it?

What does that mean for Neves?
Kessie, De Jong, Pedri, Gavi, Busquets, Nico Gonzalez. Why spend to try and improve that area? I can see it being a thing when Busquets is done for.

Reactions: Ned

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sure we never had it as good ……. Yawn!!! If you accept mediocre at best past 4 years then I suggest you renew your season ticket down the hawthorns. We make 200 mil on tv rights yet fosun take most of it. Take off your 4 seasons ago glasses !!!
In fairness the TV money is the main revenue stream for the club .It is that money that pays the wages and allows every facet of the club to function .Season tickets,corporate and merchandise are a drop in the ocean in comparison .

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure we could sell neves, just cant see use getting 70m euros. We could sell him tomorrow for 30 to 40m - not that we want that.

There is load of money in the market, look at madrid 100m for the french midfielder from Monaco.

But unless the big 6 want him (united have him has option b) hard to see where the big fee comes from
Phillips getting another injury could remove him from the transfer merry-go-round

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have to replace 4 players already ruddy etc in an already depleted squad outside of the upgrade the team that should of happened years ago
Lol as opposed to the massive success we have had over the past 40 years,yeah

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You never really know with Wolves tbf. Yeah previous transfer windows have been underwhelming, but we also do have a tendency to pull signings seemingly out of the blue from time to time, and I doubt the E&S really that clued up as to what's going on other than reporting what they're told? Instinctively I read and think 'bloody hell pull your fingers out and get a move on', but I dare say plenty is happening behind the scenes and some patience is required for now. Not sure we really have all that much of a choice but to get moving before long?
From E&S point of view, would be pretty stupid to write we aren’t close to signing anyone if they’ve not got definite information on it. Making that statement if it’s true doesn’t give them any kudos or sense of getting an exclusive but if they get it wrong they’ll just look completely ridiculous.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Clubs like Madrid always spend a lot but don’t look at our players, they also seem to be immune from FFP because they are in a fairly dubious position financially. We will only get the money we want if we sell to the big 6 and as you say he is Man Us plan b.

Neves is a very particular midfielder, he will always be that quarterback defensive midfielder type and not everyone wants that in their team. He is never going to be a box to box midfielder and because of our style of play his wider assets are sometimes hidden. Therefore getting top dollar maybe difficult. He also absolutely hasn’t nailed down his place with the Portuguese 1st team. If he’d done that we may get more, therefore it might be a gamble but keeping him during the World Cup year might pay off, particularly if Portugal do well and Neves nails down a starting place he may be worth more in January or next summer. So whilst we may need to sell to buy we don’t necessarily have to do it in that order, we could buy now and sell later.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if Neves does stay which is unlikely our whole transfer plan will collapse because he HAS to be sold before we can buy. Our esteemed leader has told us there's no money other than self generated money and we have nobody else worth anything to trade with as Traore is back and nobody wants him. Personally anything that Fosun say via Shi can be taken with a pinch of salt, don't believe a word coming out of that blokes mouth.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it could be they havent got a clue but in the article on MGW in Express and Star today it is mentioned we arent close to any signings as it currently stands.

Well it says “not thought to be close”, which is a little different.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be seriously looking to move to 4-4-2 and have him down as the 4th striker.

I think this might be the plan. Hwang is a second striker, he's not a winger.

A new target man if Raul is sold, with Silva as competition, and Gibbs-White and Hwang competing for that second striker role.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From E&S point of view, would be pretty stupid to write we aren’t close to signing anyone if they’ve not got definite information on it. Making that statement if it’s true doesn’t give them any kudos or sense of getting an exclusive but if they get it wrong they’ll just look completely ridiculous.
If you read the article it actually says Wolves are not thought to be close to any signings yet
That could mean anything,Friday is not close to Wednesday and thats when the window opens lol

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A new target man if Raul is sold,
with Silva as competition, and Gibbs-White and Hwang competing for that second striker role.
Who would buy Jimenez ? his worth has plummeted since his injury he ain't worth much now in my opinion.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if Neves does stay which is unlikely our whole transfer plan will collapse because he HAS to be sold before we can buy. Our esteemed leader has told us there's no money other than self generated money and we have nobody else worth anything to trade with as Traore is back and nobody wants him. Personally anything that Fosun say via Shi can be taken with a pinch of salt, don't believe a word coming out of that blokes mouth.
Well for once i agree with Spiers,if theres deals to be done we will do them irrespective of sales
They may not be stellar deals but £20-£30 million is probably available

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A new target man if Raul is sold, with Silva as competition, and Gibbs-White and Hwang competing for that second striker role.

We dont really play with traditional wingers. I think Hwang as a wide attacking player is fine ( if he gets some form ).

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well for once i agree with Spiers,if theres deals to be done we will do them irrespective of sales
They may not be stellar deals but £20-£30 million is probably available
I don't think one penny is available if it doesn't come from sales those days are gone, we might buy a player first but that will eventually be paid for by a player exit. There is no real money didn't you read the script ?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you read the article it actually says Wolves are not thought to be close to any signings yet
That could mean anything,Friday is not close to Wednesday and thats when the window opens lol
Ah right - plus the word ‘thought’ which means it’s complete conjecture anyway and they never say whose thought it is!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont really play with traditional wingers. I think Hwang as a wide attacking player is fine ( if he gets some form ).

Yeah, he's fine there. But we need better than fine.

I don't have an issue with him in the squad as a hard-working utility forward, that can cover any position across the front line.

The problem is, his time here so far has been patchy, so he's not the sort of player you want starting every game. He needs to be brought in when he's in form.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think one penny is available if it doesn't come from sales those days are gone, we might buy a player first but that will eventually be paid for by a player exit. There is no real money didn't you read the script ?
Depends what script you mean
We have made profits and therefore money is there
I totally understand we are a sell to buy club,but that doesnt mean every signing has to be covered by a sale either,just any big signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom