Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We were linked with this player before, Alberto Moleiro from Las Palmas.

The League is over and the summer snake begins. Alberto Moleiro is one of the names that will inevitably be on the market. And to Wolverhampton's well-known interest - since 2021 publications have been produced on the subject - the name of Leeds United and Manchester City emerges.

They are thick names for a footballer who has just closed his first season in the Professional League still at young age. 38 games, 24 as a starter, 2059 minutes, 3 goals and an assist are the elementary data of a player in the current market estimated at 3 million euros (Transfermarkt rate).

Marca also added that FC Barcelona and Villarreal are two of the teams that follow the new value of UD Las Palmas who, however, has commented that "if nothing strange happens" will stay in the Gran Canaria club expanding its training coverage next season.

Summer is long and the Tenerife footballer is an emerging piece whose name will be back and forth.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are rumblings that he's up for sale with Blades and Sunderland interested.
It’ll be interesting to see what we do this season as I believe we are limited to the number of loans we can make, 8 I think. So I’d expect some players to be sold with buy back clauses or sell on clauses who in previous years we might have left out on loan.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see what we do this season as I believe we are limited to the number of loans we can make, 8 I think. So I’d expect some players to be sold with buy back clauses or sell on clauses who in previous years we might have left out on loan.
Only 8 that are over 21 and not home grown

Under 21 or home grown don’t count towards the 8

Last season I think we had 7 who would count towards the 8

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kessie going to Barca will take up a huge chunk of the wages they’re allowed to spend, won’t it?

What does that mean for Neves?
Neves only gos barca if they sell de jong.

Dembele likely to leave so thats wages off, they wont have agueros wages either,

Reactions: Ned

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kessie going to Barca will take up a huge chunk of the wages they’re allowed to spend, won’t it?

What does that mean for Neves?
With Percy saying we want 70m for Neves despite him confirming he's likely to move on. It's hard to imagine who's going to throw that kind of money at us.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
With Percy saying we want 70m for Neves despite him confirming he's likely to move on. It's hard to imagine who's going to throw that kind of money at us.
In the back of my mind there's a growing thought that Neves won't leave this summer. I'm not as wholly comfortable about this as I'd have thought though. I know Ruben will always give his all for us but there's a risk that he won't sign the new contract and next year he'll be sold for a lot less than the £70m we want.

I do think it's in everyone's interest that he moves this summer despite him being the best midfielder in a Wolves shirt in over a generation.

If on the other hand Fosun still invested in midfield and he signed an extended contract I'd be in dreamland.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it could be they havent got a clue but in the article on MGW in Express and Star today it is mentioned we arent close to any signings as it currently stands.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the back of my mind there's a growing thought that Neves won't leave this summer. I'm not as wholly comfortable about this as I'd have thought though. I know Ruben will always give his all for us but there's a risk that he won't sign the new contract and next year he'll be sold for a lot less than the £70m we want.

I do think it's in everyone's interest that he moves this summer despite him being the best midfielder in a Wolves shirt in over a generation.

If on the other hand Fosun still invested in midfield and he signed an extended contract I'd be in dreamland.
I guess there is always a chance he stays but it does seem remote. I would hope that if he has no takers this summer that they are able to extend the contract to maximise sale value for the coming windows. What we must not do though is go into next year with a midfield of neves moutinho and donk. The last 2 years is evidence enough that there are not enough legs and pace with that combination.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it could be they havent got a clue but in the article on MGW in Express and Star today it is mentioned we arent close to any signings as it currently stands.

Matt Maher is currently the E and S Wolves reporter while Liam Keen is on holiday.

Maher is a Tesco’s fan and their usual reporter.

I’d wait until Liam returns for more positive transfer news (hopefully) JOS.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Give him 150k a week and a buy out clause of £60M that kicks in next summer in exchange for extending his contract.
(It’s usually me pointing out things aren’t this simple!)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You never really know with Wolves tbf. Yeah previous transfer windows have been underwhelming, but we also do have a tendency to pull signings seemingly out of the blue from time to time, and I doubt the E&S really that clued up as to what's going on other than reporting what they're told? Instinctively I read and think 'bloody hell pull your fingers out and get a move on', but I dare say plenty is happening behind the scenes and some patience is required for now. Not sure we really have all that much of a choice but to get moving before long?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The express and star stand in journalists are reaching and don't have good contacts at the club. They will regurgitate information from askwolves until liam keen is back.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ive read the same elsewhere. Also a worry that it was reported in an article in Journal de Notícias regarding the Palhinha transfer, that we'd have to sell Neves, before being able to afford him.
We'll have to see whether thats true or not, but it does like last summer much of our recruitment strategy hinged on whether Neves was sold or not, and it could be that not much has changed this summer.
Hugely worrying of course. Its not like we're broke, and we've been reinsured countless times, that there is money for the "right" signings. Also, what happens if Neves arent sold until late in the window?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know what you mean. If we don’t sell then budget becomes considerably smaller.

With the World Cup in November he may want to stay where he is to guarantee his place as there is always the risk that he moves and doesn’t settle or play his best and loses his place.

As a thought I wonder whether we could off-load Dendonker to say Italy buy Palhinha and loan Nico from Barcelona with the promise that if we like him Barca have first dibs on Neves next year. Just a thought.

Alternatively we could sell Traore and Donk to Everton, that would probably generate £50m due to Everton’s excellence at negotiating prices and still do the above purchases.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah - the E & S have just given up on Wolves reporting until Liam Keen is back.

Disappointing indeed. I understand there are such things as budgetary constraints, but it comes across as very shoddy from a Wolves focussed paper.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive read the same elsewhere. Also a worry that it was reported in an article in Journal de Notícias regarding the Palhinha transfer, that we'd have to sell Neves, before being able to afford him.
We'll have to see whether thats true or not, but it does like last summer much of our recruitment strategy hinged on whether Neves was sold or not, and it could be that not much has changed this summer.
Hugely worrying of course. Its not like we're broke, and we've been reinsured countless times, that there is money for the "right" signings. Also, what happens if Neves arent sold until late in the window?
Maybe they dont want both in the same team, if Neves stays (unlikely) we'll bring in a different type of midfielder?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats just bull**** if we cant even stump up the money for Palhinha before we sell Ruben. If thats true i've probably gone from being about the biggest supporter of what Fosun were doing here to now really being so concerned about their methods.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we not have 25m to buy palinha!, we cant be that broke!

We probably don't have to sell Neves first, but it's the preference.

There probably is money in the bank and there would be other ways of financing the deal short-term.

But the issue with doing that is any negotiating power goes out the window.

Man United would probably make the lowest possible offer for us to sell Neves, then just wait until deadline day for us to reluctantly accept it.

I think selling first strengthens our hand.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports no deals till Ruben is sold

Fosun are a a disgrace

Keeping the tv money and the jota, rui, mir money and having to sell more now to buy something
How are we replacing Saiss, Ruddy and Marcal I ask myself.

Bruno says he wants to replace any player who is leaving + he wants more players as well. I totally understand that, considering we have a paper thin squad and will be able to use 5 substitutes from next season. Trouble is, what Bruno says (just like Nuno) and what Bruno gets are likely to be 2 different things.

If that doesn’t happen there will be a bit of unrest amongst us fans to say the least!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully we can move Donk on fairly quickly, though the rumours have gone quiet since the season ended.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we not have 25m to buy palinha!, we cant be that broke!
I think, and it wa a mentioned by someone here, that we have about £30m net spend so £20m (€25m) on Palhinha is a big chunk if we don’t sell anyone else.

As a net spend figure it’s ok and on a par or better than many bet the last couple of years. The problem appears to be that we can’t sell players to boost the figure. Whether that’s down to the fact we play a system that many don’t and therefore puts doubt in the mind of the buyer I don’t know.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxeyesque when Fletcher and Jarvis left right at the end of the window and we had little time to do anything positive the other way
Didn't we spunk basically all of that money on Sako and trash in that window?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
All the talk is the club want to bring in a third striker alongside Raul and Silva.
So what do they consider Hwang to be ?Sensible answers only please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom