Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non Profit Community Football Club

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
As football fans ( have we been brainwashed into forgetting what is important? )

" No issue being self sustainable "
" We need to balance the books"
" We need to build the brand to compete"
" We need the right kind of player "
" I can understand ticket price rise as we need to compete"
etc

When I watch Wolves 3 things matter to me. Win. Lose or Draw. Those 3 things dictate your league position.

End of.

From there league position will be dictated.

The way Fosun are operating at the moment really concerns me.

They are investing very little money. Using income only to run the club. Whilst creaming profit off for themselves.

It is a win win for them.

They only paid 30m for the club. Have saleable assets and parachute payments if it goes wrong. They can't lose. Sell players take money and sell club.

They are more interested in global fans then born and bred tribal Wolves fans who truly support the club.

If the team finishes higher up the league players, staff and management get bonuses ( all of football ) Wolves fans get ticket price increases. If we are "one pack" why aren't supporters on a similar scheme to drive the club forward.

If there is no or little investment coming what is the point of Fosun?

We might as well be a community Non Profit football club and run the club on 100% of profits.

Not Profits minus Fosun Profit. ( without any investment )

Yes they placed a bet during that championship season but again a lot were loans via Mendes and players with reputation and resale value. Not saying Fosun aren't smart - they are very smart.

Just saying what is a Wolves fan to you?

Winning matches or building a brand and being sustainable via a company creaming profit at little risk.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Okay so I don’t understand why this is tricky to comprehend … to answer your question:

1. They got us here
2. They intend to keep us here*

*Asset will devalue if it is allowed to wither on the vine. So they have no interest in asset being devalued and will do what it takes to keep us competitive BUT sustainable. Matt Wild even talks about new investment or lending from Fosun if necessary, but club wants to stand-alone

We might as well be a community Non Profit football club and run the club on 100% of profits.

Well not really since we wouldn’t have the skills to maintain the above process. And I presume you know someone prepared to invest in our club who can create enough profit to run a title chasing premier league club?

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Okay so I don’t understand why this is tricky to comprehend … to answer your question:

1. They got us here

*Asset will devalue if it is allowed to wither on the vine. So they have no interest in asset being devalued and will do what it takes to keep us competitive BUT sustainable. Matt Wild even talks about new investment or lending from Fosun if necessary, but club wants to stand-alone

Well not really since we wouldn’t have the skills to maintain the above process. And I presume you know someone prepared to invest in our club who can create enough profit to run a title chasing premier league club?

Keep us where? Are you happy with PL top 10 and very little done for fans apart from rising ticket prices?

Bruno Lage wanted at least 4 last August and anothe 2 in Jan.

He got practically nothing and our season ticket prices have gone up.

Wolves aren't about winning things now - its about a brand and making profit.

For me thats not football.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score

1. They got us here

Also, with Wolves income a Non Profit run club would easily get loans from external lenders with the income generated from PL clubs.

Why are FOSUN needed if no investment? What are they doing for the fans - true fans from Wolverhampton?

If they could get 30,000 global fans to pay £2000 for a season ticket they would go with them.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, with Wolves income a Non Profit run club would easily get loans from external lenders with the income generated from PL clubs.

Why are FOSUN needed if no investment? What are they doing for the fans - true fans from Wolverhampton?

If they could get 30,000 global fans to pay £2000 for a season ticket they would go with them.

Sounds fantastic. So go and make it happen?

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

We"ll be lucky to see top half with this squad. Even you can see that surely.
Neves will be a massive loss
We can"t stop a goal or score a goal
We"ve lost 7 out of the last 9 games (that alone is worrying )

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We"ll be lucky to see top half with this squad. Even you can see that surely.
Neves will be a massive loss
We can"t stop a goal or score a goal
We"ve lost 7 out of the last 9 games (that alone is worrying )

I was responding to his statement

Now you’ve moved it forward….. but again being hypothetical ie ‘we’ll be lucky’

Honest answer - you might be right. But we don’t know until transfers are done

I agree form was poor and needs to be put right. But I don’t agree it’ll just carry on, until there’s significant evidence that this is definitely happening

Calibre of players we are looking at it is good and I’m hopeful we’ll still be competitive and amongst ‘best of the rest’.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we've had an owner who invested lots of his own money, did great things for the club and certainly put success and winning things at the top of his list of things for the team, but in terms of league position and success at the top level he got nowhere near where Fosun have in the time they have been here. Fosun have continually stated they are looking at long term stability and success for the the club. Long term financial stability and growth is key to being able to be successful on the pitch in todays game. What they have said is that at the moment they can't and aren't going to compete head to head in terms of spending with the top 6, which many seem to take to mean no investment. My view is that they will invest enough to keep us in a competitive position in the Prem whilst growing the overall revenue of the club which in the long term is the only way we will be able to compete with the top 6. My concerns if any are not the strategy or the amount of investment available, but if they will be able to make the best use of that in terms of buying/selling players, i.e. success failure will be down to how well managers/scouts and recruiting teams do their jobs rather than the strategy fosun have in terms of pumping in more money or not

Last edited:

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
I was responding to his statement

Now you’ve moved it forward….. but again being hypothetical ie ‘we’ll be lucky’

Honest answer - you might be right. But we don’t know until transfers are done

I agree form was poor and needs to be put right. But I don’t agree it’ll just carry on, until there’s significant evidence that this is definitely happening

Calibre of players we are looking at it is good and I’m hopeful we’ll still be competitive and amongst ‘best of the rest’.

And this is the brainwashing that has gone on

Fans happy to be best of the rest.

Breeds epathy and accepting 2nd best.

Fans pay more to watch this whilst players, management and owners make big money.

Football is about winning things.

End of.

Football is tribal. Always has been. It is now becoming entertainment.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
we've had an owner who invested lots of his own money, did great things for the club and certainly put success and winning things at the top of his list of things for the team, but in terms of league position and success at the top level he got nowhere near where Fosun have in the time they have been here. Fosun have continually stated they are looking at long term stability and success for the the club. Long term financial stability and growth is key to being able to se successful on the pitch in todays game. What they have said is that at the moment they can't and aren't going to compete head to head in terms of spending with the top 6, which many seem to take to mean no investment. My view is that they will invest enough to keep us in a competitive position in the Prem whilst growing the overall revenue of the club which in the long term is the only way we will be able to compete with the top 6. My concerns if any are not the strategy or the amount of investment available, but if they will be able to make the best use of that in terms of buying/selling players, i.e. success failure will be down to how well managers/scouts and recruiting teams do their jobs rather than the strategy fosun have in terms of pumping in more money or not

Thise words again. Stability and long term.

How about they INVEST some money now and not just rise season ticket prices.

I hope i'm wrong but this model is all about maximising profit not winning things with Wolves.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

I hope i'm wrong but this model is all about maximising profit not winning things with Wolves.

They own the club unfortunately & this is how they want to operate. Will they even listen to legacy fans/are they even interested in our views??
Perhaps we should form a legacy fans movement?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hope i'm wrong but this model is all about maximizing profit not winning things with Wolves.
OK, so lets go for short term boom and bust, spend all the money this season try and win the Prem, if we do great if not then maybe we are then in serious trouble and looking at relegation in the next few seasons.

Yes investing and pending more now would increase chances of success short term, but it's also more of a gamble that if it doesn't pay off puts us in a worse position. Those are the 2 extremes, both can bring success or failure, one is higher risk than the other

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We've won nothing of note in 50 years, no owners have done as much as Fosun, even the worshipped Sir Jack left Dave Jones high and dry I wonder what happened with the prem money then?

Are fosun exempt from criticism absolutely not, some of the things the ownership of this club has done deserve criticising.

No team has consistently won anything since the big 6 became established fleeting successes yes but only an occasional top 6 finish, a cup run or win is the best the other 14 can hope for, a sad case yes but I don't see it changing for a long time and teams like Everton, Villa, West Ham etc have spent billions collectively to be no closer or in fact further away than what we are.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score

Fans pay more to watch this whilst players, management and owners make big money.

End of.

This is a great ‘oxymoron’ of a post (one of my favourite words which I don’t think I have ever been able to utilise so thank you….well actually cunnylingus is my favourite word but that would take it way out of context).

I don’t see how football can be both about ‘winning things’ and being ‘tribal’.

I have many mates down the pub who see football as ‘winning things’….none of these people support Wolves, that all support ManUre, Liverpool etc….very few of them attend matches and their ‘experience’ of football is very limited!

I see football as far more tribal in your example Wolves is the focus of my experience but my match day 90 minutes follows my tribal pint in same pub for 30 years, same tribal chips, same tribal walk to ground, same tribal seat, same tribal war paint (well Wolves top) and same tribal conversations with people I see at every home game for 30 plus years. I have cuddled many of this tribe in times of elation, yet still do not know their name.

The winning is fantastic but not the be all and end all! When we win I float for a while, when we draw or lose I brush myself down, look at the fixtures and get ready for my next tribal experience.

Would I take top 10 in premier league for my tribe? Absobloodylootly!

If it was all about the winning I would be purchasing a Liverpool or Man City top and talking *******s in the pub!

Instead I can talk *******s on here!

C’mon me babbies!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. You go and start a non-profit, then secure approx half a billion in funding.
That’s what you’ll need to buy the club, and pump in £100m investment in the first team.

Or indeed, get your time machine, go back to the sale process, and ring Steve Morgan with £200m in your non-profit account.

Make sure you also have enough executive experience to run such a large venture, a plan to finance that considerable wedge you’ve borrowed….especially when you intend to lower ticket prices.

Yes, you’re allowed to grumble about stagnation, and rising ticket prices. But you also need to live in the real world, and get some perspective about how ‘bad’ it really is. And not talk such utter tosh.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep us where? Are you happy with PL top 10 and very little done for fans apart from rising ticket prices?

Bruno Lage wanted at least 4 last August and anothe 2 in Jan.

He got practically nothing and our season ticket prices have gone up.

Wolves aren't about winning things now - its about a brand and making profit.

For me thats not football.
When did Wolves last win anything?
When were we last in the top half of the elite division?
You say they are creaming all the profits,like where? They wrote off close to 150million in loans they made to the club,they actually stumped up the cash to build this team in the first place lol

Ok they are not perfect,they make mistakes like every other club in the land do,but i really dont see the version of how you see this club at all
Ofc we all want to see us win every game,thats the be all and end all in every football fans mantra,but that doesnt mean you blinker yourself to some kind of crusade to destroy the very thing that got us here to start with

There may well be better options for us out there somewhere,but im absolutely certain there are far worse than where we are now

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The essence of any sport is competition, but that effectively disappeared from top-end football a long time ago, and it's not Wolves' fault or Fosun's fault. It's hardly ever been a level playing field - there have always been better, richer, more powerful clubs - but the gap has never been wider. Because of money, the chasm between the top 4/6 and the rest is bigger than that between a club like us and the Championship, it's that crazy.

Even if Fosun wanted to splurge £500m on transfers and wages to try and bridge the canyon, they're not allowed. So, in a way, we're exactly in the same place where we've spent much of the last 30 years, in a "Second Division", trying to finish as high as possible. Desperately unsatisfying, but that's just how it is. That said, if the club become complacent and don't spend and recruit adequately to maintain an achievable spot in our cluster of 14 clubs below the top six, that's when criticism will be due, and it's certainly not too much to have an expectation of competing with Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, etc.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

End of.

Brainwashing? Have a word! We’ve come a long way in a short time and fingers crossed look set to stay

Not brainwashed, just got some perspective

Also respect those who want us to keep driving on

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Winning matches or building a brand and being sustainable via a company creaming profit at little risk.
Sorry if I'm missing something here but are you suggesting that 'winning matches' and 'building a brand' are mutually exclusive?
Or is it that 'winning matches' and 'being sustainable' are mutually exclusive?
Or is it that 'winning matches' and 'building a brand whilst being sustainable' are mutually exclusive?
If you are, I don't get it. I'm not trying to pick a fight - It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As football fans ( have we been brainwashed into forgetting what is important? )

" No issue being self sustainable "
" We need to balance the books"
" We need to build the brand to compete"
" We need the right kind of player "
" I can understand ticket price rise as we need to compete"
etc

When I watch Wolves 3 things matter to me. Win. Lose or Draw. Those 3 things dictate your league position.

End of.

From there league position will be dictated.

The way Fosun are operating at the moment really concerns me.

They are investing very little money. Using income only to run the club. Whilst creaming profit off for themselves.

It is a win win for them.

They only paid 30m for the club. Have saleable assets and parachute payments if it goes wrong. They can't lose. Sell players take money and sell club.

They are more interested in global fans then born and bred tribal Wolves fans who truly support the club.

If the team finishes higher up the league players, staff and management get bonuses ( all of football ) Wolves fans get ticket price increases. If we are "one pack" why aren't supporters on a similar scheme to drive the club forward.

Not Profits minus Fosun Profit. ( without any investment )

Yes they placed a bet during that championship season but again a lot were loans via Mendes and players with reputation and resale value. Not saying Fosun aren't smart - they are very smart.

How many more threads do I have to read about ‘Ooh, Fosun bad!’
It’s so ****ing boring.
Anyone reading this forum would imagine we’ve just been relegated.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s so ****ing boring.

Thats down to little or no PR from Jeff & Vinny. As for boring, the only thing thats boring at the minute is our football. (Hence why people are concerned for next season after we lost 7 out of our last 9 games (scoring 9 & conceding 20). Add to that the fact that our team is being gutted & our most influential player is leaving - people are right to be concerned
Anyways - you can always ignore threads you dont like.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Thats down to little or no PR from Jeff & Vinny. As for boring, the only thing thats boring at the minute is our football. (Hence why people are concerned for next season after we lost 7 out of our last 9 games (scoring 9 & conceding 20). Add to that the fact that our team is being gutted & our most influential player is leaving - people are right to be concerned
Anyways - you can always ignore threads you dont like.
If he did the latter there wouldn't be many to read. Constant negativity and people twisting words around to suit themselves.
We are one week into pre season and we are already relegated next season, and Fosun are just here to take money out of the club.
It's repetitive and it wears people down.
Here's a thought. How about we just wait until we see who is here playing the first pre season game?

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Jeff hasn't exactly covered himself in glory:
Spending 35 mill on Fabio, offloading Jota for a cheap option for Liverpool (including Hoever), Hoever gets thrown under the bus by the manager as he's culpable for a couple of losses. Traore gets shipped off on loan for a small loan fee to a club who had no intention of buying him & buying a guy who couldn't hit a barn door for most of the season (still we'll sell some shirts). Buying players to loan them out to a club in Switzerland - when that money could have strengthened the 1st team & helped us finish higher in the league
We've wasted Rubens last season here by finishing 10th. We had enough openings to qualify for Europe. Thats why people are concerned. Nobody as I'm aware of, has actually said we'd get relegated next season, but the majority of fans are actually concerned.
What should have been done is a statement from the club saying that we'd fallen short of the standards that we've come to expect & that our recruitment during the close season would ensure that we can improve our position & bring in some quality to address the areas that need improving. Not discussing new fans, Esports, fashion or whatever.
You wouldn't expect an engineering company to suddenly start producing confectionary - our prime business in case Fosun have forgotten is FOOTBALL - in the toughest most unforgiving league in the world.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff hasn't exactly covered himself in glory:
Spending 35 mill on Fabio, offloading Jota for a cheap option for Liverpool (including Hoever), Hoever gets thrown under the bus by the manager as he's culpable for a couple of losses. Traore gets shipped off on loan for a small loan fee to a club who had no intention of buying him & buying a guy who couldn't hit a barn door for most of the season (still we'll sell some shirts). Buying players to loan them out to a club in Switzerland - when that money could have strengthened the 1st team & helped us finish higher in the league
We've wasted Rubens last season here by finishing 10th. We had enough openings to qualify for Europe. Thats why people are concerned. Nobody as I'm aware of, has actually said we'd get relegated next season, but the majority of fans are actually concerned.
What should have been done is a statement from the club saying that we'd fallen short of the standards that we've come to expect & that our recruitment during the close season would ensure that we can improve our position & bring in some quality to address the areas that need improving. Not discussing new fans, Esports, fashion or whatever.
You wouldn't expect an engineering company to suddenly start producing confectionary - our prime business in case Fosun have forgotten is FOOTBALL - in the toughest most unforgiving league in the world.
Yet despite all these insurmountable gigantic ‘failures’, we still finished 10th in the Premier League.
This happened after all the constant negativity of last end of/pre-season. Half of people this time last year said we’d be relegated this season. Well guess what ‘chicken Lickens’, the sky didn’t fall in and we’re not being gutted by Fosun.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Jaysus. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH PL TOP TEN. This site makes Wolves fans seem like a laughing stock.

I'm 42. I started supporting Wolves in the fourth division. They've finished in top ten of English football THREE TIMES since I started supporting them. All of them in the last four years. All of them under Fosun.

But now some of the fanbase are reacting as if we're Man United and suddenly settling for the top ten when we've grown up challenging for the champions League itself.

We are on an upward curve.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
You have to chuckle at threads like this.
No problem having a non profit community football club. In the Wolverhampton Sunday league....

And creaming off profits you say? So Fosun writing off £126m is creaming off profits?

Brainwashing? Have a word! We’ve come a long way in a short time and fingers crossed look set to stay

Not brainwashed, just got some perspective

Also respect those who want us to keep driving on

So your happy with Top 10, minimal investment and ever increasing seaston ticket prices.

At what point do you question season ticket prices?

I have been asked to pay £785 this year. You?

Name me all the signings and their value from the last 2 transfer windows.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s so ****ing boring.

I'm not sating Fosun are bad.

I'm asking about investment v what fans get for their money v expectation

We have been told we have to be self sufficient ( minimal investment ) yet our season ticket prices go up to watch something we can't win or don't want to win but Shi talks about Stock Markett, IPO and making sure financials are good for FOSUN

What is in it for the fan?

Football is to win things.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
If he did the latter there wouldn't be many to read. Constant negativity and people twisting words around to suit themselves.
We are one week into pre season and we are already relegated next season, and Fosun are just here to take money out of the club.
It's repetitive and it wears people down.
Here's a thought. How about we just wait until we see who is here playing the first pre season game?

Ok. My season ticket price has gone up to £785. What has yours gone up by?

Why has it gone up? What's the justifiction?

Name the last 2 transfer windows signings and their value.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Jaysus. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH PL TOP TEN. This site makes Wolves fans seem like a laughing stock.

I'm 42. I started supporting Wolves in the fourth division. They've finished in top ten of English football THREE TIMES since I started supporting them. All of them in the last four years. All of them under Fosun.

But now some of the fanbase are reacting as if we're Man United and suddenly settling for the top ten when we've grown up challenging for the champions League itself.

We are on an upward curve.

I now have to pay £785 for my season tixket.

How much do you pay for yours and what is the justification of a price rise?

Name all the players we have signed in the last 2 windows?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it was that simple why exactly has every non-profit run club which got into the EFL and wished to progress as opposed to stay where they were sold out?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what is basically lacking at the moment is the feel that we might win something bigger than the Chumpionship title and the Sherpa Van Trophy.
The profound understanding that Wolves wont win another Prem(Division One)title has been there for the last 50 plus years..but as fans of a "rather" big club we still wants the club to be able to win something bigger than those titles mentioned above.
We win another FA Cup..I´ll be over the rainbow I assure you all.
The degraded Milk Cup will send me in orbit..it did back in 1980.
Personally at least,what I lack at the moment is that feeling we are capable of winning anything.
I want that feeling back..but that means we don´t play the John Ruddys of the world in a semifinal of the FA Cup.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Have you been on the sauce?
Vote with your feet if you are not happy...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I now have to pay £785 for my season tixket.

How much do you pay for yours and what is the justification of a price rise?

Name all the players we have signed in the last 2 windows?
So the club doesn't have increased bills huh?

I'm increasingly thinking, with the same boring rubbish being posted repeatedly, that this whole thread is one big WUM event.

If you want cheaper tickets you know where the Whorethornes is....

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My last season ticket was during the Glenn Hoddle era, when finishing top ten was a distant and laughable dream. As it had been for all the previous years I’d been attending. I actually gave mine up because I couldn’t attend every game and felt the seat should go to someone who could.

Though until the current era I still spent over a thousand pounds a year attending a few Mol games a season by the time I factored in hotels and travel. That’s not away games, where travel is part of the expected costs for fans, thats home games. That put the cost of a season ticket into the thousands for me. Would love to have a season ticket again though, fancy giving yours up since you resent it so much so some of the rest of us can get one?

Last two transfer windows? So including our player of the season Jose Sa? Including a great young prospect that lit up the closing stages, Chiquinho?

And I refer you back to my point. Three top ten finishes in the last four years. Which is three more than at any time during my years following the club.

Are there valid criticisms? Sure. And plenty of people on this forum are making them. But to act as if Wolves finishing 10th in the premier league for the third time in DECADES is some great betrayal or surrender of ambition is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom