Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't really get all this.

Yes Adama is a good guy and he tried his best for us but at the end of the day he believed he was too good for us and so he left, it's his choice. Normally this kind of thing would result in everyone saying '**** you then, we only want players who want to play for us here' but this is largely being construed as a failure of the club to keep him here.

He really isn't that good.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really get all this.

Yes Adama is a good guy and he tried his best for us but at the end of the day he believed he was too good for us and so he left, it's his choice. Normally this kind of thing would result in everyone saying '**** you then, we only want players who want to play for us here' but this is largely being construed as a failure of the club to keep him here.

He really isn't that good.
Yet good enough for Barcelona and Spain.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don’t give an extension to someone who doesn’t want to be here.
Who knows he might come back focused on Wolves or wanting a move but not many clubs willing to offer us cash in any form even Tottenham just like Barcelona offered us some rubbish players we don’t want that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it gets us a better sale price, then I’d be fine. Sign a 2 year extension with a modest bump in his salary, and challenge him to show the form which had Klopp drooling. Sell for 50m and reinvest. Job done.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it gets us a better sale price, then I’d be fine. Sign a 2 year extension with a modest bump in his salary, and challenge him to show the form which had Klopp drooling. Sell for 50m and reinvest. Job done.
I think that was diversionary tactics. He was really drooling over Jota

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A two year extension is the difference between him costing £10m-£12m in the final year of his contract or £25m-£35m, so it's worth a lot of money to the club

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we'd inserted something into his loan agreement to go to Barca that if it doesn't work and they don't sign him, he extends his contract here to protect his value for us

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A two year extension is the difference between him costing £10m-£12m in the final year of his contract or £25m-£35m, so it's worth a lot of money to the club

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we'd inserted something into his loan agreement to go to Barca that if it doesn't work and they don't sign him, he extends his contract here to protect his value for us
”protect his value?”………..what value? Nobody wants him.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is Wolves we're talking about. Not sure is Shi and Sellers have the foresight to do such a thing. I'd be happy to be proved wrong if this is the case!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conte wants him at Spurs and he went to Barca, it's pretty clear clubs would like to have him and there would be plenty of takers

You know you're wrong, don't know why you have to repeatedly prove it
Are you saying thatConte wants him now? ……..or do you mean last season when Spurs offered £15m for him?
After his loan to Barca didn‘t work out, has he got any value left for a PL club?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you saying thatConte wants him now? ……..or do you mean last season when Spurs offered £15m for him?
After his loan to Barca didn‘t work out, has he got any value left for a PL club?
This is one of a number of similar articles.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no dramas with him coming back and signing a contract, but I hope he doesn't think he going to get the same one before he left.

fleck1

Reaction score
”protect his value?”………..what value? Nobody wants him.
You're wasting your breath with some on here. Barcelona have had a try before they buy and he's spent 3 months getting splinters in his ****, Spurs wanted the world beating super star who was available for £20m but had no interest in paying £15m tops. They will be back in for him with about £10m, can sign a contract as long as he wants that 2019 ship has sailed nobody is paying £35+m for him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot wait to have him back as we've missed the 0.08 assists and 0.05 goals per game he contributed...
People argued for months and months about Traore's impact.

Some, like you, constantly looked at the stats (fair enough), whereas others told you that his impact on the team was much more than the numbers and that he would be missed.

He leaves after playing a very important part as Wolves win four of their last five games before his move.

After he is given away to Barcelona, we are knocked out of the FA Cup by the worst time in the league and pick up 17 points from 17 games, which is significantly lower than the return we had when Traore was involved.

Yet you still have people criticising him!! It's incredible. We should be begging Fosun to get him tied down to a new deal and praying other clubs don't come in for him as his importance has been clear to see.

Some also think he somehow doesn't deserve the same terms as mentioned before as well. His importance to the team has been highlighted more than ever.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his history and now this second Barcelona rejection, perhaps he and his agent have a fairer idea of his worth and salary.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his history and now this second Barcelona rejection, perhaps he and his agent have a fairer idea of his worth and salary.
How has his stock at Wolves gone down?

As mentioned above, if I'm his agent I'm saying to Wolves you showed near relegation form when Traore wasn't involved and you picked up 34 points from 21 games when he was involved.

It's irrelevant how he's done at Barcelona. His importance to Wolves has been highlighted clearly with our results with and without him.

He would fully deserve a big contract here.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s some step down to be rejected by Barca (again), having rejected a contract here, and try en come back and play for us.

I don’t know him, so don’t know if he is a proud man, or whether he’d be willing to accept that knock to his pride and knuckle down to prove people wrong.

The easier option seems to be to go elsewhere. I’ve said it before, but I think he will start next season as Tottenham’s right wing-back.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s some step down to be rejected by Barca (again), having rejected a contract here, and try en come back and play for us.

I don’t know him, so don’t know if he is a proud man, or whether he’d be willing to accept that knock to his pride and knuckle down to prove people wrong.

The easier option seems to be to go elsewhere. I’ve said it before, but I think he will start next season as Tottenham’s right wing-back.
Can’t see it myself as he really doesn’t want to play wing-back.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How has his stock at Wolves gone down?

As mentioned above, if I'm his agent I'm saying to Wolves you showed near relegation form when Traore wasn't involved and you picked up 34 points from 21 games when he was involved.

It's irrelevant how he's done at Barcelona. His importance to Wolves has been highlighted clearly with our results with and without him.

He would fully deserve a big contract here.
I didn’t say his stock went down , I said fairer . Which is true . The more exposure he has the more he and others will get a clearer picture . I don’t know what he wanted In January. Wolves gave him a chance to prove himself to his boyhood club and to The Premier league in front of millions . People know his worth in Spain and England better.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see it myself as he really doesn’t want to play wing-back.

He’s got to be realistic though. His output probably isn’t good enough to play in the front 3 at a big club.

So he plays for a club like us, or Leeds, or another club not in Europe that shows an interest.

Or if Spurs still want him, he plays Champions League football wherever Conte wants him to play. Which is probably as a wing-back.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People argued for months and months about Traore's impact.

Some, like you, constantly looked at the stats (fair enough), whereas others told you that his impact on the team was much more than the numbers and that he would be missed.

He leaves after playing a very important part as Wolves win four of their last five games before his move.

After he is given away to Barcelona, we are knocked out of the FA Cup by the worst time in the league and pick up 17 points from 17 games, which is significantly lower than the return we had when Traore was involved.

Yet you still have people criticising him!! It's incredible. We should be begging Fosun to get him tied down to a new deal and praying other clubs don't come in for him as his importance has been clear to see.

Some also think he somehow doesn't deserve the same terms as mentioned before as well. His importance to the team has been highlighted more than ever.

So you use certain stats to defend him, but then basically say you can't believe the stats that are critical of him

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you use certain stats to defend him, but then basically say you can't believe the stats that are critical of him

Don’t think your point is relevant.

A main argument people put up for years was that he helps the team, regardless of what his individual contribution is.

So this season we’ve had the perfect opportunity to check that, over a prolonged period so a big enough sample size.

34 points from 21 games with Traore involved.
17 points from 17 games without him.

Unfortunately for us it shows just how important he is, meaning those people were right. He brought so much to the team that couldn’t be measured in simple goals and assists, as we’ve seen.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think your point is relevant.

A main argument people put up for years was that he helps the team, regardless of what his individual contribution is.

So this season we’ve had the perfect opportunity to check that, over a prolonged period so a big enough sample size.

34 points from 21 games with Traore involved.
17 points from 17 games without him.

Unfortunately for us it shows just how important he is, meaning those people were right. He brought so much to the team that couldn’t be measured in simple goals and assists, as we’ve seen.
You wouldn't, because you only think stats are revelant to your side of the argument. Are you trying to tell me the only factor in our form slump was Adama leaving? So Saiss and Coady dropping in form and injuries to Neves, Semedo, Podence and Kilman had nothing to do with it?

Let's face it, he isnt worth a big contract, his output proves that. He doesn't add goal contributions. He never really has in his time here either even in his best season. Even players who have been as ineffective as Trincao and Hwang have bettered his output here, and Chiquinho has been a lot more effective in his few appearances.

Last edited:

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he did go to Spuds, I could see him playing on the right wing. With Kane dropping deeper these days to receive the ball when they break and looking for the killer pass (a role in which he is damn good at)). He would have 2 speed merchants ahead of him, in Son and Traore and he can still get in the box to finish things off.

Pretty scary front 3 and enough to keep the best of defences on their toes. Okay, I know the counter argument will be Traore’s end product isn’t there but I think they would create that many opportunities that the law of averages would mean he still does well enough. He would also have players around him that can keep up, which Wolves don’t have.

Back
Top Bottom