Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then again we had this last year and it all worked out well when were told deals would be done at the end of the window. Worked out well with that late attempted swoop for Kieffer Moore!
I don't think it's possible to use the words swoop and Kieffer Moore in the same sentence, such is his lack of pace!
Maybe an eleventh hour canter?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then again we had this last year and it all worked out well when were told deals would be done at the end of the window. Worked out well with that late attempted swoop for Kieffer Moore!

Orrrrr worked out well that we still finished above the new big spenders in Everton and Villa - who people are currently sweating over

T

TheConcourse

Whether Vile have wasted money or not and do better than us next season we will find out next season. It is clear their owners are willing to plough the money in to try and make them a force which may or may not work. It is clear to me that our owners arent even prepared to plough in even half the money Vile are spending.

This sell to buy rubbish is an absolute farce. We will be in our 5th year in the Premier League next season. Surely it cannot be beyond them to invest before we sell? Especially as we have players leaving out of contract and various players declining.

When Fosun came in it was an exciting project and players wanted to come to us, even in the championship. Does anyone really get that same vibe with them now? I for one most certainly dont.

They dont appear proactive to me. More reactive.

I hope I am eating my words come the start of pre season but as usual it wouldnt surprise me one bit if we are understrength whilst other clubs have players in place for pre season training.

I will probably get a lot of stick for my comments but I have to say and be honest that my faith in our current owners is dwindling by the day. I hope they prove me wrong but I have a horrible feeling they wont.
What happens when they get bored? No owner will enjoy losing 10s of millions every season, and it’s pretty much a closed shop for the top four.

Part of me has huge respect for Fosun for not just splurging cash. It doesn’t equate to success without the off-field income. I just wish they were a touch braver (1 additional player).

Anyways, it is what it is.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. 5 year contract on table for Nathan Byrne.
I refused to accept Nathan Byrne was not going to be an elite level player for a good 6 months.
I also had a feeling Boukari would out-perform Saka once he was fit, Frankowski just needed more time and that Iorfa would play for England.

I'm not a smart man.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper, they have a pretty strong matchday squad.

Martinez
Cash, Konsa, Carlos, Digne
Ramsey, Luiz, Kamara
Buendia, Watkins, Coutinho

Olsen, Young, Mings, Chambers, McGinn, Chukwemeka, Bailey, Traore, Ings

Here’s hoping Gerrard isn’t able to get the best out of them.
Dear Lord.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's logical. Would be very hard for us to sign a better player than Neves. Which you know but you had to get a dig in :)
It would but if we can sign 3 players who individually arent as good but give us things we have been missing and make us a better team then what?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would but if we can sign 3 players who individually arent as good but give us things we have been missing and make us a better team then what?
That's the plot of Roy of the Rovers comics. Flog the foreign player. Buy three good English lads for that price. Win the league.

GERREM IN

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Vile have wasted money or not and do better than us next season we will find out next season. It is clear their owners are willing to plough the money in to try and make them a force which may or may not work. It is clear to me that our owners arent even prepared to plough in even half the money Vile are spending.

This sell to buy rubbish is an absolute farce. We will be in our 5th year in the Premier League next season. Surely it cannot be beyond them to invest before we sell? Especially as we have players leaving out of contract and various players declining.

When Fosun came in it was an exciting project and players wanted to come to us, even in the championship. Does anyone really get that same vibe with them now? I for one most certainly dont.

They dont appear proactive to me. More reactive.

I hope I am eating my words come the start of pre season but as usual it wouldnt surprise me one bit if we are understrength whilst other clubs have players in place for pre season training.

I will probably get a lot of stick for my comments but I have to say and be honest that my faith in our current owners is dwindling by the day. I hope they prove me wrong but I have a horrible feeling they wont.
Should owners only be judged by how much money they are currently investing?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should owners only be judged by how much money they are currently investing?

If the net spend is very low then yes in my opinion, especially in January of this year when we could have pushed on but did nothing and let Adama go. This summer is obviously big for Fosun with our star player looking like he is leaving and several out of contract first team players leaving along with some players clearly in decline. Some investment in prove quality and we should be fine. Dont do this and leave the squad vulnerable and we could be in trouble.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the net spend is very low then yes in my opinion, especially in January of this year when we could have pushed on but did nothing and let Adama go.
So previous investment, writing off the money they had loaned the club, making us able to be self sufficient, taking us to a stable Premier league club, constantly looking to grow the club off the field. All these don't matter if they aren't investing big sums every transfer window?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But also £20m on Sa, Toti, Chiqiunho and RAN

For every Hwrong, there's a Hwright
Not signings this summer so not relevant and rather selectivr if I may so, this summer currently Hwang signed and potentially Neves leaving, see what happens from here..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So previous investment, writing off the money they had loaned the club, making us able to be self sufficient, taking us to a stable Premier league club, constantly looking to grow the club off the field. All these don't matter if they aren't investing big sums every transfer window?

They do matter but wont add up to much if proper investment in the most important area of the club, the first team squad isnt forthcoming soon. No one thinks we are going to spend what Vile are but surely some decent investment should be there? You only have to look at our squad with Neves going, several players in decline and others leaving who are out of contract that investment is needed and sell to buy will probably not cut it this summer.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do matter but wont add up to much if proper investment in the most important area of the club, the first team squad isnt forthcoming soon. No one thinks we are going to spend what Vile are but surely some decent investment should be there? You only have to look at our squad with Neves going, several players in decline and others leaving who are out of contract that investment is needed and sell to buy will probably not cut it this summer.
But it's not as though they are making profit from us. They have just written off a load of debt to enable us to post a profit on the bank sheet. Every time we have sold a player the money has been reinvested. You can criticise the recruitment if that's your opinion but I don't think their investment during their time here has been an issue

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect them to comfortably finish above us as their squad is (or will be) on a completely different level. The bookies odds will reflect that as well, so all you lot who are having digs can instead just post your betting slips come August :)
In fairness you posted last summer that Villa, Leeds, Everton, Leicester and West Ham are ‘all ahead of us’.

I presume your bet on them all finishing above us were washed out? ;)

I don’t agree they are (or will be) on a completely different level. I don’t have the same love in for many of their players that some on here do. Like most years, outside of the money league teams, there will be a handful of clubs mixing it around mid table. Including villa and us (hopefully :oops:)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it peaceful on here nw.....that God for that...... separate threads.....cheick doucoure is good......was a few on here last summer wanting him..

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soumare at Leicester was supposed to be the muts nuts - and he’s completely flopped and now being sold after one season

While we need players I can’t get too excited about these random names. Who knows until the squad settles and players prove themselves

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But also £20m on Sa, Toti, Chiqiunho and RAN

For every Hwrong, there's a Hwright
I thought the general consensus was £12m for Hwang?

(Either way, to save the Hwang-basher posters the trouble, I'll add it - £12 is too much, let alone £12m)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness you posted last summer that Villa, Leeds, Everton, Leicester and West Ham are ‘all ahead of us’.

I presume your bet on them all finishing above us were washed out? ;)

I don’t agree they are (or will be) on a completely different level. I don’t have the same love in for many of their players that some on here do. Like most years, outside of the money league teams, there will be a handful of clubs mixing it around mid table. Including villa and us (hopefully :oops:)
I thought they would be.
It's not that I think these sides are amazing, it's I don't think we're that good.
I think we were incredibly fortunate to finish 10th. We're a dull watch, we got lot of lucky results IMO, and we have done for two years now.

I'm really worried about the direction we're heading in because of what I've said above and the fact we seemingly have no money. I hope I'm completely wrong but the core of what's made us a success over the years is not what it was.

Coady is no longer as good IMO. Moutinho could be off. Jimenez is not the same. Neves is leaving. Throw in Saiss and Ruddy who are supposedly big influences in the dressing room.

That's a major turnover and I don't trust our recruitment team given their history and the fact we won't seemingly be having a net spend again.

We shall see anyway.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought they would be.
It's not that I think these sides are amazing, it's I don't think we're that good.
I think we were incredibly fortunate to finish 10th. We're a dull watch, we got lot of lucky results IMO, and we have done for two years now.

I'm really worried about the direction we're heading in because of what I've said above and the fact we seemingly have no money. I hope I'm completely wrong but the core of what's made us a success over the years is not what it was.

Coady is no longer as good IMO. Moutinho could be off. Jimenez is not the same. Neves is leaving. Throw in Saiss and Ruddy who are supposedly big influences in the dressing room.

That's a major turnover and I don't trust our recruitment team given their history and the fact we won't seemingly be having a net spend again.

We shall see anyway.
I agree we were dull, and those first three games were a huge kick in the teeth, and probably shaped our season for the worse. 5-7 points from those games, which were probably deserved, and we may not have reverted to the safety first approach. All hindsight (and whatifery) obviously, but maybe things would have been different.

yes we had some luck, but also plenty of bad luck too, certainly with some dubious decisions. Evens it out?

Personally I’ll keep my powder dry until the dust starts to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom