Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting!

If he has the balls and throws the gauntlet good on him, if he demands and they dont recieve maybe he will walk or they will fire him.

I hope he really does give it the beans, and tell them he is ****ed, performances aside he was never backed and given support jan or end of summer.
Agree. I think this is a time for honesty from all parties. Either do this or I'm gone and they need to deliver on that or he needs to go. And, if they say they don't trust him as well, fair enough. I don't think many would actually care if he does/doesn't go, we just need backing.

We don't want this feeling dragging on over the summer.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are they really shaping the squad without the input of their Head Coach or is this lazy and provocative journalism?
To be fair I'd say Lage offers his opinion - in this case he wants to keep Ruddy, so the club talk and despite what Lage has said Shi obviously feels giving him another year isn't worthwhile for whatever reason. I guess Shi will always (& rightly) have the final say on contracts.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect Richards has reasonable and reliable sources enough to post this on the public domain. It's not like he has added a link to a news article that you then have to subscribe to (i.e. Spiers with the Athletic).

There's no smoke without fire....

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling of deja vu ?

I cant see how he stays.

Benfica’s form has been abysmal of late, just one win in five in a run that has saw Benfica defeated by Santa Clara and Marítimo, as well as draws with Portimonense and Tondela.

He's doing much worse with us

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Transfer deadline day with 3 hours left

If anybody remembers The Fast Show and the guy who's wife sent him to the shops to get something simple and he always got totally the wrong thing. "Err.. no, I didn't get the milk and bread you asked for. But I got something much better. A scale model of the Taj Mahal and autographed Rod Hull picture".

"Did you get the player with a goal scoring record, driving midfielder and pacey centre half we needed? No, I have much better than that though. Five teenage Portugese tricky wide players for the price of one. Two defensive midfielders from the Albanian league - just visualise the marketing opportunities. And Porto had this spare centre-half not getting a match, so I just had to get him. What's that? Is he fast? Not really, but Porto said he was a bargain and £40M is cheap as he's one-for-the-future. That's what they said, and they wouldn't lie".

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was odd we let Ruddy go after Lage said he wanted him to stay, and Big Johns post about him leaving seemed to lean towards it was a decision that wasnt his. I honestly dont see why Lage is putting up with being undermined at every turn so far.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems a shambles behind the scenes to me. We had supposedly agreed on what players were needed months ago according to lage. Now reports of unhappy players and head coach. We look ruder less.
Yet lately talks about getting new players in but refuses to let go of those who need to go it seems.

Bruno might want him but the other transfer committee members might not, is it viable when we have decent keepers coming through? As Ruddy must take a fair wage to sit on the bench

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was odd we let Ruddy go after Lage said he wanted him to stay, and Big Johns post about him leaving seemed to lean towards it was a decision that wasnt his. I honestly dont see why Lage is putting up with being undermined at every turn so far.
Money. Won't walk away, will wait to be sacked.

T

TheConcourse

“I won’t sign anyone that he doesn’t want and we wont ever sign anyone that I don’t want”

Perhaps paraphrasing here, and there are always going to be disagreements internally about players, but I’m seeing a total lack of alignment going back to Nuno days.

The strong rumours then were that Nuno wanted Semedo and Shi wanted Silva.

Then we see Bruno coming in and demanding two players for each position, constantly creating urgency. Nothing happened.

Now this.

Sorry, but there are a heap of red flags at the moment and they all point to a chronic lack of leadership and direction.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money. Won't walk away, will wait to be sacked.

He doesnt need the money. He's shown that when he was out of work for 18 months was it before he got the Wolves job. All he will do is tarnish his reputation and look like a yes man imo. He should have some self respect and stand up for himself. At the moment, he is basically a puppet manager.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I won’t sign anyone that he doesn’t want and we wont ever sign anyone that I don’t want”

Perhaps paraphrasing here, and there are always going to be disagreements internally about players, but I’m seeing a total lack of alignment going back to Nuno days.

Then we see Bruno coming in and demanding two players for each position, constantly creating urgency. Nothing happened.

Now this.

Sorry, but there are a heap of red flags at the moment and they all point to a chronic lack of leadership and direction.

I can remember Bruno clearly saying he wanted 3 or 4 top players and got nothing. He's an idiot if he keeps putting up with this.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really isn't a good look at how all this is coming out in the press

Feel he is going now

He wanted ruddy to stay yea, the ruddy who fans have slated etc.

Now I'm sure ruddy wants a bit more on his contract for bench sitting, something the club isn't willing to match plus we gave other keepers coming through. So it's the correct decision if this of the case

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now this.

Of course there are.(lots of red flags)

Do we really believe Nuno was sacked for results and style of play?
It was just a convenient excuse for getting rid of a demanding head coach

Now the same might happen with Lage and then what?

Don't even dare dream that the likes of Lopetequi coming in to work in an enviroment like that and with zero aspirations

And before anyone says "Lopetequi wanted to come in the Championship"
Lets not forret that the project had a completely different and much more positive outlook back then.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesnt need the money. He's shown that when he was out of work for 18 months was it before he got the Wolves job. All he will do is tarnish his reputation and look like a yes man imo. He should have some self respect and stand up for himself. At the moment, he is basically a puppet manager.
I agree but just being realistic. Hardly any manager ever resigns nowadays, I don't see why he will be any different.

Reaction score
Re Ruddy - playing devils advocate Lage isn't the right person to be making that decision. I'm sure he'd like an experienced number 2. I'm sure he'd like Haaland and Neymar and Neves to stay on, and an experienced backup for every position.

Perhaps in the real world the club have looked at how often Ruddy plays, what wages he's asking for [if he was interested in staying] and made the decision that'd be better spent elsewhere, given we've apparently a few promising younger keepers.

As I say, devils advocate, as I'm not sure I've much faith in those making the financial/recruitment decisions the last few years, but in theory there's little wrong with not choosing to renew your backup keepers contract

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but just being realistic. Hardly any manager ever resigns nowadays, I don't see why he will be any different.

I'm not seeing many managers undermined as much as Bruno seems to be. No matter what he says about what he wants, his opinion seems to carry no weight at all. If the Ruddy thing is true on top of everything else we have seen, that should be the straw that breaks the camels back for him. We need a bit of stability in the background this summer and regardless of what people think about his ability, Ruddy is a leader in the dressing room.

T

TheConcourse

Feel he is going now

He wanted ruddy to stay yea, the ruddy who fans have slated etc.

Now I'm sure ruddy wants a bit more on his contract for bench sitting, something the club isn't willing to match plus we gave other keepers coming through. So it's the correct decision if this of the case
This.

I’m not bothered about the decisions, but the lack of alignment is scary between the HC and DoF.

One is playing chess and the other is playing Quidditch at the moment.

Perhaps silent interviews are a new craze that I’m not aware of, but usually they’re there to determine fits between people. So weird.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying that Bruno wanted to keep ruddy

He has been truly awful for a long time

Not worrying at all, in fact its an incredibly smart decision. He would know the upheavel thats happening at the club in the summer and wants some stability and leaders in the dressing room to help transition into a new phase. For the amount he plays, his ability on the field for what we need off it is negligible.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

I’m not bothered about the decisions, but the lack of alignment is scary between the HC and DoF.

One is playing chess and the other is playing Quidditch at the moment.

Perhaps silent interviews are a new craze that I’m not aware of, but usually they’re there to determine fits between people. So weird.
Agreed its not the decision themselves just there is no unilateral thinking, how can we move forward as a club if manager and jeff/sellars arent alligned.

Everything will become completely disjointed, a bit like our on pitch performance

Its probably carrying through from boardroom to pitch

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just assuming that Lage is fired.....
I do wonder how the Fosun relationship with Mendes is holding up with what would be 2 of his managerial clients now disposed of?
Ultimately Jorge is solely interested in making money for himself and his clients, but I really do wonder what he thinks of it all and whether Shi is testing his patience?

Back
Top Bottom