Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Promise he was sacked. After the Burnley game

I still dont think he was tbh but who knows. Especially how things are playing out with Lage, my own view is they wanted to go one way, Nuno wasnt in favour of it so basically both parties were left with very little choice but to part ways. Looking at Nuno's character, i doubt very much he would be able to work somebody like Sellars who comes out with " I don’t ever want to sign players that he wants and I don’t want "

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still dont think he was tbh but who knows. Especially how things are playing out with Lage, my own view is they wanted to go one way, Nuno wasnt in favour of it so basically both parties were left with very little choice but to part ways. Looking at Nuno's character, i doubt very much he would be able to work somebody like Sellars who comes out with " I don’t ever want to sign players that he wants and I don’t want "
Fair enough. Someone who works for the club (my sister's then partner) told me this, hence my claiming it, but he's just one source. I guess we will never know the truth

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. Someone who works for the club (my sister's then partner) told me this, hence my claiming it, but he's just one source. I guess we will never know the truth

I dont think we will either. Think i've heard about 3 or 4 different stories now and i can see that every one has merit. Early on i thought it could well have been a sacking, but some of the things that have come out on how we do things and how we havent really backed Lage i'm leaning towards it was just an untenable situation for everyone.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there are differences over individual transfers - as there inevitably will be - then the Head Coach isn't the one in the position of power. Nuno, and no doubt Bruno, would have a say, but no more than that. The days of the all-controlling Manager have largely gone, at least in the PL.

Doesn't automatically mean the HC won't carry on working with the hand he's been dealt, though I'd guess he would draw a line at some stage, if push came to shove.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there are differences over individual transfers - as there inevitably will be - then the Head Coach isn't the one in the position of power. Nuno, and no doubt Bruno, would have a say, but no more than that. The days of the all-controlling Manager have largely gone, at least in the PL.

Doesn't automatically mean the HC won't carry on working with the hand he's been dealt, though I'd guess he would draw a line at some stage, if push came to shove.
I suppose it all depends on if they block every option he wants. I personally think its stupid to totally deny any manager every player they want. If you put somebody in charge of a football team you should let them run the team how they see fit or whats the point of putting him in charge. While i dont buy this stuff you see about him being stuck with a certain style because he is stuck with Nuno's players ( i think its nonsense because they are capable of playing different ways ) i do think every manager needs a few players of a certain type to make their teams tick. Thats where i think Bruno has been let down.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it all depends on if they block every option he wants. I personally think its stupid to totally deny any manager every player they want. If you put somebody in charge of a football team you should let them run the team how they see fit or whats the point of putting him in charge. While i dont buy this stuff you see about him being stuck with a certain style because he is stuck with Nuno's players ( i think its nonsense because they are capable of playing different ways ) i do think every manager needs a few players of a certain type to make their teams tick. Thats where i think Bruno has been let down.
Our last manager was Mick. We have had head coaches ever since. No head coach ever has the degree of control that you want.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our last manager was Mick. We have had head coaches ever since. No head coach ever has the degree of control that you want.

Thats just being pedantic based on the name they give the role. Its still the same job with more help than the old school managers used to have.

You cant tell though me all these " head coaches " have to basically sign every player they want by committee. Our model is ridiculous having to only sign players Sellars rates. How on earth do you build a squad in that way? I'm not saying it has to happen with every player, but you have to back the manager/head coaches judgement on the player he wants. There has to be a balance that we arent currently getting.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats just being pedantic based on the name they give the role. Its still the same job with more help than the old school managers used to have.

You cant tell though me all these " head coaches " have to basically sign every player they want by committee. Our model is ridiculous having to only sign players Sellars rates. How on earth do you build a squad in that way? I'm not saying it has to happen with every player, but you have to back the manager/head coaches judgement on the player he wants. There has to be a balance that we arent currently getting.
It isn't being pedantic. No club front man, even Pep or Klopp, has anything like the degree of control over the squad that old school managers had. With respect to your comments about Sellars the logical conclusion is that no club should have a director of football/technical director call it what you will. That is exactly the opposite direction of travel to that being taken by pretty much all clubs. The head coach is one of several whose view is considered.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t mind that. Earlier this season we were going along fine getting absolutely zero credit in the media, once they started saying “don’t forget Wolves!” when talking european places, our form has skydived. Not saying that’s the direct and only reason but I do wonder if that little bit extra pressure and intensity on the squad has made it tougher.
Except Fosun wanna sell the brand

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
People who say he said he's excited about next season, and I've said it before, he might think he will still be in a job come August....he might be in for a surprise. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went this week.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
half time vs Liverpool and even if we win, ( yeah, right ), I have lost patience with Bruno’s coaching. I have no more confidence in him.

Since Xmas, our defence leaks like a sieve……massive holes that you could drive an 18wheeler through.
Bruno has a a full season to drill basic stuff and failed and I hope Jeff can and will find someone better.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
half time vs Liverpool and even if we win, I have lost patience with Bruno’s coaching. I have no more confidence in him.

Since Xmas, our defence leaks like a sieve……massive holes that you could drive an 18wheeler through.
Bruno has a a full season to drill basic stuff and failed and I hope Jeff can and will find someone better.

What the **** is wrong with you? You're upset that Liverpool are creating chances Vs our defence, the same Liverpool that have scored 92 goals this season.

Absolute pantwetter.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
half time vs Liverpool and even if we win, ( yeah, right ), I have lost patience with Bruno’s coaching. I have no more confidence in him.

Please get back in your box.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

....We're level with the Champions League finalists at half time on their patch, and have fashioned the better chances.
We will lose this game. Because Liverpool are on another level. But the idea that this 45 minutes would be the one to make you lose confidence is...

...Wait, I'm missing the joke here, aren't I?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t particularly understand the sub of Neto for Hwang rather than Chiquinho or even trincao who seems better able to exploit space. I’m not for or against Bruno remaining as coach, but his decision making seems confusing, limited tactical vision and seems to show he has favourites.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the **** is wrong with you? You're upset that Liverpool are creating chances Vs our defence, the same Liverpool that have scored 92 goals this season.

Absolute pantwetter.
Please get back in your box.
Can’t I vent a bit?

After the Leeds and City etc games and now Liverpool nearly scoring several goals in the first half , you’re not annoyed?
Ok…..you have more patience than I.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don’t particularly understand the sub of Neto for Hwang rather than Chiquinho or even trincao who seems better able to exploit space. I’m not for or against Bruno remaining as coach, but his decision making seems confusing, limited tactical vision and seems to show he has favourites.

I think it will be down to strength. Neto was getting raves for his pace there, but his physicality is just as much part of the game, and also important to breaking a high press. Hwang is stronger than both Chiquinho and Trincao. That's devil's advocate though, I agree, I would rather see either of those players come on.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t I vent a bit?

After the Leeds and City etc games and now Liverpool nearly scoring several goals in the first half , you’re not annoyed?
Ok…..you have more patience than I.

Wonder if VancouverLFC on AnfieldMix is stating Klopp out because we've created several high quality chances today.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if VancouverLFC on AnfieldMix is stating Klopp out because we've created several high quality chances today.
People have called for Bruno‘s head for some time now, so I’m hardly alone…..go call them out too, if you’re fair.
Today I too feel the same, ….so what?

I want better for next season.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those 3 things you mention, why are you not against him staying?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bringing Hwang on for Neto instead of far superior options.

Tells you enough about his management: it has no business at Wolves.

I’m sorry but with Neto going off so early Hwang was the only realistic option which didn’t require us to change our formation. Podence would have been better but he’s not fully fit.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry but with Neto going off so early Hwang was the only realistic option which didn’t require us to change our formation. Podence would have been better but he’s not fully fit.

If the choice is to change formation or bring on an almost completely useless player, then I expect him to change the formation. It's not blasphemy or against the law to adapt tactics due to injuries.

How well did it work, when we were crying out for pace?

Back
Top Bottom