Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread (For what it's worth)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just goes to show the massive job that Nuno did over COVID and an empty stadium. This ***** ain’t half the manager

We fell from 7th to 13th in that time period. Massive? We also were 4 or 5 points off Champions League before lockdown, with a run in easier than others. Blew that, too, with lacklustre performances remarkably similar to today.

T

TheConcourse

We really do have some utterly stupid and negative people who claim to support our club. They have no clue what their continued negativity does. Completely sick and tired of reading their b/s. They have absolutely no understanding of what Fosun and the management team / players are doing. Instead, because performances and results haven't been so great the last 8 games, they continue to spout their diatribe. Absolutely no credit given for where we managed to get ourselves in the league. While some players are destined to leave, I do wish some of these idiots would do so as well. See you next season. Done with this crap.
You must shout when your birthday comes around - I’ll pop over with cake. Should it have 6 or 7 candles?

Jesus. It’s possible in life that adults have different opinions. Pathetic response with zero context.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring, drab and predictable rubbish. A team that has no proper clue how to attack, players looking unsure what to do, players looking too slow. Several players looking shot, including our captain and a head coach the looks like a rabbit in the headlights. New head coach and coaching staff needed and a lot of new players with a lot leaving. A Crystal Palace style clear out needed this summer with some ruthless decisions needed.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Rubbish performance. We never play between the lines. The only time we've done it is with Podence and Trincao. Hwang is so bad.

It was an end of season players leaving type of performance. They'll be a few changes come the summer.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really do have some utterly stupid and negative people who claim to support our club. They have no clue what their continued negativity does. Completely sick and tired of reading their b/s. They have absolutely no understanding of what Fosun and the management team / players are doing. Instead, because performances and results haven't been so great the last 8 games, they continue to spout their diatribe. Absolutely no credit given for where we managed to get ourselves in the league. While some players are destined to leave, I do wish some of these idiots would do so as well. See you next season. Done with this crap.
This forum is not representative of the fanbase IMHO.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Really poor performance and outplayed in large periods (for the third time in less than six months) by one of the worst sides in Premier League history with nothing to play for.

As I’ve said before, I think Bruno has been dealt a really tough hand. To actually weaken our squad in January after he had publicly said we needed reinforcements, and when in such a strong position, has cost us (and him massively). But results, and perhaps more importantly, performances have fallen off a cliff, and there is nothing in his CV to suggest he can turn that type of run around or be put in charge of a big rebuild.

It would be a really harsh sacking (and one, which if it did happen, should prompt some questions about those above him) but it’s quite tough to make a compelling case for him to stay on the evidence of the last 15 games.

As for the game itself. Defence all over the place again in the first half and as much as I love both Coady and Boly, there is a genuine debate to be had about their futures. If we stick with three at the back, we need two top quality centre-halves with strength and athleticism for Coady to organise. But if we do bring those players in, there is a debate as to whether we need three at the back at all.

Only real bright spot was Chiquinho’s cameo with his pace and directness masking a continued lack of attacking cohesion (much like Adama did before him). The non-appearance of Trincao suggests that decision has already been made.

Ruddy 5 - thank you for the service John. Top man and we will always have Cardiff.

Boly 5
Coady 4
Toti 6

Jonny 5
Moutinho 5 - if this is the end Joao, it’s been an absolute privilege to have you in the Old Gold. Pure class.
Neves 5 - please, please don’t go, Ruben!
RAN 6

Hwang 6 (if he’s a regular starter next year, we’re going to struggle but wasn’t anywhere near our worst player today).
Raul 5 - the closest thing to an iconic striker since Bully. Hopefully he can get back to somewhere near his best next year.
Neto 6

Chiquinho 7
Fabio 6
Podence 6

A disappointing end to a season that at one stage promised so much. The most annoying thing being that a lot of that disappointment was self-inflicted.

Some huge decisions to be made around the Manager and some players who have been absolute heroes for this club over the last few years. Regardless of what happens, those players have my eternal respect and gratitude. Modern-day Wolves legends.
Excellent assessment

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
State of football that they can increase tickets by maybe 10% or more and give us these players as an improvement on last year.....and will be similar next season.
Something has to change in football. Fosun are well happy keeping Molineux at 32k capacity knowing that people have to renew or face likelihood they can't go and then can't meet friends etc for a day out.
Personally think Lage is our best chance of getting something better, but then really don't trust Shi to change anything.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, last 10 game form, though bad, we have the same points as West Ham, Man U, Villa . Are their fans moaning about "Relegation next season?" Genuine question, maybe they are?

Last 15 games form, 5 points ahead of the relegation line. It's not pretty, but it's really only the last 5 games that we have really dropped. And even then, 3 teams are still worse. It's just mathematically incorrect that we are in "relegation form". I'll take what the maths say over what the borderline hysteria says :D

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place is an echo chamber for negativity.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last one third of the season:

Played 13 won 3 drawn 2 lost 8

That is relegation form. And yes, we looked no better than rock bottom Norwich with a GD of -56. Toothless even against virtually the worst PL defence of all time. We need massive changes or we will be favourites for the drop. Mr Shi, get your bloody act together or bugger off. Bruno is not up to it, but it's the organ grinder that needs changing, not the monkey (though he ain't up to much either).

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FOSUN OUT, nothing else will save us. Tinkering with a new manager won't be good enough the rot comes from the top.

I can understand your sentiments after another dismal performance, but Fosun have given us our highest league finishes in nearly 50 years. I have spent most of my adult life hearing about the 50's and how great we were, but we have been championship, or relegation fodder since the early 80's.
I am very greatful to Fosun and just want them to refresh the squad with some quality replacements.
Fosun don't do highly successful and qualified managers. We struck lucky with Nuno, who gave us the greatest days since the early 70's, however, he had no success behind him either. He did brilliantly at Wolves, but Fosun put coaches in place, who play with what they are given, not big name managers, who call the shots.
I just want Fosun to get some decent players in, as we really are lacking depth. I don't want Fosun to leave.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last one third of the season:

Played 13 won 2 drawn 3 lost 8

That is relegation form. And yes, we looked no better than rock bottom Norwich with a GD of -56. Toothless even against virtually the worst PL defence of all time. We need massive changes or we will be favourites for the drop. Mr Shi, get your bloody act together or bugger off. Bruno is not up to it, but it's the organ grinder that needs changing, not the monkey (though he ain't up to much either).

No, it isnt. Because 3 clubs have got even fewer points. We have 9 points, while Norwich and Southampton have 5 and Watford 4. Little consolation, but are a whole 4 points clear!

I do agree with your broad point - it's certainly "relegation battle" form. But it's been a real sudden drop this past 5 matches, presumably players "on the beach", know they could well be leaving etc. If needed, they are capable of better. I don't think the players at those other relegation battle clubs are, though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Most people l spoke to in the NBU want Lage gone.

Every fan I have spoken to this week wants him sacked. Not saying that is the general view but not one out of about twenty fans I spoke with this week want him to stay, including a few who were very positive about him a few months ago.

T

TheConcourse

Calling posters stupid and idiots while moaning about negativity and over the top reactions in the same post. The irony.
With posters who spend their time travelling around the country, 250+ miles round trip to home games whilst questioning whether they’re supporters.

I probably get too emotional about football, whilst others can be more pragmatic. We should never stifle debate though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Last season we were so boring in scoring our 36 league goals that the manager had to go. We had to change from a well organised defence with a counter attack, to a possession based style.

This season with one game left we've scored 37 it's no better to watch.

Summed up for me today by that once again 15 minutes of Chiquinho was the best thing out there, but after a good start he stopped running at them too.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place is an echo chamber for negativity.

Other Wolves forum which used to be really positive is now even worse. Just think a lot are fed up of the drab and awful football we are playing. Social media is awash with anger but some pretty good Wolves fans have even had enough now of the football and our total lack of any style or identity to our play.

I for one cant blame fans for being annoyed. The club looks stale and in bad need of refreshing on many levels. We may be in 8th place but we are lucky to still be there. Several sides below us look far more convincing in their style of play and will in all likelihood overtake us next season if there aren't big changes at our club this season.

Its a shame as a couple of years back we looked a really good project. Now I am unsure as to quite what we are.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said 12 months ago the squad was stale, it’s practically rotting now.
Hopefully the owners back the manager in the summer, can see Neves and Coady leaving for 85 million, every penny should be put back into the squad and Bruno given a chance to show what he can do.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every fan I have spoken to this week wants him sacked. Not saying that is the general view but not one out of about twenty fans I spoke with this week want him to stay, including a few who were very positive about him a few months ago.
Most people I know are like myself - not bothered one way or another. Feel he deserves a window but also aware that he's no longer looking messainic.

If they're having doubts though, they should pull the trigger ASAP. No point in backing Bruno then sacking him after a poor start to the season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hopefully the owners back the manager in the summer, can see Neves and Coady leaving for 85 million, every penny should be put back into the squad and Bruno given a chance to show what he can do.
I love Coady, he's everything a footballer should be as a human being, just not as a footballer sadly. I'm presuming you're hoping for 80m for Neves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This to me is the big issue. I know that people trot out 'we are a selling club' but I don't think we are enough of a selling club'! We acquired a great squad and they are easily the best in my lifetime. But then they just stayed....a little longer....a little longer....the big ticket players stayed and values dropped.

Ifs and buts etc., But if we'd have cashed in on Traore like we did Doherty - and perhaps someone like Boly - we'd have had the funds to reinvent the squad.

But, as you say, the stale team of last season.that struggles to score and is.defensively suspect....is still the same team! Albeit with a half a season's wonderful defensive record

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one can win matches by playing very slow football. We really need to change most of the players, including Joao, Jimenes, Coady, Boly, Hwang, being the first to move on.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing game. Was hoping for an exciting win.

I hope to god that Fosun realise that we desperately need some serious investment in our first team. If they are fooled by our lofty position, we maybe in trouble.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny looked shot today as well. Like an old man trying to keep up with the pace.
Most premier league clubs would replace a player who’d had 2 ACLs. Fosun cross there fingers and hope he comes back.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Most people I know are like myself - not bothered one way or another. Feel he deserves a window but also aware that he's no longer looking messainic.

If they're having doubts though, they should pull the trigger ASAP. No point in backing Bruno then sacking him after a poor start to the season.
On the latter agreed. You either have to back him, or get someone else, but it has to be now.
Contrary to opinion here i'd like him to be backed properly, but i'll probably need to put on a helmet for the hail of abuse i'll get.. :p

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll get nowhere near those values. Those are gold-tinted expectations.

Who is going to pay serious money for Coady? A 29 year-old who isn't fast, can't tackle, gets bullied against strong players, can only play in a certain formation that protects him and scores once in a blue moon?

He is a good off the field character, and has been a key part of a great journey from the 2nd division to PL stability here, but clubs are not going to throw down big sums for a good guy around the training ground.

Neves will either go underpriced on the Mendes carousel or for an "ok" fee a la Jota or Doherty.

Last edited:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Coady, he's everything a footballer should be as a human being, just not as a footballer sadly. I'm presuming you're hoping for 80m for Neves.
I’m hoping Newcastle go 3 at the back and want Coads in the middle for 20 million.

The system drummed into this squad Is clearly holding us back.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll get nowhere near those values. Those gold-tinted expectations.

Who is going to pay serious money for Coady? A 29 year-old who isn't fast, can't tackle, gets bullied against strong players, can only play in a certain formation that protects him and scores once in a blue moon?

He is a good off the field character, but clubs are going to throw down big sums for a good guy around the training ground.

Neves will either go underpriced on the Mendes carousel or for an "ok" fee a la Jota or Doherty.
See above

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See above
Newcastle will have a much bigger market open to them with their investment and now that they've secured PL survival. They'll be a key destination for a whole raft of players from Ligue 1 now. Players with the right physical skills to make a real difference in the Premier League.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
On the latter agreed. You either have to back him, or get someone else, but it has to be now.
Contrary to opinion here i'd like him to be backed properly, but i'll probably need to put on a helmet for the hail of abuse i'll get.. :p
Don’t know any one who wants him sacked out of the st holders I know would rather see him backed and acknowledge he hasn’t been
Was in sbu for the game today and no hint of Bruno out in fact quite a few chants of Bruno lage barmy army and Bruno Bruno at the end .
Would say the forum isn’t representative as wasn’t last season with posters wanting Nuno out.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then don't read it. We all have opinions, sorry (not really though) that you are offended by difference of opinions. I am positive when Wolves are positive and doing good things and negative when Wolves are negative and do bad things. It really is that simple.

Tell me, what does the "continued negativity" do? How does it affect the club and fans? I am reacting to negative conditions. Jeff Shi should make better executive decisions if he wants us to change, because another negative poor summer window will make us more hostile. And we will be if Fosun fails to freshen us up. :)

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that if Fosun are now minded to facilitate a major restructure of the squad by cashing in on the likes of Neves, Traore, maybe Coady , Boly and Jiminez ( and I dont see them doing so any other way) I just can’t somehow see them entrusting it all to Lage after the way our season has petered out. Surely alarm bells must be ringing for them. They have shown their ruthlessness before and I would be surprised if they havent already got a replacement in mind.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think that if Fosun are now minded to facilitate a major restructure of the squad by cashing in on the likes of Neves, Traore, maybe Coady , Boly and Jiminez ( and I dont see them doing so any other way) I just can’t somehow see them entrusting it all to Lage after the way our season has petered out. Surely alarm bells must be ringing for them. They have shown their ruthlessness before and I would be surprised if they havent already got a replacement in mind.
Yeah as someone said if Nuno got potted then Lage has little to no credit in bank. Our numbers are dismal and we just have no style or patterns of play.

I would love to know what happened from the 4th game onwards this season, did the players just ignore him and go back to what they knew?

Irrespective of whether he goes though the squad needs a massive clear out.

Back
Top Bottom