Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley verdict thread

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shaded it first half but we were god awful after the break and deserved to lose accordingly.

Lage has had a very impressive season but his in game management has been odd recently. Taking off our best player today was mad.

Big problem for me is that we don't come back from being behind and that one goal is always enough to see us fall to insipid defeats

Leemack

Reaction score
Just thought it was boring and too many loose passes, Burnley wanted it more etc etc.

Just nothing to talk about really. BORING plus I hate Burnley and it's the first time I haven't gone away with us to watch them here for a while so I thought that would be enough for us to win lol

Urgh, what a poor result after the long break

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual annual jog around Turf Moor and no points.

Lage has got a rotten hand served to him with Shi's and Sellars' clownish transfers, but too often Lage himself also makes a large contribution to poor matches. We had a good run when Hwang was injured, but now it's back to shoehorning him in from the start.

It was depressing just how little desire the players actually had on the field to force a win, particularly after all the usual blah blah about being a must win game and having hopes of Europe.

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like we're approaching the end of the road for a fair few of our players. We need to revolutionise the way we play and forge a new identity if we want to move on, and that may require breaking up large parts of the team.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Played with no purpose and were punished accordingly, Burnley barely had to try just waited for us to gift them a goal then sat back and breezed the rest of the match, a pathetic performance from us to be honest.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic line up
Pathetic subs

Everything about this club recently absolutely screams small time.

4 years after promotion we shouldn't be in a position where Dendoncker and Moutinho are the only 2 fit midfielders in our squad.

Raul is finished. Sad, but true. No room for sentimentality, if we start next season with him leading the line we're in massive trouble.

Whoever sanctioned the Hwang deal needs to be sectioned.

Pathetic.
Pathetic.
Pathetic.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing result. Decent performance first half, poor second. We needed to raise the tempo but instead we were still on the beach.
Positives: Jonny, Boly, Semedo, Fabio, Sa.
Negatives: Raul, Hwang, Dendoncker
Rest very average.

So, the opportunity was there to beat a poor Burnley side and not for the first time, we spawn our opportunity.
We don't deserve top 7. That simple. We aren't good enough.

Move onto next season and let's hope for some quality players who can impact a game like this.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never thought I’d say this after all the great comebacks and points gained from losing positions under Nuno but… this team lacks heart and bottle. Nobody standing up to be counted and a real lack of desire at times.

As soon as we go a goal down we might as well pack it in and go home.

Today? Jonny, Boly and Silva did well… the rest can get in the bin.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual annual jog around Turf Moor and no points.

Lage has got a rotten hand served to him with Shi's and Sellars' clownish transfers, but too often Lage also makes a large contribution to poor matches.
Yes he could’ve been supported more but he’s not really proving to anyone he’s capable is he. He does not learn from mistakes. Same ones made time and time again. I turned off when they scored as we just don’t come back from a losing position

Reactions: Ian

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
flattered to deceive, looked decent in parts except where it counts in actually creating chances and scoring, spend too much of the gam passing the ball in front of Burnley, never really tried to get behind defense and stretch paly, picked the wrong option pass too many times. Defended OK, but when you don't score only takes one chance and you've lost the game

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another drab performance, the results are slightly better than last season but the performances aren't. Still dull and uninspiring football. This squad needs a serious shakeup.
It is tiring to echo this. But you are right. We are relying on a squad that is still largely in Nuno's image and using players from 2018. This has resulted in brutal stagnation.

I dont have any faith in the ownership to see this as a problem and rectify since it is has been crying out the last few windows and routinely ignored. Rudderless.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another team there for the taking.

Another toothless display from Wolves.

It’s Nuno ball all over again

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Burnley.

Two weeks waiting for that. Blimey.

I thought we were comfortable up until the goal without exerting ourselves. Maybe too comfortable. I couldn't see Burnely scoring, apart from McNeil having a couple of efforts.

Then when Burnley scored I couldn't see us getting back into it. It was just a nothing performance in the second half.

I thought Boly and Semedo played well.

To the fans who went have a safe journey back.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cowardly performance. Boly our least-worst player. Semedo ball-watching for the goal. The three up front were ineffective. Bruno got almost everything wrong. Bring on the summer, because I've lost interest in what's left of this season. We're md-table fodder and on the beach, despite our league position.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Too relaxed in the tunnel to start the game in my opinion few laughs and embraces with opposition and our own players. Sets the tone Burnley game face on and ready to go.

Too cautious. Neves on this showing will be gone. We have no creativity to unlock defences and no one to score goals on a regular basis.

As usual lots of expectations over the summer with ins and outs but we will still be short of quality signings.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players going through the motions with this formation.Too many safe back ; side-ways passes. Time to move some on .Never looked like scoring.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of comments supporting Bruno, but many more highly critical of him.
My main frustration today is that he must surely have looked at our previous games against Burnley, seen that we get bullied, harried, stifled, and yet his first decision in game is to sub off the one player who offered himself, moved defenders around and had a look of danger about him.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
The team needs major work in attack in the summer we just look toothless in front of goal and it's cost us Europe next season

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the strangest thing I'll ever say but honestly getting Europe with that bunch of chancers would be a bad thing IMO. It would allow people to think we didn't need fresh ideas and reward many of the poor footballers we own with new contracts.

As for Lage, he's really starting to **** me off. Fabio was brilliant today, hooked before Raul who again was way off the pace.

Saiss needs to go, great servant but he's done for me. Donk too.

Hwang is definitely some kind of money laundering scheme going on. Trincao over Chiq? Wtf?!

Serious questions need to start being asked as to whether Lage is a good stop gap manager or someone we want to trust with funds. I wouldn't trust him right now to bring in his own players after his constant use and reliance on underperformers. We are where we are because we had a lot of luck at the back and Sa bailing us out every week. Last ten or so games we have been found out and look toothless all over, so boring and pedestrian to watch sometimes. 1-0 down today and they played it across the back three four times in a row Ffs.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Another defeat against very limited opposition. Didn’t create enough when we were on top and ultimately ran out of ideas (and heart) in the last 30 minutes.

8 defeats in 13 since we let Adama go and gambled that none of our midfielders got injured. Ultimately, that gamble has resulted in 0 points from games against Palace, Leeds, Newcastle and Burnley and has cost us Europe.

Fabio a bright spot and didn’t deserve to come off. Moutinho poor (and lost his runner for the goal). Raul struggled. Hwang just isn’t very good.

Sa 5
Boly 6
Coady 5
Saiss 6
Semedo 6
Moutinho 5
Dendoncker 5
Jonny 7
Hwang 5
Fabio 7
Raul 5

Very frustrating that having got ourselves into such a good position at the end of January, we’ve shot ourselves in the foot and passed up an absolutely glorious opportunity that might not come around again for a very long time.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a moment about 10 mins from time and I think it was Boly had the ball held way in Burnley's half and not one player was moving for a pass.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is vital to our PL survival that we sign a goal scorer in the summer. Or at the very least a forward who gets in to the box.

On that showing if Neves goes in the transfer window… well, I dread to think.

Back
Top Bottom