Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

4 years ago today.....

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
we were in the south bank and when the ball hit the net there seemed a temporary stunned silence then an almighty eruption,although it probably was`nt like that.but i agree i have been following Wolves for 60 years and will concur the best goal i have ever seen live

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
we were in the south bank and when the ball hit the net there seemed a temporary stunned silence then an almighty eruption,although it probably was`nt like that.but i agree i have been following Wolves for 60 years and will concur the best goal i have ever seen live
That’s exactly how I remember it. Stunned silence, a roar of “wowwwwww” then the cheering!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s exactly how I remember it. Stunned silence, a roar of “wowwwwww” then the cheering!
Me too. I remember thinking afterwards that in all my years of watching Wolves, I'd never seen a goal followed by a silence when you could have heard a pin drop, and then the crowd explosion.

Wonderful, will stay with me for the rest of my life.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this video, but it's bordering on unhealthy!!

The last view I spotted the 2 guys on the front row of the SB. The pause, the cheer, then they just embrace. I like to think they didn't know each other, but Ruben's goal made them the best of friends! :tearsofjoy:

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember being wide mouthed in amazement ... "did I actually just see that ? "
Lasting memory for me is , a few minutes later , Derby had a corner. Ruben went back to defend and Vydra actually shook his hand.( more of a "low five")
Always special when a fellow pro appreciates what we all witnessed.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was great that we'd had the screens put in, because I think most of the crowd weren't totally sure of their own eyes first time. Remember the deafening chorus of 'we've got Neves' after we'd all seen it live and the replay! That was one hell of a season.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this video, but it's bordering on unhealthy!!

The last view I spotted the 2 guys on the front row of the SB. The pause, the cheer, then they just embrace. I like to think they didn't know each other, but Ruben's goal made them the best of friends! :tearsofjoy:
what made it even better was my grandson pausing the picture and we were on it!!!stunning,amazing there are no words.....to coin a phrase

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Ruben Neves day.

Easily the best goal I've ever seen live. And to top that up (as I got into the car to head home) TalkSport were saying that if Messi or Ronaldo had scored it that the world's media would be spaffing all over the place about it.

I just grinned like a childish little **** who'd just been given something special, and sang 'we've got Neves'.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of the Derby coaching staff lived next door to me at the time. I saw him a couple of days later and asked him what he thought of the match. He said "We got what we deserved, but that goal was something else.‘

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’re right ... there was a collective Molineux gasp ... followed by mass celebration.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve only made it over to attend 5 matches in person but 2 were Cardiff Away/Derby Home and I will die happy
Hi Alex, hope you are well? It's 5 years since we first met in San Antonio and on Ruben Neves's day 4 years ago I was watching the match in a bar in New York. We'd just come down from the Empire State Building before the game and tbh I was so thrilled I could have run all the way up to the top! Happy, happy days!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was there as well and that's exactly like I remember it...

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What bettered it for me, was vile supporting family had just been lauding grealishs strike, giving me loads about how it was the best they'd seen and how much better than Neves greasy was.

Then up stepped Neves and told someone to hold his pint.......

Last edited:

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I took great delight in reminding Scott Carson about it when he brought his lad to football training a couple of days later, he did say it was the best goal he had conceded. He holds no grudges as his lad is now in the Academy.

Back
Top Bottom