Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Upcoming Internationals

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, if we have six centre halves I'd have, in no particular order: Maguire, Stones, Tomori, Guehi, White, Coady.

We're all managers though aren't we!

Maguire obviously not in form but he's always been very strong for England. I don't think Mings will be in the squad come later this year.

One question - why pick a man in Harry - who is that bad, he happens to head against his own player!

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder if recent events will have had an effect on Max's international allegiance?
It's possible that he's now set his sights on representing Ukraine on the world stage, rather than England.
Completely understandable.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate and his constant hard on for the bowl cut donkey at Villa is very disturbing to me what the **** does he see in him from a footballing POV as he's proper ****. Konsa and Hause are better that says a lot I don't know one Villa fan who rates Mings.

Feel for Max but knowing how clueless Southgate is he's probably watched his poor performance against Palace game and fell in love with another one of his ex teams player and the love affair continues .

Hazza

Reaction score
Love to be a fly on the wall when Coady comes across Ben White

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman has had two poor recent games (with mitigating circumstances) in an otherwise fantastic season. Maguire and Mings have been pants most of the season. I just don’t get it. Bizarre.
As for Sa not getting in the Portuguese squad, that is ridiculous.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cap locking kilman may not be a priority now considering his two other international options arent available at present. But guehi was born in ivory coast so may be worth a tactical cap
Kilman, having played futsal for England, is already cap locked.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think kilman is a victim of the system as such ......he has proved a excellent defender in our system.....don't think England will play 3 centre backs in the two fixtures......guehi and Ben White have both played well in a back 4.......that's why they are ahead of him in my opinion.......

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised about Kilman tbh,had a slump at worst possible time,as understandable as it is
Quite how Maguire keeps his place is another thing,been awful for a very long time
Sa not making the Portuguese squad is a farce bordering on the criminal

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Kilman should be SACKABLE for Gareth!

OF COURSE - a former Crystal Palace captain would choose a Crystal Palace Centre-Back...

It's really not that deep lad, relax.

Guehi has had a good season in fairness and I think he's come through the English youth system, which they're going to favour.

Kilman probably didn't his chances any good with the West Ham & Palace games. In truth, with everything going on, probably best for Max to have a little break.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Southgate has always had his favourites tbf and players like Pickford and Maguire are garbage at club level but seem to turn up for England.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate has always had his favourites tbf and players like Pickford and Maguire are garbage at club level but seem to turn up for England.
Maguire would probably “turn up” even if not picked!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I don't like Maguire, has he, or Pickford in fairness, ever let Southgate down in a tournament?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I

I'm still not buying that futsal blocks real football caps, I imagine it could be appealed and overturned
I mean he has appealed it and it still ended up with England.

Shame for him, because **** England.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I don't like Maguire, has he, or Pickford in fairness, ever let Southgate down in a tournament?
This isnt a tournament, it is two friendlies, and we wont know if Kilman or Tomori will let Southgate down if they dint get a chance.
We know all about Maguire and Mings so there is nothing to learn. Indeed they might both benefit from the kick up the backside of being dropped
If you perform well over a season in the PL for a top 8 side i think its reasonable to assume that you should get a chance at international level. Form over a season should count more than form in a tournament a season ago.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not, but when Southgate first took the job he made a big point that he wouldn’t fall into old habits of picking the regulars.
He was quite clear that he would pick on form.

But he’s no different to anyone else gone previously, fills the squad with favourites irrespective of form, and throws in the odd wildcard.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking off the gold and black spectacles both White and Guehi deserve to be in the squad before Max.

I don’t think Mings should be though
Agreed, Mings is the poor selection, the other CBs all have their merits. Tomori also desperately unlucky to miss out considering how well he's done at Milan since joining.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isnt a tournament, it is two friendlies, and we wont know if Kilman or Tomori will let Southgate down if they dint get a chance.
We know all about Maguire and Mings so there is nothing to learn. Indeed they might both benefit from the kick up the backside of being dropped
If you perform well over a season in the PL for a top 8 side i think its reasonable to assume that you should get a chance at international level. Form over a season should count more than form in a tournament a season ago.

Maybe, but he trusts & can rely on these players. I get why he goes for them & doesn't want to disrupt that.
Maybe not, but when Southgate first took the job he made a big point that he wouldn’t fall into old habits of picking the regulars.
He was quite clear that he would pick on form.

But he’s no different to anyone else gone previously, fills the squad with favourites irrespective of form, and throws in the odd wildcard.

All managers have their go to guys. Just think these are amongst those for Southgate. He can rely & trusts them.

His jobs the one on the line, so get why he falls back on those.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate and his constant hard on for the bowl cut donkey at Villa is very disturbing to me what the **** does he see in him from a footballing POV as he's proper ****. Konsa and Hause are better that says a lot I don't know one Villa fan who rates Mings.

Feel for Max but knowing how clueless Southgate is he's probably watched his poor performance against Palace game and fell in love with another one of his ex teams player and the love affair continues .
We have some of the best young, skillful, attacking talent in decades just look at the list and then there's Southgate.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All managers have their go to guys. Just think these are amongst those for Southgate. He can rely & trusts them.

His jobs the one on the line, so get why he falls back on those.

But his job will also be on the line if he relies on his (out of form) “go to” guys in place of players in form and the “go to” guys are so out of form and lacking in confidence that they fail in the big test.
Players who are lacking confidence in one scenario are hardly likely t9 be brimming in confidence in the international scenario.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean he has appealed it and it still ended up with England.

Shame for him, because **** England.

So the fact Max appealed a decision locking him in to representing England would lead to the assumption that he's not really fussed about playing for England anyway.
Poor Max hit a bad patch of form at the wrong time ( understandable given the circumstances).

As for Sa, sure unlucky not to be in the squad but its a World cup play off decider, he's not going to be picked to make his debut ahead of Patricio in such a vital game.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the fact Max appealed a decision locking him in to representing England would lead to the assumption that he's not really fussed about playing for England anyway.
Poor Max hit a bad patch of form at the wrong time ( understandable given the circumstances).

As for Sa, sure unlucky not to be in the squad but its a World cup play off decider, he's not going to be picked to make his debut ahead of Patricio in such a vital game.
Re your first para at the time that he appealed l don't imagine that Kilman ever thought that he had a realistic shot at selection by England.

Re your second para l agree.

Back
Top Bottom