Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Gibbs-White could do very well on the right of a narrow front three, and playing between the lines. The question will be the same as it was this season - does he want to stay and compete, or go and be guaranteed to play elsewhere?

If he stays, again, I think he could do well. But he'd be competing with Podence, Neto, Hwang, and possibly Trincao. I think he should stay, dig in, and prove himself. But he may want to move, and if so we'll get good money for him.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wel I'm lookin for players who can mix it in the top six next season. As of now I dont see any of these loaned out players ever achieving the top eschelons. White Sanderson Ronan Corbanu. Cundy Trincao Toti look promising but still far to early to make definitive judgments. Pahlinha Renato Sanchez may sneak us to top six' but I need more. "I Want the World and I Want it Now."
:grinning: :grinning:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be playing next season for us.

Something different to others in the squad, going to be a star.
He's got a certain 'something' about him. A bit of the Podence. He'll try things no one else on the pitch will. They won't always work, but I really like that in a player

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question is does MGW really want to be here … it seems to me he doesn’t… he’d rather be on loan at Sheffield/Swansea/any other Champ club than try to force his way in here

Or he realised after a stop start career to date, the best thing he needs for his development is game time. He's getting that now. Don't think he'd rather be in the Champ one bit, over being here.

I do think he'd rather be playing week in, week out though.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question is does MGW really want to be here … it seems to me he doesn’t… he’d rather be on loan at Sheffield/Swansea/any other Champ club than try to force his way in here
I remember when he scored last season and he was absolutely made up to score for Wolves, like a boyhood dream.

He's exactly what this team is missing, ruining with the ball, neat passes in the last third, great at shielding which shows his new strength. He reminds me a (bit) of Gazza, but with real athleticism.

Of course I would say that as he is Wolves, but I can guarantee that if he wasn't one of ours, we'd be saying: 'I fancy Gibbs-White, been tearing up the Chump this season, do you reckon £20M would get him?'

I think he went on loan to sharpen up and get game time. He's done both. We should give him a try. The problem isn't with him, it's whether we have a place to put him in the system we play next season.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who says he 'doesn't like us'? If he played consistently well he wouldn't be out on loan. He's had plenty of chances but rarely produced the goods. I'm not sure he's a Prem player tbh and perhaps the Champs is his limit? When you look at players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Greenwood (no comments needed), players around his age, who have made an instant impact in the Prem, you have to question if he really has it?
You've just named three £50+ players, is that our berometer for success or fail now?

Anywhere near the performance level of the above then he'll be doing alright

Lycaon

Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens with MGW, currently the blades are knocking on the door of the play-offs so it’s conceivable that if they do go up he’ll be back in the Prem either way if Utd extend his loan into next season but with a much better chance of game time.

I’m sure a decision will have to be made in the summer as his contract runs out in August 2024, obviously, as proved with Adama Wolves don’t like players running their contracts down without a financial return.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a bit of reality .. the Championship is awful this year only 1 decent team in Fulham .. MGW is doing well but the championship is dire .. we need to wait until pre season and see how he does .. the same goes for Sanderson .. my bet is Sanderson will leave as we have Mosquera and Gomes who are both better than Sanderson .. MGW is a difficult one .. if Palhinha arrives (and yes with him moving to Mendes stable I believe he will) Bruno may go to his holding midfielders with Neves and use 2 strikers 2 inverted wingers and fullbacks pushing foward .. Mouts may well leave .. MGW will have to convince Bruno he can be first choice for one of roles .. my bet if we get offer around £20m he will be sold
Can you really see us playing that kind of 442 with inverted wingers?
That is very attacking! I think there would be slightly more chance of a 4231, with a podence or mgw behind a striker, but also dropping deep into midfield at times. This of course would suit mgw.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a bit of reality .. the Championship is awful this year only 1 decent team in Fulham .. MGW is doing well but the championship is dire .. we need to wait until pre season and see how he does .. the same goes for Sanderson .. my bet is Sanderson will leave as we have Mosquera and Gomes who are both better than Sanderson .. MGW is a difficult one .. if Palhinha arrives (and yes with him moving to Mendes stable I believe he will) Bruno may go to his holding midfielders with Neves and use 2 strikers 2 inverted wingers and fullbacks pushing foward .. Mouts may well leave .. MGW will have to convince Bruno he can be first choice for one of roles .. my bet if we get offer around £20m he will be sold

The championship is the same every year. There can only be 20 squads in the premier League. The rest of the players don't drop off a cliff.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Morgan produce an outrageous backheel that resulted in a chance for Sharp

The sort of skill that only someone absolutely brimming with confidence can pull off

He really is arriving in that league, in a similar way Mount did a few seasons ago, and I hope he can kick on with us next season as he did for Chelsea

You’d pay a lot of money for this kid if he wasn’t already ours… you get the feeling his time is coming

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Morgan produce an outrageous backheel that resulted in a chance for Sharp

The sort of skill that only someone absolutely brimming with confidence can pull off

He really is arriving in that league, in a similar way Mount did a few seasons ago, and I hope he can kick on with us next season as he did for Chelsea

You’d pay a lot of money for this kid if he wasn’t already ours… you get the feeling his time is coming
Let’s see how this one plays out, I hope he can come back into the fold next season. We will see

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s see how this one plays out, I hope he can come back into the fold next season. We will see
Or if Sheffield get promoted they offer us £10 mil, which would be interesting to see what Fosun thought? In that scenario I would not be surprised if MGW expressed a desire to move to Bramall lane?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or if Sheffield get promoted they offer us £10 mil, which would be interesting to see what Fosun thought? In that scenario I would not be surprised if MGW expressed a desire to move to Bramall lane?
Probably be more than 10m but most likely if they got promoted

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It strikes me that if Morgan was a Shef U player he would be the kind of player we would be pushing for us to sign.
Nope….we don’t look at Championship players unless they are 16…our fans want proven Internationals….
…..seriously though I’d like MGW to come back whether to take Trincao’s berth with Semedo bombing down the wing or in a No. 10 role.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope….we don’t look at Championship players unless they are 16…our fans want proven Internationals….
…..seriously though I’d like MGW to come back whether to take Trincao’s berth with Semedo bombing down the wing or in a No. 10 role.
At the moment it would look crazy to pay 25 mill for Trincao instead of keeping and playing Morgan.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he comes back willing to accept he won’t be starting every game then we have a player on our hands…. We can’t give him or his dad these assurances we aren’t a championship club. Way better suited than Trincao let’s hope it works out for us on this one!!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment it would look crazy to pay 25 mill for Trincao instead of keeping and playing Morgan.
Agree, but we might get trincao for 10 and sell mgw for 20! Leaving an extra 10 towards strengthening another position.

I think and hope we’ll keep mgw, but either way I do largely trust transfer dealings are done in the clubs and first teams best interest.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, but we might get trincao for 10 and sell mgw for 20! Leaving an extra 10 towards strengthening another position.

I think and hope we’ll keep mgw, but either way I do largely trust transfer dealings are done in the clubs and first teams best interest.
The option we have wih Barca is about 25 mill so if you can get him for 10 uou've got the job. ;):D

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we get an offer of £20m there’s as much chance of someone getting sectioned as of us getting shot

Newcastle in an end of window panic maybe if they really mess up

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moved to his position instead of playing up front and produces a remarkable bit of quality out of nowhere.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact billy sharp is tearing it up with him should tell you all you need to know.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not his greatest fan tbh but watched the last half hour tonight and MGW was pretty good. He seemed to be playing in quite a free, attacking role, moving left and right. They seem to give him a lot of freedom and responsibility and from what I saw he seems to be thriving. I can't think of a recent Wolves player who had that kind of role; we certainly don't have one at the moment. I suppose it depends how Lage sets us up next season and how he wants us to play. I still think if Sheffield get promoted they will bid for MGW and I bet he'll be happy to go there if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom