Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nelson Semedo

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked brilliant going forward today, probably as he had a lot more licence to due to their system.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now we have to hope that Trincao will do as well as Semedo has. I see Trincao slowly getting better.

Sometimes we see Podence over on the right to link up with Semedo and then Podence is back on the left linking up with RAN. Not the best way to use Podence, imo.We need Trincao to be more productive with Semedo……soon, please.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class today can see he is so much more confident with his defensive game this season and with the way Lage likes to defend as he is so much more confident going forward. Looked to go past people today and showed his pace, did well with both goals today...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class today can see he is so much more confident with his defensive game this season and with the way Lage likes to defend as he is so much more confident going forward. Looked to go past people today and showed his pace, did well with both goals today...
I couldn’t believe how quick he was when he really went full pelt.

PTW

Reaction score
I don't know what is the surprise with foreign players coming in and looking better on their second season. Not saying there aren't players who deliver immediately on their first season, ok he wasn't great last season, but beside Neto who was it?

Don't want to go on the blame Nuno again but it seems to me Lage is asking him to do different tasks on the pitch, overall the team defends better as a unit and it gives him more confidence going forward and so on.

One thing I will agree regarding the Doherty vs Nelson comparison is that Doherty was better as a goalscorer, but including all aspects of the game I think Semedo is a better player, even if he wasn't great for Barcelona he still played there, and it's not easy to play there, at least on a technical level.

Not even mentioning the pressure you get, and that 8:2 vs Bayern where Alphonso Davies destroyed him almost destroyed his reputation, not suprised if mentally he wasn't at his best last season. Football isn't played by robots, they are humans.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange, not seeing many of his critics piping up here as much. Odd that.

Class again today. Did brilliant to keep the ball in for the 2nd goal too.
I’ve been a kind of critic (said he’s ok but doesn’t do enough) and I’m more than happy to admit I’ve been won around massively.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been a kind of critic (said he’s ok but doesn’t do enough) and I’m more than happy to admit I’ve been won around massively.
Jesus don't let VAR see this

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This would be a great song for Semedo or Moutinho:

He don't play at the Hawthorns, cos that's where the **** play.
He don't play at St Andrews, cos that's where the Blues play.
He don't play at Villa Park, cos that's where the vile play.
He plays at Molineux, cos he's a Wanderer..
Semedo! Semedo! Semedo!....

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah not good at all. Though he was cack at first but seems to have adapted well and has been one of the most consistent performers this season. Hopefully Jonny picks up where he left off otherwise he will be a big miss.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been superb this season. I never thought it’d be possible after his performances last season, and losing him to injury now, is ****.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Hwang was out with hamstring injury for about six weeks, just depends on how bad the tear is

Last edited:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's Hoever? Injured, Covid or behind Jonny in the pecking order?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nelse is right up there with the best Premier League wing backs in the country without a doubt imo. How many are better than him?

He has been excellent this season and has been unfairly criticised and become a scapegoat when we have lost, especially last season.

Great player and clubman imo.

Last edited:

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How long is he out for?

He has been brilliant for us, really improved since he first arrived, much more solid.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I remember, he wasn't in a flat out sprint when he pulled up, just over stretched I think...so hopefully not serious

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I remember, he wasn't in a flat out sprint when he pulled up, just over stretched I think...so hopefully not serious
He had to be helped by the 2 physio’s when he came off. He couldn’t walk on his own.

Thats usually a bad sign unfortunately.

Hwang was out for about 6 weeks with his hamstring and Mosquera even longer.

Fingers crossed as Nelse is having a great season.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nelse is right up there with the best Premier League wing backs in the country without a doubt imo. How many are better than him?

He has been excellent this season and has been unfairly criticised and become a scapegoat when we have lost, especially last season.

Great player and clubman imo.
Last year he was largely ineffectual.
To use your term as a lesson, “to not be a scapegoat, just play better than ****”

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year he was largely ineffectual.
To use your term as a lesson, “to not be a scapegoat, just play better than ****”

You could have said that about a few of our players last season.

Ok, let’s hear what you have got to say about him this season!

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. Last season he was something of a liability defensively and that side of his game has improved this season. Last season he was mostly ineffective going forward but this season he has improved in that regard as well.

We all know that every team's fans like a scapegoat but if you put in performances like he has this season, then most fans are happy to change their minds. He's certainly half changed my mind but if he could actually have an end product to his forward play, something Traore was endlessly criticised for, then he'd be an even better player.

For me, next to Neves, he's probably been our most consistent performer over the last six games and it's typical that he would get a hamstring injury now.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He. Was a class act from the word go..the difference last season was he had a lazy traore in front of him, , and Coady wouldn't come out of the middle to help him,,,so he was getting overlapped by 2 attackers

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

brilliant player. One of the reasons for our league position.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. Last season he was something of a liability defensively and that side of his game has improved this season. Last season he was mostly ineffective going forward but this season he has improved in that regard as well.

We all know that every team's fans like a scapegoat but if you put in performances like he has this season, then most fans are happy to change their minds. He's certainly half changed my mind but if he could actually have an end product to his forward play, something Traore was endlessly criticised for, then he'd be an even better player.

For me, next to Neves, he's probably been our most consistent performer over the last six games and it's typical that he would get a hamstring injury now.
The whole defence was a liability last season but everybody just singled out semedo.....we was all over the shop but it was all semedo fault... individually and collectively they were all poor....semedo was no worse or better than any of them but took a lot more stick than the rest ..

The biggest difference for me isn't semedo himself it obviously the defence as a whole .....semedo struggled with the long diagonal ball at times last season....the introduction of kilman next to him , has largely cut this out .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom