Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bielsa - shortlist for FIFA coach of the year

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember in the chump when we all laughed at the other clubs saying "see what they do in November in the cold".... no reason.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people on here not watch football generally?

Leeds have had injuries. They will be fine when Ayling, Phillips, Raphinha and Bamford are playing week in, week out.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leeds have had injuries. They will be fine when Ayling, Phillips, Raphinha and Bamford are playing week in, week out.
Raphina has played 7 of 8, Phillips 6 of 8. Bamford and Ayling both 5 of 8, in the cases of the latter two, those were 5 games where they didn’t win a single match.

Hardly an injury crisis or suggesting they’ll make that much of a difference.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally, I am pleased we are playing them at a time when Ayling, Phillips and Bamford are out. Really hoping Raphinha is rusty too. Look at us without Raul- although Bamford isn't in the same class, to lose him is an equivalent blow for them.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do know Phillips & Bamford are still out?

You do know that these been 4 months and a transfer window since your post?

The club and Bielsa knew they were long term injuries and failed to bring in replacements and change their gung-ho style of play despite the clear warning signs that they are sleep walking to relegation

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do know that these been 4 months and a transfer window since your post?

The club and Bielsa knew they were long term injuries and failed to bring in replacements and change their gung-ho style of play despite the clear warning signs that they are sleep walking to relegation
Yes.

They aren't sleepwalking anywhere. They will still stay up in my opinion, if those three players come back when expected (mid-March).

But, yep, they should've done more business. Not sure who's fault that is.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every team has injuries
We've been without our best forward and arguably best wing back all season as well as others.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times, the blokes a complete fraud, a perennial loser. He’s just an Argentinian Dave Bassett, gets players super fit and plays kick and rush.

An absolute fraud of a manager.
And still won’t be interviewed in English.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was embarrassing at the time and it’s even more embarrassing now. Beggars belief the good will this club get in the media. They are basically Blackpool under Holloway except their manager sits on a bucket to look different.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, he is a great coach but his team is bobbins...
Not sure how that works.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And still won’t be interviewed in English.
I’ve got no issue with that. I take exception to the “experts” who think he’s good. He plays a simple style of play and it’s all emperors new clothes. Completely found out because once you’ve worked out how to avoid the way they press they have absolutely nothing.

The blokes won two top flight league titles in a farmer league in 30 years and folks talk like he’s peak Alex Ferguson.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was embarrassing at the time and it’s even more embarrassing now. Beggars belief the good will this club get in the media. They are basically Blackpool under Holloway except their manager sits on a bucket to look different.
Holloway is better!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times, the blokes a complete fraud, a perennial loser. He’s just an Argentinian Dave Bassett, gets players super fit and plays kick and rush.

An absolute fraud of a manager.
It’s been infuriating. TalkSPORT even made a documentary about him which was a 2 hour circle jerk from any football “expert” they could get their hands on. This all stems from Pep saying he was a good coach.

A quick Google shows that he’s won nothing of note and achieved nothing of note in his entire career.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been infuriating. TalkSPORT even made a documentary about him which was a 2 hour circle jerk from any football “expert” they could get their hands on. This all stems from Pep saying he was a good coach.

A quick Google shows that he’s won nothing of note and achieved nothing of note in his entire career.
Massive football cliche but if his name was Bob Smith from Bristol no one would care.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive football cliche but if his name was Bob Smith from Bristol no one would care.
At least, hopefully, he could communicate in the language of the country that employs him after 4 fracking years.

Sorry wanted to get that of my chest, and I used your post. I'm manipulative that way.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was Einsteins theory of insanity again?
Yet Bruno gets very little praise for seeing things were not right after 3 games and making changes

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, to clarify, a fraud can get as many points as our best effort in 40 years right? A fraud can win the championship as well right?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bielsa deserves credit for essentially being the guy who started the high pressing style of football we see employed by top teams today. Coaches adopted then adapted his philosophy and the game has left him behind, his response hasn't been to adapt, it's been to double down and now him and his side are running on empty

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is true. Once those lot are playing week in week out, they will be fine.

Mind you, they will be playing Albion, Stoke and Wycombe.

Back
Top Bottom