Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if your colleague jumped off a cliff would you? Barcelona signed legal documents agreeing to pay Dembele a large salary. Through no fault of his, they have over reached and are now coming with a begging bowl in one hand and the other handing out more contracts! He's absolutely right to tell them to do one. The mad thing is they think they can just instruct him to leave and he'll be gone. Someone is going to have to match his existing salary, if not he's totally justified in picking up his salary and seeing out his contract.

Adama on the other hand has longer on his contract, and is asking to be made one of our top earners, when he's not even a guaranteed starter.

There is nothing even vaguely similar between these two situations
Maybe Barca's stance on Dembele is a signal to the rest of the market that their wage structure is not sutainable at the level it was and that players are going to have to acknowledge that ? (The players who took voluntary pay cuts also had legal contracts entitling them to full payment). I agree that if he's got any sense he'll sit in the stands for 6 months and then choose his next destination.
As for Traore, what makes him think that as a non-starting player he merits being one of our top earners ? His agent presumably has a deluded view of his significance to the club.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Demanding over 500k a week is ridiculous

When clubs are paying £200m in transfer fees, £25m a year doesn't seem particularly insane to me for one of the greatest players of all time. If the money doesn't get paid out in salary to the top stars, who should get it instead, club owners?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When clubs are paying £200m in transfer fees, £25m a year doesn't seem particularly insane to me for one of the greatest players of all time. If the money doesn't get paid out in salary to the top stars, who should get it instead, club owners?
Point taken but it’s greed you could understand maybe to a point if they was cash rich club. They are up to the eye balls in debt and messi’s wages and the silly wage structure they have all contributed..

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Demanding over 500k a week is ridiculous
If he doesn't get the money... who does? The owners.

The notion that sports players are paid too much... when nothing would change for the fans, and the owner pocketing all the money, has always been a weird argument to me.

And is $26M really that ridiculous? Some MLB players make $40M+.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Messi was the star for many years. His own greed helped ruin the club he loves.
A bit harsh as his dad did all the negotiation since he was 10 years old….also got a prison sentence for evading taxes. My point is that Spanish environment is very difficult to understand.Residents pay taxes on their world wide income regardless of where it was earned ….Shakira stayed more than six months in Barcelona to have a baby with her partner Nelson Piquet and ended up owing millions in taxes..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The signing of Chiquinho has probably put us in a stronger, more relaxed position with the Adama situation. We will be prepared to wait until the last minute knowing we have a replacement in already and will also, presumably, have a loan back to Estoril already lined up for him in case Adama stays.

The only issue will be if we are relying on the money to sign elsewhere.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
A bit harsh as his dad did all the negotiation since he was 10 years old….also got a prison sentence for evading taxes. My point is that Spanish environment is very difficult to understand.Residents pay taxes on their world wide income regardless of where it was earned ….Shakira stayed more than six months in Barcelona to have a baby with her partner Nelson Piquet and ended up owing millions in taxes..
Wonder if Gerard Pique knows that his missus had a baby with a 70 year old, former F1 driver? :tearsofjoy: He'll be ragin' if he reads this forum and finds out!

Lycaon

Reaction score
Perhaps Levy had to put in a firm offer just to appease the Spuds fanbase regardless of what Wolves are looking for?

This is on the back of apparently sanctioning £200 mil for Conte to spend on transfers!

Personally I think Conte will walk in the not too distant future?!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Levy had to put in a firm offer just to appease the Spuds fanbase regardless of what Wolves are looking for?

This is on the back of apparently sanctioning £200 mil for Conte to spend on transfers!

Personally I think Conte will walk in the not too distant future?!
I think it’s funny. Spurs and other clubs think we have no money… That isn’t true. We have money. However we are going to use the money we sell players to reinvest.

Levy has put spurs over 1.2bn in debt yet they can’t afford an extra 5/10m? Can you imagine the interest on 1.2bn. Spurs will crash and burn within 5 years. Near to 100m in interest 1bn per year at 10%. Lol they are finished

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point taken but it’s greed you could understand maybe to a point if they was cash rich club. They are up to the eye balls in debt and messi’s wages and the silly wage structure they have all contributed..
Oh yes it’s all very much their fault. The silly wage structure being the main thing.
Messi is perfectly entitled to ask for half a mil a week…if they wanted to keep him, they paid it, which they did.
However, when their other starters came knocking and said, ‘oy, he’s on more than double what I’m getting, bout time I had a raise’, then the answer should have been ‘when you’re half the player he is, you can think about half the wage’.
As soon as Xavi and Iniesta retired/moved, there was only Messi that was irreplaceable, but they treated most of the first team the same and paid them accordingly….along with all the new signings, as precedent was set.

Slightly more difficult argument in the last couple of years, but before that, he was head and shoulders above any player in the world bar one, consistently, year upon year, constantly winning games for them. He should have been the exception, not the benchmark for the wage structure.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s funny. Spurs and other clubs think we have no money… That isn’t true. We have money. However we are going to use the money we sell players to reinvest.

Levy has put spurs over 1.2bn in debt yet they can’t afford an extra 5/10m? Can you imagine the interest on 1.2bn. Spurs will crash and burn within 5 years. Near to 100m in interest 1bn per year at 10%. Lol they are finished
From what I’ve seen previously the debt on the loans against the stadium is about £850m. Spurs have to pay back about £37m per year however the Matchday revenue has jumped from c£45m per year to £100m per year so the repayments are well covered

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Barca's stance on Dembele is a signal to the rest of the market that their wage structure is not sutainable at the level it was and that players are going to have to acknowledge that ? (The players who took voluntary pay cuts also had legal contracts entitling them to full payment). I agree that if he's got any sense he'll sit in the stands for 6 months and then choose his next destination.
As for Traore, what makes him think that as a non-starting player he merits being one of our top earners ? His agent presumably has a deluded view of his significance to the club.
I dont disagree that Barca are trying to send a message. Traores agent isn't deluded about how much he can get though, it just won't be from Wolves. He doesn't care though as that will get him a bigger cheque with the signing bonus. I think Dembele will struggle to find anyone willing to pay him £287k per week

Coops

Reaction score
Leonardo Campana has gone to inter Miami. No noises from the club but has he been sold fully or another loan?

Think he was at grasshoppers

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Leonardo Campana has gone to inter Miami. No noises from the club but has he been sold fully or another loan?

Think he was at grasshoppers

It’s a loan until the end of 2022. There’s an option to buy too.

Coops

Reaction score

It’s a loan until the end of 2022. There’s an option to buy too.
Cheers Jade. Saw Leo’s instagram post and nout was up at the time!

Edit: for those that haven’t seen it’s pretty over the top for a player of his quality!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CY9g0Xgh2Ve/?utm_medium=copy_link

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently spurs have made an offer of 15m for Adama. It’s been rejected. That’s what I’ve been told by a spurs supporting mate.
Come on, that was 3 hours ago where have you been!!

Apparently there’s some sort of virus going around too, they reckon it could cause a few issues but I’ve not heard much about it. :p

Back
Top Bottom