Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nelson Semedo

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In comparison with the likes of Shaw and Wan Bissaka he's a bargain !
Cancelo took more than a year to settle at Man City but is showing his value now, they don't all hit the ground running.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Semedo had a great game today. He's really grown into the team over the last year. Today he was strong in defence and brilliant down the lines. Plus the goal.
Ok, never worth what we paid, but not so far off.
He’s been better, but still not convinced he's offering what Doherty did down that side.

As for yesterday, good to see him get a goal, but let’s not go overboard when we were playing a team from a lower division. If he can recreate the performance on Saturday then that’ll be worthy of more praise.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s been better, but still not convinced he's offering what Doherty did down that side.

As for yesterday, good to see him get a goal, but let’s not go overboard when we were playing a team from a lower division. If he can recreate the performance on Saturday then that’ll be worthy of more praise.
I'd be happy with Semedo recreating the performance he had against ManUre, a premier league team.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Well I'd say no way Doc gets on the end of that RAN pass, absolutely flew 50 yards to get on the end of it. Also when we lost the ball in attack, Semedo was always first back in position to make a challenge. That's not a criticism of Doc, he's just not as good, quick or athletic as Semedo.

T

TheConcourse

And there it is: “okay, never worth what we paid.”

Funny ain’t it? Against United we attacked and he was up there as one of the players on the pitch. Yesterday we attacked and he was up there with one of the best players on the pitch.

When I look across the league and see WB’s who are going for £30, £40, £50m - you realise that it’s about right. There might be a few million swing being harsh. I mean Doherty hasn’t played, and he’s valued at £15m.

I’m going to die on this hill: if this team continues playing attacking football we’ve got one of the top 10 WB’s in the league in Nelson.

Quality player, still being haunted by one rash challenge against Villa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I'd say no way Doc gets on the end of that RAN pass, absolutely flew 50 yards to get on the end of it. Also when we lost the ball in attack, Semedo was always first back in position to make a challenge. That's not a criticism of Doc, he's just not as good, quick or athletic as Semedo.
Bull****. The disrespect of Doherty is just ridiculous.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may have missed one in between, but I think yesterday was our first wing-back to wing-back goal since Jonny teed up Doherty in a 3-1 win against Arsenal on 24th April 2019!

D

Deleted member yltz11841

In comparison with the likes of Shaw and Wan Bissaka he's a bargain !
Cancelo took more than a year to settle at Man City but is showing his value now, they don't all hit the ground running.
Spot on about Cancelo, there were rumours of him leaving City after the first 12 months as he was poor (and that’s in the city side) now he looks excellent.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bull****. The disrespect of Doherty is just ridiculous.

You say bull**** then show a clip of Doc ambling up the pitch, Semedo was traveling at twice that pace yesterday.
There is no disrespect from me, I liked Doc, Nuno turned him into a really effective player, but imo his performances had started to drop and it was time for a change, no player goes on forever and Doc wanted the move.
Semedo is just a better allround player now, he still needs to improve, I was not convinced when he first came but I would say he's a really good defender, he needs to up his game going forward, hopefully yesterday is the start of that.

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Semedo reminds me of when I used to play football manager and there would always be one player who would score a 7/10 or 8/10 every single week.

One of the most consistent players we have, never puts a foot wrong and is a real outlet for us going forward.

fleck1

Reaction score
I cant believe there is a Doc vs Nelson debate, surely anyone who's been watching this season now he's settled he's levels above. Quick, strong, great feet and he's been solid in defence all season. Doc had a fantastic couple of seasons after promotion as they all did and was a great servant but Nelson is a clear and obvious upgrade.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty was excellent at running into pockets of space to receive the ball and his end product was decent as well, but it would feel like a backwards step if he were to return; I doubt it is going to happen anyway.
Semedo has really improved this season, I hope that we can hang on to him.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never understood the overt criticism of Semedo.
He's a class act and is now really proving to be the real deal.
We are VERY lucky to have him on board.
It really is time we stopped criticising our recruitment team and realised that they do know what they're doing and can be trusted BIG TIME!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I bet you are a great laugh at a party

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Doherty in the cold light of day, his time at Spurs has been a disaster for him and even in games where he has been given a chance (last cup games) he has looked pretty awful. If it were not for the fact he has played for us before, we wouldn't be entertaining signing him as he is now nearly thirty and looks shot to pieces.

Many people said, when he left Wolves, that he would struggle to play in a four and it seems this was right. The long term belief is that Bruno wants to play as a four man defence so this further negates why resigning him would make any sort of sense. In my view we remember and thank Matt for the good times (of which there were many) and move on.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He can't do much more than be one of the best players on the pitch away at Old Trafford. He's in very good form at the moment.

I'm sure if he plays well on Sat it will be 'it's only Southampton, their left side is rubbish!'

T

TheConcourse

You’re measuring him against Doherty’s stats. 4 goals and 8 assists across two seasons in the PL.

Semedo is far better all-round player in a team that’s struggled to score goals with a #9 bang out of form and without the likes of Jota in the side. Doherty had the luxury of a forward line who were on it. And an in-form Adama. Semedo hasn’t had that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On average probably our best player this season,consistently 7/8 out of 10
I liked him right from the off,even with his few mistakes early doors
He had little to no protection at that time, no cover from the forwards or midfield and often faced with 2/3 attackers
That and in a team that were not very good in most games last season and playing ultra defensive poorly
This season he has improved no end ,and with Kilman giving him more confidence to go forward more he is blossoming
If he could add a couple more goals/assists to his game he would be worth far more than we paid for him,which i think was a decent deal anyway

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second name on the team sheet for me.

I would start with Sa, then Semedo, then Kilman, then Coady, then Saiss, then Marcal. It's just the way I roll! :)

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the criticisms of Semedo last season were mostly because he made too many costly mistakes, and because he offered little in the final third. He has worked on the former and now looks a lot more solid. Now, we want to see more of what he did against Sheffield United. Overall, I'd say he's one of the bigger improvements from last season's squad.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need the Doc back at Wolves as Nelson has proven now that he is a definite upgrade on our former RWB!

Nelson Semedo 8 Rating Agreed!
The right wing-back was involved in both Wolves goals in his latest impressive showing. Semedo was a constant threat down the right and rarely gave possession away.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting better and better with every performance. His attacking play also improving which is good to see

Back
Top Bottom