Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite EVER Wolves picture

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might have been Colin's first game as a Football League manager though?

Possibly, I don’t fully listen to the BBC.

He did mention that a drink can full of sand nearly hit him when Graham Turner and he tried to calm things down

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll have a go at naming that squad.

Season : 71-72 ?

Back Row : Hugh Curran, Peter Eastoe (?), John Oldfield, Frank Munro, Phil Parkes, Dave Woodfield, Danny Hegan
Middle Row : dont know, Bernard Shaw, Derek Jefferson (?), Bobby Gould, John Richards, John McAlle, Kenny Hibbitt, Sammy Chung (and his iconic tracksuit)
Front Row : Derek Dougan, Dave Wagstaffe, John Farley (?), Mike Bailey, Jim McAlliog, Gerry Taylor, Derek Parkin

Corrections welcome and who is on the middle row on the left?

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one of my most favourite goals ever:

Raul-jimenez-gol-vs-liverpool.jpg

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
out of all the great action and celebratory shots out there i have to choose the following...
View attachment 24853

....as this is is what got me following wolves. Shame his career was drastically short, but he can hold his head high in my books.
My first Wolves hero.
What would have been but for those two dreadful injuries he suffered.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
I'll have a go at naming that squad.

Season : 71-72 ?

Back Row : Hugh Curran, Peter Eastoe (?), John Oldfield, Frank Munro, Phil Parkes, Dave Woodfield, Danny Hegan
Middle Row : dont know, Bernard Shaw, Derek Jefferson (?), Bobby Gould, John Richards, John McAlle, Kenny Hibbitt, Sammy Chung (and his iconic tracksuit)
Front Row : Derek Dougan, Dave Wagstaffe, John Farley (?), Mike Bailey, Jim McAlliog, Gerry Taylor, Derek Parkin

Corrections welcome and who is on the middle row on the left?
Back left is Bertie Lutton (not Eastoe)
Next to Waggy is Mike O’Grady (not John Farley)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The guy between Bernard Shaw and Bobby Gould is Paul Walker ,he didn’t play too often. Back in the nineties I got in a taxi in Leeds and the driver said he used to play for the Wolves and was somewhat surprised when I said I remember him and actually saw him play .

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy between Bernard Shaw and Bobby Gould is Paul Walker ,he didn’t play too often. Back in the nineties I got in a taxi in Leeds and the driver said he used to play for the Wolves and was somewhat surprised when I said I remember him and actually saw him play .
always remember him being assaulted by the flying pig at liverpool
and the ref doing nothing

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neil Edwards. Didn't play much as he got injured, i forget who against, then when over that some other tosspiece broke him again. Mutch and Bull had arrived by the time he was back so that was the end of that.
I watched most of his games for us and he was a class above most of his team-mates in our Division 3 season on the way to the 4th (although that doesn't say much)! We signed him from Kingswinford I think for peanuts on the Thursday before our first game of the season at Brentford away (we signed John Purdie as well at the same time) and both went into the side given that we had no one else ; we were very short of players as it was touch and go whether we would go into liquidation that summer. We had also sacked Ray Hankin for being (very) overweight. It was Walsall (at home) where he got clattered and injured and he was barely seen again.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neil Edwards. Didn't play much as he got injured, i forget who against, then when over that some other tosspiece broke him again. Mutch and Bull had arrived by the time he was back so that was the end of that.
I know his brother well as he lives in the village next to mine and we sometimes meet up to watch the TV games. I think one of the injuries was a result of a bad tackle by an ex-WBA player playing for Walsall?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw Neil, I immediately thought of the other Neil, Neil Masters, who did not get much game time through injury.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit of an odd choice but I remember it sticking in my head. Raul turning up at Compton to meet the lads for the first time after his surgery

View attachment 24791

Adore this picture. Regardless of your stance on Adamas value to our team on the pitch there is no question off it.

Pure love and relief on show for his brother. Thats part of being a pack.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know his brother well as he lives in the village next to mine and we sometimes meet up to watch the TV games. I think one of the injuries was a result of a bad tackle by an ex-WBA player playing for Walsall?
Cousins of mine, though for a few reasons, mainly me being a a bit of a **** in my youth, haven't seen or spoken to them in many a year.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was Steve Daley.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, I was thinking it was an ex-WBA player. I don't know if that makes it worse...
I know. They went on to play together for Kettering and become mates.
Edwards seemed to accept that clattering someone on the half way line was just part of the game then.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know. They went on to play together for Kettering and become mates.
Edwards seemed to accept that clattering someone on the half way line was just part of the game then.
It was definitely a different game then and I'm sure at that time the old 'uns would have said the game was soft compared to their days.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
out of all the great action and celebratory shots out there i have to choose the following...
View attachment 24853

....as this is is what got me following wolves. Shame his career was drastically short, but he can hold his head high in my books.
My first Wolves hero.
Same here, my first Wolves hero too. Loved the guy in the short time he played before injury. First striker id seen at Wolves in my short time of watching them who actually scored regular. My real first number nine.

R

reanswolf

I watched most of his games for us and he was a class above most of his team-mates in our Division 3 season on the way to the 4th (although that doesn't say much)! We signed him from Kingswinford I think for peanuts on the Thursday before our first game of the season at Brentford away (we signed John Purdie as well at the same time) and both went into the side given that we had no one else ; we were very short of players as it was touch and go whether we would go into liquidation that summer. We had also sacked Ray Hankin for being (very) overweight. It was Walsall (at home) where he got clattered and injured and he was barely seen again.
I remember that Brentford away game, particularly as 2 Wolves fans had their Staffy dogs on the terrace.
Funny the unimportant little things you remember.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 24853

My first Wolves hero.
Back in the day my son sponsored his kit in the programme (at my expense as he was aged about 10).

optimuswolf

Reaction score
3 posts so far, and despite us having our best side in 40 years, they all contain the same bloke from nigh on 30 years ago.
Not surprising though. We support the club for the legends, and they're few and far between.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not surprising though. We support the club for the legends, and they're few and far between.
Talking of legends I am trying to think of which of our Managers asked/suggested for the framed photographs of the legends of the 50’s be removed in the areas beneath the Waterloo Rd stand .I remember there was a story and he said something like ‘the current players don’t need the reminder ,they should be making their own history’

Back
Top Bottom