Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brentford verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst performance since Burnley. No shots on target against a newly promoted side with 10 men for the last half hour is unacceptable. We simply cannot defend against strong target men. Coady is a paper captain: great talker until the going gets tough. Toney destroyed him and he hid away when we needed him most. Saiss gives us his periodic reminder that he is not good enough, and must be dropped for Boly.

The utter failure that was the Summer transfer window coming into focus again. Just to think we could've had Botman at the back for us today.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Awful game, first bad performance from us this season however not to score against a 10 man Brentford with six forwards on is ridiculous or even muster a shot on target.

Give raul a sub role and start with hwang for a few games see how he does of the best, get Boly back in the team, maybe even put dendoncker in midfield for a few games and maybe rotate podence and trincao.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi has ****ed it.

Bruno hasn't been backed.
Still the same **** poor back line.

Penalty and ensuing madness aside, Brentford didn't do anything all game.

We just don't have the players to cope with these sort of physical matches, and that's been the same story for the past 4 years.

Sort the ****ing recruitment out.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do you even start? I can’t think of any real positives. On that evidence I think we have a lot to be worried about. An embarrassing and infuriating day. I’m just glad the pubs are open

if you’d have told me at the back end of last season we’d be starting games this season with Saiss, Coady and Moutinho I’d have thought you were nuts. I fully expected we’d bring in some quality

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Entirely self-inflicted.

No idea what Marcal was thinking. No idea why Kilman felt the need to go to ground.

After that we were chasing the game.

The lack of creativity in the final third is worrying.

Brentford's gamesmanship was highly irritating.

Somewhere there is a parallel universe where just a few of our chances in the first three games went in and we're comfortably in the top four and chalking this off as a first defeat and a bad day at the office.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No clue in the final third, it’s been the same since Raul got injured. Moutinho slows down play too much.

Nothing has changed really.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fuming. When I’m ****ed I lash out so here goes **** the response Marcal you are a total ****. The penalty changed the game totally and it was so ****ing needless. No shots on target shot shy ****

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it gets any worse than that performance today. Disgracefully poor, not one player comes out of that with any credit at all. We can't score with 7 attackers on the pitch against 10 men, and we can't keep clean sheets with a back five. It does not bode well at all.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
Too many missing today. An absolute joke piece of defending from Marcel to start it off. Moutinio semedo trincao coady kilmen. Neves and Adama thats pretty much all we had in the starting 11. Podence and hwang look good and must start. moutinio is finished in the PREM !

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Barring traore and neves who actually looked like they wanted to play that was an embarrassment. The rest treated like some sort of practice game.

On top of that a ref with absolutely no control of the game who frankly should be removed from officiating, this doesn't excuse the team, this is just as a sporting event.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are regressing. I would take 17th right now.

That game was a ****ing shambles. Us, the ref, Brentford players, everything about that game was a steaming pot of ****.

CB, CM, Striker. So ****ing obvious what we needed in the window. We have no spine, literally and figuratively.

If I was Lage I would bench Coady and go four at the back. I mean it looks like he'll be getting the sack anyway, so might as well stick to your principles. Otherwise its Nunoball without the defensive nouse and certain relegation.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring traore and neves who actually looked like they wanted to play that was an embarrassment. The rest treated like some sort of practice game.

On top of that a ref with absolutely no control of the game who frankly should be removed from officiating, this doesn't excuse the team, this is just as a sporting event.

I agree Bod, players turned up expecting a free hit and for Brentford to roll over.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relegation stuff. No real plus points. Crowd very patient but that will wear thin soon
I’m afraid the **** transfer window will cost us dear come May as I just don’t see enough goals to keep us up

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentfords record going back to last season was good, i do think people underestimated them, it was always going to be a tricky game. Looked as though Bruno and the players went into the game expecting to dominate them.
Coady struggles against powerful forwards, really the whole defence was rattled. Realy frustrating we didn't do more in the window to strengthen at the back.
Our first really poor performance of the season so lets not go overboard.
Jimenez looked off the pace again, its becoming a problem but might be trying too hard more than anything.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What summed it up for me was when they played on after the big offside against Hwang. Even with Brentford not really playing we couldn't get it in the net.

At least you can't accuse Bruno of playing it safe with his substitutions. Hopefully that is our stinker of the season out the way.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still have lots of confidence in Bruno. I feel for the guy at the moment.

I really think players performances and individual errors are letting him down at the moment + he wasn't backed in the summer.

My criticism of him is sticking with Raul, when he's clearly not back to his normal self. Start Hwang.

There's too many players who were off it today: Coady, Saiss, Marcals stupid wrestling. I thought Neves was pretty poor. Made lots of mistakes, gave the ball away on multiple occasions in dangerous positions.

Big big improvement needed for next game.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 3. Clearly not done research on pens. Why are you diving so early against toney. Then clumsy throughout

marcal 0. Terrible going forward and a disgrace for the goal.

saiss 0 . Disgrace

coady 0. Disgrace . Embarrassment to the centre back position

kilman 5. Best of a bad bunch. Out of position rcb so something like this was always going to happen

Semedo 5. Didn’t offer anytging

Neves 5. Our only midfielder . Tried but a lot of mistakes

moutinho 0. Disgraceful corners . Needs dropping . Complete waste of space

Trincao 3 . Poor perfornance

traore 5. Extra 2 than Trincao for putting in one good ball.

Jimenez 3. Should have scored the header . Dreadful first half . Improved second

hwang 7. Bright player

podence 6. Not enough time . Should have been brought on at half time

Referee - 0 . It gets worse . I don’t know how , but it has . Embarrasing the whole match.

BrentFord - 5 . Toney and mbuemo are fantastic. The rest are a bunch of cheats

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Absolutely infuriating. Actually started the game with good intent but a moment of absolute lunacy from Marcal completely changed the dynamic. We lost our heads and Brentford, lead by the brilliant Ivan Toney, put the game out of sight.

Unfortunately, today exposed the areas we all knew hadn’t been addressed properly in the transfer window.

Back three were collectively a shambles (in contrast to Ajer, Janssen and Pinnock who were great). Neves and Moutinho uncharacteristically sloppy and the front three shown up by Toney and Mwembo

Adama our only consistent threat and his delivery was erratic (yet still miles better than Raul’s and Trincao’s). Still hit the bar and should have had two assists from Raul’s header and nobody gambling when he dinked the ball over the keeper. Others simply have to step up to the plate and produce something. Thought Podence and Hwang looked bright and must be pushing for starts.

Sa 5
Kilman 5
Coady 4
Saiss 4
Semedo 5
Neves 5
Moutinho 5
Marcal 4
Traore 6
Raul 5
Trincao 5

Hwang 6
Podence 6
Silva N/A

Having said all that, it is our first poor performance out of five so we don’t need to overreact and change everything.

Next league game, I’d bring in Ait-Nouri for Marcal, Boly for Saiss and Dendoncker for Moutinho.

Sa
Kilman, Coady, Boly
Semedo, Dendoncker, Neves, Ait-Nouri
Trincao, Raul, Traore

What a ****ty start to the weekend.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor performance but not take anything away from that fact the officials were awful totally inept and Brentford theatrics were absolutely disgraceful Frank is shameless dosser and not just in appearance.

The moral of today's story was stop Traore and you stop Wolves.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A severe lack of energy, intensity and urgency to our play from start to finish, when you don't apply yourself to the max you are prone to errors - we made two of them and were punished accordingly.

I am interested to hear what Bruno has to say, that's our first "flat" performance under him (although first half last week had similar signs) - unless the trainers have them going through a heavy workload at training this was a very worrying performance, most of the squad looked like they had ran a marathon before the match this morning.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One question though. A general one. Why do we always seem to struggle with getting hold of decent strikers? We had Jimenez for a while but he's just not at it at the moment. Apart from that?

Is it just me that thinks we seem to find the actual business of scoring goals historically very difficult compared to everyone else?

Everyone else seems to be able to manage it without too much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom