Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we hang on to Neves and Traore...... Great. What must they be thinking tonight....... Bet they can't wait to leave a club that can't attract decent footballers. Both now play for a penny pinching tinpot approach relegation threatened club.
Only for one more year though.

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Both players play in France for teams that have needed to raise capital from the beginning of the window.

Initiating negotiations with our primary targets so late in the window left us with almost no time to pivot and go after new targets.

I don't disagree that the club's involved were a nightmare by changing terms. However, we gave up a lot of power by leaving everything so late.
One player didn’t want to sign for wolves the other the club moved the goal posts

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off it’s clearly stating that expecting a 35 year old to play every single game cups, league the lot over a whole season for a high tempo manager is realistic not slagging him off for **** sake.
I think @Kebab Warrior meant abusing as in misusing or mistreating not as in insulting. A simple linguistics misunderstanding.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Clearly they WANTED to sell one of them.

Means no ambition, we aren’t trying to build, we aren’t trying to win things. Sell your best player every year, get the delicious gestufute money and rinse & repeat.

No sporting merit, no attempt to win.

Project is bull****.
Selling to buy is fine, but you have actually know you can do it and most importantly not have to actually shop your players around. It's clear Neves and Traore aren't rated anywhere near as highly as thought (just an objective fact) so that screwed our window.

They expected United to come in for Neves and Spurs for Traore then they would refresh with Palhinha, Guedes, 1 more CM and 1 more CB.

It failed and they had no plan B

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Doubt Lage will stick about to be the fall guy like they tried to make him be at Benfica if things go south. As others pointed out it's time to a sporting director who's got contacts and knows how to sort this stuff out. Either that or the board come forward and explain exactly what's gone so wrong and how they will resolve this. I mean I'd have even took a back up cm and Moore as atleast patching up the weak areas. The manager now cant even work towards transitioning to his favoured formation.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I asked for assuncao in June will inevitable.go for a top side next summer if he continues playing well
Yep, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him. Maybe Mendes has got him pencilled in to move to Sporting when Nunes or Palhinha move on I say only half-joking.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving from Fosun bum boy through to disenchanted and soon to full on raging. I could stomach the no spend - but why bin Otasowie and MGW? It’s idiocy, plain idiocy.
If the Sanches deal is off cos he’s so injured WHY IN GOD’S NAME PURSUE HIM AT ALL.

RAGGGGE
I’m sure they’ll be the usual Fosun bum lickers on soon to tell us how entitled we are and how we should be grateful that the teams scored 33 goals in 39 games, while prices are going through the roof.

Coops

Reaction score
**** off it’s clearly stating that expecting a 35 year old to play every single game, cups, league the lot over a whole season for a high tempo manager is realistic not slagging him off for **** sake.
which makes us being in for keiffer moore even more bizzare.

We're not in europe, we have the EFL cup, FA cup and EPL to be involved in, any of which we can suddenly drop out of and we have R9, Fabio and now Hwang who can play in those roles - what was our final day plan even about? 2 for each spot was the aim but suddenly clamouring for Keiffer seems off to me.

Coops

Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll be the usual Fosun bum lickers on soon to tell us how entitled we are and how we should be grateful that the teams scored 33 goals in 39 games.
I was a big promoter (maybe not quite a bum licker....) but i am questioning their process here.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The spin starts!

We rejected a £30m bid for Traore yesterday, the Athletic have just revealed.

Erm, obviously we did in a market where Dan James costs £25-30m. But why's it come out now? We all know why. Bull****, **** off with this **** Jeff.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll be the usual Fosun bum lickers on soon to tell us how entitled we are and how we should be grateful that the teams scored 33 goals in 39 games.

I don’t think so. I think they’ve ****ed off a lot of previously supportive fans now. Both on here, and more generally. The honeymoon is over.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll be the usual Fosun bum lickers on soon to tell us how entitled we are and how we should be grateful that the teams scored 33 goals in 39 games, while prices are going through the roof.
I was that bum licker.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I can't face another 30-odd minutes of increasingly desperate hope.

What a ****-up as far as the central midfield is concerned.

I can live with central defence not being perfect, because we're not shipping them;

I can live with the lack of goals, because I think we can sort that;

but to start the season with Mouts, Donk, Neves, OO, MGW and potentially Vitinha and then to (apparently) end the window having been left with the first 3 only, well it's beyond a joke.

In fact it's just plain stupid.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off it’s clearly stating that expecting a 35 year old to play every single game, cups, league the lot over a whole season for a high tempo manager is realistic not slagging him off for **** sake.

I think he is saying the club is abusing Moutinho by expecting play Bruno ball for a full season.
He is not knocking the fans.

Back
Top Bottom