Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player but not sure he fits in a midfield 2. But if we get a CB that can play with Kilman/Boly in a 4 then he may fit in a 433/4231. Any swab deal with Neves can't be entertained. A loan wouldn't be bad necessarily if we can't find sufficient quality CMs.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is another issue with Jiménez, and yesterday's game was an example of this.

How much time is he actually in a number 9 position?

He is often more at the edge of the box, or back deeper in midfield.
This is absolutely not a criticism, he does so much for the team in getting moves going, and creating attacking situations. But if we had the profile of CM that everyone seems to agree that we need, then maybe he could spend more time in a more poaching position, and be the one taking the shots, and not Traoré, or Trincão, etc.
There is another issue with Jiménez, and yesterday's game was an example of this.

How much time is he actually in a number 9 position?

He is often more at the edge of the box, or back deeper in midfield.
This is absolutely not a criticism, he does so much for the team in getting moves going, and creating attacking situations. But if we had the profile of CM that everyone seems to agree that we need, then maybe he could spend more time in a more poaching position, and be the one taking the shots, and not Traoré, or Trincão, etc.
This is exactly the point Ian Wright made on MOTD after the Spurs game.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting to look more and more likely that Saiss and/or Coady will be backup defensive midfielders.

Hope not but, if they are, we know we'll get 100% commitment from them.

(trying to find a positive, Mixers)
MGW is a midfielder. In fact when people describe the kind of midfielder they think we need they pretty much describe him (different to what we’ve got, energetic, creative, goal threat). People just crave something shiny and new.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
The problem will be that Man United will want a straight loan, it will very likely be a loan with no future transfer agreed. Do we want to be developing a Man United player?

Normally I would say no, but DVB would be exactly what we're looking for. Attacking midfielder who does his best work in the final third of the field.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan with an option for VDB might suit both parties. He also needs to play football for his international career. I imagine his wages would be a barrier though.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy read the article wrong unfortunately. It's saying that Utd are looking to sell Van de Beek before the window closes and in the same article also also mentions Utd's interest in Neves among their choices for a DM should they get one.

Nowhere does it link us to VdB, he's just read it wrong and put two and two together.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we are signing another man city kid for the u23s. Scott Sellars influence again ... https://www.instagram.com/p/CTM-yk1NGr8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

What's that Moulden, Hodge and this guy in the same window. We have had others in the past few years too.
And Marvin Kaleta came from there this summer.

No problem with these signings or the fact that they are all from Man City. Like Chelsea, they Hoover up lots of talent and have a really good academy so if we can pick up a few who are decent then great. Maybe they won’t make the 1st team ever but if we can develop them and move them on for future profit then that’s continuing our academy development from a self financing point of view which hopefully will be ploughed back into further/better youth recruitment and so the cycle continues

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is a midfielder. In fact when people describe the kind of midfielder they think we need they pretty much describe him (different to what we’ve got, energetic, creative, goal threat). People just crave something shiny and new.
I'd like to see MGW being given more than 5 minutes at the end of games. I would say he had arguably the best pre-season of anyone in the squad, he looked up for it for sure. Bruno says he is part of the first team but he isnt using him.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A loan with an option for VDB might suit both parties. He also needs to play football for his international career. I imagine his wages would be a barrier though.
He was on the bench watching us absolutely batter his team for 90 mins yesterday. At this point, he probs hates UTD More than anyone, we know his agent does.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

The guy read the article wrong unfortunately. It's saying that Utd are looking to sell Van de Beek before the window closes and in the same article also also mentions Utd's interest in Neves among their choices for a DM should they get one.

Nowhere does it link us to VdB, he's just read it wrong and put two and two together.
Oh that’s a shame, was an interesting 5mins though

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
I’d say there’s a good chance he’d be available on loan, it’s quite clear they don’t want him.
Sorry Matt, I think you're not reading the Ole Manure book of football management rules....

Rule No 1 You CANNOT have enough players in your squad.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Spiers shooting down our interest in Caleta-Car. Would be massively disappointing if so - seems like Caleta is a quality player who can be had for a pretty reasonable price. I can't see how we can reach Lille's asking price on Botman, so where do we go from there? The only other CB we've been linked to is currently in a prison cell.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Our hopes depend on Hwang and Trincao coming off this season . If they don't then as it stands we will be fighting in the bottom six constantly.

Raul anyone can see he is not 100% . The defence has needed strengthening for 2 years people . And we go into deadline day with us waiting on the players . Really sorry that is **** poor management IMO .

The CM we have said we need one to compete especially after OO left as well. Yes he was not the answer but better than **** all . Really can't understand us waiting this long to be pushed out and then end up with a couple of loans like Jose standard last season .

Get your targets and get them earlier . Hwang and any othet player that may sign could have had a month training with bruno. So after the break are we rolling the bull**** out the new lad/lads need time to settle .

Shi sort it out or Guo get someone else in to replace him .

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Spiers shooting down our interest in Caleta-Car. Would be massively disappointing if so - seems like Caleta is a quality player who can be had for a pretty reasonable price. I can't see how we can reach Lille's asking price on Botman, so where do we go from there? The only other CB we've been linked to is currently in a prison cell.
With a “Happy with the squad” statement tomorrow night

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been mentioned before but we're actually short on numbers in midfield.

I don't class MGW as a proper CM in the way we play as they're predominantly deep players. So, we have Dendoncker as the ONLY cover. That's absurd.

When you add in that Lage has specifically asked for one because he said the three we have are too similar, we simply have to sign one.

No link but I notice the odds on Renato Sanches joining us are 10/11. Seems very odd considering no link?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I must say I’m a little bit annoyed if the club are unwilling to spend 30 mil on Botman considering they were happy to drop more on Fabio and Semedo last year, we’ve also made a net profit from transfers this year so far and have been desperate for a cb since we were in the championship.

We are not going to get a top cb on the cheap as much as we would like to!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be right, although I think people are hoping for a midfield player that allows Neves to play further up the pitch, whereas if Morgan players he is probably best as the furthest forward midfield player. Imo he is certainly worth a try, but he and Donk are certainly not horrendous options. As you say though, we all crave something new and shiny that screams out improvement on first 11, and by default strengthening the bench.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been mentioned before but we're actually short on numbers in midfield.

I don't class MGW as a proper CM in the way we play as they're predominantly deep players. So, we have Dendoncker as the ONLY cover. That's absurd.

When you add in that Lage has specifically asked for one because he said the three we have are too similar, we simply have to sign one.

No link but I notice the odds on Renato Sanches joining us are 10/11. Seems very odd considering no link?
This seems to be part of Nuno's or the clubs small squad philosophy, way to many players that can play in many positions without being great at one, Denndonker/Saiss defender/midfield, Coady midfield player converted to defender, MGW winger/forward/midfield, Traore overlapping fullback/winger/forward Neves DM in the championship attacking midfield.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a striker in Rafa Mir and sold him, Fosun are a joke
Do you really believe this?

If so, I despair.

Mir gave no indication that he wanted to play for us, and Fosun have consistently broken our transfer record.

Nobody is claiming they are perfect owners, but to call them 'a joke' is itself a joke.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern is I would say there is little to no chance of us signing Botman as there is no way Shi will pay 30 million for him.

Just a feeling but I reckon our bids are too low and we risk ending up with neither a central midfielder or centre back which would be a total shambles.

Back
Top Bottom