Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gosh the negativity I predicted it was like we lose the first 3, we have played really well just not found the net. Yes it would be nice for a midfield dynamo goy to trust in Bruno he has changed the team style completely over a month we look excellent qnd actually more assured at the back.

Yes it's **** and frustrating we have lost 3 times 1-0. But a side which united had out last year with elanga made us look awful in that 2-1 win.

I'd be concerned if we were having 5 shots or less a game with one on target.

Any news on botman or caleta car I do think it will be hard to attract them with the current outlook, lost 3 ,18th

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While that's true. A professional engineer/plumber would be able to tell whether the job was completed according to relevant regulations and standards and the system is safe.

There's the obvious stuff that anyone can see but there's also finer details that only people with a certain level of expertise will notice.

We should be able to appreciate the insight of people with broader knowledge while still being able to offer our own opinion.

And ignore those with a different opinion who use the "You're not a professional footballer so you have no right to comment" line.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 attacking players and 4 defenders/midfielders combined is a bit much.
Same 11 as yesterday…..subs

Ruddy RAN Hoever Boly Mosquera Donck MGW Podence Silva

plus Hwang

plus new CM (and CB?).…could be 2-3 who miss out….before Neto/Jonny return.

(positive not negative!)

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll score plenty of goals this season. Keep creating chances and goals always come.

I cant see how the likes of Adama , Podence , Trincao and Silva will suddenly start scoring bags of goals never mind Neves , Mouthinho, and our wing backs of Semedo and or Marcal / Alt Nouri - as a team we are way short on goals and this is why chances are being missed as they simply cant do it.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So no news or rumours today? Nothing today probably means nothing tomorrow.

need 2 midfielders and a centre back. Thinking overnight, Neves and Moutinho have performed fantastically against 3 man midfielders but we need someone who can make it a 3 and/or player that can replace them after 70 minutes and give fresh legs. A centre back that allows us to play a 4 would be good. Think we can now replace the front three with Hwang.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I cant see how the likes of Adama , Podence , Trincao and Silva will suddenly start scoring bags of goals never mind Neves , Mouthinho, and our wing backs of Semedo and or Marcal / Alt Nouri - as a team we are way short on goals and this is why chances are being missed as they simply cant do it.
Podence and Adama are creators, Trincao was 1 in 3 at Braga which would be absolutely fine. Neto will explode in this system as well post Xmas. Fabio and Raul need about 20 combined.
Hwang also scored lots of goals playing as a CF.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence and Adama are creators, Trincao was 1 in 3 at Braga which would be absolutely fine. Neto will explode in this system as well post Xmas. Fabio and Raul need about 20 combined.

History and careers to date has proved otherwise.

I maintain as a team we are short on goals and it will continue to hurt us if Raul doesn't recover his form.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 attacking players and 4 defenders/midfielders combined is a bit much.
I’m not sure what you mean to be honest.

Eg. Ruddy, Saiss, Coady, Hoever, RAN, Donck, Podence, Hwang, Vinicius

Would be a great bench when everyone is fully fit. Assuming we sign a centre back and Vinicius.

Anyway, I do think a CB and CM are higher priorities I’m just saying I can definitely see an argument for Vinicius given our impotence in front of goal so far.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. We need an out and out bloody goal scorer.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
But where do you get his competition from not available unless mega bucks .. Vinicius looks on his way to PSV .. options seem to be Keiffer Moore or Mcburnie .. rather not have either but Moore if only option available
I think Moore would give us something different. He can score goals!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I’m not sure what you mean to be honest.

Eg. Ruddy, Saiss, Coady, Hoever, RAN, Donck, Podence, Hwang, Vinicius

Would be a great bench when everyone is fully fit. Assuming we sign a centre back and Vinicius.

Anyway, I do think a CB and CM are higher priorities I’m just saying I can definitely see an argument for Vinicius given our impotence in front of goal so far.
So Boly missing totally then? MGW and Fabio? Only 1 CM on the bench?
We don't need another striker.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can we accomodate neto too. Which winger is leaving? We are top heavy.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Boly missing totally then? MGW and Fabio? Only 1 CM on the bench?
We don't need another striker.
No, Boly would be in the team with everyone fit. MGW and Fabio can go out on loan for me. I think we do need another striker, albeit not as much as a CB or CM, so we’ll have to agree to disagree.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No, Boly would be in the team with everyone fit. MGW and Fabio can go out on loan for me. I think we do need another striker, albeit not as much as a CB or CM, so we’ll have to agree to disagree.
So Kilman missing then and Mosquera?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone can now see we are totally toothless up front. Creative and positive for 85 yards of the pitch and **** poor in the remainder. It’s a big problem
I see it as more of a problem now than MF and CB
It’s great to see this new process but if we go one down we can’t score one let alone two
Priority has to be the gun that is firing the large supply of bullets

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

No way Fabio and Raul are getting 10 between them.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone can now see we are totally toothless up front. Creative and positive for 85 yards of the pitch and **** poor in the remainder. It’s a big problem
I see it as more of a problem now than MF and CB
It’s great to see this new process but if we go one down we can’t score one let alone two
Priority has to be the gun that is firing the large supply of bullets
New CB, switch to 4 at back, No. 10 or second striker. Goals will flow.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Starting to get a bit anxious now, need to get at least 2 more in before the deadline imo, a CB and a midfielder who can inject some pace and tempo going forwards and chip in with a few goals.

Another number 9 wouldn't go a miss either. I've no worries about relegation like some but reckon we're 3 players away from having a good go at top 6 with how Bruno has got the team attacking.

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
Sport Witness have just posted this:
On August 27th, we carried a report from RMC Sport, who explained that Wolverhampton Wanderers have made an offer to sign Marseille’s Duje Ćaleta-Car.

It was also explained that the coming days will be ‘decisive’ in deciding the defender’s future.

Wolves’ effort to sign the 24-year-old has also been discussed by another French outlet, Foot01.com.

It’s claimed the centre-back has been tracked by several Premier League sides and over the weekend, the report says Bruno Lage’s side made an offer of €10m to the Ligue 1 club.

They even state the Croatia international has agreed to join Wolves and is in ‘advanced talks’ with them, presumably for personal terms.

Embed from Getty Images

However, the two sides haven’t found an agreement yet for Ćaleta-Car’s transfer to take shape and Foot01.com questions whether both sides can ‘find common ground’.

The website also relay claims made by Canal+, explaining that Marseille are ready to ‘let go’ of the player if they receive an offer of around €15m.

Wolves’ latest offer is €5m short of the demands set by Marseille.

Back
Top Bottom