Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rosie is just the extreme negative part of us all. He keeps us in check so reminds us that we dont always want to be like that. He is to be treasured because it makes us question ourselves and to feel happy to disagree with him.
Now you mention Jesus Christ well he was a completely different kettle of fish.
I'd take Jesus at moment, heard he's good on crosses, he'd thrive with our wingers

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will the internat break cause any issues trying to get people in? Must make things difficult if players are prepping to go abroad with their countries.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rosie is just the extreme negative part of us all. He keeps us in check so reminds us that we dont always want to be like that. He is to be treasured because it makes us question ourselves and to feel happy to disagree with him.
Now you mention Jesus Christ well he was a completely different kettle of fish.
Speak for yourself.
He doesn't ****ing represent me.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re another striker, it all depends on how/where we’re intending to use Hwang. The two players per position mantra could mean:

LW: Adama, Podence
ST: Raul, Fabio
RW: Trincao, Hwang

So bringing in Vinicius could still make sense to be honest. But it would push Fabio down the pecking order, which I’m not sure Jeff would want to do.

mexy

Reaction score
Kang-in - Lee
contract cancelled at valencia
available on a free transfer

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple question - have we got a 20 goal a season man? Yes but he’s just spent 9 months out

Big ask of him. Never mind Hwang, surprised we haven’t gone for Vinicius or another penalty box player
People regularly talk about the need for a 20 goal a season striker but how many of them actually are there?

Only 22 players scored 20+ goals in top divisions across the world last season according to transfermarkt. It was 12 the season before, and 16 the season before that.

The vast majority of teams don’t have a striker who will hit close to 20 goals, let alone a 2nd who could get close too.

What we need, and what most top teams have, is goals across the squad. That’s more important than a reliance on one out and our forward.

If our 8 (EIGHT) forward options can bag half a dozen each on average that’s more than we scored in 2 of the last 3 PL seasons and only 3 off our best goal scoring return without a single goal contribution from any of our midfield, wingbacks or centre backs.

We’ve got depth up front, we have variety too. It’s the one area of our squad that looks good compared to any non sky 6 side.

We need a CB and CM and to start finding the net with the endless chances we’re already creating.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this talk about another striker .. we gave signed one in Hwang .. what is missing is goals from midfield .. non existent .. we are short of a bix to box midfielder who adds a few goals now and then .. takes presure off strikers
If Raul isn’t firing we’re in for a relegation scrap

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Re another striker, it all depends on how/where we’re intending to use Hwang. The two players per position mantra could mean:

So bringing in Vinicius could still make sense to be honest. But it would push Fabio down the pecking order, which I’m not sure Jeff would want to do.
Neto?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Raul isn’t firing we’re in for a relegation scrap
But where do you get his competition from not available unless mega bucks .. Vinicius looks on his way to PSV .. options seem to be Keiffer Moore or Mcburnie .. rather not have either but Moore if only option available

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And MGW (plus Neto, hopefully in the NY). RAN if needed.

We’re fully stocked with forward players for 5-2-3, although whether we’re fully stocked with goals is the question.

For me CM is required, as only 3 players there.

If we are to change system however, to 4-2-3-1 then another CB would be required to enable us to do that. Even with 4 forwards in this system not convinced we need another forward.

LW - Adama, RAN (Neto on return)
No. 10 - Podence, MGW
RW - Trincao, Hwang
CF - Raul, Silva

So in summary - CM and, ideally, a CB please Jeff.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right but then you have 5 wingers for 2 positions, 3 CFs for 1 position and still have MGW who can play there. Too many players, Hwang is a CF option and can also cover out wide if we need
Or you have 4 wingers for 2 positions, 2 strikers for 1 position and Hwang as a utility to cover any gaps. MGW can play there yeah, as can RAN but that is square peg territory. I think we have bigger priorities elsewhere, for sure, but if we loaned in Vinicius who replaced Silva in the match day squad I wouldn’t be sad about it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Or you have 4 wingers for 2 positions, 2 strikers for 1 position and Hwang as a utility to cover any gaps. MGW can play there yeah, as can RAN but that is square leg territory. I think we have bigger priorities elsewhere, for sure, but if we loaned in Vinicius who replaced Silva in the match day squad I wouldn’t be sad about it.
So who misses out the match day squad when Neto is back then?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right but then you have 5 wingers for 2 positions, 3 CFs for 1 position and still have MGW who can play there. Too many players, Hwang is a CF option and can also cover out wide if we need

But as has been proven other than Raul they can't and don't regularly score goals which still hasn't been addressed and will be our downfall

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It follows, therefore, that you shouldn't criticise Premier League players unless you are, or were one, yourself.

I can't go along with that. Because you don't know enough about the subject? It follows that you shouldn't praise them either, or indeed say anything about them. :) If the plumber fixes a leak yet you still see water dripping out, you don't have to be a professional plumber to know he's not done the job properly!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bb
We really aren't
We barely had him last season
So over dramatic
During that period Nuno aimed not to lose. Lage is trying to win. Hopefully things will come good because hard luck stories don't keep you up.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't go along with that. Because you don't know enough about the subject? It follows that you shouldn't praise them either, or indeed say anything about them. :) If the plumber fixes a leak yet you still see water dripping out, you don't have to be a professional plumber to know he's not done the job properly!
Why then do I have to be a Premier League referee to comment on them then.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm, where’s that poster that said ‘thank god you’re not in charge of decisions’ when I said I didn’t want to sign Ruben Semedo no matter how good he is due to the fact he’s clearly a scumbag…?

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While that's true. A professional engineer/plumber would be able to tell whether the job was completed according to relevant regulations and standards and the system is safe.

There's the obvious stuff that anyone can see but there's also finer details that only people with a certain level of expertise will notice.

We should be able to appreciate the insight of people with broader knowledge while still being able to offer our own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom