Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never got a thing right in his life this chap
Ring ring jez says.... The irons are in the fire. We are working hard to bring the right players into this club. It’s not possible to get every player right but we have nurtured someone in Max Kilman. If he had not got injured, we might have done better, who knows? We expect some new signings to do well in the very near future as we look to build a young, settled and exciting squad for this season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t agree with the comment on the price paid for Semedo, when you compare against the cost of Chilwell and Mendy as an example. I think he is good value and that will improve further from now on.
Fair enough but I can’t see how his performances so far warrant a £30m transfer fee. I rate Semedo but I feel, like on Sunday, his decent performances get changed to amazing performances for some reason.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept ... can you imagine a never ending transfer window. Purgatory :(

It's how it used to be! Well, it was open all year, only closing towards the end of the season. Didn't McGhee buy Claridge as the transfer season closed just before the FA Cup Semi-Final, for example?

In my totally biased grumpy old man opinion, it's far worse now than it was back then. And I have no idea why we changed to have "windows" and not the previous "Open for 3/4 of the season" system. It was easier to get players in if you suffered a serious injury problem. The current system seems to encourage those who can afford huge squads and keep players around "just in case". The biggest clubs benefit, as usual.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's how it used to be! Well, it was open all year, only closing towards the end of the season. Didn't McGhee buy Claridge as the transfer season closed just before the FA Cup Semi-Final, for example?

In my totally biased grumpy old man opinion, it's far worse now than it was back then. And I have no idea why we changed to have "windows" and not the previous "Open for 3/4 of the season" system. It was easier to get players in if you suffered a serious injury problem. The current system seems to encourage those who can afford huge squads and keep players around "just in case". The biggest clubs benefit, as usual.

Leicester wouldn't have won the league if there wasn't a window, their squad would've been picked apart by man city and Chelsea before the half way point.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the ‘social media age’ makes a huge difference. Before it, we just waited until real, actual, hard fact news broke.
Of course, for us Wolves nuts, there is no choice. Search ‘News Now’, Mol Mix and gawd knows what else. What for? A sniff of a signing a few hours before it happens?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think the ‘social media age’ makes a huge difference. Before it, we just waited until real, actual, hard fact news broke.
Of course, for us Wolves nuts, there is no choice. Search ‘News Now’, Mol Mix and gawd knows what else. What for? A sniff of a signing a few hours before it happens?
Think you're forgetting that rip off Clubcall service! That was a very expensive form of ITK Twitter!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35p a minute with a 3 minute introduction before saying anything meaningful!
It was never meaningful - it was generally someone having been spotted in Asda’s. It was like paying for Football Insider info but less reliable. Very good headlines though such as International set to sign for Wolves - and you’d find out it was a Mongolian who was considering whether giving up his Yak herd was what he wanted to do.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester wouldn't have won the league if there wasn't a window, their squad would've been picked apart by man city and Chelsea before the half way point.

Yes, in current situation. But maybe Man City and Chelsea wouldn't have been able to get so far ahead without 20 years of locked windows? (and Sky, Champions League and pre-FFP billionaires money etc). Back in the 70's, Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal etc didn't pick apart the Derby and Forest league winning sides. The inequality wasn't so great. I'm just wondering if the narrow window is just one more thing that in the long run, benefits those already with the most.

<EDIT> Just Googled it and found the window was introduced in 2002 to align the UK with EUFA. Those EU red tape bureacrats!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Think you're forgetting that rip off Clubcall service! That was a very expensive form of ITK Twitter!
No matter, at the time it provided a valuable news stories service for fans based outside the West Midlands and Overseas.
I went on Wolves tours in the 90s, solely based on tour info gleaned from Geoff Owen, info I otherwise wouldn't have had.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely they could have picked it apart in January?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely they could have picked it apart in January?
They were flying high though at that stage so it guess players thought let's see if we can maintain it for the second part of the season etc. Leicester could sense they were going to finish high even with a few stumbles perhaps along the way so could hold off selling with the prize money and potential European football the following season on offer. They hardly stumbled at all.

R

reanswolf

People wanting McKennie can forget him, he has apparently rejected advances from Wet Ham and Villa as Spurs want him and that is where he wants to go. Replacement for Sissoko who is going to Watford.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

My suggestion is that transfer windows are reduced to one day. No deals can be done on any other day. Then, on transfer Friday each club gets a 5 minute slot to present its squad list to the press.

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We were told to be patient but tomorrow is Friday , nowt tends to happen over a weekend, we are running out of days .
When ? When? When ?
Trincao was announced on a sunday, so there’s still hope for the weekend.

But I wouldn’t bet on it…

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People wanting McKennie can forget him, he has apparently rejected advances from Wet Ham and Villa as Spurs want him and that is where he wants to go. Replacement for Sissoko who is going to Watford.
Where did you hear that.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either we have completely ****ed it up again or they will pull 1 or 2 out of the bag over the weekend and hopefully another 1 or 2 over Monday and Tuesday!! We have never In 10 years look to do as much business in 4 days

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with two, but I’d be really happy if they’re a quality two and we don’t lose anyone.

Two in this window, players coming back, one more in January - happy with that.
I agree,cant see any more than that if Traore is staying,maybe one decent buy and a loan or two lesser players
Bruno stating we only want top players again today seems to point to one good buy and a loan maybe

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
10m
Wolves Southampton and Newcastle taking a look at a late move for Kang-In Lee. Valencia midfielder. South Korean international. Being freed. Mallorca also trying.

At least its a rumour to get today going

Back
Top Bottom