Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Me neither.

It would be a similar set up for him as was at Spurs. Coming in to be second choice. Dont think it works for either party.

I'd rather have a wily 30+ striker who knows he's going to be a sub but can offer something off the bench..someone like Giroud (but obviously not him)
But they would have no re-sale value and improve the squad now, who needs that when we could wait and see in 5 years.

I agree with you btw just sarcasm.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any insight as to the fee?
No idea .. understand Valencia been interested since May .. believe Mir wants Atletico but they have agreed terms but are bidding for another player Vlahović making €50m bid .. looks as though Mir is plan B if it fails .. should have him back now if they are not serious

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you knock someone for being gloomy with the positive message that we will be “won’t finish high but will be fine”. Are you happy with that? That kind of complacent, low bar approach to a season is exactly the problem and is it dactyl what gets teams relegated.

Fans want to look forward to something. People want that high that comes with watching us win and do well. We don’t want to be content with just doing fine. This is the entertainment biz.
It's only you and your ilk that think it's complacency. I look at out squad and see a mid table at least team that could challenge for Europe with on or two quality additions. You look at our squad and see relegation fodder that needs serious investment just to survive. But just because others don't share you gloomy outlook it doesn't mean they are being complacent, it just means that they see enough quality in our current squad to be comfortably safe from relegation. That is a completely different thing from being satisfied with it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea .. understand Valencia been interested since May .. believe Mir wants Atletico but they have agreed terms but are bidding for another player Vlahović making €50m bid .. looks as though Mir is plan B if it fails .. should have him back now if they are not serious

Valencia could open up kang in lee - i guess that a bit of hold up on the mir sale which inevitably will hold up our business.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me neither.

It would be a similar set up for him as was at Spurs. Coming in to be second choice. Dont think it works for either party.

I'd rather have a wily 30+ striker who knows he's going to be a sub but can offer something off the bench..someone like Giroud (but obviously not him)

i think it'd be better than spurs, he'd be first choice if we played two up top. he's a bit of a goalhanger and good in the box, which is what we need. would take pressure off fabio too

i think the bigger issue is whether we are playing one up front and five at back, or bruno's fabled 442 with two strikers. seems so far like the first, in which no striker is going to be desperate to join us with Raul such a key figure

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understandable...especially with three kids and having no family over here. You'd imagine he'd go to Spain if that ended up being the reason he moves.
Bit of a problem though from a practical standpoint. Who has enough money to meet a fair valuation in Spain or Portugal?
We sometimes forget how much the prem money inflates wages and transfer fees compared to the rest of Europe, especially with many of the giants far more skint than usual.
Very awkward if he’s personally happy at the club but the wife and multiple kids are in a different country.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Traore really does want to leave then Vinicius could do a job. 3-4-1-2 of Trincao behind a front line of Vinicius and Jimenez sounds good.

I think the Traore of it all can't be overstated. My pure speculation is that when Bruno came in, it was with the assumption Traore and Neves would be moving on. So Bruno came with a plan to install one of his favoured two-up-top formations. Once Traore joined training we saw the shift back to a 343. The assumption on here has been that's down to lack of faith in the defence. I think it's more than likely down to Bruno now having the same problem as Nuno. When you have Traore in the squad, you have to play him. He's too good to leave out. But having him in the team reduces the tactical options.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit of a problem though from a practical standpoint. Who has enough money to meet a fair valuation in Spain or Portugal?
We sometimes forget how much the prem money inflates wages and transfer fees compared to the rest of Europe, especially with many of the giants far more skint than usual.
Very awkward if he’s personally happy at the club but the wife and multiple kids are in a different country.

Another fix would be to see if the family would be happy living in another part of England and then having Neves commute. Which so many modern professional footballers do. But that would break apart the little community feeling that's been so key to the success of the club in the last few years.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing with Vinicius is when he played for Spurs, he often scored! Problem was he didn’t play that much.

I think he would be excellent in a 2 with Raul.
To be fair, he scored against some proper dross

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me neither.

Surprised to see he scored 9 times for Spurs

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Trippier to Wolves. Lol, it will be United or staying at Atletico. They absolutely love him there

PTW

Reaction score
I think in that scenario I would definitely pick a centre back, as I think it's our most glaring weakness. Dendoncker has actually looked quite refreshed in this preseason, so I just hope he keeps that up. I think for Mouts the best case scenario is to use his experience situationally in the last 20-30 minutes of games when the pace of the game has slowed and his wizardry can really impact the game, or in a midfield three. As we haven't yet seen Lage play with a midfield three, I'm still not convinced he will have the legs to start games at this level, as much as I still love him as a player.

We have a decent squad on the whole, I just think we need to address the quality of those two starting positions. Even if say Lage plans to play with a back five now and Coady/Kilman are permanent fixtures, we desperately need a centre back with Boly being as injury prone as he's been, Mosquera picking up an early injury, and Saiss just simply not at the level we need him to be. People like to point at the fact that we missed Jimenez last year and that's why we were poor, but the defence was dreadful for most of the season with both Boly and Jonny out for long periods, we can't have that happen again.
Just hope if they don’t sign a new central midfielder and if Dendoncker is currently on a better moment than Moutinho, Lage will be brave enough to put Moutinho on the bench, not that I think he will create problems, but sometimes managers are afraid to upset hierarchies on a team, and being a new manager without a big experience working as a first team manager I wonder if he will be brave enough to do that, it’s time for Dendoncker to step up on the first 11 if they don’t sign anyone for that position.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
I dont understand the incessant panicking on here. We were told by Shi we would get players in, but toward the end of the window. We are all experienced enough to know that there is always rampant posturing from selling clubs regarding quoting sky high prices, until they realise the window is shutting... and then you get LOTS of movement. Would you rather we get three average players now, or 3 quality players by waiting two and a half weeks?

MontyR

Reaction score
most against marine afc right?
10 goals in 22 apps. Taking away league appearences where he would've only gotten a few mins, he had 9 goals in 13 (Europa league and cups). Not a bad record.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First few games of the season starting to look like dead rubbers in terms of Bruno's vision for the season. Bit disappointed that he hasn't as yet been backed really

At this stage we have no idea if he is being backed or not. We may have our players lined up ready and simply waiting for dominoes to fall. Put simply - we are not settling we are working for the players we want.

I'm no expert but I imagine a signing is only easy in the following situations:

1. Club wants to sell and we have no other buyers for competition

2. We pay crazy OTT money to convince somebody to sell and ensure nobody else will compete

Would we want anybody who falls into either category?

Of course they may not back him but let's see what actually happens. Lack of rumours means nothing, neither does the twitter count. Its boring for sure but let's not assume Jeff isn't busy.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually thought Kang-in-Lee had actually done more than what he has, just checking him out now and to say his CV is limited would be an understatement. No thanks from me, doesn't really add anything new to what we already have either. 7 club goals and only 3 at the top level.

Edit: Thought he was influential at the Olympics but was only ever a late sub as well so not even a starter. Granted he scored three from the bench but still. We need game ready players not more projects and prospects.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont understand the incessant panicking on here. We were told by Shi we would get players in, but toward the end of the window. We are all experienced enough to know that there is always rampant posturing from selling clubs regarding quoting sky high prices, until they realise the window is shutting... and then you get LOTS of movement. Would you rather we get three average players now, or 3 quality players by waiting two and a half weeks?
Why are you confident that we will sign three quality players?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We were also told by Shi:
- Jackett is staying
- Zenga is a good manager
- Lambert will stay for a long time and has 'the same DNA' as us
- We want to be one of the world's best clubs and compete/be bigger than Man City and be achieving European football regularly
- Money is no issue
- Fabio Silva can get into any Premier league team
- Vitinha is an 'integral part' of our recruitment process.
- The whole 'fans matter' in the Super League statement then proceeds to rip fans off.
- We have a million loyal fans in Mexico following us on social media

Need I go on? It doesn't matter what Shi says, most of what he comes out with is bull**** anyway!

Last edited:

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were also told by Shi:
- Jackett is staying
- Zenga is a good manager
- Lambert will stay for a long time and has 'the same DNA' as us
- We want to be one of the world's best clubs and compete/be bigger than Man City and be achieving European football regularly
- Money is no issue
- Fabio Silva can get into any Premier league team
- Vitinha is an 'integral part' of our recruitment process.
- The whole 'fans matter' in the Super League statement then proceeds to rip fans off.

Need I go on? It doesn't matter what Shi says, most of what he comes out with is bull**** anyway!

Your agenda is showing I feel In this post

These are some statements of a mans opinion and some from a when the club was took over, who to get fans on board may have been a bit overexaggerated when they realised they couldn't buy their way to the top.

Maybe jacket and Lambert didn't want to stay or Jeff was put in a place they couldn't

Maybe zenga is a good manager just not for wolves

Its clear we do want to challenge but are hamstrung by a Europa league campaign a year to early. We also don't have the benefit of spending without return like man city Chelsea due their ownership but also FFP which in my opinion guards the traditional top 6

Money isn't an issue we are not broke, we just need to spend it wisely as fosun are not going to fund the frivolous spending, which is their right > whether we feel that is right or wrong is our opinion

Can Silva get into any prem league team maybe yes, if certain things go his way

Vitinha was a part for nuno who then failed to use him, who is now at spurs, clearly 20 mil wouldn't have been good value in the market currently

I don't really have anything on the ripping of fans part as football has costs but was this the best way to go about things properly not

There isn't a conspiracy Shi is here to bull**** at every turn, he is here to run the club how forum want it run a self sustaining enterprise, and growing brand who have a great new kit manufacture, multiple aponserships and have expanded revenue front in other forms. As well as starting a new season with a new man in charge who with a few signings could get back to where we want to be

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any idea on who these 3 quality players are? I'd rather get 1 quality player at any point in the window now, than a couple of hyped-up development players in two and a half weeks.

In terms of settling in to a new team, the earlier you get your players in, the better. Given that "Lack of a full pre-season" is an excuse that has been rolled out again and again here to excuse struggling players. Rather than have ready made excuses for failure, I would rather actually have success, by perhaps just doing things the sensible, timely way. Also, as the window ends, there is as much panic buying as there is bargains. (fairly sure our lack of back up striker with about 2 days to go last season added a few million on to Fabios price, for example)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your agenda is showing
There’s a bit of it going around. It was there when Fosun first took over, and not everyone was happy being owned by a Chinese investment company hardly anyone had heard of. It resurfaced through the first season with its managerial ups and downs. It was largely silenced by the first three years of Nuno and one way upwards progression, and then it resurfaced with Jota”s departure and after the covid season suspension when the wheels somewhat fell off the bus.

Seems the honeymoon is over for many, and some are already seeking a divorce!

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Why are you confident that we will sign three quality players?
Im confident because:

1. Fosun has put £200m into the club. Why would they deliberately let that asset value (Wolves are now worth 10x what they paid for it) diminish?

2. Shi's future is intrinsically linked to Bruno's and Wolves sucess.

We have shown how we can pull rabbits out of that hat at short notice, even with Trincao this season. We are waiting for the end of the window when we can get best value, as well as taking advantage of the financial woes that many foreign clubs find themselves in.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything or nothing?

Wouldn't say anything of major importance some news through a poster about vinicuis but it's a complex one that could take time

Mir is 2nd choice for Athelti as they have put in a €50 mil bid for a guy. Mir apparently has interest from sevilla and Valencia

Back
Top Bottom