Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are basically looking at the last season and a third as it is the most relevant to where we are now. As you say its was pretty dour stuff where we struggled to win games. I don't believe this is simply because people are being negative just that its the most recent gauge as to where we are now.
Some people are taking it to an extreme though, if you summarise some of the views on this forum we are heading for a truly apocalyptic start worse than 03/04, which will see us lose at least 4-0, 3-0 and 3-0, Lage will be gone by October, FOSUN have pulled the plug and want to get rid, we are staring relegation in the face before a ball has been kicked unless FOSUN spend £100m, every team below us has drastically improved, every Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, Burnley and Southampton player has got much better in the close season while every Wolves player is now as useful as a condom at a Star Trek convention
This is what the Mix would have been like if it had been around in 84/85 under the Bhattis

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh SBK Nuno always came across as a bell to the press imo. Fair enough though as they routinely ask stupid questions. I have no doubt that he could have been quite awkward, as can we all. Does not diminish what he did for the club, though
Absolutely not, I think top class managers need that bit of arrogance. It just doesn't sit alongside the "stay humble" mantra he had. I'm not rewriting history, far from it, he was in my eyes the best thing to happen to this club since bully signed closely followed by Sir Jack buying us. Like all humans I'm sure he had another side to him

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard from someone around the academy he was awful with the young lads. Basically treated them as if they didn't exist and when they did train with first team he was extremely hard on them.
Not sure the last bit of that is a bad thing when you see some of the lads in football who have just got their first few games under their belts, and a few quid, acting like Billy big balls. A bit of perspective for that type doesn't go amiss imo.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester agree £15m for Vestergaard. Another great signing. Hope the big **** isn't signed in time for Saturday.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage will still want to play 442 if the club actually back him rather than making our squad weaker on numbers than last season when it was too small.

Seems to me our options in the squad are getting less by the weak either by injuries and loaning players out with no one coming in.
If we play 442 maybe one of the 2 will be a Traore or podence or MGW.

Anyway the truth of the matter is all the managers who work with Cutrone are happy to let him leave.

Personally I’d love to replace him with Abraham, just don’t think it will happen!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lage will still want to play 442 if the club actually back him rather than making our squad weaker on numbers than last season when it was too small.

Seems to me our options in the squad are getting less by the weak either by injuries and loaning players out with no one coming in.
How do you know he wants to play 442? Because he started with it at Crewe with half of the first team missing?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well he's not stopped us scoring before...

good signing but i'd genuinely rather have Mosquera
Genuinely interested to know why, had never heard off him till he signed and only seen him perform in pre-season kick abouts, you may well be correct and hope you are.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know he wants to play 442? Because he started with it at Crewe with half of the first team missing?
Exactly.
And IF he does want to play 442 then we probably need one if not two centre backs and a midfielder before we need Cutrone.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Cutrone in a 442 would have been good. He possessed pretty good link up play and is fast on his feet. Calling out to be a F9 imo
Though Fabio also looks like he could play a F9 as well

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leicester agree £15m for Vestergaard. Another great signing. Hope the big **** isn't signed in time for Saturday.
Can't get my head around the scramble for him personally, they don't seem that bothered on the Saints forum.

The couple of times I've seen him he's been an absolute donkey.

Is it off the back of a decent Euros ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers, whether you choose to believe him or not, has said there is no imminent replacement for Cutrone. This bigger squad that Sellars mentioned in those videos they released a few months back is starting to look doubtful. Good planning and good to see a proactive approach.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't get my head around the scramble for him personally, they don't seem that bothered on the Saints forum.

The couple if times I've seen him he's been an absolute donkey.

I think he’s a donkey, don’t see the attraction at all. Neto ripped him apart last season.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The couple of times I've seen him he's been an absolute donkey.

He did pretty well in the Euros but I think he's been Southampton's best defender by a distance.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No. It his preferred system along with 433 but he has been forced to play 5 at the back as he has probably realised how bad our defence is and how one paced our central midfield is. The club arent giving him the tools he needs and its pretty obvious to me.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah. A kid who has played very few games and has been signed as a squad player to start with by all accounts.
Who has said that ? Can't remember that being said at all.
Handle himself very well in the games he played.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Spiers, whether you choose to believe him or not, has said there is no imminent replacement for Cutrone. This bigger squad that Sellars mentioned in those videos they released a few months back is starting to look doubtful. Good planning and good to see a proactive approach.
As long as he is replaced by the end of the window it is fine, the replacement is 3rd choice out anyway. That is not a super urgent position for me.

Reactions: Ned

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has said that ? Can't remember that being said at all.
Handle himself very well in the games he played.

He did but he is raw and apparently hasnt been signed to be a regular starter to begin with. We need oven ready players and have done for 2 years in this position and others.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No. It his preferred system along with 433 but he has been forced to play 5 at the back as he has probably realised how bad our defence is and how one paced our central midfield is. The club arent giving him the tools he needs and its pretty obvious to me.
Can you cite him saying this? At Benfica he was known for fitting his tactics to the players he had, it is what good choices do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as he is replaced by the end of the window it is fine, the replacement is 3rd choice out anyway. That is not a super urgent position for me.

It will be if Raul picks up a knock when we have no one apart from Fabio. Again I dont think this is very good planning at all and leaves us weaker on options before the game on Saturday. The bench will look interesting on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom