Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

17th - 13th- 10th - 7th. What do you expect for next year. What type of team are we ? Poll

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relegation, Survival , consistency, a top ten team , back in Europe. Top six !
Today -What type of team are we in your eyes .
For me it’s becoming clearer as we get a week away. Probably 13th .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We were 7th for two seasons, with no crowd at no Raul we struggled. We could do with a signing or two (who ever thinks they couldn't) , but most of the doom started with an assumption that Adama and Neves could go and Raul was an unknown. The sales look quite unlikely now and Raul looks as good as ever, so there's no reason we can't finish top half again with average luck.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need 2 or 3 signings but I'd be happy given our new manager, new tactics and hopefully new additions to be around 12th 13th.
The most important thing is obviously to stay up and be able to spend again thereafter.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a clue, because our best XI has yet to play together under Lage and probably won't for some while, if indeed we actually even retain our best assets after the transfer window closes.

Likewise, it's impossible to know what shape the other 19 teams are truly in and what effect full stadiums will have on some clubs' performances.

The absolute base level hope of any team that doesn't belong to the "big 6" (plus Everton) is simply to stay in the division, so I hope we can achieve that as a minimum.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a lot of strongly opinionated posters over past 6 weeks, , but also interesting how many are saying they haven't a clue where we might come.
Must be different people .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opted for 10th, but it is difficult to speculate until the transfer window closes.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Don't know yet.

Can't see us getting relegated, that's pretty much all I can say.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the current squad I expect relegation , anything else would be a bonus we have gone backwards whilst other teams have improved.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm open and optimistic enough to see the silver linings. I think we lost our way last year, certainly lost any kind of momentum and confidence, and genuinely believe a new manager is a good thing and have high hopes for Lage. There's still time to go, and I suspect there'll be a good few changes yet. I think we'll play better football this coming season, moreso as it goes on.

Today, being brutally and coldly honest? Closer to 17th than 13th. In the three months since the beginning of May, which is roughly when it must have been decided that Nuno was out, we've made no progression whatsoever in terms of a first XI, and the notion that we need to sell to buy (however practical or understandable) punctures the mood.

I hope to re-evaluate in the next couple of weeks, because I know a couple of key signings makes a world of difference, but for right now, 17th.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, the 13th placed finish last season wasn't a reflection of the quality of players we had available to us. Squad additions or no squad additions, it will be how much the new manager is up to the job, and how the squad responds to him that will dictate where we finish, whether that is 4th or 20th.
And I have absolutely no idea how he'll do.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the current squad I expect relegation , anything else would be a bonus we have gone backwards whilst other teams have improved.
Which teams who finished below us have improved?

Palace? Couple of good signings but lost a team.
Southampton? Lost Ings
Brighton? Lost White
Burnley? Eaten gravel

Add into that Newcastle, who have lost their best player, Villa - who have lost their best player and Everton, who are set to lose their best player in Rodriguez.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that we have not (yet) lost our best player, as it's de rigueur.

Feel free to disagree obviously - entirely your prerogative. But the fallacy that everyone else has improved (on the face of it) isn't one upon which to base your relegation fears

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Southampton? Lost Ings
Brighton? Lost White
Burnley? Eaten gravel

Add into that Newcastle, who have lost their best player, Villa - who have lost their best player and Everton, who are set to lose their best player in Rodriguez.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that we have not (yet) lost our best player, as it's de rigueur.

Feel free to disagree obviously - entirely your prerogative. But the fallacy that everyone else has improved (on the face of it) isn't one upon which to base your relegation fears

Yes I do disagree totally and ignoring other teams improving we are worse , the defence playing a high line is a disaster waiting to happen with current personal just wait and see , I firmly believe unless we sign 2 / 3 first team ready players we will be in a relegation battle and expect Lage to be sacked around November time.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't know this season is a punt into the unknown it could either way.
If I had to guess we will have a slow start and maybe end up 10th or there about .

I can't say with conviction where we will end up if we make the signings in midfield and defence we will be on the right track

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I do disagree totally and ignoring other teams improving we are worse , the defence playing a high line is a disaster waiting to happen with current personal just wait and see , I firmly believe unless we sign 2 / 3 first team ready players we will be in a relegation battle and expect Lage to be sacked around November time.
I hope you are wrong.

We were so so bad last half of last season that I don't think we could get much worse.

Anyway, mid table is the sensible bet so I'll go with that.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixed results, but much better football. I've gone for 13th. Don't think we will finish top half but don't think we will be near to being relegated either. 11th to 13th depending on luck!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you are wrong.

We were so so bad last half of last season that I don't think we could get much worse.

Anyway, mid table is the sensible bet so I'll go with that.

I also hope I'm wrong but nothing I've seen in every friendly has given me any confidence that our defence will be able to hold out with Lages tactics, he has already reverted to a back 3 /5 which isn't what he plays so at least he has realised to a degree they ain't good enough.

The start won't help us either as they are 3 very tough games and even on form would be no disgrace to lose them all , just feel everything is going against us right now so pressure will be on early doors and we don't usually do well with that.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Consensus already appearing 13th-10th . Seems about right to me.
And many others
This overall impression will effect many things , attitudes to ticket prices, attracting players and the manager.
MOODS !

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on current squad think we will end up 13th-16th with possibly a brief flirtation with relegation

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gone 10th. Don’t think we’re as bad as some are suggesting but we do need a couple of improvements still. Get them and I reckon top half is possible. Without them, if injuries take hold again then probably 13th.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Southampton? Lost Ings
Brighton? Lost White
Burnley? Eaten gravel

Considering the way Burnley absolutely rinsed us just a few months ago, I would say they don't need to make any signings.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
13th-15th.

Hopefully the return of Jimenez means we avoid a real nervy season.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

15th

Realistic, no midfielder added no defender added then you have the AFCON so even more players will be missing depleting us further.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think its going to be a long hard season without an extra two or three quality new signings in the key areas.
I think we might just have enough to stay up, but its skin of our teeth time.

Why?
  • We are still carrying injuries to key players and we have no idea when, or how well they will come back
  • I have doubts Jonny will every be the same player
  • Once Neto is fit he is at risk of bids in the Jan window
  • We still may sell either Neves or Adama with little time to get replacements (almost certainly poorer quality)
  • We are still over dependant on Jiminez, the back-up strikers don't offer much - if the more open style ships more goals we are going to have to find something like an extra 15/20 as season - I just don't see us scoring enough
  • The problems with the midfield still (at the time of writing) have not been solved, we still lack that mobility/physicality
  • We have taken on Trincao and the Columbian lad and they are potentially good signings, but Trincao looks poor in pre-season and the other is injured and not meant to be a regular starter anyway
  • Sa is a downgrade on Patricio
  • Semedo is still a shocking defender with appalling positioning - I know we all have opinions about Semedo, but I just don't think is much cop as an actual defender (and he hardly makes any assists). But I accept he has improved, and may well prove me wrong.
  • Sell to buy - Ok, we might get £25m plus for Mir & Cutrone and a few of the other fringe players, but how is that going to fund three quality players we need?
  • I actually think the three promoted teams are stronger. Villa are redistributing money to Norwich. If they buy Cantwell its not out of the question Norwich could have got £70m from Villa - that has got to help them strengthen. Brentford have made a couple of very good signings.
I just think its going to be hard. We have a tough open run of games and I can see us not getting anything and starting the season with a big negative goal difference.

Leicester (A)
Spurs (H)
United (H)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Southampton (A)

We will know how the season will pan out after those run of six games. If we don't get at least 8 points from those six games (3 at home and a promoted club away) I can tell you now we will be in trouble.

I don't expect anything from the first three, if we get beat at Watford and slip up at home against a competitive Brentford the writing is on the wall.

I have never been so convinced we will struggle, I think we have stood still at best, and we will not score enough goals.

I really do hope I am wrong, I will happily take the abuse if I am.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
When we get our squad fit (might be a few months away ) we are a top ten side all day long add some surprise incomings and i reckon were shooting for 7th again. Raul and crowds a massive plus on last year and Yerson will come good .

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will score more, but let in goals like a sieve...... that high line with our real lack of pace might not be pretty. More entertainment though.....
Happy to change this prediction after 2 more signings and after Celta Vigo game.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we get our squad fit (might be a few months away ) we are a top ten side all day long add some surprise incomings and i reckon were shooting for 7th again. Raul and crowds a massive plus on last year and Yerson will come good .
Injuries are a bit like painting the Forth Bridge......I bet by the time three come back another few will have joined our injury list.
Thats why we need quality additions - add the African Nation cup and we are on thin ice.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting as it shows how very few of us are extremely positive or extremely negative. Based on some comments aboout "our fans", you'd half expect to see 50% have us for relegation and 50% for Champions league!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting as it shows how very few of us are extremely positive or extremely negative. Based on some comments aboout "our fans", you'd half expect to see 50% have us for relegation and 50% for Champions league!
Yes it is interesting , but dont you reckon if you asked for hopeful expectations all would be two levels above.

Hence the negativity - its expectations v reality again !!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What it shows is the vocal minority are really ****ing vocal and come across as pathetic.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10th to 13th as it currently stands. May revise it if we get busy but not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom