Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bloody brilliant news today that it looks like neves and traore staying, and we're still hunting CM / CD

very very happy

can someone put together a jimenez-traore compilation so we can all remember what we already have in-house....

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish on his way to City today for 100mill. Just listening to Trevor Sinclair how this is bad for the English game, and it's hard to disagree.
Grealish is a decent player, but 100 million? Trevor Francis would have been 200 million and Gasgoigne 500 million.

City have taken over from United as the club with most money, but they're playing the same game. Anytime any other clubs look like getting close, inflate the transfer market higher so most challenging clubs cannot live with the pace and either have to stop spending, or do a Leeds and destroy yourselves for 15 years.

Whereas City are obviously happy to pay an absolute premium for an extra 1% and to cripple the competitors financially, I do hope clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Leeds don't respond, but spend far more wisely and aim for a 10% improvement with much better value transfers.
This will trigger a couple of transfers. I assume Man City will look to offload a couple of fringe players.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people on here have completely lost all rational thought. I blame covid.

We are a decent loan signing, or two, from top 8 challengers. At worst mid table mediocrity.

We had the worst injury list since since the mid 90s last season, didn’t even bother starting playing till 46mins in, and still finished comfortable mid table.

Our first eleven, when fit, contains the likes of Jiminez, Neves, Neto, Moutinho, Semedo, Traore, Coady, Boly, Jonny and Sa. We have the likes of RAN and Silva coming through.

I was Nunos bigggest fan, and was truly gutted how things played out, however we have the best squad we have had at this lev for well over 40 years. Mental how many people seem to have totally forgotten that in their hunger for endless cash to be splashed.
So, according to you we’re two players short of ‘challenging’ for the top 8. Which is where exactly?

Villa challenged for it last season and came 11th. So we’re two signings away from being nearly able to finish 11th?

Presumably, you don’t think we’re there yet, as you say we’re ‘mid-table’. Failing to mention that ‘comfortably mid-table’ was just six points above 17th. So that’s our level right now.

Two points really here. Firstly, in your very positive post you’re dropping in that we need two new signings, which is what the vast majority on here are saying, so you’re in the same boat as all the people you consider negative.

Secondly, we were six points better off than Burnley last year, two than Southampton, one of Palace. And I presume many on the mix will have at least one of those as relegation candidates, yet anyone even worrying about a relegation battle is daft? This league is ridiculously tough and I thought after the way Leeds, West Ham, Villa & Everton were all ridiculed on here before going on to finish above us easily would’ve taught people that.

Last edited:

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We are a decent loan signing, or two, from top 8 challengers. At worst mid table mediocrity.

We had the worst injury list since since the mid 90s last season, didn’t even bother starting playing till 46mins in, and still finished comfortable mid table.

Our first eleven, when fit, contains the likes of Jiminez, Neves, Neto, Moutinho, Semedo, Traore, Coady, Boly, Jonny and Sa. We have the likes of RAN and Silva coming through.

I was Nunos bigggest fan, and was truly gutted how things played out, however we have the best squad we have had at this lev for well over 40 years. Mental how many people seem to have totally forgotten that in their hunger for endless cash to be splashed.

thats fair to sensible post

The doom mongers police wont like you today.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, according to you we’re two players short of ‘challenging’ for the top 8. Which is where exactly?

Villa challenged for it last season and came 11th. So we’re two signings away from being nearly able to finish 11th?

Presumably, you don’t think we’re there yet, as you say we’re ‘mid-table’. Failing to mention that ‘comfortably mid-table’ was just six points above 17th. So that’s our level right now.

Two points really here. Firstly, in your very positive post you’re dropping in that we need two new signings, which is what the vast majority on here are saying, so you’re in the same boat as all the people you consider negative.

Secondly, we were six points better off than Burnley last year, two than Southampton, one off Palace. And I presume many on the mix will have at least one of those as relegation candidates, yet anyone even worrying about a relegation battle is daft? This league is ridiculously tough and I thought after the way Leeds, West Ham, Villa & Everton were all ridiculed on here before going on to finish above us easily would’ve taught people that.

Well said. Totally agree.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Secondly, we were six points better off than Burnley last year, two than Southampton, one off Palace. And I presume many on the mix will have at least one of those as relegation candidates, yet anyone even worrying about a relegation battle is daft? This league is ridiculously tough and I thought after the way Leeds, West Ham, Villa & Everton were all ridiculed on here before going on to finish above us easily would’ve taught people that.
Another day another boat load of positivity from you. Jesus, your other half must have to hide the sharp objects from you. You'll be fine, just go back to watching your beloved Fulham in the championship

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another day another boat load of positivity from you. Jesus, your other half must have to hide the sharp objects from you. You'll be fine, just go back to watching your beloved Fulham in the championship
It’s crazy how you still use Fulham considering how wrong you’ve been on here in the last year. Quite funny, tbf.

Why you picking on me for not been positive? Sedgwolf is saying we need two new signings to even challenge for the top 8 and I agree with him.

Let’s hope they arrive without selling Neves & Traore and then we can all be positive and happy together as we battle for 8th-10th place this season!!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ever going to really progress if we have to sell to buy every year. If it’s just because of the uefa agreement then fine so next year we will open the purse Strings more and bring in more quality but it’s looking fairly bleak at the mo. Spiers saying sell to buy is a ball ache !!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where to start...

1. Our 1st XI will never be fit, at the moment we are without Boly, Jonny, Neto, Musquero and we haven't kicked off yet.

2. That comfortable mid-table finish felt pretty uncomfortable at times, we got thrashed several times and finished with a GD of -16.

3. Moutinho, Saiss, Marcal, Boly are all past their best and we don't have players coming through to challenge them.

It's not covid, we have regressed. We don't have new money and we can't sell to buy.

Yes, you are right, a couple of good loan signings would make a load of difference, but I disagree that we are anywhere near a top 8 finish and if nothing changes we could go down.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Renato Sanches moved on from Lille yet? If we sell those fringe players for £30m I’d be happy to blow the whole lot on him and stick Donck back in defence
Agree very hard for any defence to cope when you have 0 protection from midfield !!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dominos are starting to fall.
Kane forcing his way out at Spurs, Grealish off to Citeh, City will then be looking to offload at least Silva possibly a couple of others.
Meanwhile Barca are publicly pretending all is going to plan, with Messi still sat on the beach because they still can’t register him even though he’s agreed a 50% pay cut plus deferred the bulk of the wages to later years.
As the end of August approaches, they will start a desperate firesale. As in, unprecedented levels of desperation.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aymeric Laporte wants to leave Manchester City and return to his native Spain, according to 90min.

The 27-year-old Spain international, who moved to City from Athletic Bilbao in 2018, has eyes only for a return to La Liga.

Injuries, coupled with the signing of Ruben Dias, and re-emergence of John Stones, limited Laporte to just 16 Premier League appearances for City last season.

HE would be a nice option..

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Secondly, we were six points better off than Burnley last year, two than Southampton, one of Palace. And I presume many on the mix will have at least one of those as relegation candidates, yet anyone even worrying about a relegation battle is daft? This league is ridiculously tough and I thought after the way Leeds, West Ham, Villa & Everton were all ridiculed on here before going on to finish above us easily would’ve taught people that.
The point I’m making, which I thought was quite obvious, is that even at our absolute worst we were nowhere near a real relegation battle. So to have people posting that we are nailed on certs to struggle as things stand is just ludicrous.
I will be annoyed if we don’t add at least another midfielder to the match day squad, and I’m absolutely open to debate what we can do to strengthen. But the nonsense some are spouting is just silly.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
One of my favourites over the last few years I must admit. Always remember how assured we looked with him in front of the defence on his debut against Newcastle away, and then we never really saw much of him that season thanks to Lambert.

His work ethic and professionalism under Nuno was nothing short of top notch. Winning that free kick against Bristol City away, busting a gut against Middlesbrough till he was collapsed on the floor post match. Even finding himself out of the side at times in the past couple of years, yet he never kicked up a fuss, worked hard, and gave his all when a chance came his way to try and get back in the team. He even managed to tone down his reputation for receiving yellow cards towards the end as well!

While last season certainly showed we need upgrades in central defence and that he was one of the weak-links in that department, if he goes to help fund that, he'll go with my utmost respect.
Excellent post...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point I’m making, which I thought was quite obvious, is that even at our absolute worst we were nowhere near a real relegation battle. So to have people posting that we are nailed on certs to struggle as things stand is just ludicrous.
I will be annoyed if we don’t add at least another midfielder to the match day squad, and I’m absolutely open to debate what we can do to strengthen. But the nonsense some are spouting is just silly.
But that's not true really. We were nowhere near relegation last season because the points total was really low. We were 6 points from 17th and we were fortunate, in the eyes of many, to get that many points.

Also, do you think Newcastle will struggle this season? I do. They finished above us.
Southampton? I do, we finished two above them.

So why, if I think they will struggle, and I presume many on here do, would we not?

The return of Raul is a major positive to that as he will hopefully play 28 games more than he did last season but I think his return is countered by the fact we haven't strengthened elsewhere, the best defender is increasingly out with injury and the biggest one of all, we have an unproven manager, which, whilst doesn't have to be a negative, we don't know how he will do.

In my opinion, Brighton won't be anywhere near the bottom and the newly-promoted teams will be competitive. So, as with Newcastle. Southampton and Palace, clubs I feel we're on a par with right now, the first thought should always be surviving.

Two new good additions in defence and midfield would give me confidence of pulling clear of those clubs and closer to the Villa's, Everton's, Leeds' etc.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The woman on Sky Sports transfer talk just announced that we are close to securing the signing of Jose Sa. **** hot sky, **** hot.
One word too many there, namely hot..... Still, we aren't a Sky 6 team so who cares....

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Man City sign Grealish, we get Bernardo Silva at a bargain price

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the main l agree with much of that. However last season we had a PL experienced head coach. This year we have an unproven head coach who apparently wants to play much more progressive attacking football but as things stand doesn't appear to have the squad for it. Square pegs in round holes could easily be bloody dangerous. I hope that l am completely wrong but.....

PTW

Reaction score
Not ever going to really progress if we have to sell to buy every year. If it’s just because of the uefa agreement then fine so next year we will open the purse Strings more and bring in more quality but it’s looking fairly bleak at the mo. Spiers saying sell to buy is a ball ache !!
More than 90% of the clubs in the world have to sell their players to generate revenues to bring another players, why would you think Wolves is different than the other clubs? It's mind boggling how some posters here think the best players if having the chance to play on clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, United, City, even Spurs would refuse that chance.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But that's not true really. We were nowhere near relegation last season because the points total was really low. We were 6 points from 17th and we were fortunate, in the eyes of many, to get that many points.

Also, do you think Newcastle will struggle this season? I do. They finished above us.
Southampton? I do, we finished two above them.

So why, if I think they will struggle, and I presume many on here do, would we not?

The return of Raul is a major positive to that as he will hopefully play 28 games more than he did last season but I think his return is countered by the fact we haven't strengthened elsewhere, the best defender is increasingly out with injury and the biggest one of all, we have an unproven manager, which, whilst doesn't have to be a negative, we don't know how he will do.

In my opinion, Brighton won't be anywhere near the bottom and the newly-promoted teams will be competitive. So, as with Newcastle. Southampton and Palace, clubs I feel we're on a par with right now, the first thought should always be surviving.

Two new good additions in defence and midfield would give me confidence of pulling clear of those clubs and closer to the Villa's, Everton's, Leeds' etc.

Villa losing Grealish will be like Wolves losing Raul, he’s irreplaceable to them.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa losing Grealish will be like Wolves losing Raul, he’s irreplaceable to them.
Guess that they better fold the club then.... Seriously, he has been an important player for them but the Vile existed before he was born and will exist after he leaves. Just like our club sustained the loss of past key players and continued.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s crazy how you still use Fulham considering how wrong you’ve been on here in the last year. Quite funny, tbf.

Why you picking on me for not been positive? Sedgwolf is saying we need two new signings to even challenge for the top 8 and I agree with him.

Let’s hope they arrive without selling Neves & Traore and then we can all be positive and happy together as we battle for 8th-10th place this season!!
How wrong I've been. According to you we were in a relegation battle with Fulham who were going to finish above us

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guess that they better fold the club then.... Seriously, he has been an important player for them but the Vile existed before he was born and will exist after he leaves. Just like our club sustained the loss of past key players and continued.

I’m talking about points and the upcoming season, not sentimentalities.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, agree he is as influential to them as Raul was for us but if they have a front three of Buendia, Cantwell & Bailey and Abraham to compete with Watkins then I'd say they will more than make up for the goals and assists.

I think, providing they do go on to get the likes of Abraham, Cantwell and say a Ward-Prowse in midfield, it is a fantastic deal for Villa.

Still hilarious to see the fans crying about this though :D

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Renato Sanches moved on from Lille yet? If we sell those fringe players for £30m I’d be happy to blow the whole lot on him and stick Donck back in defence
Saw a ton of him last year since I got every Lille game to watch David. Very, very good player. I would not be against this.

PTW

Reaction score
Who will leave Sporting this summer from the starters?
Perhaps Nuno Mendes and the other stong chance is Matheus Nunes who wasn't a real starter last season but this season if he stays will be a starter, strong rumours Everton are interested on him.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He actually says we don't need to sell to buy!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who will leave Sporting this summer from the starters?
I’m kind of hoping Nuno Mendes leaves otherwise there is very little chance we’ll realise that £10m we’ve agreed to sell Vinagre for (unless of course Sporting decide to buy him anyway irrespective of the number of appearances should Mendes leave in Jan or next summer). Potentially another less than useful loan

Back
Top Bottom