Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm seem to remember another Milan based fwd forced against his will to join Wolves. That didn’t turn out well. I give you one Patrick Cutrone as a simalarity. My view unless they show some excitement in joining us **** em.
Like Boly…

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm seem to remember another Milan based fwd forced against his will to join Wolves. That didn’t turn out well. I give you one Patrick Cutrone as a simalarity. My view unless they show some excitement in joining us **** em.
Players from Italy will not come here until we remove and ban pineapple on pizza!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a minority I know but I think, with more games, Kilman is a starter at CB.

It's a very difficult one. With Nuno's tactics, a better centre back was near the top of the list, as we spent 60% or more of most games defending!

But in a system and style where we have a lot more of the ball, could our existing centre backs flourish? I'm thinking Coady and Kilman in particular, where passing is amongst their stronger assets.

What level of centre back will genuinely instantly improve us? £20m? £30m? Is there one available in this window?

And is one shortened pre-season enough for Bruno to make the decisions he needs to make on all our players?

We have Coady, Kilman, Boly, Saiss and Mosquera at centre back, plus Otasowie and Dendoncker that can play there if needed.

Starting with any 2 of Coady, Kilman, Boly and Saiss wouldn't be ideal, but it also wouldn't be the end of the world.

It gives them the opportunity to show Bruno what they can do when playing a more expansive style and potentially avoids an expensive mistake if we spend money on a player that proves to be no better.

modenawolf

Reaction score

In particolare, i rossoneri potrebbero sfruttare l’interesse del Wolverhampton per Leao, cercando di proporre uno scambio tra punte con Fabio Silva.

In particular, the Rossoneri could exploit Wolverhampton's interest in Leao, trying to propose an exchange between strikers with Fabio Silva.

---

Never in a million years will Fosun swap Fabio Silva for Leao...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a very difficult one. With Nuno's tactics, a better centre back was near the top of the list, as we spent 60% or more of most games defending!

But in a system and style where we have a lot more of the ball, could our existing centre backs flourish? I'm thinking Coady and Kilman in particular, where passing is amongst their stronger assets.

What level of centre back will genuinely instantly improve us? £20m? £30m? Is there one available in this window?

And is one shortened pre-season enough for Bruno to make the decisions he needs to make on all our players?

We have Coady, Kilman, Boly, Saiss and Mosquera at centre back, plus Otasowie and Dendoncker that can play there if needed.

Starting with any 2 of Coady, Kilman, Boly and Saiss wouldn't be ideal, but it also wouldn't be the end of the world.

It gives them the opportunity to show Bruno what they can do when playing a more expansive style and potentially avoids an expensive mistake if we spend money on a player that proves to be no better.
I think the more expansive style requires quicker centre backs as they will be more exposed. I will be very disappointed if we don’t bring in a proven centre half.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the more expansive style requires quicker centre backs as they will be more exposed. I will be very disappointed if we don’t bring in a proven centre half.

Me too, but I won't be despairing and pulling my hair out. Not until January anyway!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Boly…
I hear this bull **** a lot. It was Wolves Rumours like talk Boly didn’t want to come. It was never written by any respected journalist. Cutrone was. No body as ever been able to find me any detail Boly didn’t want to come. Maybe your exception I look fwd to your reply with the proof Boly didn’t want to come.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hear this bull **** a lot. It was Wolves Rumours like talk Boly didn’t want to come. It was never written by any respected journalist. Cutrone was. No body as ever been able to find me any detail Boly didn’t want to come. Maybe your exception I look fwd to your reply with the proof Boly didn’t want to come.

I can't imagine Boly ever objecting to anything really. He's too nice.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get what you’re saying about defending 60% or more but you can flip that and say that the need for top quality defenders is far greater when the rest of the team isn’t tucked in and defending as a whole.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leao is of course Portuguese as well, would make any move to us easier should he up up for it from a career perspective

Cutrone, like many Italian other players, didn't really want to leave Italy for what felt like more personal reasons. He wanted to stay around Milan and his family ideally, even though the move could have been great for his career

Don't think Leao would have any issues settling in with us if this move happens

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are to play a high press with a high defensive line then we will need pace and mobility in defence and midfield, neither of which we currently have. If we start the season with 2 of Boly/Coady/Saiss/Kilman in defence with 2 of Neves/Moutinho/Donk in midfield it will be carnage. Don’t think West Ham or Liverpool away last season or Burnley at home think Blackburn, Charlton and Chelsea at the start of 2003 for the levels of carnage.

we need faster more mobile more decisive centre backs and we need faster and more mobile midfielders. Nuno’s style hid our weaknesses whereas Lage’s is likely to expose them in full technicolour. Change the defence and midfield and Lage’s system coulld be great as attacking wise I think we could be as strong as almost anyone in the league providing we don’t sell the Crown Jewels and players get fit.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These Martin Braithwaite links seem to be getting stronger... Seen a lot suggest his next club will be us!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was reported in the Portuguese press, specifically A Bola.

He didn’t like the idea of playing in the Championship. It was a year before Nuno, so can’t really blame him.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Braithwaite isn't a terrible player by any stretch, but it feels like a stop gap signing... Fosun don't do stop gap, especially in the summer

Doesn't make sense, it's not like the Willian Jose deal when we were desperate... we're not desperate... spend the money on Kaio Jorge, or Rafa Laeo... they won't spend money on Braithwaite, even a loan will block other players

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Maybe the reason why we get Trincao was that we had to take Braithwaite .

I personally think he is **** and I would prefer Wolves to say sod it lose money and keep Mir and say to Mir or even Cutrone you will be rotating with Raul and will get game time.

As Mir and Cutrone are no worse than Braithwaite IMO they are slightly better

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Braithwaite isn't a terrible player by any stretch, but it feels like a stop gap signing... Fosun don't do stop gap, especially in the summer

Doesn't make sense, it's not like the Willian Jose deal when we were desperate... we're not desperate... spend the money on Kaio Jorge, or Rafa Laeo... they won't spend money on Braithwaite, even a loan will block other players
I would prefer Braithwaite to Vinicius as just don’t get the hype about the latter. I would probably prefer Laeo to Braithwaite but it depends what we want Braithwaite for. Braithwaite would be the experienced hard working forward who can give Jimenez a rest which Laeo can’t do.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this - which is why the likes of Saiss & Dendoncker would not be suited.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the reason why we get Trincao was that we had to take Braithwaite .

I personally think he is **** and I would prefer Wolves to say sod it lose money and keep Mir and say to Mir or even Cutrone you will be rotating with Raul and will get game time.

As Mir and Cutrone are no worse than Braithwaite IMO they are slightly better

I don't think Braithwaite is a great player, but want I saw in the Euro's does suggest for a modest fee he would be a good experienced back-up striker.

I would prefer Laeo without a doubt (and I do think he may come). But as with all these things they are balancing different priorities. If they take Braithwaite for £15m (as an alternative to £25m for Laeo) does that mean they can invest in a better midfielder?

I do think there is a player in Cutrone, but he has never settled and I think it would be better to cut our losses and get £5m or so from someone and put it to a replacement. I am not that sure about Mir, obviously he has had a very good season but can he repeat that in the premier league? More to the point he wants to stay in Spain - I may have missed it, but I have have not seen any suggestion he is joining up with wolves at the training camp?

I think Mir wont be coming back and will be used as a make weight in a deal somewhere.

What ever happens we do need a 3rd striker who can provide competition and cover for injuries, it was a crime we were left so exposed when Jimenez was injured.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

same here mate.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Braithwaite, what is the connection to Mendes? Transfermarkt have him down as a HCM Sports Management client. Is Mendes involved with them?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are to play a high press with a high defensive line then we will need pace and mobility in defence and midfield, neither of which we currently have. If we start the season with 2 of Boly/Coady/Saiss/Kilman in defence with 2 of Neves/Moutinho/Donk in midfield it will be carnage. Don’t think West Ham or Liverpool away last season or Burnley at home think Blackburn, Charlton and Chelsea at the start of 2003 for the levels of carnage.

we need faster more mobile more decisive centre backs and we need faster and more mobile midfielders. Nuno’s style hid our weaknesses whereas Lage’s is likely to expose them in full technicolour. Change the defence and midfield and Lage’s system coulld be great as attacking wise I think we could be as strong as almost anyone in the league providing we don’t sell the Crown Jewels and players get fit.
I view Boly and Kilman as mobile strong and decisive, though not immune to error. But who is?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was reported in the Portuguese press, specifically A Bola.

He didn’t like the idea of playing in the Championship. It was a year before Nuno, so can’t really blame him.
That picture of ‘Boly’ lol

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Braithwaite, what is the connection to Mendes? Transfermarkt have him down as a HCM Sports Management client. Is Mendes involved with them?
He's definitely not Gestifute you're right, I think the only connection is one of Mendes brokering things again for the clubs, rather any direct representation of Braithwaite

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes has connections at Barca, they don't have to be a Mendes client for him to be involved, especially if it's a transfer to us.

Take Raul & Bruno Fernandes for example, both have their own agents, but because Mendes has connections at both Benfica & Sporting, he facilitated their moves to Wolves and Utd respectively

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone is in talks with Sampdoria over a move apparently... If that is the case think another striker will be coming in!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i am not ITK but a mate reckons two new signings lined up in the next couple of days. he knows this because the photographer is booked supposedly. make of it what you will. no names available
Well done, OGH. We love fresh rumours but be prepared for the backlash if they don't transpire - even though you don't have the hallowed ITK status!

Back
Top Bottom