Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

D

Deleted member 5276

“My running joke is that, ‘It’s billion or bust’, Beahon says.

I know which side of that equation I'd favour given that article. Strikes me they are people in a rush and usually when that is the situation mistakes are made.

No idea what the owners are really like but they seem to like the limelight judging from that article. Wish them well but can't help but feel in 5 years time they will be also rans, if they even exist.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those with access to The Athletic there's an article on there about Castore's huge 6-year deal with Newcastle, Wolves mentioned a few times, seems we are very much 2nd fiddle when it comes to their priority given what's in the article. You get the feeling they were hoping Newcastle would get sold to the Saudis and become the next Man City and they could ride that wave for 'free'. Interesting to see if that pays off over the 6 years or not.

Thanks for the article.

If the genuine stuff is Castore, does that make the counterfeit stuff a load of Pollux.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
For those with access to The Athletic there's an article on there about Castore's huge 6-year deal with Newcastle, Wolves mentioned a few times, seems we are very much 2nd fiddle when it comes to their priority given what's in the article. You get the feeling they were hoping Newcastle would get sold to the Saudis and become the next Man City and they could ride that wave for 'free'. Interesting to see if that pays off over the 6 years or not.

For those with access to The Athletic, it's well worth reading the comments under the article. 99% are very negative about Castore and their owners, who appear to be experts at gilding the lilly. Apparently everything is outsourced (design and manufacturing etc.) so Castore are more of a marketing company than a sports manufacturer. Problems with quality and distribution not just 'teething problems' and also called a bunch of cowboys.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's get it straight, we are nowhere near either of those clubs when it comes to selling merchandise

I am sure you are right, especially since we've slipped down the list for neutral fans who saw us as an exciting new club in 2017-19.

However, I'd like to see the data. Get our kit right (better sponsor, for a start), threaten the top 8 again, get those foreign markets going again like we have done with Mexico-Jimenez, and we'd be in a healthy place.

Complete guess but I reckon Rangers sell 500,000 shirts, Newcastle 300k, and us 100k-plus? I'm sure I read a couple of years ago that we'd gone past that figure.

We could easily have a beautiful shirt, if we wanted it, but I guess the grimy Manbet cash outweighs aesthetics right now. Oh for Goodyear......

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those with access to The Athletic, it's well worth reading the comments under the article. 99% are very negative about Castore and their owners, who appear to be experts at gilding the lilly. Apparently everything is outsourced (design and manufacturing etc.) so Castore are more of a marketing company than a sports manufacturer. Problems with quality and distribution not just 'teething problems' and also called a bunch of cowboys.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

their quotes are dreadful, with attitudes like that, they will fall flat on their face.

however i'm very encouraged by our training kit which looks a cut above Newcastle's. I just wonder if Fosun have made sure it's decent, including the 'outsourced' stuff, whereas Newcastle still have Mike Ashley in charge.....

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I doubt Newcastle sell more gear than Rangers to be honest. Let's get it straight, we are nowhere near either of those clubs when it comes to selling merchandise
I spent some time up Newcastle years ago and the amount of folk walking around in NUFC gear is unbelievable, I’d actually say there’s more kit wearing folk than City and United showing in Manchester combined

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spent some time up Newcastle years ago and the amount of folk walking around in NUFC gear is unbelievable, I’d actually say there’s more kit wearing folk than City and United showing in Manchester combined
The barcode army. When they were Adidas the gear was quality, there is a direct correlation between sales and quality, it was apparent in Newcastle back then.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

indeed, the toon on matchday is quite something to behold

however, exponentially (size of city involved) it's not that different to wolves..... i love the fact that, like newcastle, on a sunny day in wolves it feels like everyone is wearing our colours and descending on Mecca. we're very lucky to have that one-club 'city centre' feel which makes Molineux so special

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
As long as on the opening day of the season the numbers stay on the back and the Castore doesn't become store when the Ca fall off we will be ok .

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No longer have access to Athletic. For anyone who has read it, can you confirm if:

Are Newcastle using Castore ,or whoever Castore use, to manufacture their shirts?

Or are they taking control of production in house like we are?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I live in Newcastle and you're right. Been into the centre this morning and it felt like every other person was wearing something with Newcastle United on it. You hardly ever see Man United / Liverpool / Chelsea / Man City shirts there, and if you do they are normally out of town students.

Whenever I wear something Wolves related in the 'toon' I nearly always get stopped. Sometimes by Wolves fans but more often by Newcastle fans just wanting a chat. Today a bloke stopped me in Waterstones and said he was from Northern Ireland and showed me a photo on his phone that he took when viewing George Best's bedroom of a replica Wolves kit that George had as a kid.

Very very rarely I've seen blokes in Sunderland shirts. One of them was in the toilets in Fenwick's changing his top because he was getting so much abuse and said he was scared it would turn into violence!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No longer have access to Athletic. For anyone who has read it, can you confirm if:

Are Newcastle using Castore ,or whoever Castore use, to manufacture their shirts?

Different model to ours. Appears that Newcastle have handed the whole shebang over to Castore, from design, manufacturing and retail.

I don’t have too much of a problem with what the Castore owner said, the Newcastle contract clearly is a massive deal for them and they’re relying on shifting huge numbers to make the contract worthwhile and raise the profile of the brand. Ours is very different and clearly we’re taking a bigger cut of the profits for a lower Castore investment.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Castore are taking over everything at Newcastle, even the running of the club store and website. Castore also in control of production.

Screenshot_20210709-145402.png

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different model to ours. Appears that Newcastle have handed the whole shebang over to Castore, from design, manufacturing and retail.

I don’t have too much of a problem with what the Castore owner said, the Newcastle contract clearly is a massive deal for them and they’re relying on shifting huge numbers to make the contract worthwhile and raise the profile of the brand. Ours is very different and clearly we’re taking a bigger cut of the profits for a lower Castore investment.
Castore are taking over everything at Newcastle, even the running of the club store and website. Castore also in control of production.

View attachment 22387

Thanks for that guys.

Agree, I quite like the model we've gone for.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure you are right, especially since we've slipped down the list for neutral fans who saw us as an exciting new club in 2017-19.

However, I'd like to see the data. Get our kit right (better sponsor, for a start), threaten the top 8 again, get those foreign markets going again like we have done with Mexico-Jimenez, and we'd be in a healthy place.

Complete guess but I reckon Rangers sell 500,000 shirts, Newcastle 300k, and us 100k-plus? I'm sure I read a couple of years ago that we'd gone past that figure.

We could easily have a beautiful shirt, if we wanted it, but I guess the grimy Manbet cash outweighs aesthetics right now. Oh for Goodyear......
Seriously the reason we arent selling as many shirts as others has absolutely zero to do with the sponsor. Barcelona could be sponsored by a puppy farm and still sell millions of them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely that. That was always a big motivation for Ashley to buy them. Newcastle are without doubt a merchandise dream.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously the reason we arent selling as many shirts as others has absolutely zero to do with the sponsor. Barcelona could be sponsored by a puppy farm and still sell millions of them.
Even with fake shirts being sold all over the city as well lol!

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spot on, when they were sponsored by UNICEF I bet they only sold as many shirts as what they did with airline company’s and the like

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, Newcastle have a betting sponsor. Just saying our sales would improve significantly (I think) with a better design / sponsor. Just my opinion.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
presume no new kit unveil tomorrow morning then, with RAN being announced this evening

Waiting for Trincao?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, Newcastle have a betting sponsor. Just saying our sales would improve significantly (I think) with a better design / sponsor. Just my opinion.
I'd say sales would improve slightly myself. The foreign markets don't care about that. A few years ago there were thousands of Arab kids running around with UNICEF on their midriffs.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would've gone back to lecoqsportif just because that's the first kits I remember having. No idea if they was any good

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Castore adverts keep popping up on my zfB page. Their archive sale has nearly 60% off. The comments below aren’t at all complimentary. Apparently their quality have dipped significantly as they’ve grown. Biggest complaint is letters/logos coming off in the wash.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castore adverts keep popping up on my zfB page. Their archive sale has nearly 60% off. The comments below aren’t at all complimentary. Apparently their quality have dipped significantly as they’ve grown. Biggest complaint is letters/logos coming off in the wash.
Once again, wolves (or Fosun) are handling production of the fans stuff so should be different to Newcastle / rangers

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once again, wolves (or Fosun) are handling production of the fans stuff so should be different to Newcastle / rangers
Any one thought that Fosun might be interested in a purchase if they get the production right and Castore can’t.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we complain about our Sponsor, but my god it's definitely not as bad as Newcastles after seeing their new top.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Before Le coq Sportiff jumped in after Admiral in the relegation season I was told that ProStar were in place and the deal had been signed but one party reneged, how true that is I don’t know

Blimey that would have been peak Moxey. I'd have preferred Spall to ******g ProStar

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Different (cheaper) price is a good start, been on the Newcastle shop to be nosey and their shirts are selling for £65 as oppose to ours which are staying at £55.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats with these second rate kit suppliers ala these lot and burrda and putting useless black panels all over our shirt? It looks like this could've been worn by Andy Keough

I suspect that they want to take considerably less margin from the sale of each shirt than Adidas etc.
Apart from the first seasons shirts which were excellent, I don’t think the other adidas efforts were anything to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom