Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Tickets

D

Deleted member 11332

interesting figures .article I read said that average income for 65+ fell by1.1%
highest disposable income was age group 45-54
lowest was over 85
this was dec.2020

Average for working households has dropped exponentially this year. 65+ has stayed the same. The gaps actually wider now than ever.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before, if the wish is to maximise revenue the obvious focus should be on concessions. I'm an OAP and followed Wolves home and away for well over 50 years but logically any concession should focus on support with longevity.

Reaction score
With the Covid 'lockdown' still having another month to run (at least) that leaves just 4 weeks till the season's opening. I suppose the Club can announce ST prices in the meantime irrespective of numbers allowed into the ground? This is a real headache for clubs as in August perhaps there will be 30/50% allowed in and if Covid figures fall this number will increase over the season and hopefully around Xmas perhaps we will have full capacity? Personally I can't see myself ready to go to Molineux in August (certainly not the SBU) but I may feel differently as the year goes on. I wonder if those who want to renew will have to pay up front but if seats not available due to limited capacity then refunds will be offered? Not sure how this will all work.
Personally I’ll be ready to go as soon as we can, I’m fully vaccinated and have no concerns at all about getting back in there. It will be interesting to see how Wolves handle it if they can’t have full capacity crowds from the start.

Reaction score
I've never understood the oap discount personally. Most will be mortgage free with no major outgoings. Compared to the average 30 year old bloke they'd probably have double the disposable income.
Well I might be mortgage free but I have nowhere near as much disposable income as I had when I was working so I for one very much appreciate the 65+ discount which I will shortly be eligible for.

D

Deleted member 11332

one point I (getting a bit off topic) I would make is that you have to maintain an owned property as opposed to renting
asset rich and cash poor.
interesting debate though

Well, yes but without any mortgage to pay which for most people accounts for the majority of their outgoings per month. You'd still have to maintain the property.

D

Deleted member 11332

Well I might be mortgage free but I have nowhere near as much disposable income as I had when I was working so I for one very much appreciate the 65+ discount which I will shortly be eligible for.

Fair play, I'd definitely appreciate being given a discount for no reason aswell so can't knock that.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said above, can't see it myself. With new infections increasing daily, mainly among the young ( predominantly football-going age) , there is no way we could socially distance, say in the SBU. This will be a nightmare for clubs. I said sometime ago, and it got good support on here, that those, like me, who would forego their ST this season would have it guaranteed for the following season. This would ease demand this season and free up seats for those that wanted to go. Seems a win-win to me but doubt anything will come of it!
No, why should they, particularly for concessionaries, maybe if you have a long history as ST holder?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My moms 84, owns her own house, has just over £220 per wk pension and says shes never had so much money !! My hubby is 65 next month & very much hopes the discount is still in place :)

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see a vaccine passport being required to attend. I expect/hope that grounds will be full come August, no reason not to be if everything is eased on 19th July. Fully respect those with concerns and would hope that a deferment scheme could be put in place. I also think we’ll have to live with COVID going forward anyway.
This is the point. Why would anyone believe they will be lifted in July?
The government is obsessed with Covid, it's beyond a joke now.
I'd have no issue sitting in a full stadium as normal romorrow but if the last 15 months of chaos have proved then the people in charge are largely stupid.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Summary of 2021/22 prices based on the recent Athletic article.

Us and Newcastle are the only ones to not set the prices yet.

View attachment 22010

Based on the club's comments about our tickets being "on the cheap side", this is useful to gauge how much of an increase we might see.

An 18% increase to the average would put us around Southampton and West Ham's average levels.

A 25% increase in the average puts us up to around Brighton's average level, who currently have the highest average outside the 'Big 6'.
When you look at that, it’s really the higher end tickets which are out of kilter with the clubs they referenced and the lower end prices are actually quite high.

The problem the club have though is they perhaps didn’t give those in the more expensive seats the option to move to a cheaper area when they could have or at least forewarned them as other clubs have done (City did) and allowed them to move themselves.

Saying that if you look at Villa, there shouldn’t need to be anything more than a minor increase at the top end and there’s an argument for a drop at the other.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at that, it’s really the higher end tickets which are out of kilter with the clubs they referenced and the lower end prices are actually quite high.

The problem the club have though is they perhaps didn’t give those in the more expensive seats the option to move to a cheaper area when they could have or at least forewarned them as other clubs have done (City did) and allowed them to move themselves.

Saying that if you look at Villa, there shouldn’t need to be anything more than a minor increase at the top end and there’s an argument for a drop at the other.

That’s also where a bigger/better stadium allows for big price differentials. There’s really not a lot of difference between any of the seats at Molineux, so they struggle to justify a big price differential.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anbody who had a 2019/20 season ticket see anything in their online accounts to show the 4 games credit?

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Can anbody who had a 2019/20 season ticket see anything in their online accounts to show the 4 games credit?
I can see a history but it makes no sense. I certainly can't see the 4 game credit. I wouldn't worry though, about 22k season ticket holders will kick off if they 'forget' about them.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can see a history but it makes no sense. I certainly can't see the 4 game credit. I wouldn't worry though, about 22k season ticket holders will kick off if they 'forget' about them.
Why dont you ask for a refund now while ir's quiet?

bully9

Reaction score
I'll give it them not fussed just let me get back into the ground please ,

R

reanswolf

They could at least announce the bloody 'intended' prices - let us know how much extra we will have to pay.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are going to come a cropper if they push it back again. The UK public have been embarrassingly weak so far and allowed them to take people's liberty and livelihoods away but I see more and more now that they are being ignored. Rarely any masks when I go out locally, people not distancing. If they say in July it's got to continue I think there's going to be serious repercussions for Boris the knobhead.

i think we're getting there and should be patient until more people double jabbed. that's when i'll personally feel happy about going into a football stadium full of other people

D

Deleted member 11332

i think we're getting there and should be patient until more people double jabbed. that's when i'll personally feel happy about going into a football stadium full of other people

I disagree. The whole lockdown was to 'save the nhs' most over 50 have been jabbed so the risk to the NHS gone. Open up. I'd go into a stadium full of people with covid right now, I've had it so I'll have antibodies and either way the chances of dying from it for me are as small as being run over.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i think vinny is walking into a PR disaster by waiting

he's about to hike up prices just as the town emerges knackered from covid. appreciate it's tricky but not great timing

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. The whole lockdown was to 'save the nhs' most over 50 have been jabbed so the risk to the NHS gone. Open up. I'd go into a stadium full of people with covid right now, I've had it so I'll have antibodies and either way the chances of dying from it for me are as small as being run over.

i've had one jab, so 33% effective against indian variant. I'd like to wait for second jab

we'll be there by mid july hopefully

D

Deleted member 11332

i've had one jab, so 33% effective against indian variant. I'd like to wait for second jab

we'll be there by mid july hopefully

And that is your choice, that doesn't mean others should have that choice also. Open it and if people don't want to go that's up to them isn't it.

If it isn't open by mid July I think we'll see rioting that'll make Brixton look like a kids tea party, and that's what they've brought on themselves.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that is your choice, that doesn't mean others should have that choice also. Open it and if people don't want to go that's up to them isn't it.

If it isn't open by mid July I think we'll see rioting that'll make Brixton look like a kids tea party, and that's what they've brought on themselves.
probably see some results at the trial events such as silverstone ,could be 100,000
in a few weeks time

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

so you've had two jabs and it's okay...... how would you feel if you'd had one? either way, no point you and me arguing the toss here.

i don;t agree about the 'rioting', i think the vaccination effort has been immense and we're nearly there. hopefully by the time the new football season kicks off

anyhow tory backbenchers won't let boris carry on for any longer than it really needs to. he will get kicked out by his own party if he did that

Yamalritee

Reaction score
How dare you want to enjoy your life and go to a football match for 90 minutes! It’s only been 15 months.......

D

Deleted member 11332

so you've had two jabs and it's okay...... how would you feel if you'd had one? either way, no point you and me arguing the toss here.

i don;t agree about the 'rioting', i think the vaccination effort has been immense and we're nearly there. hopefully by the time the new football season kicks off

anyhow tory backbenchers won't let boris carry on for any longer than it really needs to. he will get kicked out by his own party if he did that

I've had zero jabs and won't be in a rush to have one either. As I say, I've had the virus and my immune system beat it so therefore antibodies and immunity, why would I need a jab. I don't have one for the flu.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had zero jabs and won't be in a rush to have one either. As I say, I've had the virus and my immune system beat it, why would I need a jab. I don't have one for the flu.

ah apologies, misread that

whatever.... you, me and 60m other opinions.... i can see where you're coming from with these comments, and you can see where i am coming from with mine..... who knows who is definitely right (whcih sadly is the biggest problem post truth)

let's hope we're all back at molineux soon.

D

Deleted member 11332

ah apologies, misread that

whatever.... you, me and 60m other opinions.... i can see where you're coming from with these comments, and you can see where i am coming from with mine..... who knows who is definitely right (whcih sadly is the biggest problem post truth)

let's hope we're all back at molineux soon.

We won't see who is right ever as we won't be allowed to make the decision for ourselves. But **** me I hope we are man, I hate it atm.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I’ll be ready to go as soon as we can, I’m fully vaccinated and have no concerns at all about getting back in there. It will be interesting to see how Wolves handle it if they can’t have full capacity crowds from the start.
I have my second jab this coming Wednesday. I'm ready to rock n' roll.

Back
Top Bottom