Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

THANK YOU NUNO!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a very different sadness, but I don't think I've been so sad after a game since Wembley and Brighton away 2013.

Thanks Nuno, you were more than just a manager, and always will be. Good luck.

I think it’s worse than Wembley. After Wembley I didn’t feel like it was quite our time, but with the journey we were on our time would come.

The journey has ended today. Proper heartache stuff.

D

Deleted member 8123

Let's not forget we were so close to the champions league.
Good luck Nuno, teams feared us.
Onwards and upwards.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks again Nuno, not just for the football side of things..but for getting me through a very tough period in my life, when mental health issues wreaked havoc on my being...you and the lads were a big part of what helped me get through a very difficult period, particularly the Championship winning campaign. Not to make too much of it but I was in a very dark place, considering all sorts of nasty ways out and the joy of those precious moments likely took the edge off just enough that I'm still here today, still a little broken and fragile...but here nonetheless.
Thank you sir and very best wishes to you and your family. x

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks again Nuno, not just for the football side of things..but for getting me through a very tough period in my life, when mental health issues wreaked havoc on my being...you and the lads were a big part of what helped me get through a very difficult period, particularly the Championship winning campaign. Not to make too much of it but I was in a very dark place, considering all sorts of nasty ways out and the joy of those precious moments likely took the edge off just enough that I'm still here today, still a little broken and fragile...but here nonetheless.
Great post, hope you're in a better place. Many of us have been there at some stage, come and join us for a pint next season, @Hot Fuss has promised to actually buy a round, keep safe.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Probably total rubbish but there is a rumour on social media (yes I know!!) that Nuno is having a 12 month sabbatical and we will have a temporary manager until he returns. Surely must be nonsense!
It was his see you soon that fueled that

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So pleased I went down the ground before and after the match. Got to say thank you to Nuno and my son caught a shirt from Neves that he will cherish. Nuno thanked the Wolves fans for waiting in the rain and said Wolverhampton will always be in his heart.

I’m so glad you and the others did that, fair play to you!!
It’s what most of us would have wanted to do!

I salute all the ticketless fans who went today just to wish him well and bid farewell!!

Thanks guys

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly the same for me pal, and glad you're in a better place today, despite his leaving.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will miss the most (and the thing I find the most concerning) is that with Nuno at the helm, we knew we had someone in charge who genuinely gave a **** about the club. Someone who you know would have the clubs back and take no **** from Jeff. He is a rare breed and the connection at Wolves is unique - we will not get that again imo. He is a club legend, I wish him all the best wherever he ends up next and hope that he can come back as a guest one day to get the ovation he really deserved from a full house.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will miss the most (and the thing I find the most concerning) is that with Nuno at the helm, we knew we had someone in charge who genuinely gave a **** about the club. Someone who you know would have the clubs back and take no **** from Jeff. He is a rare breed and the connection at Wolves is unique - we will not get that again imo. He is a club legend, I wish him all the best wherever he ends up next and hope that he can come back as a guest one day to get the ovation he really deserved from a full house.

Well said Matt... a perfect post for today’s events!

Thanks mate!

D

Deleted member 11332

As recently posted on the verdict thread.

I would rather support a PL club of perennial mid table finishers with him in the seat than with a 'global brand' talk the talk walk the walk mercenary.

Ar least we would know we are all here for the right reasons.

I can get that if the end result is the same. If the latter delivers champions League football and trophies though then surely you'd be happier?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Stay strong my friend, tomorrow is another day. I am sure there will be many more great memories to be made yet.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
May of us have suffered through supporting Wolves for 40 years but the last 4 years have helped wash away the constant disappointments and failures.

Over the last fours years, we've seen the best football and some of the best players to have ever graced the shirt.

The fact this season feels a let down just shows how far we've come since the dark days.

My only wish would have been that Sir Jack was still around to have seen it. I bet he'd have had an absolute field day.

Nuno should rightly go down as a legend in the club's history books.

If Graham Turner started the journey back , Nuno Espirtito Santo delivered the last leg.

The king is dead.

Long live the king.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can get that if the end result is the same. If the latter delivers champions League football and trophies though then surely you'd be happier?
Not particularly,

Winning stuff isn't the big driving force for me supporting the club. It's about other things before that,That's what Nuno 'got'. Rare in today's game of badge kissing mercenary's everywhere you look with their cynical passion making me sick.

He 'got it' and it showed.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What follows is not my post, but I found it on Facebook and share it here!!

It’s not about the football.

It’s about what he’s done for our city and our community.
It’s about what he’s done for the homeless on our streets in Wolverhampton.
It’s about the staff at new cross.
It’s about the programs he’s helped open at our schools and community centres.
It’s about the time he gives to the kids, the people out shopping.

It’s the love he has for our city.

His love goes beyond football.

And I’m not afraid to say that I’m crying with him now.

Yes managers come and go in football, but nobody...nobody at all will be able to fill the void he’s leaving our city with.

We love you so much Nuno ❤️

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally wrong this, I don’t give a **** what anyone says. Madness.
I remain thankful for one thing, and that is that he wasn’t shown the door part way through a season. Appreciate it seems he’s not exactly left on his terms, but he’s been afforded the opportunity to say goodbye properly, and the fans have shown their appreciation in return.

I guess more will come out over the next few weeks, I’m still annoyed and upset mind. The other thing that’s defined his reign for me is the lack of cliched *******s that the likes of Allardyce come out with

D

Deleted member 11332

Sorry to hear of your struggle and very much hope you can get the support and help to get yourself in a better place. But This is football to me, the stuff that youll never understand if you don't have the bug. It can do magical things.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess more will come out over the next few weeks, I’m still annoyed and upset mind.
More truth or more Wolves media department trying to force through their "narrative" via the convenient stooges in the media?

You can bet that Nuno, like all Wolves managers, will be NDA'd up to his rear end and unable to say anything.

Back
Top Bottom