Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rio Ferdinand

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Absolutely unacceptable, but it feels a little unnecessary for Rio to link this with the club in such a visible way. To all intents and purposes, it looks like it was dealt with swiftly, effectively and appropriately. By all means slate the club if they ignored it, but they did everything right here.
Oh **** off, he got racially abused by a Wolves fan and he didn't mention the club at all. Shameful deflection

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully the individual will be identified and banned. Just sad that there are still individuals around with those views disgraceful

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? What does writing "abused by a Wolves fan" add to the debate that "abused by a fan" doesn't?

As I explained, most people seeing the Tweet won't have been watching - they won't even know what game he was covering. Also, it would be weird to just say "abused by a fan", that would sound like he'd been abused by a Rio Ferdinand fan, no-one would phrase it like that.

It's a factual comment. It's tough to complain about people stating facts.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I give up, honestly. Ridiculous post and already hoovering up some likes. So many dinosaurs here, there, and everywhere.
Totally unsurprising from him. This is the guy, who's first reaction to the Super League was to criticise Marcus Rashford for not immediately issuing a statement against it. Best ignored.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah and then completely undermined those two precious words by having a dig at the person who's just been racially abused. It's a disgraceful comment.
Well I can only apologise for unequivocally condemning what happened today in a way that was not to your liking.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
This is exactly why players and staff continue to take the knee.

On a day where Wolves fans gather to pay homage to one of our greatest Managers (who, of course, is the only BAME Manager in the Premier League), to behave like that beggars belief.

Absolute ****.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s at Molineux, it was a Wolves fan. Why not?
On a personal level, I didn't think that the it was relevant to what happened. It's disappointing, as the club have been involved in several campaigns against racism and in the minds of a neutral it ties a link between abhorrent behaviour and the club.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
On a personal level, I didn't think that the it was relevant to what happened. It's disappointing, as the club have been involved in several campaigns against racism and in the minds of a neutral it ties a link between abhorrent behaviour and the club.
Would you have had the same concern about an incident elsewhere.?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone summarise what was said on Bt Sport about it please or post a link, I had to take the dog for a walk and missed it

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you have had the same concern about an incident elsewhere.?
Yes. I have first hand experience of this problem and it is one that blights society - not just football and not just a club within football. When it starts to be treated as the preserve of the 'bad uns' (Chelsea, Milwall et al), then it becomes really easy to say 'not a problem with my club'.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone summarise what was said on Bt Sport about it please or post a link, I had to take the dog for a walk and missed it
Said the fans were brilliant today just a small minority trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. I have first hand experience of this problem and it is one that blights society - not just football and not just a club within football. When it starts to be treated as the preserve of the 'bad uns' (Chelsea, Milwall et al), then it becomes really easy to say 'not a problem with my club'.
We’re not a bad one, but today was a problem for our club. There was no attempt to use the incident as a reflection of Wolves, but I have no problem with any identification of where the incident took place. Perhaps it’s the opposite to your excuse in actually illustrating it still can happen anywhere.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Rio made a point of praising the fans and just saying it was one idiot. Spoke very well, said he'd like to just talk to and educate the perpetrator as punishment was pointless. Pathetic that people can still oppose taking the knee to highlight racism and pretend this problem doesn't exist.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rio made a point of praising the fans and just saying it was one idiot. Spoke very well, said he'd like to just talk to and educate the perpetrator as punishment was pointless. Pathetic that people can still oppose taking the knee to highlight racism and pretend this problem doesn't exist.
Very classy from Rio I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom