Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno’s gone

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His heart and head have clearly not been in it for a while. Probably best thing for him and Wolves. His style of football can only take you so far and I think may have gotten us relegated next season. Have to say, though, what a fantastic journey these last few seasons have been! Bristol City and Man City victories the stand-out highlights from so many. Nuno and the players have put us back on the football map. He deserves a full, loud and emotional Molineux, to send him off. Alas, that's not possible, although lucky buggers there on Sunday will no doubt shed a tear or two or three. That's the saddest thing about this announcement. Best of luck Nuno. Despite this season, we love you.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have been deeply unimpressed with Nuno for a year or so but blimey, I was going to give him some more time.

Huge appointment ahead for Jeff.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope Big Sams big money offer from the Albion wasn’t rejected for this reason. Can you imagine

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm.....mutual consent suggests he was given the right to walk away head held high. Reports from Fabrizio Romano that we already in talks with Lage suggest this was Fosuns plan and not necessarily Nuno's.

Forget football, Nuno just an all round top man. Honoured he graced our club.
I thought this.

The way it's come across on social media and SSN is that Nuno's walked away. 'Mutual agreement' is usually a nice way of saying sacked. Obviously don't think Nuno has been sacked but if it was his call then we wouldn't have needed to put mutual agreement.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Beyond gutted....just hope the fragmentation of the back room and playing set up isn’t too damaging and that proactive action is in place. The naysayers will now see the consequences of what they wished for...

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What normally happens with Mendes clubs, when the manager goes, so do many of the star players. Transfers going out and coming in. He will be making a fortune, either way. It is always a cyclical thing. If you have a manager and star players at a club for a long time, there isn't so much money to be made.
I think some players would have know about this for a long time.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the spirit, get behind the next guy eh :tearsofjoy:

I would rather have Jeff Shi try and manage than that oaf.

Rafa Benítez is good choice, and has won european trophies. He also is out of a contract in June

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is really ****ty to realise that Nuno is a footballing casualty only because of covid. No one knows how this season would've fared without covid but it feels unfair that this happened with Nuno. As if he had the rug pulled out from under him, but I suppose everyone had to deal with it this season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The timing is probably just about right.
I had lost confidence in Nuno being able to develop the way we want to play the game further.
I WANT GRAHAM POTTER..would fit us like a glove IMO.
Give Mr Potter a decent warchest..and we will be going places.
I like Graham Potter and I'd much prefer him to any of the nomarks mentioned so far.

I think Nuno is a better manager though.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno said:

“Since the first day we arrived at Compton, our ambition was to make a positive change and push this football club forward, and I am proud to say that we did that every single day. We achieved our goals, we did it with passion and we did it together.

“Firstly, I want to thank the supporters, who have all played such an important part in helping us reach new heights for Wolves, and the people of the city, who embraced us and made us feel at home.
“I, of course, want to thank all of the staff at Wolves, for their support and total commitment, every single day.
“Most importantly, I want to thank each-and-every player that we’ve worked with since the day we started, for their loyalty, their dedication, hard work and talent. They are the ones who have made this amazing journey possible for us.
“Sunday will be a very emotional day, but I am so happy that the fans will be back in Molineux and we can share one last special moment together, as one pack.”

What have Wolves said?​

Wolves' executive chairman Jeff Shi said: “Nuno has brought us some incredibly special moments at Wolves that will never be forgotten, but every chapter comes to an end.
“His loyalty and dedication over the last four years has been immeasurable, and we cannot thank him enough for the progress he has made for Wolves.
“Sunday was already going to be a very special day, welcoming our supporters back for the first time in more than a year; but it will also now be a fitting goodbye for someone who will forever remain an important part of Wolves history.”
Sounds like he was pushed to me, but I hope it was his own decision.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay deep breath, it's not the tactics I'll miss which of late have been questionable. The bigger question is this the end of the project??
Is this a sign fosun are reducing effort? No stadium revamp, investment to sustain rather than grow. I'm a little concerned.
Not only do we need a good coach we need a sporting director, I question Geoffs ability in this role not his many other hats as he appears superb in other roles.
I hope nuno does get spurs or villa( they seem to have stolen our ambition) personally I think hell have a break and look at spain or Portugal. Good luck fella thanks for the memories

The project continues on. More youth players to be bought as speculative assets to be moved on like Jota for a profit. Will we benefit as a club? Sure, I don't doubt that but I've accepted that much of what Fosun says is branding/PR speak about competing with the best etc. Still better than being Sunderland or the ****.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Very sad. We may have had better mangers and may yet but we will struggle to find a better man. Conducted himself with dignity a credit to the club. Wish him every success. I still think he would have taken us further next year but we'll never know.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would this mean back room staff are going too?
almost certainly, and he brought in a lot of them from fitness coaches to performance analysts. Going to need a big recruitment campaign. I hope Fosun have a plan - the summer transfer window is now more important than ever.

Egalian

Reaction score
Egal, Luis Castro and Paulo Fonseca would also be good choices.
But Lage is very good manager. If it wasn't for him for Félix would still be at Benfica.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
She's been right on some transfer news in the past and Fabrizio Romano has cited her news before and follows her. Doesn't make for good reading if true

Jesus, I hope this is not true, but she does sound legit looking at some of her previous posts. I constantly reminded myself over the last 4 years to enjoy it while it lasted. I hope this wasn't a golden period and we have now peaked and now can only look forward to the standard Premier League Wolves of just staying in the division each season. I enjoyed hoping for Europe.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sad
Heard that mendes and fosun had massive falling out
I totally believe this. I don't think Fosun are willing to spend any more of their own money. I mean, we've seen this in the last two summer transfer windows. The Nuno "small squad" nonsense to me always seemed like him trying to cover for Fosun's unwillingness to splash cash for the Dias type of players necessary to make the big step up.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Nuno will leave with his head held high and the respect of all true Wolves fans. I just hope that he is leaving for his own reasons. I do have to say though that even given the exceptional circumstances him leaving with six months of signing a new three year contract is strange.

I hope that those of us who wanted him to stay and were concerned about what might happen if he left are wrong.

I truly hope that those small minority who wanted him gone and claimed that we would do better under a new manager are correct.

If, God forbid, the more extreme social media fringe of our fanbase (perhaps including some on here) were anything to do with a good, honest and decent man leaving our club then l genuinely hope that they burn in hell forever.

Edited to add: My apologies for doubting a couple of people who were genuinely ITK on here. You will never know just how sad l am that you were right though.
Chap he hasn’t looked happy all season. The club gave him a crap summer transfer window and he has probably been told to sell before he buys. Who knows

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
almost certainly, and he brought in a lot of them from fitness coaches to performance analysts. Going to need a big recruitment campaign. I hope Fosun have a plan - the summer transfer window is now more important than ever.

Thought as much :worried: well if the aim was to stop us stressing about how massive a task the transfer window will be, it’s worked!

Although was it a case of this being on the cards for a while and it passed through to the players? Maybe a new manager will invigorate those who have lost form recently. Might end up praying that this is the case if rumours that there is no money to spend is true

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welp we will see this summer if Fosun is - just like that article referenced - in it to pump and dump football clubs and their young talents. If Nuno really did leave because there was no investment, I am 100% behind him. I have a really bad feeling about this especially if we try and replace Nuno with a lightweight like Lage, or Scott Parker.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will leave with his head held high and the respect of all true Wolves fans. I just hope that he is leaving for his own reasons. I do have to say though that even given the exceptional circumstances him leaving with six months of signing a new three year contract is strange.

I hope that those of us who wanted him to stay and were concerned about what might happen if he left are wrong.

I truly hope that those small minority who wanted him gone and claimed that we would do better under a new manager are correct.

If, God forbid, the more extreme social media fringe of our fanbase (perhaps including some on here) were anything to do with a good, honest and decent man leaving our club then l genuinely hope that they burn in hell forever.

Edited to add: My apologies for doubting a couple of people who were genuinely ITK on here. You will never know just how sad l am that you were right though.
I didn´t expect it at all,not at this point.
There might be something rotten in Denmark here...time will tell.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely gutted, ive actually just had a cry
Whatever happens in the future and as Wolves fans we are well aware of the highs and lows, Nuno Espirito Santo, put Wolverhampton Wanderers back on the football map. I never thought I would see Wolves in Quarter finals of the European League, or we would come 7th 2 years on the trot. Nuno did that for us. I am gutted he is leaving, but nothing will ever take away the pride he brought back for Wolves fans.

Thank you Nuno and God bless you and your family and all the best for the future.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well that’s a shock! Thanks Nuno for the good times.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi guys so my information was spot on about NUNO leaving think i posted 4 weeks ago .THE KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING .x
Well done mate! I didn't believe you at the time (not because I doubted you, just that I felt/hoped the info couldn't be true), but turns out you knew your onions

Any news on the new appointment?

Back
Top Bottom