Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa vs Wolves. The Verdict.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess I should have expected many of the posters with the critical thinking abilities of a chimp to converge on this thread.
It's always the case when we don't win, mate.

Not saying that any criticism of Nuno means you're a dope. My best mate things it's time for a change and hes one of the cleverest guys I know (he's certainly the cleverest guy you know, right Gareth?)

It just makes me despair that the bulk of the posts on this forum are from 'that sort' of fan. Every club has them. Club has to be on an upward progression at all times. No consideration of the zero sum element of all sport etc. I wonder if we have always been like this as a fan base?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want Nuno sacked, but anyone who does want him sacked is justified.

This is embarrassing. We're clinging on to the fact that we created two golden chances from set-pieces. Nothing from open play. Not a thing.

How can this be the case? Awful.

The first half thing is nothing new, so Coady and Nuno saying things like they can't put their finger on it just doesn't wash. We don't play with the same intensity. There's nothing stopping you running or closing the opposition down, and it happens every week, so it's clearly a plan.

It's so frustrating because this group of players should be capable of much better performances.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

First half continued our recent trend of awful first halves where we have been saved by bits of luck that we weren’t getting earlier in the season. Defensively all over the place, midfield giving the ball away continuously and absolutely no cohesion in attack.

Much more intent in the second half and probably should have gone on to win it with two poor misses from Coady (great save on the second to be fair) and an almost unbelievable one from Saiss.

Patricio 6
Dendoncker 5
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Semedo 6
Neves 6
Moutinho 5
Jonny 5
Traore 5
Jose 5
Neto 7

At the end of the last two seasons, I felt we just needed small tweaks in the Summer. Following on from the last 4 months, I think we need a far bigger overhaul.

The only players who I am convinced we need to build around are:

Rui
Semedo, ???, Boly, ???
???, Neves, ???
???, Raul, Neto
Boly isn’t good enough any more. Jonny is.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Nuno but he’s yesterday’s man. The players are there but the system isn’t. Far too cautious, even when the opposition is weakened. I can’t stand this set up much more and I think the players are of a similar opinion.
It's like giving Michaelangelo a colouring book and some wax crayons from Poundland.

Please, somebody - preferably Nuno - allow them to express their talents.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is embarrassing. We're clinging on to the fact that we created two golden chances from set-pieces. Nothing from open play. Not a thing.

The first half thing is nothing new, so Coady and Nuno saying things like they can't put their finger on it just doesn't wash. We don't play with the same intensity. There's nothing stopping you running or closing the opposition down, and it happens every week, so it's clearly a plan.

It's so frustrating because this group of players should be capable of much better performances.
I essentially agree.

It infuriated me to hear those comments. I mean....that's their job!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neto forces a good save from open play

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than the odd game here and there, pretty much every single game is boring as ****. It really isn’t just us.

Try watching without the fake crowd noise. It’s feels like you are watching a training session.

I genuinely don’t think this season should even have counted. It’s that far removed from proper premier league football it’s laughable.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironic, you trying to shore points when you’re just the same

Ok then you crack on with your Nuno out banner
We need to upgrade. We can do that everywhere. All because someone takes us so far, if we’re wanting further why should only the players be considered. Yeh, Nuno has done well, best success in my lifetime but does than mean we have to stick with him forever? Is that how really successful projects work...?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% do not want Nuno to leave. I want him to be given the exact players he wants and a war chest to implement what he wants to achieve.

My worry is that for all this talk of evolution and playing a possession based, more attacking game we haven’t got anywhere near achieving it. We’ve hoofed the ball clear more than I’ve seen from any premier league side in ages, we’ve had less shots and scored less goals than we have in years (obviously Raul being injured doesn’t help) and we’ve also committed less players forwards.

Basically the evolution has been a shambles, a real **** show. I’m hoping and praying that this is down to no pre-season, Raul being injured, injuries to key players and a hectic schedule. I’m hoping that it is not because Nuno and the coaching team don’t have it in them to change the style effectively.

D

Deleted member 4184

Saiss is a serial offender at costing us points, and what do you do with serial offenders?? YOU LOCK THEM UP!

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
1 Point closer to the 38/40 mark.

Can't believe that first half again we're neither one thing or the other, I can understand the negative tactics if we were prime AC Milan but we have 7 defenders and still give up glaring opportunities every single game. The first Konsa miss is equal to Saiss for me at least he had time to expect it coming to him. And the one when Dendoncker overstretched himself and Watkins chose to pass rather than shoot just as bad.

2nd half we improved and looked more at it, but created nothing really outside the 2 set pieces.

Dunno what more can be said now, the decent players we have play, the bench has no improvements on it. And yet we've had 2 years of only trying to play in the 2nd half.

D

Deleted member 11332

Saiss unlucky, I mean how can you be unlucky for kicking a ball over from 2 yards. Granted Coady should of scored how was he not unlucky yet Saiss was apparently unlucky.

He's not a striker who's anticipating it. By the time he had reached the ball was past him. It's a shocking miss but I can see why he missed it. Be a lot more critical if it was Jose or Silva. Coadys were both sitters in their own right though.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to upgrade. We can do that everywhere. All because someone takes us so far, if we’re wanting further why should only the players be considered. Yeh, Nuno has done well, best success in my lifetime but does than mean we have to stick with him forever? Is that how really successful projects work...?
No of course we don’t have to stick with him forever, just personally I feel he deserves another season. My argument is that changes don’t always guarantee success, I see your view that you want entertainment, first half was woeful I agree. I enjoyed the second half though, I just think we will improve. The last transfer window was a mess, and I don’t think Nuno had enough sat on purchases
And that’s all respectfully said

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that is just paper sealing the cracks. Salary structure I can accept and is a good point what I can’t accept is players that constantly perform on international duty with other players not being able to string a pass or 2 together. FFS we can’t even work a throw in out. We are awful. If we go down playing decent football and having a go fair enuff. I am sick to death of tuning into every game knowing we will have a 1st half no show followed by a bit more huff and puff 2nd half. Even when we create unmissable chances we manage to miss them. I hate being so negative and anyone that knows me on here will know I’m not normally but I have just had enough of this ****ing ****. We need big change.

It is awful to watch. But the answers are within with a couple more additions and a break..we have played good football with this squad before.

But alot of these players aren't international stars.

Patricio plays well and regularly for Portugal, after that you're really struggling.

D

Deleted member 8913

Boring.
I've had enough and it's time up for Nuno unfortunately, aswell as half the starting 11 aswell.
I an really sorry to hear this and I am sure we will be sorry to lose you...I have been a wolves supporter for 56 years and have seen the good the bad and the ugly...seems to me that even though I have a soft spot for Brighton there is zero possibility of supporting any other team.
This season has been disappointing but given our revenues I think that expectations have been a little too high.We have had decades of hard work with little success...should have bought Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes when they were available ...( we didn’t have the money, and they wouldn’t come...whose fault is that ..? sack them...)

if you are only looking for an ecciting team , look no further than city... and I would recommend you join them.

I look upon wolves like I look on my family...and my dogs...they often leave a lot to be desired but they are mine and I don’t complain in public about them...till death us do part.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s also worth noting that was Nuno’s 150th game in charge and I would have a hefty bet the team that started the 1st would have won that game tonight.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We finished 7th last season. Way above our salary structure. I think a rest and a reset is needed. We played alot of games last season and the breaks have been a mess since then. Let the players go home over the summer and spend time with their families.
That isn't going to be a proper break - there's the Euros to consider and the real possibility of the huge Portuguese contingent going all the way to the final.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s fine to a point, but how anyone can assess how a manager is doing in a year like the one we’ve had I have no idea. Thankfully you’re not in charge of the club. We’re safe, and Fosun will know better how than armchair pundits like us.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All this rubbish about us sitting back in the 1st half under Nuno's instruction, is simply not true, even Nuno has said so in his after match press conference tonight, why it's happening i don't know. It's been a strange season, because of everything that's gone on, but it's also clear a few players need moving on, at the end of it, a few bringing in.

D

Deleted member 11332

No of course we don’t have to stick with him forever, just personally I feel he deserves another season. My argument is that changes don’t always guarantee success, I see your view that you want entertainment, first half was woeful I agree. I enjoyed the second half though, I just think we will improve. The last transfer window was a mess, and I don’t think Nuno had enough sat on purchases

I'm quite critical of our style of play but I enjoyed the seconds half aswell, pressed higher, more intensity and passed it with purpose. No end product mind.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I was as optimistic. I’m just sick of watching paint dry. We’ve been so lucky the last month or so, only reason we’ve got a few results.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You **** off.

It’s ****ing boring as **** week in, week out. We can’t score goal, it’s ****ing tedious. He needs replacing at the end of the season, he’s done.
Poor Ian, he’s ‘bored’ being in midtable in the Premier League!! Poor Ian, how awful for you!! I’d say you’re just the type to be longing for the good old days!! Turning up at Crawley or Scarborough or Walsall or Yeovil or Crewe or Barnsley or Hull or Lincoln .... eh Ian .... and lording it over them with the old songs eh Ian??

All together now .....
“ My garden shed....
Is bigger than this ....” Etc Etc

Ah the good old days, we didn’t know when we were well off, eh Ian !!

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn't going to be a proper break - there's the Euros to consider and the real possibility of the huge Portuguese contingent going all the way to the final.

It's unlikely we'll have any outfield players contributing much over the euros, although going away still won't be a proper Rest. Especially as most of it will be in England!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this rubbish about us sitting back in the 1st half under Nuno's instruction, is simply not true, even Nuno has said so in his after match press conference tonight, why it's happening i don't know. It's been a strange season, because of everything that's gone on, but it's also clear a few players need moving on, at the end of it, a few bringing in.
So it is down to how he prepares them for the start of game then......

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last August Nuno said in an interview after Seville we need to change to have more control. We have less control than we have ever had since we got promoted. We are a terrible watch and next season when some decent teams come up like it or like it not without some serious transfer activity we are in trouble if this keeps up next season.
Whilst I agree about the control point, the only irony of this bore fest football is that is always keeps the points tally ticking over and we will never be in a relegation battle playing this way.

It’s mid table obscurity personified

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wouldn't shock me if a few of our Portuguese lot missed out or at the very least don't start.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't say it has only affected us. If you read, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and many more forums, you will see that most fans are venting and wishing this season would just finish.

But if they all magically improve next season too, where does that leave us? In much the same place, surely? The pandemic has effected everyone, other than that handful of matches when they let a few supporters in.

Regardless of pandemic and injuries, we have gone backwards since we got promoted. For all the talk of improvement... we haven't actually improved!

D

Deleted member 11332

Fosun will know better how than armchair pundits like us.
With respect. I probably know more about football than every Fosun board member put together. They are very shrewd business people but they ay football experts.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How can you take his word for it when it happens every week?

Our wing-backs barely go in the opposition half in the first half. Then you notice Jonny pressing from the front after the break. Traore and Neto are playing nearly as full-backs. It's a complete 5-4-1 and totally defensive.

Second half, it's different.

Results can go either way, we can lose games, but we are not trying to score in the first half. It's a common theme and unacceptable, and Nuno saying he doesn't know why he's happening is a lie, I'm sorry but it is.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's always the case when we don't win, mate.

Not saying that any criticism of Nuno means you're a dope. My best mate things it's time for a change and hes one of the cleverest guys I know (he's certainly the cleverest guy you know, right Gareth?)

It just makes me despair that the bulk of the posts on this forum are from 'that sort' of fan. Every club has them. Club has to be on an upward progression at all times. No consideration of the zero sum element of all sport etc. I wonder if we have always been like this as a fan base?

Not "upward progression at all times". Just more than 3 seasons out of every 15, please :D

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has this one half thing stemmed from lockdown? We used to defend until the first drinks break, attack until half time, defend until the second drinks break and then see how the land lies in the final quarter. Has this been ingrained?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if they all magically improve next season too, where does that leave us? In much the same place, surely? The pandemic has effected everyone, other than that handful of matches when they let a few supporters in.

Regardless of pandemic and injuries, we have gone backwards since we got promoted. For all the talk of improvement... we haven't actually improved!

How is 2 7th finishes backwards

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I agree about the control point, the only irony of this bore fest football is that is always keeps the points tally ticking over and we will never be in a relegation battle playing this way.

It’s mid table obscurity personified
My fear though is without Neves and Neto we don’t tick the tally over. None of those stay around playing this ****.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui 6 - made one important save, flapped at a couple of crosses, distribution was abject

Saiss 5 - missed a sitter, struggled to pass the ball, had a couple of good defensive headers
Coady 5 - missed a sitter, struggled to pass the ball, had a couple of good defensive headers
Donck 4 - had one important deflection on Konsa's shot, otherwise really poor

Jonny 5 - seems to have hit a bit of a wall but he kept working
Neves 5 - anonymous, free kicks hopeless, had another headed opportunity inside their 6 yard box
Mouts 5 - first half dreadful, second half better but nowhere near good enough
Semedo 7 - another decent showing without appearing to get out of second gear

Traore 4 - looked disinterested, added virtually nothing, selfish
Jose 5 - alot of hate for him, but I just dont think he has the trust of Traore or Neto, needs a #10 like Podence
Neto 7 - worked hard, just not his day

Silva 6 - short cameo, looks like he is getting stronger
Unused Subs 5 - poor bench today; other than Boly for Donck did we really have another option?

Nuno 5 - glass half-empty or half full? beginning not to care, we're practically unwatchable

Ref 7 - decent, unfussy, did his job

Villa - gash as always, even in the stands Grealish needs someone to punch him in the face, McGinn surprisingly stayed upright most of the game, keeper with another blinder

Back
Top Bottom