Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa vs Wolves. The Verdict.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict is we are an awful and totally predictable team to watch. Those that say we have always been like this under Nuno are wrong. We were an entertaining counter attacking side. Now we have become a complete nothing side that struggle to pass the ball to each other, hardly create anything, dont pass and move. Coady can come out and spout again about not knowing why we are an utter **** show in fist halves of games but I dont buy that. It looks very tactical to me. Says it all when we attack that we never get enough numbers in the box compared to others sides I watch.

I mean what are they doing on the training ground? First halves of games are an absolute embarrassment and disgrace.
We have become a club now that the neutrals and media take the **** out of due this awful style of football.

Little doubt that even though Liverpool are in dreadful form they will take us the to cleaners a week on Monday while we have ten men sat behind the ball passing the ball anywhere.

Massive changes needed in the summer as this is just dreadful and unacceptable standard of football with some of the players we have

Agree with much of that. Though it does feel "ungrateful" and I think back to the Mick and Dave Jones seasons when all we could aim for was clinging to survival. Though we were mostly awful back then, we also had a fair few matches under Mick where we played better than today.... thing is Nuno has had many times the resources that Mick had, so we should be better than this, shouldn't we?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think wait for things to go back to normal before this end of a cycle thing.

I think it'll be incredibly difficult to turn this style of play around. You can't just switch it back on because the fans are in again. We've been this like for 8 months now, probably more.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last August Nuno said in an interview after Seville we need to change to have more control. We have less control than we have ever had since we got promoted. We are a terrible watch and next season when some decent teams come up like it or like it not without some serious transfer activity we are in trouble if this keeps up next season.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have been three down at half time. Could have won it by two goals.

A missed opportunity for two sides that look lost without Grealish and Raul respectively.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone saying "Hurry up next season" as if things are magically going to transform is in for a sad surprise, I think. We are what we are.

And we're going to have to go some if we want to keep Neves and Neto this summer anyway.

It's a drag.

In a year we've somehow gone from needing to upgrade a couple of players to crack the top six to needing to upgrade three or four to start really competing again, and that's a kick in the stomach, really. You get the impression Jose doesn't want it, that Donk's confidence is utterly shot, that time has caught up with Moutinho, that Nuno hasn't got a fresh deck of cards up his sleeve... yeah. A drag.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last August Nuno said in an interview after Seville we need to change to have more control. We have less control than we have ever had since we got promoted. We are a terrible watch and next season when some decent teams come up like it or like it not without some serious transfer activity we are in trouble if this keeps up next season.

Totally agree. He said he wanted to change us and it looks like he has for the worse rather than better. Our possession and passing is awful with the players we have. What do they do in training?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it'll be incredibly to turn this style of play around. You can't just switch it back on because the fans are in again. We've been this like for 8 months now, probably more.

We finished 7th last season. Way above our salary structure. I think a rest and a reset is needed. We played alot of games last season and the breaks have been a mess since then. Let the players go home over the summer and spend time with their families.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have been three down at half time. Could have won it by two goals.

A missed opportunity for two sides that look lost without Grealish and Raul respectively.

If Saiss had scored, we know what would have happened next. Give control back to Villa for shooting practice while we all crowd in our penalty area for the rest of the match. Almost certainly would have ended 1-1.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never knew that this covid **** had only affected us, how unlucky we've been.

I didn't say it has only affected us. If you read, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and many more forums, you will see that most fans are venting and wishing this season would just finish.

D

Deleted member 5276

There will be many more people who support Nuno, than want him to leave. Most people realise we are in a world pandemic and players, managers and coaching staff have been away from their families for months.
Most fans realise what he has done for Wolves and will shout out his name louder than anything, when Molineux opens it's gates again.
Quite.

However, there are two good questions to answer in regard to conceding the first goal so often and why we hardly ever score in the first half? To me, Nuno sets us up as if we are playing a European away game regardless of the situation.

These are odd times. Let's not forget that the majority of these players have been playing non stop for almost two years. Don't want to make excuses but in such circumstances, it is impossible for our key players to be on the top of their game all the time. If we had signed better quality players in the Summer, then things would have been easier but a combination of FFP and value for money has led us down the path of signing up and coming youngsters. As we have seen, they simply aren't ready for 38 games of football at this level yet. Even the seasoned ones we have signed, Semedo, Jose, have struggled.

Understand some of the outcry but a lot of it is simply people being impatient with our situation. There's not a person inside of WWFC who doesn't want to us to do better and fulfill our promise.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Totally agree. He said he wanted to change us and it looks like he has for the worse rather than better. Our possession and passing is awful with the players we have. What do they do in training?
It's nothing to do with mythical training sessions it's about player quality. Most our players are technically average under pressure. It's fine pinging passes about with no one near you but most of our team are completely hopeless against the press.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We finished 7th last season. Way above our salary structure. I think a rest and a reset is needed. We played alot of games last season and the breaks have been a mess since then. Let the players go home over the summer and spend time with their families.

It could be a factor but it seems everyone thinks it will be a silver bullet. Nuno can see his family, we'll have a pre-season and then everything will be great again. I just can't see it personally.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another frustrating game they were there for the taking! Unless it's from a set piece we just don't look like creating a chance let alone score a goal our attacking play is so bad. Podence can't come back soon enough he might give the ball away at time but at least he gives you that spark around the box that we are missing at the moment...

These first half performances are a real worry we sit in so deep and just let teams grow into the game sitting off them it's not a surprise we are always going one down (should have today as well with them hitting the bar twice first half) before we actually start going.

Again just so frustrating watch us as we have the quality just way to negative something Nuno really needs to work on between now and the summer...

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We only play half a game because we only have half a squad.
Other teams make changes tactically that does not mean a reduction in quality.
It’s been two years since the FA Cup semi-final when it was quite obvious we had no dry powder.
We need to bring in three quality players to replace Coady, Saiss and Dendoncker and yet keep them in the squad as backups. And of course we need a another striker and an attacking midfielder. They can replace Vintinha and Jose , who can go back.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really blame Nuno for Saiss putting the ball over an open goal from 2 yards...
Sure thing, take my hat for stating the bleeding obvious. What about the travesty that was the first half, when we could/should have been 2 down, maybe even 3. Then what? It's our fault for being so demanding, not loyal, etc. etc. I guess? I love the old gold always. The players and manager are transient. They stop delivering, they're not worthy and need sorting out by the owners.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No you’re right let’s get Mourinho in! Or let’s have 66 shots like Brighton yet gain no points

It’s a **** season that’s it, get it over, don’t over react and start afresh next year
You’re right. I’m so very sorry for having an opinion Sir. Sorry Sir.....

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite.

However, there are two good questions to answer in regard to conceding the first goal so often and why we hardly ever score in the first half? To me, Nuno sets us up as if we are playing a European away game regardless of the situation.

These are odd times. Let's not forget that the majority of these players have been playing non stop for almost two years. Don't want to make excuses but in such circumstances, it is impossible for our key players to be on the top of their game all the time. If we had signed better quality players in the Summer, then things would have been easier but a combination of FFP and value for money has led us down the path of signing up and coming youngsters. As we have seen, they simply aren't ready for 38 games of football at this level yet. Even the seasoned ones we have signed, Semedo, Jose, have struggled.

Understand some of the outcry but a lot of it is simply people being impatient with our situation. There's not a person inside of WWFC who doesn't want to us to do better and fulfill our promise.
Good post

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible finish by coady - twice

saiss is unlucky . It’s a reaction. He shouldn’t have even had the chance . It’s a woeful miss by coady.

Bunch of cheats villa are . It’s actually a joke. Traore rolling back onto the pitch. Mginn kicking the ball away 3 times . Trezeguet claiming corners when he’s booted it out . Could go on

Individuals were awful today. The passing from coady jonny semedo dendoncker moutinho was abysmal. You can’t afford the amount of mistakes they made .

Traore took his man on once , in the 95th minute . God knows what he was doing all game
@Black Coffee - why is this post so funny? Let us know, cos I need a laugh too. Seriously. I need a laugh. Honest.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not just that, it's the fact that if we don't we will lose our best players and regress even further.

If Neto hasn't had a word with his agent I'll be amazed.
Uncle Jorge isn’t it???

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that is just paper sealing the cracks. Salary structure I can accept and is a good point what I can’t accept is players that constantly perform on international duty with other players not being able to string a pass or 2 together. FFS we can’t even work a throw in out. We are awful. If we go down playing decent football and having a go fair enuff. I am sick to death of tuning into every game knowing we will have a 1st half no show followed by a bit more huff and puff 2nd half. Even when we create unmissable chances we manage to miss them. I hate being so negative and anyone that knows me on here will know I’m not normally but I have just had enough of this ****ing ****. We need big change.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Black Coffee - why is this post so funny? Let us know, cos I need a laugh too. Seriously. I need a laugh. Honest.

Saiss unlucky, I mean how can you be unlucky for kicking a ball over from 2 yards. Granted Coady should of scored how was he not unlucky yet Saiss was apparently unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom