Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lose on Sunday and Nuno should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you say that 2 years ago? Or when we beat United in the cup....or beat its TWICE?
2 years ago ! are you serious, what's that got to do with it. All managers have a shelf life and our manager has fell off that shelf rolled down the aisle and got wedged under the deep freeze.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why wait? He should be sacked now! Disgraceful that starting line-up. Made no sense. Smacks of someone losing the plot. The FA Cup 5th round is not a time to have a brain fart. Get rid know and put me in charge!

Golfwolfuk

Groupie
Reaction score
He deserves this summer and the start of next season. If there are not dramatic improvements in performance though all his goodwill is spent and it’s time to go.

That was abysmal.

For me personally, between that and the shambles versus West Brom, I’m now struggling to defend him.
I love the guy. These past three years have been 3 to remember forever.. but I don’t see the point of giving him a summer window just to sack him 10 games in

D

Deleted member yltz11841

The knee jerking sacking of our manager and his whole coaching team and backroom staff in the middle of a weird season, during a pandemic, with no prior planning, would be one of the stupidest decisions our club could ever make. Thankfully Jeff is in charge and Jeff says no.
I wouldn’t say its knee jerking tbf. We have been dog**** in general since after the Seville game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is certainly going stale fast.
Tonight was unforgiveable.If Nuno wants to urinate on the FA Cup..he can do it somewhere else IMHO.
I will still give him the summer window to get some things right..but that is down to me giving him another chance.
I am not sure at all he deserves it...not the way things are going.
The downward spiral continues.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he though?

How can it be that the fans don't "deserve" a successful top half Premier league team, exciting attacking football or a serious FA Cup run and are called ungrateful if they wish for it, yet suddenly the man who got us up in part due to over £100 million, a failed FFP assessment and being best mates with the most powerful football agent in the world "deserves" ample opportunity to set the clock back on our progress 24 months and risk the imminent transfer away of our brightest and best?

It's because he donated to that food bank isn't it?
I would say just about deserves it but largely down to all the crap surrounding this season. If it was a ‘normal’ season, I would probably think differently.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say just about deserves it but largely down to all the crap surrounding this season. If it was a ‘normal’ season, I would probably think differently.
Fair enough and a good point well made. I see where you're coming from

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We finished 7th and 7th and had a European Cup run and an FA Cup S/F under him in his first 2 years in the PL so how do you arrive at this season is 'the limit' with him?
Considering the OT remarks, @Big Nosed Wolf , I think you pose a good question and I think it should be answered.
I‘ll watch.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of Mixers adopting the absolutely ****ing useless Kier Starmer approach to debate. Criticise the OP without offering any real alternative solutions :rolleyes:

That's always enough to win elections, though. You just have to make sure your criticisms are the best!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anti-football is bad enough if you’re getting results.........
This 100% also if we were scrapping a win here and there from that ****e youd say ok but we can’t even get a shot at goal......

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 years ago ! are you serious, what's that got to do with it. All managers have a shelf life and our manager has fell off that shelf rolled down the aisle and got wedged under the deep freeze.
Relax, he’s ok.
It’s a weird football year....look at Liverpool for example. And where were City about 5 weeks ago.?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say it knew jerking tbf. We have been dog**** in general since after the Seville game.

Since the return from lockdown, I think. We scraped some results against bottom of the table teams. But the football was notably dire, with this "we don't want to be here" look about it. Like tonight... and many other matches since. Only now, we are not getting getting the results, either.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I love Nuno - and I don’t want him sacked in any circumstances.

This so bad, and he looks so down that if he was sacked now it would feel a bit of a relief.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not in favour of sacking him yet. Certainly not Sunday.

But I wouldn't blame the board and Fosun for looking at 'options' and 'solutions' come the summer. If they can identify a better head coach who can get more out of this squad then fine. There's a lot of work to be done in the transfer market this summer and I think it's a fair question whether the whole set-up in the coaching, the recruitment, and the technical side is truly cohesive.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We bottled every
Relax, he’s ok.
It’s a weird football year....look at Liverpool for example. And where were City about 5 weeks ago.?
Liverpool will still come top 4 and city have always been favourites this year and were always around that point. We cannot go 3 games in a row without a shocker.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sack Nuno at all right now. But if I was Jeff Shi I’d be having serious conversations with him regarding his general well-being.

Since he came to Wolves Nuno has been fantastic. He’s had tremendous strength of conviction, complete belief in his ways and his players. His thinking this season has been baffling, none more so than tonight.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the logic in our tactics, motivation, team selection and recent player purchases? Are we making the best of the players we have and sending them out with purpose, effort and ambition to win games?

We are ****e and have been for a log long time now. So how do we get out of this spiral downwards?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't agree with the OP on the sacking mid season. I'm slowly becoming more disillusioned with our negative style.
Blaming players is OK up to a point but we really are clueless in the final 3rd.
Totally agree I’m bored at the moment, but I still feel Nuno is suffering a lack of form himself, but we shouldn’t just sack him. Stay up, persevere with a back 4, add a few new players then give him until November and see where we are at. This seasons a write off, can see the dead wood tonight, I’ve tried my hardest to find positives with MGW, but tonight I’ve lost that faith. Saiss is nothing more than a squad player, really disillusioned with Fabio, more his petulant behaviour, if you’re ****ed off fight more not moan more, I hate that attitude. Dendoncker is squad at best and moutinho again shows he’s a sub tonight, good first half poor second

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's taken us as far as he can. He has no 'solutions'. We've been **** for 12 months now and with the players he's got that's a disgrace. I think he's out of ideas and time for a new face to take this group on.

Your posts have been **** for 6 years now.

I think you're out of ideas and it's time for a new face to replace you :)

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As hard as tonight and our current form is to stomach, if someone had said to me 5 years ago that in 5 years we’d be sat here moaning about going out in last 16 of the cup and treading water in the Premier League I’d have bitten their hand off.

I’m willing to give Nuno my support until things return to normal. By that I mean fans in the stadium, transfers available, Nuno in a better mental state having spent time with his family, etc.

If we’re still **** in a years time then he can go.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays.. then I hope Fosun seriously back him because I think he needs to change at least 4 of the first team to get us properly firing again

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
@northnorfolkwolf what a ****ing *****.

Years ago you thanked me on here for encouraging you to get a season ticket- I really wish I hadn’t.

You sound like a proper privileged ****er. The sort that is usually reserved for the bigger teams who can’t see evolution and are too narrow minded and disrespectful to give a manager time and support during a difficult period.

You need to climb on Mrs Northborfolk or buy a brass or something. Just get yerself laid and get a sense of proportion of the real world.

Got to be the worst thread by the worst poster this forum has seen.
These are the sort of fans we're used to seeing on Arsenal TV. Man United fans on Twitter who have never seen them play. Liverpool fans who phone up 6-0-6 and say they think it's time for Klopp to go because they've just lost at home to Manchester City. Moan moan moan. Angry and raging before and after games. Overreacting, spoilt, petty, no perspective. No gratitude. They're the first ones to moan at the next new manager, then the next and the next. Unable to have the perspective and patience to see how one poor season (and by our recent standards this is not really a terrible season) plays out in the very testing pandemic conditions. Complete disrespect to a man who has given us our very best days and now needs a bit of back up and support. It's all bile, anger, spitting feathers and wah wah wah. They are reactionaries with no back bone or loyalty. No character. Here today, gone tomorrow because we don't qualify for Europe for the third successive season.

Am I happy to with tonight's performance or many of to his season's performances? Of course not. Do I now want to throw Nuno under the bus mid season and his first poor poor season? Of course not.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alternative solution - Don't sack Nuno.
But why?

Because all I'm seeing is either a) he has "credit in the bank" whatever the **** that means or b) he donated food

Are either of those two reasons enough justification to risk losing potentially years of progress and at the very least the spine of the team, or is there a third super secret reason that someone with a bigly football brain will share with the rest of us?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the **** is wrong with the happy clappers??? Mick kept us up for 3 years with a fraction of the budget nuno has yet everyone wanted blood. We have spent millions on ****e the last 2 years and that lands back with nuno. He’s taken us as far as we can go and it is time to move on.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the logic in our tactics, motivation, team selection and recent player purchases? Are we making the best of the players we have and sending them out with purpose, effort and ambition to win games?

We are ****e and have been for a log long time now. So how do we get out of this spiral downwards?
I would argue we have been rubbish since the first lockdown. I don't believe in coincidences

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance !!! How can we sack a manager this season when he’s had 3 great seasons with us there , if this was a normal season I’d probably agree but it’s far from normal and we could massively regret it , no fans , the hangover from last year and hardly any pre season plus injuries have all had a part to play , let’s just get this season over and see what happens when we are back and erase this shower of **** season from the memory !! It’s anything but normal ...

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why wait? Sack him tonight. At least we might see a shot at goal with a new manager. Just awful, week in, week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom