Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2021 Transfer Window

R

reanswolf

Meanwhile the other Albion (Brighton) sign highly-rated box to box CM Moises Caicedo.
Looks a very good talent, aged 19.
Bit like Otosawie. Good acquisition IMO.

Fulham now looking to bring in Josh King.
WBA bringing in Maitland-Niles and perhaps one more.
Newcastle trying to bring in players.

That's four of our opponents.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. You were happy to say you'll come back if someone is out of line to you to another poster earlier. I came back with a post to illustrate you were a bit obnoxious for no reason to me and you didn't like it.....

Glass houses and all that.

l e t i t g o

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's the case I won't be watching it very long. Can't sit through another 90 mins of that. Like a conference side playing in an fa cup match.

I've already decided I'm recording it rather than watching live. I've got no interest in watching us defend for our lives and then one mistake ruining it

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile the other Albion (Brighton) sign highly-rated box to box CM Moises Caicedo.

Thought it was Southampton looking at King?

Fulham are in advanced talks with Josh Maja from Bordeaux - the lad from Sunderland documentary

D

Deleted member 11332

I've already decided I'm recording it rather than watching live. I've got no interest in watching us defend for our lives and then one mistake ruining it

I'll give it 10. If we are doing that I'll go downstairs and watch sheff utd Vs the **** with the other half.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really IMO.

Strong as an ox, ok he is no speed merchant but he is far better than Donk.

He's exactly what we don't need we need an athletic dynamic midfielder. Carvalho is not going to add anything to our midfield he will be another body TBH.

The problem is finding an athletic and dynamic midfielder. Kessie would have been ideal but sadly it never materialised.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
To be fair, I’d much rather have Jose than any of the others being discussed today.

AMN to West Brom agreed. I’d have taken him here on a loan as I think he offers the ability to travel at pace with the ball and beat a man which our other midfielders don’t.

Also good cover for the wing-back positions.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is right the players we have albeit some new ones over achieved in returning to the PL with x2 7th placed finishes.
We have a squad of talented football players that need to up their game and get to the heights they were in the last 2 seasons.

We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and using excuses of injuries and poor transfer windows to highlight our bad we are this season. The post mortem can wait on why we are so poor at the end of the season.

What we cannot do is capitulate now and remove Nuno as that will smack of Mick M sacking and we know how that ended. Any new manager coming in will still have the same players to work with.

Nuno needs to sort this mess out now and this starts with Arsenal, no more excuses !!

Perhaps they will have the same players.But the new manager/coach won't have favourites,I'm thinking now that Nuno dow want to upset the family atmosphere.Time to get tough with them now nuno if there's no incoming .Time is running out and 2 tough home games coming up.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps they will have the same players.But the new manager/coach won't have favourites,I'm thinking now that Nuno dow want to upset the family atmosphere.Time to get tough with them now nuno if there's no incoming .Time is running out and 2 tough home games coming up.
I think thats a massive stretch. Nuno has shown plenty of ruthlessness during his time with us and shook the apple cart. Where was the family atmosphere when he let Cav, Costa, Afobe, Douglass, Bennett, Jota and Doc leave? He's not someone who is scared to make a decision. He took the club captain off in a derby match!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think thats a massive stretch. Nuno has shown plenty of ruthlessness during his time with us and shook the apple cart. Where was the family atmosphere when he let Cav, Costa, Afobe, Douglass, Bennett, Jota and Doc leave? He's not someone who is scared to make a decision. He took the club captain off in a derby match!
I presume that's a joke ?

R

reanswolf

He's completely immobile.
I disagree. A common misconception or misinterpretation.
He's not a Maddison type clearly, but he's deceptively quick-footed. He conserves energy and reads the game superbly. But gets everywhere in midfield.
He doesnt wear flippers like Donk and he is powerful.
The first minute of his best moments clips show that he is not slow...........imagine Donk doing what he does in the clip and you will realise Donk doesnt :)-

We are not going to go for him anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not to mention selling the club captain once promoted.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No offence but you seem to have a streak of massively overvaluing the quality of other players and undervaluing our own.

Im sure if we had signed Caicedo certain posters would be up in arms that we had signed another inexpereinced player rather than a here and now
Josh King? 6 goals in his last PL season, he isnt keeping anyone up
AMN just doesnt improve our midfield. He offers no more than Vitinha or Ottasowie who cant get on the pitch either
Newcastle arent a concern as they are as safe as we are (very).

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Can I ask a question buddy? Why do you assume buying players will always solve the problems faced?

while I won’t quote Nuno per se, we have a much much better team than we are currently showing.

we have an England international as captain, and someone who has worn the armband for his country too. What level of trust to do that so soon in his international career?
We have a European Champion in goal, who has been top class for us most of the time.
We have the wall that is Boly, rightly capped and who Arsenal wanted not too long ago.
We have a very promising Kilman who could go on to be a star.
We have Barca’s right back and a Spanish international left wing back when fit. We just so happen to have injuries galore there right now.
In midfield we have three established internationals for top ten national sides in the world. All three will have an extended summer this year, pandemic permitting.
We have a future star in Neto, the maverick that is Traore and the pain that is Podence. You could argue we are a little short here?
Raul is top class, and like Spurs with Kane we miss him hugely. We finally have class to replace him for now, not for 2025!!

We have top class players.
We have a top class manager.

we aren’t showing that on the field, and that’s what needs to change.

bringing in three players today, would achieve...?

we are miles better than what we are showing right now and something needs to change in the approach, and soon.
Good post, fully agree and also with your additional post too

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I would say that our squad is far far better than any of theirs. Our players are massively underperforming, whereas they are playing as expected.

R

reanswolf

No offence but you seem to have a streak of massively overvaluing the quality of other players and undervaluing our own.

Im sure if we had signed Caicedo certain posters would be up in arms that we had signed another inexpereinced player rather than a here and now
Josh King? 6 goals in his last PL season, he isnt keeping anyone up
AMN just doesnt improve our midfield. He offers no more than Vitinha or Ottasowie who cant get on the pitch either
Newcastle arent a concern as they are as safe as we are (very).
No its not about the individual players, my point is that they all recognise the importance of freshening up their squads for the weary run-in.
We already look battle-worn. We are only as good as our position in the League dictates.

Incidentally I do like the young Brighton lad, but he is similar to Otasowie probably a bit better.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
I’ll admit I was pretty happy at the end of the last window.

Wasn’t happy with the fee for Doherty but felt Semedo was an upgrade and was really pleased to have got Hoever. Opinion hasn’t really changed on that although I didn’t really appreciate how much we’d miss Doherty’s output in goals and assists.

Thought Marcal looked a steal but didn’t appreciate just how injury-prone he would be. Was really pleased with the RAN deal (essentially a straight swap for Vinagre) and still think he’ll end up being a really good player.

Would have loved to have kept Jota but thought £45m was a really good price given his form the previous season and the emergence of Neto and Podence. Was excited about the purchase of Fabio Silva and the thought of him being the long-term cover and successor to Raul.

Obviously, those feelings changed with Raul’s horrific injury and realisation that Fabio is still some way away from being able to lead the line on a regular basis. In Fosun’s defence, they have rectified that situation at the earliest possible opportunity.

Had no idea about Vitinha.

Overall, at the time I think I graded the window a 7 out of 10 with the potential for it to go higher in subsequent years, whilst sounding a note of caution that there was a fine line between building for the future and taking our eye off the present.

Edit: Should also say my score was partly based on the fact we had also kept hold of Raul, Traore and Neves!
I felt exactly the same

D

Deleted member 11332

So does he sit on his hands? Has he not tweaked formations, swapped players round game by game? Or are they not decisions?

Is he churning the same XI out in the same formation every week?

Probably done it too much. Especially at the back and cm. How are people supposed to build partnerships if they are constantly playing with a different partner.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably done it too much. Especially at the back and cm. How are people supposed to build partnerships if they are constantly playing with a different partner.
I totally agree with you pal, I just dont see how others think he doesnt make changes.

My actual criticism of Nuno of late would be he has been tinkering too much, weve played 343, 352, 4231 and 433. To get us over the line now, for me it has to be tried and tested 3 at the back preferably in a 352 which served us so well for so long. A couple of ugly wins in the next 5 games would be great.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but looking back he probably shouldnt have tried to change the style with a very disrupted pre-season.

R

reanswolf

I totally agree with you pal, I just dont see how others think he doesnt make changes.

My actual criticism of Nuno of late would be he has been tinkering too much, weve played 343, 352, 4231 and 433. To get us over the line now, for me it has to be tried and tested 3 at the back preferably in a 352 which served us so well for so long. A couple of ugly wins in the next 5 games would be great.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but looking back he probably shouldnt have tried to change the style with a very disrupted pre-season.
Agree with that.

D

Deleted member 11332

Can't see us winning playing that formation with the personnel. Maybe a few 0-0 draws. We don't look like scoring and it's basically a back 7 with 3 attackers.

I'd have preferred him to have the *******s to go 4231 permanently. That's what I'd be doing now.

D

Deleted member 11332

Right now, he would play either full-back position or CM for us. Quite easily.
"He’s better at CM than he is at full back. Although he’s God awful at full back so not much of a compliment really."

This was a comment from an arsenal ST holder I know re Maitland Niles. God awful.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that.
Thats why personally I dont think we will flirt with the relegation battle, there is enough in the squad to grind out a few results. Willian Jose coming in is a massive move, for me I think Nuno didnt think we had the players to play the 343 or 352 without a "proper" cf so tried things (which failed) like Silva wide, a false 9 etc. Jose coming in mean we can play him as a focal point, which we did at times on saturday and play off him like we used to with Jiminez.

Theres no doubt we've messed up this season, some of it was undoubtedly preventable but right now its about getting a few wins to calm everyone down. I know its a horrible thought to write off a season with so many games left, but lets get home and hosed then the stewards enquiry can start.

I know you think its in our DNA to "choke" but I think its also in our DNA to do things back to front. Football in general is so crazy right now It wouldnt suprise me if we finished 17th and won the FA cup!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a midfield 3 instead of Mouts?

Again, I don't personally rate him that much but I need to see more of him to assess fairly in my own mind.

He might bring us energy we desperately lack there.
Im sorry but this is what I dont get. Surely that is blind optimism? He'd offer less in midfield than Ottasowie would who isnt getting a game either.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right now, he would play either full-back position or CM for us. Quite easily.
Quite easily at wing back? What exactly are Semedo and Hoever doing wrong? Where does he improve? What does he have in his game that they dont?

As for in central midfield. Jesus.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He’s better at CM than he is at full back. Although he’s God awful at full back so not much of a compliment really."

This was a comment from an arsenal ST holder I know re Maitland Niles. God awful.
It's Arsenal, we should all have seen enough of him to make our own opinion.

For me, he is clearly a better full-back than Hoever right now, and he would instantly get in the team ahead of Donk or Moutinho the way they are playing.

Back
Top Bottom