Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it time

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting timing from wolves to put up a video of Nuno’s top 10 moments... Maybe a message to the fans he isn’t going anywhere, and remember what he’s done for us?

It was put up for his birthday last week.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
do those back stabbing glory hunting entitled fools calling for nuno to be sacked realise that if we finish at our current position of 14th it will be the highest we've been for 40 years - apart from the two seasons we finished 7th . all managed by nuno.
Those guys are consumers not supporters. Take a look at this quote from the first page:
Do we really need to witness the same embarrassing **** every week??

Completely entitled. They deserve better because reasons.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just love your arrogance "as a young Wolves fan" - massive entitlement and all of those who don't agree with you "need to get a grip'. You are perfectly entitled to your view but how dare you attempt to tell others what is right or wrong. Many of us supported the club when we were crap, probably even before you were born. We will continue to do so even if the team, God forbid, goes down. All of the "plastic" so-called fans (note: l am not saying that this applies to you but the tenor of that post isn't promising frankly) would thankfully eff off to "support" ManUre, Chavski, Citeh, the Dippers....

Great post.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s time to either give him some serious cash or sack him. I would prefer the cash option, but if Nuno wants to persist with this negative *******s, then I wouldn’t blame fosun for sacking him. It’s beyond tedious and it’s painful to watch.

The solutions are simple, Renato Sanches, Douglas Costa and take your pick from almost any central defender born in France after 1995 (pace). Personally I would throw the lot at RB Leipzig and take their whole damn defence; Upamecano, Konate and Mukiele. We wouldn’t need another player for 5 years.

Some football manager signings there

Renato Sanches is not the goalscoring mid we need 1 goal 1 assist all year

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
do those back stabbing glory hunting entitled fools calling for nuno to be sacked realise that if we finish at our current position of 14th it will be the highest we've been for 40 years - apart from the two seasons we finished 7th . all managed by nuno.

In fairness, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here who wouldn't bite your hand off at the elbow to be in 14th come the end of the season, regardless of their Nuno stance.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To answer the question, no I don't think it's time and like many hope that Nuno brings us through this nightmare.

I am though interested in what our captain was referring to yesterday evening when he said "we're in a really bad place" as he didn't elaborate on the comment. Not his jovial self understandably, but he did struggle to look at the camera.

I dare say it's having some affect on the team mentally, but to what degree I wonder.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Nuno will go or not or when. But irrespective if he does or not or if we get relegated or not, the majority on this Forum will maintain their support no matter what. Like many on here we have our own worst day memory (mine is losing 2-1 to Doncaster in the Chapman era, with 2500 fellow fans, and 4 of us on the South Bank) but love endures and if things turn out badly, I'll still be there (when Covid-19 permits). UTW and good luck Nuno.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Nuno will go or not or when. But irrespective if he does or not or if we get relegated or not, the majority on this Forum will maintain their support no matter what. Like many on here we have our own worst day memory (mine is losing 2-1 to Doncaster in the Chapman era, with 2500 fellow fans, and 4 of us on the South Bank) but love endures and if things turn out badly, I'll still be there (when Covid-19 permits). UTW and good luck Nuno.
Losing at home to Walsall in the League Cup in the same time period was pretty bloody grim too.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Interesting timing from wolves to put up a video of Nuno’s top 10 moments... Maybe a message to the fans he isn’t going anywhere, and remember what he’s done for us?

He isn’t going anywhere and we should remember what he’s done for us.

Its the first time in my life wolves has had a manager with any other ideas than putting a shift in. (John Barnwell was the only other one)

Nuno is thoughtful and he tries new things. This isn’t working but they’re difficult times with injury, covid, var etc.

We have a chance now to get behind him - or we call for his head and get him sacked like Ralph H at Southampton ... oh wait....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do l have a feeling that this isn't the first time that you have had this discussion, lol...
Haha. Always. Go on real ale trail every year for a lads day out and ask in every buser what lagers they have, get some funny looks from bearded fellas discussing the latest flat dishwater in front of them. Marling in there little note books what weird name it had, when and where they had it and ABV rating. That buser in Stalybridge on the station sells some shocking looking beers.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn’t going anywhere and we should remember what he’s done for us.

Its the first time in my life wolves has had a manager with any other ideas than putting a shift in. (John Barnwell was the only other one i

Nuno is thoughtful and he tries new things. This isn’t working but they’re difficult times with injury, covid, var etc.

We have a chance not to get behind him - or we call for his head and get him sacked like Ralph H at Southampton ... oh wait....
To be fair, and you can condemn him for many other things, Solbakken wasn't just about putting a shift in either....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha. Always. Go on real ale trail every year for a lads day out and ask in every buser what lagers they have, get some funny looks from bearded fellas discussing the latest flat dishwater in front of them. Marling in there little note books what weird name it had, when and where they had it and ABV rating. That buser in Stalybridge on the station sells some shocking looking beers.
Definitely one for us to beg to differ on... Though during lockdown l've had one or two good lagers (normally 5.5-8%!)....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Internet rumour from when we were in the Championship. Pretty damned disgraceful one at that. Hadn't heard the Bonatini one until just now but the story concerning Bennett accumulated fine details over time that gave it a whiff of legitimacy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Internet rumour from when we were in the Championship. Pretty damned disgraceful one at that. Hadn't heard the Bonatini one until just now but the story concerning Bennett accumulated fine details over time that gave it a whiff of legitimacy.
I'd heard odd things about Bennett but not an alleged link to Jota until on here yesterday.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First things first. This is a forum. It’s the equivalent of mates chatting in the pub. And that makes it perfectly acceptable to question Nuno. It doesn’t make you a heretic and it doesn’t mean you should ‘**** off and support that lot down the road.’

I’ve been a Wolves fan all my life. The first game I remember is the 1960 Cup Final. So I’ve seen plenty of bad times. And while I’m grateful to Nuno for what he’s done, that doesn’t make me accept the current failings out of blind loyalty.

Tim Spiers says Nuno has the final say over transfers. If so, that’s a big problem. £85m on Cutrone, Silva and Semedo is a huge mistake in anyone’s book. How the hell have we fallen so far behind Villa so quickly? Recruitment is a big part of the answer.

Tactics? Aggression? Drive? They’re all lacking at the moment. We’ve created less than 1.0 xG in each of our last three matches. Chorley beat us on xG for God’s sake. That failing has to lie at the manager’s door.

We’re boring to watch, we must be bloody boring to play for and we are far, far less than the sum of our parts. All these are the responsibility of the manager.

Do I want Nuno sacked tomorrow morning? No. But there’s clearly something wrong and – as I’ve said before – right now he doesn’t even look like he wants to be a football manager. And if we don’t pick up a win in the next two games – if we have, say, 7 points from the last 13 games – then his position is going to be close to untenable.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some football manager signings there

Renato Sanches is not the goalscoring mid we need 1 goal 1 assist all year
I don’t think a goal scoring midfielder is the priority, never have (although it would be nice). The defence is the major problem. We also need to change our approach, our mentality, being so negative and to stop protecting our weakness at the expense of our strength. Fix the weaknesses, don’t cover for it. Our strength is in the attackers, our weakness is the central defenders.

We need a solid central defence that doesn’t lack pace and resorts to standing on the edge of it’s own penalty area all game. We need to unleash our ridiculously talented frontline and let them wreak havoc, as opposed to feeding them scraps and expecting them to be defenders.

This idea of getting a creative, free scoring central midfielder is the ideal, and it would be nice, but it wouldn’t fix the underlying problems (**** defence, negative approach to games). How many goals did wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho get for last year’s free scoring Liverpool?

I also think Podence could be the man for this job anyway, but that involves getting an extra couple of wingers to replace him.

We have excellent full backs, wide players and strikers (Jose and Raul), even our central midfield contains excellent passers, but the central defence is an absolute **** show. Boly and Kilman would be ok next to pace, so would Dendoncker, but next to Coady and they are all lame ducks. I am convinced Moutinho can still do a job, in the right team.

Dias and Kessie would have been ideal, being tight has led to this problem. Now it’s time for action and there are no excuses. Fosun’s vaccine was approved last week for use in Hong Kong, time to spend the cash.

1 central defender, 1 central midfielder and 1 winger. We could probably get away with just1 central midfielder if Dendoncker and Boly are paired together. The squad is like an F1 car with flat tyres. Get some new tyres, and telly the driver (Nuno) to stop driving it like a ****ing granny.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think about it like this. If another club had appointed a manager who had done for them what Nuno has done for us and, when he hit his first really bad patch of form, a section of there fanbase was calling for him to be sacked then we would be ****ing ourselves laughing, calling them deluded and entitled and all the names under the sun. That you, right now.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unforuntately for you, Fosun will be looking to make a decision in a manner an order of magnitude less emotive than this post. When they do meet to discuss the current leadership, it will be a purely business decision based on current performance, metrics, financials and predictions, rather than whether they are afraid of looking like a 'back stabbing glory hunting entitled fool'.

What's the matter? Don't trust in Fosun so much any more? :rolleyes:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think a goal scoring midfielder is the priority, never have (although it would be nice). The defence is the major problem. We also need to change our approach, our mentality, being so negative and to stop protecting our weakness at the expense of our strength. Fix the weaknesses, don’t cover for it. Our strength is in the attackers, our weakness is the central defenders.

We need a solid central defence that doesn’t lack pace and resorts to standing on the edge of it’s own penalty area all game. We need to unleash our ridiculously talented frontline and let them wreak havoc, as opposed to feeding them scraps and expecting them to be defenders.

This idea of getting a creative, free scoring central midfielder is the ideal, and it would be nice, but it wouldn’t fix the underlying problems (**** defence, negative approach to games). How many goals did wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho get for last year’s free scoring Liverpool?

I also think Podence could be the man for this job anyway, but that involves getting an extra couple of wingers to replace him.

We have excellent full backs, wide players and strikers (Jose and Raul), even our central midfield contains excellent passers, but the central defence is an absolute **** show. Boly and Kilman would be ok next to pace, so would Dendoncker, but next to Coady and they are all lame ducks. I am convinced Moutinho can still do a job, in the right team.

Dias and Kessie would have been ideal, being tight has led to this problem. Now it’s time for action and there are no excuses. Fosun’s vaccine was approved last week for use in Hong Kong, time to spend the cash.

1 central defender, 1 central midfielder and 1 winger. We could probably get away with just1 central midfielder if Dendoncker and Boly are paired together. The squad is like an F1 car with flat tyres. Get some new tyres, and telly the driver (Nuno) to stop driving it like a ****ing granny.
A thought provoking post even if l don't necessarily agree all of it. TY.

D

Deleted member 8913

Unforuntately for you, Fosun will be looking to make a decision in a manner an order of magnitude less emotive than this post. When they do meet to discuss the current leadership, it will be a purely business decision based on current performance, metrics, financials and predictions, rather than whether they are afraid of looking like a 'back stabbing glory hunting entitled fool'.

What's the matter? Don't trust in Fosun so much any more? :rolleyes:
Fosun are not stupid....they won’t fire Nuno overnight after a bad result and appoint Terry Connor ...they will consider all there alternatives very carefully and only make a change if they believe it will improve the future ...

I guess I will trust their judgment and their advisers( uncle Jorge) a great deal more than the knee jerk nonsense on message boards. I hope all will be well and we finish 10th but that is only hope wearing my gold tinted specs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First things first. This is a forum. It’s the equivalent of mates chatting in the pub. And that makes it perfectly acceptable to question Nuno. It doesn’t make you a heretic and it doesn’t mean you should ‘**** off and support that lot down the road.’

I’ve been a Wolves fan all my life. The first game I remember is the 1960 Cup Final. So I’ve seen plenty of bad times. And while I’m grateful to Nuno for what he’s done, that doesn’t make me accept the current failings out of blind loyalty.

Tim Spiers says Nuno has the final say over transfers. If so, that’s a big problem. £85m on Cutrone, Silva and Semedo is a huge mistake in anyone’s book. How the hell have we fallen so far behind Villa so quickly? Recruitment is a big part of the answer.

Tactics? Aggression? Drive? They’re all lacking at the moment. We’ve created less than 1.0 xG in each of our last three matches. Chorley beat us on xG for God’s sake. That failing has to lie at the manager’s door.

We’re boring to watch, we must be bloody boring to play for and we are far, far less than the sum of our parts. All these are the responsibility of the manager.

Do I want Nuno sacked tomorrow morning? No. But there’s clearly something wrong and – as I’ve said before – right now he doesn’t even look like he wants to be a football manager. And if we don’t pick up a win in the next two games – if we have, say, 7 points from the last 13 games – then his position is going to be close to untenable.
Reasonable. The mods are sort of the equivalent of the landlord. Misbehave and they'll throw you out lol.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers tend to go when they have lost the confidence of the players or the supporters. Nuno hasn’t lost either yet.

If that’s the case why are we playing so badly?

I can stomach the poor results of the last couple of months but we have looked average/awful ever since Covid hit.

Nuno clearly has his mind on other things and it’s rubbing off on the players. As things stand the only way is down.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are not stupid....they won’t fire Nuno overnight after a bad result and appoint Terry Connor ...they will consider all there alternatives very carefully and only make a change if they believe it will improve the future ...

I guess I will trust their judgment and their advisers( uncle Jorge) a great deal more than the knee jerk nonsense on message boards. I hope all will be well and we finish 10th but that is only hope wearing my gold tinted specs.
I’m guessing as a hugely successful investment company they will already have alternatives considered.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cracking post mate. I feel the same.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers tend to go when they have lost the confidence of the players or the supporters. Nuno hasn’t lost either yet.

Hes lost some of the supporters by reading through here - but not the players. I agree - a managers time has come when hes lost the players.

I still think Nuno is the man - but I think hes burnt out and needs a break for a month or so. His body language and lack of enthusiasm at the moment seems to be being passed on to the squad.

I think the combination of not being able to go back to Portugal, no fans in the ground, no mid season jetting off for a break like they usually do, very little pre-season and, in reality, almost two seasons of football with very little break in between because of Europe and then Covid is catching up with him. He looks drained.

Hes trying too hard to find the solution to the problem - hence all the tinkering. Nuno was never one for tinkering in the past. The problem is, hes changing the wrong things - and not spotting the glaring issues.

I think he needs to go back to basics to see this season out and start with a clean slate next season. Back three of Boly, Coady and Kilman. Drop Moutinho - and move Neves more forward. Get Saiss in midfield playing the deeper role.

That will keep the back tight - but with Neves playing further forward, he'll chip in with his long range goals again.

Moutinho is done now. He is holding us back this season. Its weakening the midfield, leaving the back exposed and not providing chances going forward either. His inclusion is effectively impacting on three key areas.

Hes been a great player - but his time has come.

Hes not the whole problem - but hes a big part of the problem. Time to drop him and stabilise the midfield - then some of the confidence will return and the rest will follow.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't their an announcement recently that Fosun acknowledged all our difficulties and would be happy with a "mid-table finish"? An aim that I fully agree with.

It all depends on how you define "mid-table", though. 9th to 12th? 4th to 17th? We are currently on course for 17th to 15th. Is that mid-table? Or "scraping survival". For a team that spent way more than Burnley/Albion/Sheff U in recent years, will they be happy with finishing just ahead of that lot? Especially if form doesn't improve dramatically, because that will have us starting next season in the relegation battle.

Back
Top Bottom