Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it time

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Unless Fosun have a top notch replacement and back room team signed, sealed and ready to go then it would be absolute madness to let Nuno go.
I’ve been critical that results are not good enough but I’d like Nuno to be able to turn this around.
Let’s not repeat the McCarthy / Connor fiasco.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I love Nuno and appreciate the job he has done something is really off this season.
It is heartbreaking to think this but is it actually time to say this is the end.

The issues go far deeper than a striker it has been obvious for weeks now something is not right.
100%

he’s has this window and last to see the problems yet we have a bigger problem in midfield the Last 2 years and only now it’s being copped. You can all hate villa but at least they are trying to better an area even when They are well stocked already. That’s why they have progressed and we are falling like a stone.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
For those who refuse to even countenance Nuno being replaced or give time of day to those calling for it, I’d genuinely be interested in knowing:

- Do you enjoy watching us play?

- What is the last game you enjoyed watching?

- Do you think the performances and/or results in the last 12/15 games are acceptable?

- If not, who is to blame?

- What do you see in the performances that gives you belief Nuno can turn this around?

- Do you think Nuno is getting the best out of the players at his disposal?
The only question worth answering here is the last game I enjoyed. Realistically that was Tottenham 2-3 Wolves. I know we were at the home game with Brighton a week later but that as a spectacle wasn’t great. Anyone who has “enjoyed” any of the games since lockdown is kidding themselves.

Maybe it’s just me but I just don’t feel that emotional connection right now. For the last god knows how many months football has basically been a TV show. Until we’re back in the ground and there’s that sense of meaning attached to it, I wouldn’t be making any drastic changes. I think the whole club is just meandering through the season. The whole country is in a crisis and that certainly puts the struggles of our club into perspective.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been poor for ages but I would not sack nuno. I would do what norwich have done and stick with their manager regardless. And sheffield united. So for me Nuno stays even if the worst happens

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference is i couldn't see Nuno or half the squad sticking around if the worst happens.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only question worth answering here is the last game I enjoyed. Realistically that was Tottenham 2-3 Wolves. I know we were at the home game with Brighton a week later but that as a spectacle wasn’t great. Anyone who has “enjoyed” any of the games since lockdown is kidding themselves.

Maybe it’s just me but I just don’t feel that emotional connection right now. For the last god knows how many months football has basically been a TV show. Until we’re back in the ground and there’s that sense of meaning attached to it, I wouldn’t be making any drastic changes. I think the whole club is just meandering through the season. The whole country is in a crisis and that certainly puts the struggles of our club into perspective.
Well said. I honestly don’t give a toss at the minute. Barely watch our matches and certainly don’t watch anyone else’s. It’s not just you mate, I don’t have that emotional connection either.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm finding this season's football without fans, during a worldwide pandemic, difficult to digest as it is, if the rumours that Nuno has already been relieved of his duties and an announcement will be made tomorrow are true, then it'd just about put the icing on the cake for me and I personally think it would make us no better than all the other classless, *****y clubs that sack their managers at the first sign of tough times!
I genuinely can't believe how many have been so quick to turn on him and no, I'm no happy-clapper, far from it.
I can see something is drastically wrong at the club but I think there is more at play here than merely a manager losing the plot!
I also feel that sacking Nuno will ultimately seal our fate and see us secure our place back in the championship.
I would also like to add that I respect the opinion of others, after all, our end game is the same, even if our opinions differ but it is possible to have a difference of opinion, without resorting to childish insults and put downs.
TIOLAIKND ONE PACK /\_/\

D

Deleted member yltz11841

There are something like 2600 recorded deities throughout history. The only difference between atheists like me and religious folk is that they don't believe in 2599 gods whereas I don't believe in 2600.

Believe in one if you like as insurance, but if you believe in the wrong one....
I don’t believe in sod all either, I was using it as example of why thanking and praising players on a message board is fruitless and a poster replied with basically don’t criticize players just incase they do read it.

Reaction score
At their current rate Fulham are going to finish on 27 points, that’ll be what’ll (hopefully, probably) keep us up at the moment. There’s gotta be enough talent in Neto/Podence/Traore/Willian/Raul if he does return for perhaps 5-10 matches to win a few games, let alone get the 3 or 4 points we need to surpass 27
But then in the summer there needs to be a huge inquest, into the squad size, into whether it was sensible to have to rely so heavily on untested youth this season, on what system we actually think will take us forward and whether the established players within it (the likes of Coady, as much as I love the bloke) are up to scratch at dominating games.

I’m certainly concerned on the relegation risk, but in that form table flashed up yesterday Fulham, Albion, Sheff Utd were in the bottom 5 too, they’re currently not going on barnstorming runs themselves and I don’t think they’ll quite overtake us.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Km
I don’t believe in sod all either, I was using it as example of why thanking and praising players on a message board is fruitless and a poster replied with basically don’t criticize players just incase they do read it.
Perhaps they are reading the Mix, which might explain things!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it's not. But we are terrible at the moment, that's fair to say.

I never liked the blind 'in Nuno we trust' *******s but he's a top man with an obvious affinity for the club, a decent manager, this is his team and we've shortsightedly built the side around a Portuguese core so any replacement would need to be carefully considered. Let's see how we get on, I think there will be a response from the players in the next 5 tough games.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno has to stay. If we go down in this year then he should stay and get us back up.

That won't happen if there's a chance of us going down. We aren't Norwich. Fosun has invested too much now to go back down to the Championship.

Reaction score
These happy clappers need to get a grip. There is no room for sentiment in football, if there was, Mancini would still be at City and Ranieri would still be at Leicester. This “but we used to be rubbish” attitude is pathetic and one youd expect of a small club with no ambition. Nuno has given me the best days of my life as a young Wolves fan and he’ll forever be one of my favourite people but it is clear he isn’t the person to take this team forward anymore. To have the worst form in the league with the squad that we have is unbelievably bad, and for some reason a lot of fans can’t seem to get that into their heads.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has to stay. If we go down in this year then he should stay and get us back up.
No way a manager who takes a squad of this quality down gets to keep his job.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These happy clappers need to get a grip. There is no room for sentiment in football, if there was, Mancini would still be at City and Ranieri would still be at Leicester. This “but we used to be rubbish” attitude is pathetic and one youd expect of a small club with no ambition. Nuno has given me the best days of my life as a young Wolves fan and he’ll forever be one of my favourite people but it is clear he isn’t the person to take this team forward anymore. To have the worst form in the league with the squad that we have is unbelievably bad, and for some reason a lot of fans can’t seem to get that into their heads.
I just love your arrogance "as a young Wolves fan" - massive entitlement and all of those who don't agree with you "need to get a grip'. You are perfectly entitled to your view but how dare you attempt to tell others what is right or wrong. Many of us supported the club when we were crap, probably even before you were born. We will continue to do so even if the team, God forbid, goes down. All of the "plastic" so-called fans (note: l am not saying that this applies to you but the tenor of that post isn't promising frankly) would thankfully eff off to "support" ManUre, Chavski, Citeh, the Dippers....

Reaction score
I just love your arrogance "as a young Wolves fan" - massive entitlement and all of those who don't agree with you "need to get a grip'. You are perfectly entitled to your view but how dare you attempt to tell others what is right or wrong. Many of us supported the club when we were crap, probably even before you were born. We will continue to do so even if the team, God forbid, goes down. All of the "plastic" so-called fans (note: l am not saying that this applies to you but the tenor of that post isn't promising frankly) would thankfully eff off to "support" ManUre, Chavski, Citeh, the Dippers....
Been a Wolves fan all my life, I can’t help when I was born so stop trying to take some sort of moral high ground because you’re older than me, have a nice day

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day,no manager is bigger than the club.Same goes for Nuno.
We lose next three matches,and the writings probably on the wall.
With the squad we have,and the investments made..we shouldn´t be in a situation where relegation cannot be ruled out..injuries or no injuries.

Basic problems remains the same..not good enough quality bought in two summer windows regarding defence and central midfield.
Nuno is not blameless.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a Wolves fan all my life, I can’t help when I was born so stop trying to take some sort of moral high ground because you’re older than me, have a nice day
I wasn't trying to take a moral high ground because l'm older than you. I just don't like being told "l'm right, you are wrong, get a grip". There are ways and means of putting your point of view over that don't involve that. You have a good day too.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to take a moral high ground because l'm older than you. I just don't like being told "l'm right, you are wrong, get a grip". There are ways and means of putting your point of view over that don't involve that. You have a good day too.
I'm going to have a good day as well, crap form or not.

I think we should all have a good day, helping us get through a freaking global pandemic, crap form or not.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its our first real sticky spell under Nuno. Writing him of so easily is madness, especially with the disruptions we have had.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to be given the chance to turn things round. With everything he has done for the club, the city even, he is owed that much.
It's been 2 months. Can we risk another 2? J can if I'm honest but I don't think Fosun can or will

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its our first real sticky spell under Nuno. Writing him of so easily is madness, especially with the disruptions we have had.

If I could see the slightest signs of improvement I would agree as I don't want him to fail however mistakes every game and not addressing the core issues in the centre of defence and midfield have lead us down the path.

He really only has himself to blame as weve had more than enough time to address them and don't even get me started on signing a load of kids for most of our transfer budget alongside a small squad was a disaster waiting to happen and that disaster is unfolding before us.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
We can yes

But can fosun. Championship football ruins everything they've built up in the last 3 years, with Nuno of course
If it takes Nuno 2 months to get things right we’ll pick up enough points after that to be safe. There are still 17 games left, we probably need 5 wins from those?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure who would be on any potential shortlist at the moment.

Bruno Lage (Gestifute client)
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe
Leonardo Jardim
Rafa Benitez
Don't want Nuno gone in the slightest but Jesse Marsch from Salzburg could be seen as an option? Gestifute client & from the red bull family which we know we have contacts with due to Thelwell being at New York Red Bulls now

Personally though, I'd rather ride out the season with Nuno and give him a proper summer and preseason to get the first team sorted and back on track - hopefully with the additions of a top quality CB & CM that we need to progress.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never been a knee jerk reaction type and never will be,but something is going wrong somewhere
This isnt just a 10 game run its been going on for probably best part of a season now
I mean when was the last time we played attractive attacking football?

We have the players,they have all done it before,we can be defensive and break at pace,we have done it before,so what has changed?
Ok we have had injuries,all teams do,we have had the pandemic,so have everyone else,we have sold a couple of players,teams have sold better and more without collapsing

Where we perhaps went wrong was leaving us so frail in attack when selling Jota,we were always an injury away from trouble there
Perhaps an attack minded midfield player was needed to replace an ageing Mouts
Perhaps a new center back was required,perhaps a new LWB,all possible excuses and reasons
The problem i have with all that is, we have decent players in those positions,certainly good enough to get us through this season,or so it seemed

So if not the staff,what else is there?
You can only point to tactics and training

Nuno seemed irate yesterday, and said exactly what i have been saying for weeks,we need to do things quicker,be more adventurous,take a risk now and then,something we seem afraid to do now,but he has the players all week doesnt he?
I have no problem with playing the system we do,but we have to do it 10% faster and 5 yards further up field,with more players willing to gamble at times,we can do that and be compact if players chose to do so,its the why arent they that bothers me and needs sorting one way or another and fast

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s time to either give him some serious cash or sack him. I would prefer the cash option, but if Nuno wants to persist with this negative *******s, then I wouldn’t blame fosun for sacking him. It’s beyond tedious and it’s painful to watch.

The solutions are simple, Renato Sanches, Douglas Costa and take your pick from almost any central defender born in France after 1995 (pace). Personally I would throw the lot at RB Leipzig and take their whole damn defence; Upamecano, Konate and Mukiele. We wouldn’t need another player for 5 years.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting timing from wolves to put up a video of Nuno’s top 10 moments... Maybe a message to the fans he isn’t going anywhere, and remember what he’s done for us?

Back
Top Bottom