Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it time

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Definitely agree that losing Raul has affected us badly but you can't have a system that relies soley on the one player. You're just asking for trouble, and that's on Nuno's reluctance to change things/bring someone else in. We spent £35m on Fabio and he's nowhere near ready, even if he was going to be used sparingly this season. If Raul's playing poorly, who comes on? Nobody.

I think Fosun would be daft to not at least be sounding out/looking for a potential replacement, that's just Steve Morgan levels of incompetence.

I really hope Nuno picks things up, I absolutely love the guy but he looks really done in, I think confidence is shot all around, players and staff.

Not sure who would be on any potential shortlist at the moment.

Bruno Lage (Gestifute client)
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe
Leonardo Jardim
Rafa Benitez

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what evidence on the pitch and in the transfer windows have convinced you that such a business model shift has occurred?
None of Neves, Adama or Raul sold last summer for a start. The latter in particular, given his age and likely declining value if he stays for long, should have been moved on for a big profit if that article is correct.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno and his staff will sort out the problems.

Seriously, the lack of support from some is more depressing than the games. Have we forgotten who we are? We are Wolves! Ffs. Nuno has been bloody brilliant and deserves our support. If we get rid of him now we will go down.

Hey at least we will get match tickets in the championship.

He took us to Europe.

I really want him to stay and sort this out, and i'm really not advocating him being sacked, but you cant really argue with the form table. Its sackable form in the current football climate. Currently, we look mentally and physically shot. I didnt think we would get dragged into a relagation battle, but i think i got that wrong. With what i am seeing its going to be close. If we bring in another player to change the midfield dynamic, i think we will actually go on a good run of form. I dont think our midfielders are bad players, but its just not working for them.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of Neves, Adama or Raul sold last summer for a start. The latter in particular, given his age and likely declining value if he stays for long, should have been moved on for a big profit if that article is correct.
They're waiting for an increase in their valuation. I think the sale of Jota really messed things up. That sale confirmed to me that the plan in the article is indeed forging ahead.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're waiting for an increase in their valuation. I think the sale of Jota really messed things up. That sale confirmed to me that the plan in the article is indeed forging ahead.
How was a 29 year old Raul, after his highest ever scoring season, likely to increase in value?

wanderer89

Reaction score
Not sure who would be on any potential shortlist at the moment.

Bruno Lage (Gestifute client)
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe
Leonardo Jardim
Rafa Benitez
Not sure if Hasenhuttl would be worth a shout, decent job at Saints with not much money and did a good job at Leipzig before them.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Hasenhuttl would be worth a shout, decent job at Saints with not much money and did a good job at Leipzig before them.
I like Hassenhuttl who, if Saints fans were like many on here, would have been out of a job after the 9-0 loss to Leicester. If Fosun were going for managers in a job though then Lopetegui all day long.
Having said that l want Nuno to stay, turn things around and have some folk have to eat their words.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Wouldn’t leave Southampton given they have a chance of Europe this year. And if he does go, it will be to somebody bigger than us.

He’s also one of the best examples of how it can be best to stick with a Manager who has an excellent track record and come out stronger the other side. Would have been very easy for Saints to sack him after the 9-0 Leicester game.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm truly torn.

On one hand, I really hope he can turn it around, grind out back to back wins and finish the season with a flourish.

On the other, the mentality is shot at the moment - the understandable problems Nuno has with the pandemic seem to be peremeating throughout our play, with the players seemingly disinterested in a sense.

Things do go stale and they need reinvention. Wenger and Ferguson were experts at self-reinvention, and I had hoped (still hope in fact) that Nuno is too.

I just don't know though. It's the first time my unquestioning Nunoism has wavered.

I simply feel that 23 points from 21 games with this time is incredibly below par.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm truly torn.

On one hand, I really hope he can turn it around, grind out back to back wins and finish the season with a flourish.

On the other, the mentality is shot at the moment - the understandable problems Nuno has with the pandemic seem to be peremeating throughout our play, with the players seemingly disinterested in a sense.

Things do go stale and they need reinvention. Wenger and Ferguson were experts at self-reinvention, and I had hoped (still hope in fact) that Nuno is too.

I just don't know though. It's the first time my unquestioning Nunoism has wavered.

I simply feel that 23 points from 21 games with this time is incredibly below par.
Now that l can fully empathise with.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I like Hassenhuttl who, if Saints fans were like many on here, would have been out of a job after the 9-0 loss to Leicester. If Fosun were going for managers in a job though then Lopetegui all day long.
Having said that l want Nuno to stay, turn things around and have some folk have to eat their words.
The difference is most that question Nuno want to be proved wrong, where as you want an I told you so.

wanderer89

Reaction score
Don't think we have a chance of luring him away from Sevilla!
Wouldn’t leave Southampton given they have a chance of Europe this year. And if he does go, it will be to somebody bigger than us.

He’s also one of the best examples of how it can be best to stick with a Manager who has an excellent track record and come out stronger the other side. Would have been very easy for Saints to sack him after the 9-0 Leicester game.
This is true, but Saints haven't looked as bad as we have, even in that 9-0. That was a freak of a game and then I think they won their next game? We've lost 8 in a row, that's a bit different.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a forum, I hate the talk of we need to support them as it pointless unless they read the forum. It’s like saying happy birthday to players on here and stuff like that, its self gratification rather than support as we can’t go in the ground.
Sorry that's rubbish....my opinion of.course

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a great call - I wouldn't be too disappointed with Ralph.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on earth would Hassenhuttl come here?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I think that it was intended to be a joke and lighten the gloom a little....
3 points would lift the gloom.
**** I’d even take a loss and a decent performance where we went for the win currently.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd roll the dice and stick with Nuno to the end of the season, purely because I think we owe him.

I'm sure he could've left for Everton in the first season if he wanted, and perhaps Arsenal last season. Obviously, that's not even covering the fact he took us from the Championship to 7th, even if he was backed significantly.

However, I can't pretend I think we will stay up if he stays. I genuinely don't know if we will, and Nuno has to improve significantly in terms of his selection, approach etc.

Anyway, my opinion is nothing. I agree with the above posts, and I've outlined something similar on another thread, Fosun will not, IMO, risk hundreds of millions of pounds over feeling bad if they sacked Nuno. Unless things pick up, and by that I mean 2/3 wins in the next 6, then I think he goes after City in the international break.

I can't see those wins coming either.

Over the last 10 games, we are WORSE than Sheff Utd.
Over a 15 game period, we are 18th.

This is serious.

The way (I hear) Benitez offers himself around to Premier League clubs, I could easily see him replacing Nuno. Again, I don't want it to happen, but it feels inevitable.

I hope the players realise what's at stake here, not just in terms of survival, Nuno has brought most of them here and been key to the whole journey. They need to nick a win from these two games, and in truth, few can see it happening.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One win in 8 games, slipped down to mid table and rely on their striker and a player who only scores worldies to score most their goals.

Please tell me how he is an upgrade on Nuno?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume everyone else has seen the social media rumours that there’s a meeting been arranged at the club tomorrow ? Loads of tweets about it
I’m thinking it’s rubbish but is it ?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much for us being #onepack . When we are winning great, lose a few and some of our fans go right on the turn.

Not up to us to call for manager to be sacked. Support the club and Nuno is apart of Wolverhampton Wanderers, a big part who has achieved so much to put us on this platform. Oh and it's not about being a happy clapper and all that. It's just support ain't it.
#onepack
Fans don't have the right to critique the Manager? Comeon, this isn't a cult. Blind faith might as well be no faith. I've seen nothing from our recent performances to suggest that this run of form is going to change and I can't see how anybody can say otherwise.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the Ryan Bennett thing that drove Jota out...
Sorry for being out of the loop on this, but what exactly was the "Ryan Bennett thing"? Seen a few comments recently about Bennett being disruptive in the squad and ultimately being pushed out the door because of it but have never heard any details. Can someone please enlighten me?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd roll the dice and stick with Nuno to the end of the season, purely because I think we owe him.

I'm sure he could've left for Everton in the first season if he wanted, and perhaps Arsenal last season. Obviously, that's not even covering the fact he took us from the Championship to 7th, even if he was backed significantly.

However, I can't pretend I think we will stay up if he stays. I genuinely don't know if we will, and Nuno has to improve significantly in terms of his selection, approach etc.

Anyway, my opinion is nothing. I agree with the above posts, and I've outlined something similar on another thread, Fosun will not, IMO, risk hundreds of millions of pounds over feeling bad if they sacked Nuno. Unless things pick up, and by that I mean 2/3 wins in the next 6, then I think he goes after City in the international break.

I can't see those wins coming either.

Over the last 10 games, we are WORSE than Sheff Utd.
Over a 15 game period, we are 18th.

This is serious.

The way (I hear) Benitez offers himself around to Premier League clubs, I could easily see him replacing Nuno. Again, I don't want it to happen, but it feels inevitable.

I hope the players realise what's at stake here, not just in terms of survival, Nuno has brought most of them here and been key to the whole journey. They need to nick a win from these two games, and in truth, few can see it happening.
It doesnt really seem like many of them are all that bothered. I am really wondering whether Silva's signing has upset the dressing room. Many of them are only at Wolves for the money (not that I am blaming them).
If we think we're in the turd now, it'll get much much worse if Nuno is sacked.
On the opposite side of things, and I am torn on this, if Fosun are considering a replacement for Nuno then there is no time to waste.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
For those who refuse to even countenance Nuno being replaced or give time of day to those calling for it, I’d genuinely be interested in knowing:

- Do you enjoy watching us play?

- What is the last game you enjoyed watching?

- Do you think the performances and/or results in the last 12/15 games are acceptable?

- If not, who is to blame?

- What do you see in the performances that gives you belief Nuno can turn this around?

- Do you think Nuno is getting the best out of the players at his disposal?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odds have tumbled on Nuno being the next manager to leave in the PL.

2nd favourite now, from 6th a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom